Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/30/2019  12:47 PM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:The love for Ntilikina and amount of threads are unreal. How can you quantify a player who legitimately can't put the ball in the basket if he was alone in the gym but clearly makes an impact with his defense? I guess that's why there's such a debate.

Every thread involves Frank, mind as well call him RUDY..RUDY...RUDY

The guy with the least amount of impact is the most talked about, if he has a deflection there's thread started, if he steals the ball, he's DOY candidate, if he shoots 2 fo 100, his offense will come later, if takes 2 free throws in 10 games, he doesn't get the calls, if he makes a couple of stops on Kyrie or Kemba, he's now a the best perimeter defender in the league, so what he can't shoot, thats not important now, we have enough scorers, he can end the game with a plus minus of - 20, and that gets disregarded(only when it comes to him) as a stupid stat that doesn't tell the whole story

There has been an excuses for everyone of his flaws, there have been posters that wouldn't trade him for anybody, and are willing to patient for however long it takes.

let that be a lesson to you. a positive approach gets you a lot of support in this world.

You should have the same respect and approach for every player on the roster

good lord. lightening up a little might prove beneficial. try it sometime . . .?

The rainman is in my head when Frank plays. I admit it.
When frank is playing its like The knicks are playing 5 players against 6.
The 6th is Knicks"TheRainman"1248
!
There was a wide open three in the last part of the Chicago game after frank made a good defensive play and he could have put the game away right there. The Garden (Am I wrong here Fish?) was about to erupt if he hit it. In the back of my head "oh man, he not just hits that shot, he is shooting against knicks1248!!!!

In my head. Nalod is afflicted.

Very True
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2019  12:51 PM
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:The love for Ntilikina and amount of threads are unreal. How can you quantify a player who legitimately can't put the ball in the basket if he was alone in the gym but clearly makes an impact with his defense? I guess that's why there's such a debate.

The guy with the least amount of impact is the most talked about, if he has a deflection there's thread started, if he steals the ball, he's DOY candidate, if he shoots 2 fo 100, his offense will come later, if takes 2 free throws in 10 games, he doesn't get the calls, if he makes a couple of stops on Kyrie or Kemba, he's now a the best perimeter defender in the league, so what he can't shoot, thats not important now, we have enough scorers, he can end the game with a plus minus of - 20, and that gets disregarded(only when it comes to him) as a stupid stat that doesn't tell the whole story

There has been an excuses for everyone of his flaws, there have been posters that wouldn't trade him for anybody, and are willing to patient for however long it takes.

let that be a lesson to you. a positive approach gets you a lot of support in this world.

You should have the same respect and approach for every player on the roster

good lord. lightening up a little might prove beneficial. try it sometime . . .?

The rainman is in my head when Frank plays. I admit it.
When frank is playing its like The knicks are playing 5 players against 6.
The 6th is Knicks"TheRainman"1248
!
There was a wide open three in the last part of the Chicago game after frank made a good defensive play and he could have put the game away right there. The Garden (Am I wrong here Fish?) was about to erupt if he hit it. In the back of my head "oh man, he not just hits that shot, he is shooting against knicks1248!!!!

In my head. Nalod is afflicted.

EEEEEveryone was ready to lose it if Frank hit ONE of those shots. The one that got tipped to Knox who immediately drained the 3 was the one tho...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/30/2019  1:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

and are willing to patient for however long it takes.

No other player on the roster gets a pass for his mistakes like frank, the ones who love him will overlook every flaw and be patient for the next 5 yrs or more

Whatever you need to tell yourself for being banned from the bandwagon

All emotion, no facts.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1

10/30/2019  1:18 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

No other player on the roster gets a pass for his mistakes like frank, the ones who love him will overlook every flaw and be patient for the next 5 yrs or more

All emotion, no facts.

Agreed. Besides not liking Frank he hates the fact that fans are rooting for him which as I as fan I thought that was what we were suppose to do . However even those of us who support Frank have been very fair of his play. We all agree he needs to produce more offensively and hit those shots. Even though he went 0-6 last game i liked what i saw from his looks, they just didn't go down. Hopefully tonight and going forward they will.
newyorknewyork
10/30/2019  1:53 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

Agreed. Besides not liking Frank he hates the fact that fans are rooting for him which as I as fan I thought that was what we were suppose to do . However even those of us who support Frank have been very fair of his play. We all agree he needs to produce more offensively and hit those shots. Even though he went 0-6 last game i liked what i saw from his looks, they just didn't go down. Hopefully tonight and going forward they will.

I think this love he gets is important as it shows other players at the same time that Knicks aren't looking to just tear everyone down. That they can also shower players with love even if they aren't dropping 20 a night.

Don't like that Smith got booed and that was wrong. But the precedent for Knick fans are being set to what they want. Give Max effort on defense, be a constant pro and team player. If you do those things they will cheer and love you even if you shoot 0-6.

Even Smith honestly got booed because Young, Murray, Walker were both lighting him up. Now if he was balling too they probably let some of that slide. But to perform as bad was he was offensively only to get cooked while on defense is most likely why the chant for Frank and boo birds started singing.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/30/2019  2:23 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

I don't dislike frank, i don't know where you get that from, I'm just not given him every excuse in the book..

I also think we need an elite PG, something he's absolutely not,but I'm fine with him off the bench for 20 minutes

ES
StarksEwing1

10/30/2019  2:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

I don't dislike frank, i don't know where you get that from, I'm just not given him every excuse in the book..

I also think we need an elite PG, something he's absolutely not,but I'm fine with him off the bench for 20 minutes

Nobody is making excuses for him. In fact most are fine with him coming off the bench.
newyorknewyork
10/30/2019  2:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2019  2:51 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

Nobody is making excuses for him. In fact most are fine with him coming off the bench.

I don't even see why Frank would need excuses.

He has outperformed Smith who is currently out. He fills a need with guards like Murray, Irving, Walker all going off on the Knicks leading to our 0-3 start. Fans want to see him get consistent mins to see if this will lead to him upping his offensive production.

Frank got his highest min total with 22mins and Knicks got their first win. Fans want to see if this trend will continue with him getting more PT. Pretty cut and dry, all else is noise for us to entertain ourselves with.

Mitch Robinson who also brings it defensively gets tons of love and patience as well. He isn't as polarizing because there aren't many who are going to criticize him for his flaws. If so, there would be debates and threads non stop on the topic.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/30/2019  3:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

So the issue really is the fans reaction, not really frank.
We need an elite PG. Add that to the list. Why hadn't anyone else thought of this?

Elite SG
Elite C
Elite SF
Elite PF

Elite President, Elite GM, and Elite coach. Add them too.
Phil was Elite. Larry Brown Elite. Wilkins Elite. Chaney was former COY. Melo was elite. Woodson was not elite. But he had the best season in the last like 18 years. You want elite but elite don't always carry over. CP3 WAS elite. You want guys from elite tree's. You got Fiz, but had a problem in Memphis and bad first year. Since your the rainman and indelible first impressions are your thing, you see him as tainted. You want the ideal of elite. We all do. Some are just more grounded the reality of the situation.

What is the path to an elite PG by the way? Typing it?

knicks1248
10/30/2019  3:19 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

He has outperformed Smith who is currently out. He fills a need with guards like Murray, Irving, Walker all going off on the Knicks leading to our 0-3 start. Fans want to see him get consistent mins to see if this will lead to him upping his offensive production.

Frank got his highest min total with 22mins and Knicks got their first win. Fans want to see if this trend will continue with him getting more PT. Pretty cut and dry, all else is noise for us to entertain ourselves with.

Mitch Robinson who also brings it defensively gets tons of love and patience as well. He isn't as polarizing because there aren't many who are going to criticize him for his flaws. If so, there would be debates and threads non stop on the topic.

So you're basically saying that FIZ and his coaching staff are idiots (and don't know what the hell they're doing) for benching Frank over DSJ and Payton..

Which means that frank out perform them in training camp, but was regulated to the bench

Do you really think that frank has been our best guard, or at least better then the other 2 options, and Fizdale benched him because he doesn't like him. Do you feel that frank never got a fair shot.

Franks going to get some minutes over the next few games and i want you to count how many fast breaks he initiates, how many FT's he takes, and how many times he penetrates.

ES
newyorknewyork
10/30/2019  3:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

So you're basically saying that FIZ and his coaching staff are idiots (and don't know what the hell they're doing) for benching Frank over DSJ and Payton..

Which means that frank out perform them in training camp, but was regulated to the bench

Do you really think that frank has been our best guard, or at least better then the other 2 options, and Fizdale benched him because he doesn't like him. Do you feel that frank never got a fair shot.

Franks going to get some minutes over the next few games and i want you to count how many fast breaks he initiates, how many FT's he takes, and how many times he penetrates.

I can't claim them to be idiots because I'm not arrogant enough to act like I have as much information as they have when they make their decisions. But when the games were played. Smith was clearly struggling with his game. We saw PGs get easy layups on him routinely.

If Smith and was playing well and we were winning games nobody is talking about Frank right now. Other than maybe Vmart. But we are because Smith struggled and Gs were having their way with us.

Payton was terrible in preseason leaving the door open for who should start. Since the only thing that stood out in preseason from the PGs was Frank's defense on Young. But Payton's game vs the Spurs when he came in was impactful on both sides of the ball. So he has taken the starting job by having the best overall game so far this season at the position.

The standards are pretty low, but this is what we have.

The things you stated aren't his game. Would be like me expecting Smith Jr or Payton to play defense at the level of Frank. Or expecting Mitch Robinson to have a back to basket game. The videos in the thread highlight Frank's game. Getting the ball to open bigs off the trap and PNR instead of his own drive attempts for fouls. Getting the ball up the court with a pass to his teammate who is ahead of him instead of leading the fast break himself.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/30/2019  4:10 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

I think this love he gets is important as it shows other players at the same time that Knicks aren't looking to just tear everyone down. That they can also shower players with love even if they aren't dropping 20 a night.

Don't like that Smith got booed and that was wrong. But the precedent for Knick fans are being set to what they want. Give Max effort on defense, be a constant pro and team player. If you do those things they will cheer and love you even if you shoot 0-6.

Even Smith honestly got booed because Young, Murray, Walker were both lighting him up. Now if he was balling too they probably let some of that slide. But to perform as bad was he was offensively only to get cooked while on defense is most likely why the chant for Frank and boo birds started singing.

Let me first say i agree re Smith and we shouldn't have booed. It's the fans' right to boo poor, selfish or unprofessional play. Having said that, the wiser course IMO is to show more class for a young player in particular

But i think the booing was deeper than poor D. He was quoted in the paper for crying about only getting 4 shots the prior game (where he went 0-4). Then when he gets the ball he backs it out for a 3 (not his strength and bricks it). That fueled boos. Now if he hit that different story

I hope the time off helps him; Perhaps he also needs to be checked for depression.

(5)(5)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2019  4:36 PM
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

Let me first say i agree re Smith and we shouldn't have booed. It's the fans' right to boo poor, selfish or unprofessional play. Having said that, the wiser course IMO is to show more class for a young player in particular

But i think the booing was deeper than poor D. He was quoted in the paper for crying about only getting 4 shots the prior game (where he went 0-4). Then when he gets the ball he backs it out for a 3 (not his strength and bricks it). That fueled boos. Now if he hit that different story

I hope the time off helps him; Perhaps he also needs to be checked for depression.

remember a time in basketball when the smart play was if your shot isnt falling you attack the rim? Remember that? Some of the shots I see him hoist tell me he simply doesnt understand the game. Hope I totally wrong but the highest upside I have seen for Smith is good bench scorer. Man he's athletic as hell and if we can get him right he has such potential but I think there is a brain problem
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/30/2019  4:42 PM
Well, sometimes it helps to be last Man standing. Luck is the intersection of opportunities and preparation. Frank has been preparing all summer and the results showed in FIBA. Hopefully he takes advantage of this opportunity. Allen too. Dot is also an effective player in PnR. One thing about Payton. I actually like him and thought he should start before the season started. But the dude is injury prone.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
10/31/2019  8:38 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

I can't claim them to be idiots because I'm not arrogant enough to act like I have as much information as they have when they make their decisions. But when the games were played. Smith was clearly struggling with his game. We saw PGs get easy layups on him routinely.

If Smith and was playing well and we were winning games nobody is talking about Frank right now. Other than maybe Vmart. But we are because Smith struggled and Gs were having their way with us.

Payton was terrible in preseason leaving the door open for who should start. Since the only thing that stood out in preseason from the PGs was Frank's defense on Young. But Payton's game vs the Spurs when he came in was impactful on both sides of the ball. So he has taken the starting job by having the best overall game so far this season at the position.

The things you stated aren't his game. Would be like me expecting Smith Jr or Payton to play defense at the level of Frank. Or expecting Mitch Robinson to have a back to basket game. The videos in the thread highlight Frank's game. Getting the ball to open bigs off the trap and PNR instead of his own drive attempts for fouls. Getting the ball up the court with a pass to his teammate who is ahead of him instead of leading the fast break himself.

In 29 minutes, no fast breaks, no layups, 8 wide open jump shots 3-8, no free throws.

Cmon on now... 83 points

ES
StarksEwing1

10/31/2019  8:44 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

In 29 minutes, no fast breaks, no layups, 8 wide open jump shots 3-8, no free throws.

Cmon on now... 83 points

Rainman if you watched the game you would realize that the bench was very good. Frank and Dotson may have not provided those "fast breaks" you are so obsessed about but they got us the lead with some good shots, good decense, and good passing and made a comeback when the Starters laid an egg in the 3rd.
newyorknewyork
10/31/2019  9:26 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

Cmon on now... 83 points

Knicks shot 7-31 from 3 missing a ton of open 3 threes as a team. Magic missed a lot early then got hot at the right time and got all the loose ball late.

Frank didn’t have any layups or fts. I also can’t remember any of the Magic pgs getting layups or breaking down our defense leading to open shots for their teammates, or leading fast breaks, or getting to the line applying pressure on the Knicks. Haven seen much of that in his 51mins so far this season.

Would have preferred during that late stretch Fiz put the ball in Franks hands over having him stand in the corner letting Morris run the show. To see if he can offer some FIBA Frank or at least maybe work the pick.

Chandler

10/31/2019  11:12 AM
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

remember a time in basketball when the smart play was if your shot isnt falling you attack the rim? Remember that? Some of the shots I see him hoist tell me he simply doesnt understand the game. Hope I totally wrong but the highest upside I have seen for Smith is good bench scorer. Man he's athletic as hell and if we can get him right he has such potential but I think there is a brain problem

The good ol days!! (bold)

Total speculation but i wonder if Fizz is pressing him to shoot the 3, the way he presses Frank to shoot and attack. That's a great philosophy when it works; but when it messes up the player...

I saw DSJ's upside a bit last year in the few Dallas games I watched. He was very fluid, and many plays looked effortless. These plays were interrupted by some ugliness but one could reasonably envision that, with dedication on his part, those would iron out (much like Knox now says he's not taking the bad shots he did last year)

I didn't like the trade because of the Dallas rumblings, which have seem to resurface here. Having said that, he's now in a Knicks uniform and I'm rooting for him

(5)(5)
Chandler

10/31/2019  11:15 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

Cmon on now... 83 points

Knicks shot 7-31 from 3 missing a ton of open 3 threes as a team. Magic missed a lot early then got hot at the right time and got all the loose ball late.

Frank didn’t have any layups or fts. I also can’t remember any of the Magic pgs getting layups or breaking down our defense leading to open shots for their teammates, or leading fast breaks, or getting to the line applying pressure on the Knicks. Haven seen much of that in his 51mins so far this season.

Would have preferred during that late stretch Fiz put the ball in Franks hands over having him stand in the corner letting Morris run the show. To see if he can offer some FIBA Frank or at least maybe work the pick.

Agreed. At present, that's just telling Magic they can have 5 to defend our 4. Was very puzzling

(5)(5)
knicks1248
10/31/2019  11:17 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

All emotion, no facts.

Cmon on now... 83 points

Your not going to get FIBA FRANK because you he doesn't have the same FIBA teammates defending, or the same system where guys cut and move without the ball. In Fiz system, frank brings the ball up. and disappears for the rest of the possession.

I thought Fiz said he was stealing some plays from FIBA for frank..

ES
Frank offense breakdown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy