[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should the knicks trade tier and dotson if fizdale isn't going to play them?
Author Thread
houston20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8797

11/7/2019  11:11 AM
I believe the knicks should play both dotson and trier but for whatever reason there in fizdale doghouse. I really don't want to trade dotson or trier but they deserve better then what they are getting here. I know for fact the sixers, celtics, bucks, spurs, rockets, clippers, blazers, raptors, and pistons could use both trier and dotson for picks.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/7/2019  11:43 AM
to who and for what? Both expire at years end. Who cares about 2nd round picks? Who's giving first rounders? Nobody.

Guys will get their chance at some point. We are not even 10 games in, Dotson was hurt and Trier is wildly inconsistent.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TPercy
Member: #5748

11/7/2019  11:49 AM
Yeah not saying that Ellington is great but he has consistently provided active defense and the threat of the 3 ball. Trier and Dotson will eventually get their opportunities and I'm confident that Trier will take it well but for now Ellington is more helpful to winning games at this point.
The Future is Bright!
houston20
Member: #8797

11/7/2019  11:53 AM
fishmike wrote:to who and for what? Both expire at years end. Who cares about 2nd round picks? Who's giving first rounders? Nobody.

Guys will get their chance at some point. We are not even 10 games in, Dotson was hurt and Trier is wildly inconsistent.

Sixers need bench help badly they could use trier for first round pick same with the bucks. Dotson expiring contract team like rockets could use him as 3 and d guy. Whats point have both trier and dotson the knicks could have had better record at least around 500.

fishmike
USA
11/7/2019  11:56 AM
houston20 wrote:
fishmike wrote:to who and for what? Both expire at years end. Who cares about 2nd round picks? Who's giving first rounders? Nobody.

Sixers need bench help badly they could use trier for first round pick same with the bucks. Dotson expiring contract team like rockets could use him as 3 and d guy. Whats point have both trier and dotson the knicks could have had better record at least around 500.

So when Phili dangles a first round pick on the trade market they are going to trade for Dotson? So teams are giving up first rounders for guys who cant crack our rotation? You see there is a breach in logic/reality there yea?
fishmike
USA
11/7/2019  11:57 AM
Morris will be a nice chip in an arms race. Dotson and Trier are warm bodies. Every team has 3 great players sitting on their bench who would be great "if only they were more consistent..."
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/7/2019  12:39 PM
houston20 wrote:I believe the knicks should play both dotson and trier but for whatever reason there in fizdale doghouse. I really don't want to trade dotson or trier but they deserve better then what they are getting here. I know for fact the sixers, celtics, bucks, spurs, rockets, clippers, blazers, raptors, and pistons could use both trier and dotson for picks.

he has 13 bonafide rotational players, and I knew this would happen base on his handle of the rotation last yr.

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/7/2019  12:48 PM
There is no way in hell Ellington should be play over Dotson and Trier. They are basically younger and do same things and other things much better.
knicks1248
11/7/2019  1:08 PM
Vmart wrote:There is no way in hell Ellington should be play over Dotson and Trier. They are basically younger and do same things and other things much better.

But ellington is more experience and savvy

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/7/2019  1:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:There is no way in hell Ellington should be play over Dotson and Trier. They are basically younger and do same things and other things much better.

I guess he is part of rebuilding and future of the Knicks.

knicks1248
11/7/2019  1:50 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Dude we had 7 young players last yr (some high lottery picks, all decent players) that were supposed to be part of the future.

How long do you think role players (in today's NBA) remain with one team, especially in a dysfunctional losing environment?

Do you think if we lose 57 games that anybody on this roster is safe, or the coach or the F/O--think reset button

You think if you play the young guys and they lose 50+ games, that were developing them, and moving in the right direction?

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/7/2019  1:59 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Dude we had 7 young players last yr (some high lottery picks, all decent players) that were supposed to be part of the future.

How long do you think role players (in today's NBA) remain with one team, especially in a dysfunctional losing environment?

Do you think if we lose 57 games that anybody on this roster is safe, or the coach or the F/O--think reset button

You think if you play the young guys and they lose 50+ games, that were developing them, and moving in the right direction?

Were going to lose 50+ games with Ellington regardless and he is going to be let go all the same most likely.

Trier and Dotson will end up on new teams. In a couple seasons as they gained experience they probably end up productive players helping their respective team. And all that will be said is that Knicks development is trash. When in reality they just got more experience over time and developed their games with that experience over the yrs.

They are upcoming free agents though. So if they aren't apart of the long term plans, decisions would have to be made to get something back. But I think a commitment will be made one way or another going into the deadline to either move them or move Ellington. Where they will start to get regular mins to see if they should be kept.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/7/2019  3:16 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Were going to lose 50+ games with Ellington regardless and he is going to be let go all the same most likely.

Trier and Dotson will end up on new teams. In a couple seasons as they gained experience they probably end up productive players helping their respective team. And all that will be said is that Knicks development is trash. When in reality they just got more experience over time and developed their games with that experience over the yrs.

They are upcoming free agents though. So if they aren't apart of the long term plans, decisions would have to be made to get something back. But I think a commitment will be made one way or another going into the deadline to either move them or move Ellington. Where they will start to get regular mins to see if they should be kept.

Yes and they will come back to MSG and drop 30 on the Knicks! Add Frank to the list...maynbe not 30

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/7/2019  3:31 PM
houston20 wrote:

I know a team that could use some scoring from the bench. If only we had an instant microwave offense player like that. Like Nate Robinson but better
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Should the knicks trade tier and dotson if fizdale isn't going to play them?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy