[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should the knicks have offered mudiay his qualifying offer of 6.5 million instead of declining his qualifying offer contract.
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/5/2019  1:04 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Pining for Mudiay, we've officially hit rock bottom

Seriously we need to stop running players out of town then immediately pining for them to come back when they do okay with their new teams

It's not that Mudiay is doing ok with Utah- it's that he did really well for us last year at a position of continued need.

he did? He did very well for the team so much so it was the worst in the league?

His offense was the best of his career and it was below average. His defense sucks.

Remind me what he did well? Or is the bar so low that anything better than your previous suck counts as something?

seriously? He averaged 14.8 points for us last year. We wouldn't be 1 & 7 with Mudiay running the point for us this year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mudiaem01.html

like any bad team, those are empty calories- someone had to score.

But part of the reason I think we struggled last year is he was hurt/out of shape to start the year. Once he got in, I thought we did better.

Put Mudiay in for any of our marginal signings, we're 500 or close - 3/4 or 4/3.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/5/2019  2:23 PM
We bring in fresh Fiz and Craig Robinson and his special sauce to develop players. Mudiay was a success to some extent.
If your confident DSjr can be that and even more, why wouldn't knicks be confident in the process?
Fans be panicking. IM sure nobody is happy in knickland.
As long as Dolan don't panic we good. Lets put it this way, Im not spending big money to see this team. They roll around to Charlotte the prices fall and good selection. Nalod got a bucketlist to sit courtide for a game. Teams don't let them sit empty but I'd love to snag one at $500. I can tell frank all the things he "should be" doing. He is so lucky to have us!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/5/2019  2:27 PM
Got better offensively in part thanks to Fizdale, but he didnt become a better playmaker. Played more like an SG. Looks like he is in a good situation. We can do better.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2019  2:31 PM
houston20 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Seriously we need to stop running players out of town then immediately pining for them to come back when they do okay with their new teams

It's not that Mudiay is doing ok with Utah- it's that he did really well for us last year at a position of continued need.

he did? He did very well for the team so much so it was the worst in the league?

His offense was the best of his career and it was below average. His defense sucks.

Remind me what he did well? Or is the bar so low that anything better than your previous suck counts as something?

Frank is making salary of 4.8 million dollars and is averaging 3.2 points game, dsj is making a salary of 4.4 million is averaging 1.0 points, and elfrid payton is making salary 8 million dollars and averaging 8 points game. In total salary between payton, frank and dsj is 17 million dollars for doing nothing on offense so far and mudiay making 1.7 million dollars averaging 9 points on 44 percent shooting. Wasting 17 million on three guards who aren't giving hardly anything on offense is a bad move and the knicks should have giving mudiay another chance for 6.5 million dollars our record at least close 500 3-4 instead of 1-6.

So what.

You didn't reply to anything I wrote and instead deflected to something else.

The Knicks PGs have not played well and haven't yet really had a chance. And Mudiay still sucks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2019  2:35 PM
MS wrote:We had two guys we should have just brought back instead of wasting money on Portis, Ellington, Bullock and Gibson. We weren't ever making the playoffs so don't see why you wouldn't have just brought back Mario and Noah at those numbers.

For the life of me I don't know why we didn't just sign Rubio to run the point for two year and make Barrett, Knox and Frank better. Justin Holliday played well for us, but Steve Mills thought it was smarter to give Ron Baker two year for some assign reason. He would have given us a little shooting and a lot of defense and is high character and no drama.

Ricky Rubio - Two Years $50MM
Justin Holiday - 2 years $6MM
Noah Vonleh - Two years -$6MM
Mario - Two years $7MM

Rubio / Frank
Barrett/ Dotson
Knox/Holiday
Morris / Vonleh
Randle / Mitch

Wait, you constantly complain that the Knicks suck and you want to bring back the likes of Mario and Noah? So that you can later complain that the Knicks can't even upgrade talent?

The version of Elfrid on Pelicans team last year was not too shabby when not hurt. Lesser Rubio on only a 1 year deal to keep flexibility.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
houston20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8797

11/5/2019  2:39 PM
martin wrote:
houston20 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Frank is making salary of 4.8 million dollars and is averaging 3.2 points game, dsj is making a salary of 4.4 million is averaging 1.0 points, and elfrid payton is making salary 8 million dollars and averaging 8 points game. In total salary between payton, frank and dsj is 17 million dollars for doing nothing on offense so far and mudiay making 1.7 million dollars averaging 9 points on 44 percent shooting. Wasting 17 million on three guards who aren't giving hardly anything on offense is a bad move and the knicks should have giving mudiay another chance for 6.5 million dollars our record at least close 500 3-4 instead of 1-6.

So what.

The Knicks PGs have not played well and haven't yet really had a chance. And Mudiay still sucks.

Mudiay would have had better players around him in starting line up barret,morris, robinson, and randle . Mudiay workload would have been easier he would have to be the main guy the only thing he would have to do set up the offense for randle, barret, and robinson. My point before was you have 3 point guards making 17 million dollars salary doing next to nothing on your roster. These three point guards aren't give us enough offense production which the knicks need. I know it only been 7 games but the knicks point guards suck there worst in the nba right now and it needs upgraded asap.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/5/2019  2:43 PM
houston20 wrote:
martin wrote:
houston20 wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:

So what.

Mudiay would have had better players around him in starting line up barret,morris, robinson, and randle . Mudiay workload would have been easier he would have to be the main guy the only thing he would have to do set up the offense for randle, barret, and robinson. My point before was you have 3 point guards making 17 million dollars salary doing next to nothing on your roster. These three point guards aren't give us enough offense production which the knicks need. I know it only been 7 games but the knicks point guards suck there worst in the nba right now and it needs upgraded asap.

Mudiay would've had the ball taken out of his hands like all our other guards so we can experiment with RJ and Randle as initiators.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

11/5/2019  2:57 PM
Look forward don't look back...
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/5/2019  3:06 PM
I'm just glad no one is saying we should've beat Jordan's offer and signed Scary Terry
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Should the knicks have offered mudiay his qualifying offer of 6.5 million instead of declining his qualifying offer contract.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy