[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

11/6/19- New York Knicks vs Detroit Pistons Game thread:
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Posts: 36258
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
11/7/2019  8:41 AM
Vmart wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:This game was lost when Detroit got that foul,flagrant,and posession, it turned into a 6 point play and the knicks were done after that. Their body language said it all after that play.

Randle was single handily involved in an 11 point swing in less that 48 seconds. 4 point flagrant. Two point basket by Detroit and fumbling and bumbling shot clock violation that took 3 points off the board and resulted in another Detroit basket.

Yeah. Randle is way over his head. Fizdale needs to recognize this. Simplify his responsibilities. Make him a PnR big. Tell him the 2 second rule. If you have not done anything in 2 seconds then move the ****ing move.

AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Posts: 34405
Alba Posts: 48
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #542
USA
11/7/2019  9:07 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Vmart wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:This game was lost when Detroit got that foul,flagrant,and posession, it turned into a 6 point play and the knicks were done after that. Their body language said it all after that play.

Randle was single handily involved in an 11 point swing in less that 48 seconds. 4 point flagrant. Two point basket by Detroit and fumbling and bumbling shot clock violation that took 3 points off the board and resulted in another Detroit basket.

Yeah. Randle is way over his head. Fizdale needs to recognize this. Simplify his responsibilities. Make him a PnR big. Tell him the 2 second rule. If you have not done anything in 2 seconds then move the ****ing move.

How do you know Fiz hasn’t told him to do something like that and Randle just isn’t doing it?

“Bonkers!” - Marcus Morris
NYKBocker
Posts: 36258
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
11/7/2019  9:21 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Vmart wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:This game was lost when Detroit got that foul,flagrant,and posession, it turned into a 6 point play and the knicks were done after that. Their body language said it all after that play.

Randle was single handily involved in an 11 point swing in less that 48 seconds. 4 point flagrant. Two point basket by Detroit and fumbling and bumbling shot clock violation that took 3 points off the board and resulted in another Detroit basket.

Yeah. Randle is way over his head. Fizdale needs to recognize this. Simplify his responsibilities. Make him a PnR big. Tell him the 2 second rule. If you have not done anything in 2 seconds then move the ****ing move.

How do you know Fiz hasn’t told him to do something like that and Randle just isn’t doing it?

If he hasn't then that's even worse. That means Randle doesn't want to be coached or he is not coachable. If this is true then this is a bad look for Fizdale meaning he doesn't hold his players accountable and he works on a double standard.

Chandler
Posts: 23706
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

11/7/2019  9:57 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Just an ill-fitting roster. I don’t blame Fiz. This is a slow team with no dribble penetration, ball movers or shooters. Front office needs a plan to put together a real team. Prioritize shooting, athleticism and dribble penetration.

Sure, don’t blame Fiz. He is just theeee... coach?... who’s job is tooooo... make the roster work and... have a system that benefits his players...

Sure, NO PART OF THIS IS HIs FAULT. Sure...

Bad roster construction, yeah, but Fiz gets lots of the blame.

He earns blame of course. Just saying no one is going to fix this $hitshow except the front office.

Fiz has a part. He also has 9 new players on a 15 man roster that has had no continuity. Also, great point about no dribble penetration. Pistons went with their third string point tonight and their offense looked really good. The Knicks need a starting caliber point guard. Maybe that guy is on the roster and has been hurt but this group so far makes Felton look like a hof. Even if they found the next Duhon things would be better.

FO had all the flexibility in the world to address this. Tons of $$ and KP as an asset

Detroit announcers said this was their most efficient offensive game of the year, and the numbers back that up

SO now we have a coach who can't generate offense or defense (wasn't that supposed to be his specialty).

Martin: Hezonja will be in the NBA next year. Martin was right; I was wrong. :-(
Chandler
Posts: 23706
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

11/7/2019  9:58 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Just an ill-fitting roster. I don’t blame Fiz. This is a slow team with no dribble penetration, ball movers or shooters. Front office needs a plan to put together a real team. Prioritize shooting, athleticism and dribble penetration.

You can absolutely blame Fiz. As a head coach, he has to know how to put his current personnel to the right situation. Look at Pat Riley. He came from the Showtime Lakers to the Knicks. He didn't have Magic, Kareem and Worthy. So what did he do? He found the right system for Ewing, Oakley, Starks and cultivated that. Same thing when he went to Miami.

Fizdale doesn't know what he is doing. He is a used car salesman.

And add in the team is new. Why did the FO collect a bunch of players that Fizz can't coach up on O or D? It's not like he inherited these guys.

Martin: Hezonja will be in the NBA next year. Martin was right; I was wrong. :-(
martin
Posts: 48962
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2019  11:47 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Just an ill-fitting roster. I don’t blame Fiz. This is a slow team with no dribble penetration, ball movers or shooters. Front office needs a plan to put together a real team. Prioritize shooting, athleticism and dribble penetration.

Sure, don’t blame Fiz. He is just theeee... coach?... who’s job is tooooo... make the roster work and... have a system that benefits his players...

Sure, NO PART OF THIS IS HIs FAULT. Sure...

Bad roster construction, yeah, but Fiz gets lots of the blame.

He earns blame of course. Just saying no one is going to fix this $hitshow except the front office.

Someone could surely make it look a bit better. Randle is a better player than how he is being used here, for example.


Yes, why ? Dotson has been good in his little time.

Trier can score. IF Fiz is such a players coach or even a good coach - then get Trier to defend. IT's simple - defend or you don't play. I saw Trier trying on D last game and now tonight nothing again.

Ellington should be on the bench. Only call him out whne you need a 3.

Players who should play

Starting lineup
Frank
RJ
knox
Randle
Mitch

Rotation
DSjr/Payton
Trier
Dotson
Morris
Portis/Gibson

This is just a head scratcher for me. Why Knox over Morris?

Also, trying on D is not the benchmark for anything. I can try to shoot the ball all day long but if it isn't going in it means my offense sucks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Posts: 25033
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/5/2014
Member: #5748

11/7/2019  12:09 PM
We lost this game because our defense sucked mostly b/c no rim protection
The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG
Posts: 27216
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

11/7/2019  12:34 PM
Chandler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Just an ill-fitting roster. I don’t blame Fiz. This is a slow team with no dribble penetration, ball movers or shooters. Front office needs a plan to put together a real team. Prioritize shooting, athleticism and dribble penetration.

You can absolutely blame Fiz. As a head coach, he has to know how to put his current personnel to the right situation. Look at Pat Riley. He came from the Showtime Lakers to the Knicks. He didn't have Magic, Kareem and Worthy. So what did he do? He found the right system for Ewing, Oakley, Starks and cultivated that. Same thing when he went to Miami.

Fizdale doesn't know what he is doing. He is a used car salesman.

And add in the team is new. Why did the FO collect a bunch of players that Fizz can't coach up on O or D? It's not like he inherited these guys.


I'd have to think that Fiz was brought in when the FO was pencilling in potential free agents. I'm sure Fix had the chance to say which guys fit his "system." This is the strategy Sac tool when Perry was there. They added a bunch of vet free agents and we're trash, but the youngsters did take off the following season. Maybe that will happen to us after we draft Ball or Anthony after the season ends?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Posts: 23706
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

11/7/2019  1:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Just an ill-fitting roster. I don’t blame Fiz. This is a slow team with no dribble penetration, ball movers or shooters. Front office needs a plan to put together a real team. Prioritize shooting, athleticism and dribble penetration.

You can absolutely blame Fiz. As a head coach, he has to know how to put his current personnel to the right situation. Look at Pat Riley. He came from the Showtime Lakers to the Knicks. He didn't have Magic, Kareem and Worthy. So what did he do? He found the right system for Ewing, Oakley, Starks and cultivated that. Same thing when he went to Miami.

Fizdale doesn't know what he is doing. He is a used car salesman.

And add in the team is new. Why did the FO collect a bunch of players that Fizz can't coach up on O or D? It's not like he inherited these guys.


I'd have to think that Fiz was brought in when the FO was pencilling in potential free agents. I'm sure Fix had the chance to say which guys fit his "system." This is the strategy Sac tool when Perry was there. They added a bunch of vet free agents and we're trash, but the youngsters did take off the following season. Maybe that will happen to us after we draft Ball or Anthony after the season ends?

the year after Perry left?

the new players argument cuts both ways. On the one hand we all know chemistry needs to be built; on the other hand you selected new guys who are supposed to fit your system/coach. And they're veterans, each of whom has been on multiple teams already so one would think the players aren't shell shocked by being in a new framework

it's going to be a loooong season, I fear

Martin: Hezonja will be in the NBA next year. Martin was right; I was wrong. :-(
Kemet
Posts: 21070
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

11/7/2019  1:54 PM
martin wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Just an ill-fitting roster. I don’t blame Fiz. This is a slow team with no dribble penetration, ball movers or shooters. Front office needs a plan to put together a real team. Prioritize shooting, athleticism and dribble penetration.

Sure, don’t blame Fiz. He is just theeee... coach?... who’s job is tooooo... make the roster work and... have a system that benefits his players...

Sure, NO PART OF THIS IS HIs FAULT. Sure...

Bad roster construction, yeah, but Fiz gets lots of the blame.

He earns blame of course. Just saying no one is going to fix this $hitshow except the front office.

Someone could surely make it look a bit better. Randle is a better player than how he is being used here, for example.


Yes, why ? Dotson has been good in his little time.

Trier can score. IF Fiz is such a players coach or even a good coach - then get Trier to defend. IT's simple - defend or you don't play. I saw Trier trying on D last game and now tonight nothing again.

Ellington should be on the bench. Only call him out whne you need a 3.

Players who should play

Starting lineup
Frank
RJ
knox
Randle
Mitch

Rotation
DSjr/Payton
Trier
Dotson
Morris
Portis/Gibson

This is just a head scratcher for me. Why Knox over Morris?

Also, trying on D is not the benchmark for anything. I can try to shoot the ball all day long but if it isn't going in it means my offense sucks.

Starter
Frank
Dotson
Morris
Gibson
MitchRob

6th Man rookie RJ Barrett
Payton
Knox
Randle
Portis

The Knicks $70M offseason FA are not panning out to well in Fizdale's individual iso-system.
The $30M contract the Knicks gave to Portis, should have went to DeAndre Jordan to resign.
The Knicks only have one legit NBA starter on the roster .. Morris
Randle's performance still show that Randle's a $10M per role-player off the bench.

ccch
Posts: 20061
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/28/2012
Member: #3876

11/7/2019  4:40 PM
TPercy wrote:We lost this game because our defense sucked mostly b/c no rim protection

Yes...It looks like Fiz is in over his head. Playing worse than last year. Question is, why did he get an extension...Trend line was going down last year.

cooch2584
Posts: 21388
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

11/8/2019  8:53 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
Vmart wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:This game was lost when Detroit got that foul,flagrant,and posession, it turned into a 6 point play and the knicks were done after that. Their body language said it all after that play.

Randle was single handily involved in an 11 point swing in less that 48 seconds. 4 point flagrant. Two point basket by Detroit and fumbling and bumbling shot clock violation that took 3 points off the board and resulted in another Detroit basket.

Yeah. Randle is way over his head. Fizdale needs to recognize this. Simplify his responsibilities. Make him a PnR big. Tell him the 2 second rule. If you have not done anything in 2 seconds then move the ****ing move.

AGREE 100%

cooch2584
Posts: 21388
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

11/8/2019  8:55 AM
martin wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Just an ill-fitting roster. I don’t blame Fiz. This is a slow team with no dribble penetration, ball movers or shooters. Front office needs a plan to put together a real team. Prioritize shooting, athleticism and dribble penetration.

Sure, don’t blame Fiz. He is just theeee... coach?... who’s job is tooooo... make the roster work and... have a system that benefits his players...

Sure, NO PART OF THIS IS HIs FAULT. Sure...

Bad roster construction, yeah, but Fiz gets lots of the blame.

He earns blame of course. Just saying no one is going to fix this $hitshow except the front office.

Someone could surely make it look a bit better. Randle is a better player than how he is being used here, for example.


Yes, why ? Dotson has been good in his little time.

Trier can score. IF Fiz is such a players coach or even a good coach - then get Trier to defend. IT's simple - defend or you don't play. I saw Trier trying on D last game and now tonight nothing again.

Ellington should be on the bench. Only call him out whne you need a 3.

Players who should play

Starting lineup
Frank
RJ
knox
Randle
Mitch

Rotation
DSjr/Payton
Trier
Dotson
Morris
Portis/Gibson

This is just a head scratcher for me. Why Knox over Morris?

Also, trying on D is not the benchmark for anything. I can try to shoot the ball all day long but if it isn't going in it means my offense sucks.

People say knox looks good on o but what good is knox scoring 10-12 points when his man is scoring 15- 20 points because knox doesn't play d??

11/6/19- New York Knicks vs Detroit Pistons Game thread:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.