[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fiz is a star killer..
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
11/5/2019  4:15 PM
First Gasol, then KP, now he’s screwing around with Mitch. This guy is an empty suit who thinks he’s slick but he can’t coach. Calls no real plays and thinks he can just roll the ball on the court.
If we had a real nba coach we would still have KP. He & Mitch were perfect compliments to each other.
So frustrating as a Knicks season ticket holder. Organization is run by baffoons.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/5/2019  4:27 PM
Gasol publically credits Fiz with making him better. Fiz wanted him to add a 3pt shot. Look it up.
Gasol has a nice ring to celebrate his career with. Both Gasol brothers have bling!!!
Fiz never coached a minute of KP. If KP in half a season thought the team was going nowhere that's on him. If KP did not think he was part of the solution that's on him. We had the ability to add a top player to play with him. KP wanted an extension last summer when he was hurt and a knick. BY not giving to him then the knicks saved 10mm of cap, that's another player or more of a player he could play with.

Fiz did not kill Gasol, nor KP. Mitch got a huge amount of playing time last year and I suspect this year they are asking him to do more.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/5/2019  4:35 PM
Mitch is a star? Dang those baffoons....
TLover
Member: #381
USA
11/5/2019  4:39 PM
Fiz & his wife going to Latvia did nothing to convince KP to stay. KP and his family saw that he’s a BS artist and that his game would be stagnant if coached by Fiz. Gasol was already a great player and he got his bling bc of Leonard and Nick Nurse’s coaching.
Just bc Fiz told Gasol to shoot more 3’s does not mean he’s a good coach.
Ettore Messina should have been the hire when KP was here.

Only reason Fizdale was hired, was to recruit KD which did not work. Heck he even hired KD’s mentor teammate when he was a rookie in Seattle.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/5/2019  4:48 PM
Definitely not a star maker.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/6/2019  9:00 AM
Hiring a coach based on some star player compatibility present or even more so perspective is shortsighted and idiotic.
Coach in NBA should be hired based on the task at hand which depends on the state of the team.
Knicks were below the ground zero and in need of motivator and young players development.
No established coach will take on this task unless he will be overpaid and will be made immune from any responsibility.
We tried this and it worked as it should. Ended in disasters.
Fiz is stopgap tryout coach.
Having right intentions does not guaranty the abilities to succeed.
Mitch is not a star, he is talented baby. His maturity as a big man is years away.
Fans always mix up expectations with reality.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/6/2019  9:05 AM
Vmart wrote:Definitely not a star maker.

Fiz's coaching in a nutshell:

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/6/2019  9:28 AM
TLover wrote:First Gasol, then KP, now he’s screwing around with Mitch. This guy is an empty suit who thinks he’s slick but he can’t coach. Calls no real plays and thinks he can just roll the ball on the court.
If we had a real nba coach we would still have KP. He & Mitch were perfect compliments to each other.
So frustrating as a Knicks season ticket holder. Organization is run by baffoons.

putting aside the "star" characterization, Mitch made most of his progress last year when Deandre was on the team. At the moment i suppose his mentor is Taj but i always thought of him more as a 4, and not a tutor for a shot blocking type

Mitch also credited his decreased fouls last year with tips he learned from Kerry Kittles -- who wasn't affiliated with the team.

I don't mind if Fizz benches him, but there has to be a REAL plan for development. He was drafted as the epitome of a development project and to date his best development has come from outside the CS

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/6/2019  10:47 AM
Chandler wrote:
TLover wrote:First Gasol, then KP, now he’s screwing around with Mitch. This guy is an empty suit who thinks he’s slick but he can’t coach. Calls no real plays and thinks he can just roll the ball on the court.

putting aside the "star" characterization, Mitch made most of his progress last year when Deandre was on the team. At the moment i suppose his mentor is Taj but i always thought of him more as a 4, and not a tutor for a shot blocking type

Mitch also credited his decreased fouls last year with tips he learned from Kerry Kittles -- who wasn't affiliated with the team.

I don't mind if Fizz benches him, but there has to be a REAL plan for development. He was drafted as the epitome of a development project and to date his best development has come from outside the CS

That's the case for knox as well, and if frank is the epitome of the knicks development, then we should be focus on ready made players, like we did in the 90's

ES
Chandler

11/6/2019  11:07 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

That's the case for knox as well, and if frank is the epitome of the knicks development, then we should be focus on ready made players, like we did in the 90's

Building a team through FA is a losing proposition in a salary capped league UNLESS you can land bons fide superstars worth more than their MAX or SUPERMAX price tag. With FA you pay market value (generally speaking) and if anything a losing franchise has to pay a premium to get a player to join

We need to draft and develop. If we're not doing that well, the people in charge of drafting and developing need to go

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
11/6/2019  11:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

The core of that was Ewing, Oak (Trade from drafted Cartright), Starks and Mase, who were developed FA's, and H20 a free agent. The team was build off of ewing. Oak became Camby, Starks was used in Spree trade, and Mase for LJ which in part was us taking LJ monster contract.
IN an era of no salary cap or it was not a hard cap then.
The point was there was a core. A core of talent, a core of developing talent and we were able to trade picks that then were less valuable because of contract management. 1-6 sucks. No easy answers. Just easy concepts.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/6/2019  11:56 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Like Randle, Portis, Gibson, Morris, Payton, Ellington?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/6/2019  12:06 PM

Apple/Google links

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/6/2019  12:43 PM
TLover wrote:Fiz & his wife going to Latvia did nothing to convince KP to stay. KP and his family saw that he’s a BS artist and that his game would be stagnant if coached by Fiz. Gasol was already a great player and he got his bling bc of Leonard and Nick Nurse’s coaching.

Only reason Fizdale was hired, was to recruit KD which did not work. Heck he even hired KD’s mentor teammate when he was a rookie in Seattle.

KP's bags were packed before Fiz's introductory press conference...blame the previous regime for that. Fiz hasn't coached any stars since he's been in NY...

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/6/2019  1:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2019  1:20 PM
Chandler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Building a team through FA is a losing proposition in a salary capped league UNLESS you can land bons fide superstars worth more than their MAX or SUPERMAX price tag. With FA you pay market value (generally speaking) and if anything a losing franchise has to pay a premium to get a player to join

We need to draft and develop. If we're not doing that well, the people in charge of drafting and developing need to go

No star FA has ever signed with knicks, not even in the 90's...mostly every good player came via trade

The F/O has had more young players than any front office the knicks have had PERIOD, and they are all well below avg, and not taking any major steps

Mills has assembled not 1 but 2 rosters that produce 17 win season in a 4 yr span. He has assembled rosters that have shattered every losing record (most overall losses in a row, most home losses in a row, most road losses in a row) in knicks 60+ yr history..

He hired an assistant coach to be his head coach, traded for draft bust and didn't even develop them, hired scott perry (a yes man) who has less impact around the league then him, he kept everyone on the coaching staff as if they did a good job last season

Between himself, Perry and Fiz(who all supposed to have great relationship with players around the league),couldn't convince a single star to here them out, and backed up rinks truck, to signed role player.

this franchise has the worst record in the entire NBA since he took over

Your trying to justify his plan or act like he knows what's best for this franchise..

yeak..ok

ES
Chandler

11/6/2019  1:47 PM
Uptown wrote:
TLover wrote:Fiz & his wife going to Latvia did nothing to convince KP to stay. KP and his family saw that he’s a BS artist and that his game would be stagnant if coached by Fiz. Gasol was already a great player and he got his bling bc of Leonard and Nick Nurse’s coaching.

KP's bags were packed before Fiz's introductory press conference...blame the previous regime for that. Fiz hasn't coached any stars since he's been in NY...

prior regime certainly started it, but i think it's a completely legitimate view to think KP saw things going from bad to worse. The new regime talked one thing (2-way players who pass) and did another (e.g., Trier explicitly allowed to hold the ball more; no 2-way; worse D and passing than Hornacek era)

At some point this FO and this CS have to own their ****; they can't blame Phil for everything forever

(5)(5)
Chandler

11/6/2019  1:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

No star FA has ever signed with knicks, not even in the 90's...mostly every good player came via trade

The F/O has had more young players than any front office the knicks have had PERIOD, and they are all well below avg, and not taking any major steps

Mills has assembled not 1 but 2 rosters that produce 17 win season in a 4 yr span. He has assembled rosters that have shattered every losing record (most overall losses in a row, most home losses in a row, most road losses in a row) in knicks 60+ yr history..

He hired an assistant coach to be his head coach, traded for draft bust and didn't even develop them, hired scott perry (a yes man) who has less impact around the league then him, he kept everyone on the coaching staff as if they did a good job last season

Between himself, Perry and Fiz(who all supposed to have great relationship with players around the league),couldn't convince a single star to here them out, and backed up rinks truck, to signed role player.

Your trying to justify his plan or act like he knows what's best for this franchise..

yeak..ok

You're nuts! Just read my posts and you'll see i'm one of Mill's and Perry's biggest critics

What i was saying is that the idea of building a team through FA is highly suspect when your team stinks

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/6/2019  1:51 PM
EnySpree wrote:

Apple/Google links

Tell 'em why you mad son!
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
11/6/2019  2:11 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

yeak..ok

Blame Mills for Phils work? I know it works for you.
No stars in the 90's? I thought we were good without? We went to the finals twice in the 90's?
What free agents were available that was missed? What was the window of opportunity either by player or by cap?
Grant Hill? Brain Grant? Shaq? the Details of ewings contract? Play a role? Mitumbo? Danny Ainge? Divac? Kerr?
BTW, Allan Houstan was signed as a free agent. At the time he was signed he was young and rising. We almost had Reggie Miller but H20 was far younger. Money aside, Allan was great. Money included, it did not pan out as hoped.

You have the answers 1248 but you don't have facts because you don't know the questions to ask yourself.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/6/2019  6:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2019  6:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Apple/Google links

Tell 'em why you mad son!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Fiz is a star killer..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy