[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game night! Fahk Bahston!!!! FIBA Frank will be unleashed and starting! Kemba beware
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/1/2019  11:56 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TheGame wrote:I will say this. Our defense looks solid. If we play like this from now on, we are going to win a decent amount of games.

I agree. This team has a lot of fight. They have to overcome no roster continuity. This is a new team. Most nights four out of five starters played for a different team last year.

Every year the same excuses.

Truth is, we always start with some fight. Heck, I think we have been close or at 500 early in past seasons. They fight but lose until they lose so much that the fight weakens and reality of another losing season settles in.

Prove me wrong, Knicks, I’ll be very happy. But truth is we are green, with a mediocre coach and a suspect roster construction, including a debacle at PG. The fight is nice but if they don’t start getting more wins, they will sing so far below they will lack the motivation to keep fighting.

Knicks still losing but over last 6 game, first to this one, I’ve seen team improvement. Still long way to go before wins get there

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
11/2/2019  12:10 AM
elmaestro33 wrote:Not that it mattered, but they really should have stopped the game and reviewed if Tatum’s shot was a 2 or 3 pointer. They scored it as a 3 which sets up a materially different play at the end there.

Completely agree. The officials should have stopped for a review, especially since the initial ruling was incorrect.

Alas that was 2 great shots in a row.

Some quick thoughts about the game:
The Knicks played pretty well as a whole and they really tightened up the TO problem. If they play like this, I see them stealing some wins against playoff teams.

But really we’re so close. We need to get a couple of these.

Frank played with a lot of poise and didn’t hurt the team with his time on the court. Wow! Give him 2 games like this and we’ll all be convinced about his prospects as a future star :p

Randle seems to be a little lost right now. Maybe Fiz is giving him too much too soon, he might be pressing to hard, or he’s hurting physically.

RJ had another another off shooting night, again missing some decent looks and layups. He fills up a stat sheet though.

The Knicks as a team are not good from the ft line. That has cost us. What’s are average as a team? Are we even 70%?

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
martin
USA
11/2/2019  12:28 AM
Can’t remember if someone pointed this out previously: did Boston coaching staff plan offensive sets/picks to get Kamba away from Frank? Seemed like they were doing that quite purposely
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/2/2019  7:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2019  7:56 AM
martin wrote:Can’t remember if someone pointed this out previously: did Boston coaching staff plan offensive sets/picks to get Kamba away from Frank? Seemed like they were doing that quite purposely

Frank played a solid game. Think he had good mechanics on his outside shot and usual high energy on defense.
Great chase block and nice razzle dazzle on one move in the 4th. But don't think the narrative of several posts that Boston made a whole game plan for Frank is accurate. Fact is Boston runs a PnR offense. One can look at the games against the Bucks (specially in last 5) and against other teams and see exactly the same thing. I actually thought that Frank could have fought through many of them. It seemed like they were switching too easily. Still a good game by him. They were in it the whole way through. Tough loss but plenty to build on. Think with a little more attacking, Frank will be solid going forward.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/2/2019  8:28 AM
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TheGame wrote:I will say this. Our defense looks solid. If we play like this from now on, we are going to win a decent amount of games.

I agree. This team has a lot of fight. They have to overcome no roster continuity. This is a new team. Most nights four out of five starters played for a different team last year.

Truth is, we always start with some fight. Heck, I think we have been close or at 500 early in past seasons. They fight but lose until they lose so much that the fight weakens and reality of another losing season settles in.

Prove me wrong, Knicks, I’ll be very happy. But truth is we are green, with a mediocre coach and a suspect roster construction, including a debacle at PG. The fight is nice but if they don’t start getting more wins, they will sing so far below they will lack the motivation to keep fighting.

Knicks still losing but over last 6 game, first to this one, I’ve seen team improvement. Still long way to go before wins get there

An 8 man rotation with 4 guys 21 or younger and 4 guys playing their sixth game as Knicks on the road against a playoff team and losing by 2 in the final seconds isn’t the same old Knicks. They lost again but this team is getting better.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/2/2019  8:37 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:Can’t remember if someone pointed this out previously: did Boston coaching staff plan offensive sets/picks to get Kamba away from Frank? Seemed like they were doing that quite purposely

Frank played a solid game. Think he had good mechanics on his outside shot and usual high energy on defense.
Great chase block and nice razzle dazzle on one move in the 4th. But don't think the narrative of several posts that Boston made a whole game plan for Frank is accurate. Fact is Boston runs a PnR offense. One can look at the games against the Bucks (specially in last 5) and against other teams and see exactly the same thing. I actually thought that Frank could have fought through many of them. It seemed like they were switching too easily. Still a good game by him. They were in it the whole way through. Tough loss but plenty to build on. Think with a little more attacking, Frank will be solid going forward.

I think it was a mixture of both. They definetly game planned for Frank and set really good picks to either get better matchups or give kemba some space From Frank. Also Kemba is just a really good player so you gotta tip your cap to him. I liked Franks game again. He is starting to gain more confidence. I would like Fiz to run some PnR rolls with him
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/2/2019  8:47 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

It was def the game plan from the Knicks to switch Frank off of Kemba. The only logic I can think of as to why is to avoid getting him in foul trouble until the late 4th. Knowing the rotation was gonna be short tonight with Fiz only playing 8 players. But then even in the late 4th we continued to switch in most crunch time moments.

Frank also got beat one on one 3 times which has been rare this yr.
1st Mitch came over wit the help and Kemba kicked out for a corner 3 which I believe they missed though.
2nd Wannamaker and 1
3rd Kemba 3 with Frank playing a poor angle.

The switching overall lead to more penetration from the guards and Kemba getting 10 or more fts though. But the game was wire to wire so im guessing Fiz was willing to live with that and try to take the game late. If Knicks were down double digit pts maybe he changes it.

With Frank looked at to expand his overall role and mins. Its interesting dynamic that his defensive responsibility was asked to be lessened. Like instead of 22-29 mins or so focused on fighting threw screens and shutting guards down from penetration. He was allowed to be preserved somewhat which I am wondering had a effect on him then making shots?

After he hit that mid range jumper 26 seconds after getting the fast break layup. Fiz should have looked to keep featuring him off the pick to see if he could maintain that rhythm.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/2/2019  9:14 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

It was def the game plan from the Knicks to switch Frank off of Kemba. The only logic I can think of as to why is to avoid getting him in foul trouble until the late 4th. Knowing the rotation was gonna be short tonight with Fiz only playing 8 players. But then even in the late 4th we continued to switch in most crunch time moments.

1st Mitch came over wit the help and Kemba kicked out for a corner 3 which I believe they missed though.
2nd Wannamaker and 1

The switching overall lead to more penetration from the guards and Kemba getting 10 or more fts though. But the game was wire to wire so im guessing Fiz was willing to live with that and try to take the game late. If Knicks were down double digit pts maybe he changes it.

With Frank looked at to expand his overall role and mins. Its interesting dynamic that his defensive responsibility was asked to be lessened. Like instead of 22-29 mins or so focused on fighting threw screens and shutting guards down from penetration. He was allowed to be preserved somewhat which I am wondering had a effect on him then making shots?

After he hit that mid range jumper 26 seconds after getting the fast break layup. Fiz should have looked to keep featuring him off the pick to see if he could maintain that rhythm.

Think you made a good point. Considering the Knicks were down to 1 PG, Fiz may have made the decision to switch the PnR. Just don't get why they did so down the stretch. As Frank had 2 left.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/2/2019  10:08 AM

Knicks were switching on all high PnR which certainly helped
Boston free Kemba

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/2/2019  10:17 AM
I was watching Boston feed and shockingly brian scalbrine (who utterly hates the Knicks)was complimentary saying among other things that Knicks looked like a different team from a few days ago. I agree

Was puzzled by all of the high switches. On the one hand it made it easier for Celtics to free kemba from frank. On the other hand we seemed more organized. IIRC Woodson used to switch everything too

I suspect trier is in the doghouse bc he’s stopping the ball. This is probably a good thing for now but odd since last year fizz was explicit w the media that it was ok by him if trier
Did that. In fact trier was the exception

I was very happy to see the teams resilience. Still think fizz needs to use his depth better. Run more. Press more. Our 12 is better than more or other teams 12. Our 8 is not

U can then make game time adjustments based on whose getting it done

(As a general matter I would run 8 or 9 BUT not with this roster)

(5)(5)
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/2/2019  10:19 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

2nd Wannamaker and 1

9 times out of 10, when you are playing in a free-flowing-read and react- offensive set, the player has the freedom to call his own number if he is feeling it. Frank doesn't have that mentality yet.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/2/2019  10:36 AM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

2nd Wannamaker and 1

9 times out of 10, when you are playing in a free-flowing-read and react- offensive set, the player has the freedom to call his own number if he is feeling it. Frank doesn't have that mentality yet.

You are 100% correct. Spoke about this last game as well. Fiz deep down is probably begging Frank to demand the ball especially down the stretch.

He also had 2 chances to attack in the open court off a stop or TO. One when Thais who was the only defender back at the moment. Frank opted to stop and pass the ball to Morris at the top of the key to set the offense instead. The other one was similar situation but with Kemba back peddling sagging way off to protect the paint. Was nothing but space and a back peddling 6'1 Kemba in the path to the rim. Gotta attack that.

I don't know if he will or won't develop those type of attack instincts. But I expect these things to get broken down to him in the film room.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/2/2019  10:40 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

An 8 man rotation with 4 guys 21 or younger and 4 guys playing their sixth game as Knicks on the road against a playoff team and losing by 2 in the final seconds isn’t the same old Knicks. They lost again but this team is getting better.
THANK YOU SIR!

This is the comment I came to see. This is what a moral victory looks like. Knox is getting better all the time. He's looking like a better and better prospect every game on both sides. I feel like he's really answered questions about his motor and he's thriving in his role. RJ with a great bounce back. While Barret's shooting line wasn't sexy I like how he does other things when his shot isnt falling. He's been good on defense and chipped in 7 boards and 5 dimes. Frank's play was huge. He really makes a lot of things happens. Also I thought Mitch played harder last night than I had seen in awhile. I like that he's not handed minutes and needs to prove he deserves them over Portis who brings some nice scoring and rebounding.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/2/2019  11:06 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

2nd Wannamaker and 1

You are 100% correct. Spoke about this last game as well. Fiz deep down is probably begging Frank to demand the ball especially down the stretch.

He also had 2 chances to attack in the open court off a stop or TO. One when Thais who was the only defender back at the moment. Frank opted to stop and pass the ball to Morris at the top of the key to set the offense instead. The other one was similar situation but with Kemba back peddling sagging way off to protect the paint. Was nothing but space and a back peddling 6'1 Kemba in the path to the rim. Gotta attack that.

I don't know if he will or won't develop those type of attack instincts. But I expect these things to get broken down to him in the film room.

Great call!!! Frank is a legit 6'6 with long arms which is great size for a lead guard. Elite level guards with that type of advantage will punish 6'0 guards on the other end by taking them into the post or shooting over them in the the mid range similar to Shaun Livingston. Frank needs to start taking advantage of his size because right now, on the offensive end, he mind as well be a 6'0 guard.

Experience, constant film study and perhaps a mentor will help him grow. The physical tools are there, but the mentality, as of right now is not.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/2/2019  11:44 AM
Another hugely deflating loss. It sucks because I thought we were the better team last night and we just can't shoot well enough. I was concerned about our shooting this offseason and its still a major problem. Our guards especially are hugely inefficent. None of them shoot well. I know Barrett has been much better than expected shooting but his numbers are trending down the last few games. Also the free throw shooting. We are the 2nd worst free throw shooting team in the league. This sucks because we have gotten to the line a lot more than I expected this year without Dennis Smith Jr. Its frustarting because while I expected another year with no playoffs, I thought we would hang in there a little longer this season. Soon the vets will give up and be traded. RJ Barrett will start hating playing here and we will hit the reset button again
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/2/2019  12:14 PM
Just watched the game. Not a "Deflating Loss" but more encouraging. I thought the only thing knicks did badly was execute a few shots that could have easily fallen. Frank missed an easy layup, etc as did Barret. Few FT's might have helped. That happens in all games!! Few shots by him and others were in and out. Plus Tatum hit a great closing shot.

Kncks defense was very good and ball moved much better than any game I have seen. I thought Frank played a very solid PG game. As for Kemba, the dude is an allstar killer. Nobody stops him. He scores on everyone.

I thought Fiz coached a very good game. More important than some failed executions was the team looked to be gelling and the ball moved freely. Sure Frank was hesitant at times. his first start this year and that was a pressure game with a tight score. That matters. Knox pass to Morris to tie it up was great. He passed to morris then he went to the corner. If Morrie gets tied up he is open. Good instinct and play creation if need be.

This game was encouraging as it demonstrated progress. Im more inclinded to see the good in this game then point fingers. This was a good game. Reality is you need games like this and it needs to happen before "Winning". Orlando was close until they took knicks out of pace and did not allow flow. Boston has a trio of talent in Walker, haywood and Tatum. The in lane pass to Tatum who finished was a beautiful play. Watching Haywood I see some aspects that Barrett has.

martin
USA
11/2/2019  12:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I like the shortened rotation. Probably bumps to 9 when a PG comes back.

Is this the Fiz lots expected last yer? Feel like this is his year to show us what he has got

martin
USA
11/2/2019  12:45 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

2nd Wannamaker and 1

Man, you can just tell how much coaxing the Knicks need to do to get Frank to WANT to own the PG position and do all of the thinks they want and expect. Even bringing the ball up the court, I'd love Frank to demand the ball when near the rebounder, sometimes he will just defer and put his head down and run up the court. Dude gotta TELL Randle to give him the ball and let him do his thing.

Feel like the Knicks are AOK for now just having Frank take ball up court and set up and organize offense, take the open shot, and break down the defense when it's obvious. But Frank GOTTA get the killer mentality of most all other PGs and want to own the position.

martin
USA
11/2/2019  12:46 PM
Chandler wrote:

Knicks were switching on all high PnR which certainly helped
Boston free Kemba

Yeah, I understood why and hoped there were some spots where Frank especially would fight through the picks and stick with Kemba, it was just too easy.

But that was the team plan and gotta stick with it for now

martin
USA
11/2/2019  12:56 PM
I've been disappointed in Mitch's play. He seems like the same player as last year. I can't find anything that has changed with him.
Game night! Fahk Bahston!!!! FIBA Frank will be unleashed and starting! Kemba beware

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy