[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank is starting tonight
Author Thread
houston20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8797

11/1/2019  1:22 PM
I am just hoping kemba doesn't come back for his revenge against frank because we all know kemba has been hearing about frank shutting him down in fiba this past summer. I just hope frank stays out of foul trouble and play good defense, i have no expectation for frank offensive game tonight.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/1/2019  1:23 PM
Fiz playing mind games wit Kemba .
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/1/2019  1:36 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Whos is going to back him up...Trier?

Probably RJ....It's Zos turn in the dog house apparently

Was said in an article that he was going to go with RJ and Ellington but decided to go with Frank due to his success against Kemba. Not a bad move considering Kemba scored 32 last game. Would assume RJ moves to starting at SG. So hard for him to back up at PG initially. Interesting to see who he picks.

I get going with Frank, but I wish Fiz would stop pulling guys in and out of the rotation. Difficult to get a good rhythm going when you play one game then miss the next 2-3 etc.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/1/2019  1:39 PM
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Was said in an article that he was going to go with RJ and Ellington but decided to go with Frank due to his success against Kemba. Not a bad move considering Kemba scored 32 last game. Would assume RJ moves to starting at SG. So hard for him to back up at PG initially. Interesting to see who he picks.

I get going with Frank, but I wish Fiz would stop pulling guys in and out of the rotation. Difficult to get a good rhythm going when you play one game then miss the next 2-3 etc.

If offense looks like it needs a spark he def shouldnt hesitate to insert Trier. He is one of the few that can get deep into the paint. Better option than a Morris Iso mid-range pull up.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/1/2019  1:40 PM
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

same. I also think that when most guys are stapled to the bench their confidence is lower than normal. So great, throw the guy wondering what's wrong with his game in as a starter. Maybe it's just an indictment of the roster

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/1/2019  1:54 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

If offense looks like it needs a spark he def shouldnt hesitate to insert Trier. He is one of the few that can get deep into the paint. Better option than a Morris Iso mid-range pull up.

Zo should have never been pulled from the rotation in the first place. He had a great game against the Nets, 22 pts on 6-7 shooting. He was off in the next game then banished to the bench for the next 2 while Ellington throws up one brick after the next. At some point, Fiz needs to find consistent mins for our core young group.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/1/2019  2:05 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

same. I also think that when most guys are stapled to the bench their confidence is lower than normal. So great, throw the guy wondering what's wrong with his game in as a starter. Maybe it's just an indictment of the roster

The longer this PG carousel drags on, the more likely we will see a trade for a veteran PG around the first trade deadline. My guess anyway.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/1/2019  2:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:I would go with Trier as back up PG. This way Kemba expends a lot of energy when Frank is guarding him and he expends a lot of energy guarding Trier on the defensive end when Trier is in the game.

Maybe Fiz experiments with Mitch running the point he's the only one left he hasn't tried there..lol

Initiation of offense is one of the most important aspect of basketball. It’s almost a criteria for organized basketball. I’m with you when it comes to players bring up the basketball. I don’t think Morris should bring the basketball because there is almost 60% chance he is going iso. Randle is more a willing passer and has propensity for turning the ball over. When anyone brings the ball up it screams no system and improvisation and There are only so many possessions in a game.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/1/2019  2:20 PM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Zo should have never been pulled from the rotation in the first place. He had a great game against the Nets, 22 pts on 6-7 shooting. He was off in the next game then banished to the bench for the next 2 while Ellington throws up one brick after the next. At some point, Fiz needs to find consistent mins for our core young group.

Bet you he wont bench RJ, morris or randle after his bad game, or pull them from the starting line up.

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/1/2019  2:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Bet you he wont bench RJ, morris or randle after his bad game, or pull them from the starting line up.

you really dont understand why those guys may be coached differently that Trier? Really? Is this the town rec league?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/1/2019  2:52 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

you really dont understand why those guys may be coached differently that Trier? Really? Is this the town rec league?

PLus all 3 are a bit more accomplished defensively at this point.

Knixkik
USA
11/1/2019  2:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

The longer this PG carousel drags on, the more likely we will see a trade for a veteran PG around the first trade deadline. My guess anyway.

Who's out there? Payton seems like he will always be injury prone.
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/1/2019  2:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2019  2:56 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

A Trade?????????????????

LMAO

This FO already tried that with Mudiay and DSJ..

And mills... (when he was a GM) had a chance to grab Rubio for Rose and he wiffed, because(him or phil or both) didn't want to add any picks.

The problem with the FO is they are not willing to sacrifice picks in any trade, they would rather eat a contract(see noah, kanter, kuz, willy, ect) or take a chance on a draft bust and prey..

Maybe a player like RUBIO even gets KP to reconsider his request

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/1/2019  3:00 PM
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

If this continues, I'd rather wait until the draft and free agency. We'd a really good point guard for a playoff push and that probably wouldn't be enough. Now, if one of those studs do become available, then we should pounce.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

11/1/2019  3:17 PM
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Good question. We have good players to offer in a trade, the advantage of a deep squad on short term deals, for the most part. Believe we have the assets to spare for a competitive offer for a PG. Have no idea who would be available at that time. Would rather see our PGs figure things out, but that might not be the case around trade time.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/1/2019  3:21 PM
Can’t wait for Kemba to pull a Sam Darnold against Frankie tonight!!!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2019  3:28 PM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I understand the box score tells a story. But what is it that Fiz and the players who spend endless times practicing and traveling together might know what we don't? We assume Fiz is just pulling guys out when they have a bad shooting game or is it following a game plan? Defensive/offensive assignments? is the player hesitant, not instinctive or plain brain dead? Before I blast the coach or the player I ask myself what can this be? What might be really eating at Fiz regarding Trier? Im thinking its defense and you mess up your mates look bad. You lose your lockerroom if you don't proactively seek remedy.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/1/2019  3:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I understand the box score tells a story. But what is it that Fiz and the players who spend endless times practicing and traveling together might know what we don't? We assume Fiz is just pulling guys out when they have a bad shooting game or is it following a game plan? Defensive/offensive assignments? is the player hesitant, not instinctive or plain brain dead? Before I blast the coach or the player I ask myself what can this be? What might be really eating at Fiz regarding Trier? Im thinking its defense and you mess up your mates look bad. You lose your lockerroom if you don't proactively seek remedy.

Yes.

For the team to move forward individual players are supposed to do certain things at certain times both on offense and defense. Looking at one game's shooting statline barely scratches the surface of what a player is expected to do within the team environment for 1 game and along the arc of many games and the season.

Trier got a HUGE opportunity the first game of the year.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
11/1/2019  3:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

A Trade?????????????????

LMAO

This FO already tried that with Mudiay and DSJ..

And mills... (when he was a GM) had a chance to grab Rubio for Rose and he wiffed, because(him or phil or both) didn't want to add any picks.

The problem with the FO is they are not willing to sacrifice picks in any trade, they would rather eat a contract(see noah, kanter, kuz, willy, ect) or take a chance on a draft bust and prey..

Maybe a player like RUBIO even gets KP to reconsider his request

Rubio is good but i wish we had a PG that could shoot. We don't need a star PG. I think the wing position is more important in this positionless game today. We just need a PG who can make open shots, defend, and facilitate an offense. In theory, Frank can be that guy, but he lacks confidence. He has good form on his jumper, it just doesn't go in. He strikes me as a guy who shoots well in pickup and workouts, just not in games. We need him to mentally take a step forward. It's year 3 and this is his biggest chance. If he doesn't show that now, the PG search will continue.

GustavBahler

11/1/2019  3:37 PM
Nalod wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Regarding Trier, he was pulled after just a few minutes as a starter. Wonder if how he reacted on the bench played a part? Something that got the coaching staff's attention? Otherwise its seems arbitrary and counterprodutive. Hard for a player to understsnd their role, under those circumstances.

Frank is starting tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy