[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What did y'all expect?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/31/2019  2:25 PM
Miserable lot of you in the game thread!!!
Nine new faces most odds and scouts are had us under 30 wins. What did you expect?
Start the year 1-4. Three of the 5 games on the road. 4 losses all to Playoff teams.
A whole thread on last nights game and y'all on fire like it it was our divine right to have won the game! Not a single mention of it was a road game against a playoff team.
The Orlando magic are largely either the same or improved from last year. They were the 7th seed in the east last year. We won 17 games and were the worst. What did you expect?

Don't get me wrong, some of you have good observations but regarding the heat of the moment none of you are a pro level coach.
Show a little respect to the opponent and their coach. We getting beat by teams that's suppose to beat us. WE don't push? They controlled the tempo. Give them credit. They had 7 turnovers as a team. Randle and Morris had 6 of our 11. There is some of your pace right there. They out rebounded us. There is your pace. They got back on defense. Clifford had over a year with that same group now in year 2. He took over that team that was underperforming. Maybe that's what we do with Knicks, but we are not close to forming a core and committing to it.
So far won the only realistic game at home against the Bulls. Guess what, save your minds now and understand Celtics are next. Road game also. They might not be as good as last year, but they are a better team.

Rainman got all the answers and the nerve to tell us we in denial. Thinking we are better than what we are is denial. Not gonna say it don't suck, but that's reality.

I saw a lot of bad stuff out there last night too but I am seeing better defense. Im seeing frank create to get open shots which is all the more remarkable because cuz he is not a threat. Don't matter what I or anyone thinks until HE THINKS IT!!!! That's all been discussed enough.
Barrett is wonderful, Knox is improving and Mitch shows some signs of an offense. This is good stuff, just not enough of it to beat playoff teams on the road. 5 games in and wanna fire coach?, fire the FO? and Burn the whole thing down? 9 new faces and we underperforming? We have yet to even "PERFORM" at any expected level. I don't know what it is, but its not .500. What in gods name does firing a coach do this season????
I don't know what to expect but sitting there thinking "We deserve more because we have the worlds greatest arena and live in the Mecca" is delusional.
Im a knick fan, Im frustrated. But there is a limit.

AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/31/2019  2:38 PM
agree 100%. I've seen a slight improvement game 1 to last night. Steady improvement and I'll be happy. We're building something that isn't yet built!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/31/2019  2:50 PM
I expected a 30 win team. What I'm getting is a team that might win around 20 games.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/31/2019  3:53 PM
Seeing how we beat the only team we were supposed to, we can't really complain. I'm sure if we stole one of the other games, the mood would be different. We are exactly who we expected, but as a bonus Barrett has looked better than expected in 4 out of 5 games. So it has to be considered an encouraging start overall if you look at the big picture.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/31/2019  4:33 PM
I expected a lot more out of DSJ. I expected more from Morris and Randle. I have been very pleased with RJ and Knox. If the Knicks had beaten the Nets I would be in a great place. I like the fight the team has shown for the most part.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/31/2019  4:38 PM
not happy. i expected 2-3 or 3-2. y'all are soft.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/31/2019  4:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I expected a lot more out of DSJ. I expected more from Morris and Randle. I have been very pleased with RJ and Knox. If the Knicks had beaten the Nets I would be in a great place. I like the fight the team has shown for the most part.

That's one of the few positives. They are showing effort. It's misplaced at times, but I haven't looked and said "man, these guys are digging it tonight!"

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2019  4:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I expected a lot more out of DSJ. I expected more from Morris and Randle. I have been very pleased with RJ and Knox. If the Knicks had beaten the Nets I would be in a great place. I like the fight the team has shown for the most part.
this. DS is very disappointing. He was going to be the athletic spark, worked on the jumper, all we heard was how good he looked in camp and wow he's just looked utterly terrible. Hopefully he get himself right mentally and can come back and help.

The promising thing is we have played hard, competed hard and much of the slop can be cleaned up with reps

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/31/2019  6:02 PM

Agreed

The Future is Bright!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/31/2019  6:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2019  6:12 PM
Marv wrote:not happy. i expected 2-3 or 3-2. y'all are soft.
Hear hear
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/31/2019  6:33 PM
Papabear Says

Randel is a turnover machine. The man can't handle the ball.

Papabear
blkexec
Member: #748
10/31/2019  6:49 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

Thats coaching. He's responsible for guiding players towards their strong skill set. Randel running point and making passing decisions, is not his strongest skill set. Come on coach....

We look like every game is mental fatique. The other team always has a little more colectively. But this is a brand new team, just put together.

"This NY culture of no patience, entitlement, hurry up and win mentality, is our biggest weakness as an organization.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/31/2019  7:30 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Hear hear

4 of the teams the Knicks played were playoff teams last year, 3 on the road.

The Knicks won the other game.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/31/2019  7:41 PM
I expected more from Frank, Peyton, DSJ, Morris and Randle. I expected slightly more from Mitch as well. I thought he would be playing a little smarter than what he has shown. I also expected more from Trier. I thought he would be an 18 ppg player. He has that ability. That’s 7 players underperforming.

Knox’s efficiency is improving and he’s working hard on both ends. He’s ok with me.

I expected less from Barrett. In fact, I expected a lot of what we saw against the Magic. And I loved (and love) the guy. He has his flaws but he’s doing much more in the wrong role. With that said, he’s playing a bad role because our PGs are underperforming and/or hurt.

The team has been disappointing.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/31/2019  7:48 PM
blkexec wrote:
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

Thats coaching. He's responsible for guiding players towards their strong skill set. Randel running point and making passing decisions, is not his strongest skill set. Come on coach....

We look like every game is mental fatique. The other team always has a little more colectively. But this is a brand new team, just put together.

"This NY culture of no patience, entitlement, hurry up and win mentality, is our biggest weakness as an organization.....

He’s turning the ball over doing just about everything though. Not just from playing point forward. Driving to the hoop, posting up, you name it.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
MS
Member: #724
10/31/2019  9:26 PM
I think we expect the coach to understand lineups. It’s not that hard to see that playing Morris, Randle and Robinson together without consistent shooting isn’t going to work.

Everyone and their mother knows RJ shouldn’t be playing the point.

Dotson is our best backup shooting guard and one of the few consistent shooters, he shouldn’t be buried on the bench.

Figure out how to maximize players strengths and run a ****ing offense down the stretch and stop allowing double standards. Morris is a veteran but he’s isn’t a star, nor someone that would start on a lot of teams, so why is he allowed to just fire off bad shot after bad shot.

We should have expected more from the front office. But some believe it’s ok to be numb after three years of lottery picks and trading a franchise player for a guy that’s going to be out of the league before you know it.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/31/2019  9:30 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Hear hear

there were 4 winnable games of which they won 1.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2019  8:09 AM
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Hear hear

there were 4 winnable games of which they won 1.

maybe "winnable" becuae they were playing a bit over their heads? A good thing?
Do we actually close the book on Randle point forward (its not every play mind you) after a few games or do let the team work it thru.
I mean new players, and looks like a very different ball movement schematic. It takes time to burn it in? Frank looks hesitant at times but the reality is when he is dong what he suppose to he looks good, and he really has played in only two games. Randle kicking it portis in the corner was nice vs Bulls but not a good look in Orlando.
If knox was there he hits a better %.

Fiz looks to be coaching this team more. Execution is still the key to any team. More important team has its faith based system more than fans. We don't catch the nuances, just judge the results.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/1/2019  8:46 AM
I expected what I expected but I wanted to be surprised.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/1/2019  9:36 AM
in the offseason I compared this team to that ****squad Scott Layden put together and the angry mob came with torches... we have 'a lot of depth' like we did then because ultimately we signed a bunch of bench players. Julius Randle can play but as the face of the operation?

The only thing that matters is how RJ, Knox, and whoever else grow. Fiz has not produced but I think the only thing that matters is how the kids play and hopefully that is how he gets evaluated by the FO. We need to figure out how to get more picks and draft well.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
What did y'all expect?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy