10/29/2019  2:47 PM
starts here: https://twitter.com/DallasAmico_/status/1189238768080957441

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/29/2019  2:52 PM
Good Post and great analysis by Basketball robot. Yes didn't score BUT When you really watch the game closely and break it down he did positive things on the offensive side, the ball just didn't go in. he is probably never gonna be a big scorer but I liked those drives to the hoops and I think those will start to go down.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/29/2019  3:05 PM
(3) they haven't had a pg make them run it

This burns me up so damn often..especially when it comes to frank...(this is actually the part of his game i hate)

you play good D, You forced a TO, or a missed shot, and then walk the ball up court, so not only are your not creating easy shots for your teammates, you doing your own self an injustice.

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/29/2019  3:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2019  3:44 PM
When watching the game even when he was missing shots the offensive action seemed to stay constant to me. The feel wasn't that of him being a liability this one. This thread backs up my feelings during the game.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/29/2019  3:41 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:When watching the game even when he was missing shots the offensive action seemed to stat constant to me. The feel wasn't that of him being a liability this one. This thread backs up my feelings during the game.
Agreed
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/29/2019  3:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2019  3:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:(3) they haven't had a pg make them run it

This burns me up so damn often..especially when it comes to frank...(this is actually the part of his game i hate)

you play good D, You forced a TO, or a missed shot, and then walk the ball up court, so not only are your not creating easy shots for your teammates, you doing your own self an injustice.

They were talking about run the PNR not a fast break. And in the videos their are multiple examples shown of him getting the ball up the court, not taking the ball coast to coast hisself but passing it to the teammate thats up the court already. Which one of the videos highlighted how it lead to a Knox-Kornet mismatch.

But I do know what you mean. Frank isn't an attacking guard, that just not his game. Hopefully Smith can get right and be that or Knicks will need to find one. Preferably one that can score on all 3 levels.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/29/2019  3:46 PM
Thanks, Martin! good post

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Frank. On top of that, i feel he has been very professional and poised in the way he has held himself. Seems to be a great teammate.

(And for the crowd that thinks rooting for Frank is a shot at the current FO or CS or DSJ; it's not)

(5)(5)
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/29/2019  3:56 PM
When you have an 800lbs gorilla on your back ready to pull out the game with every little mistake made a player tends to play everything safe. That is what Frank did play it safe. With more time he will take more chances but Fizdale has to have the confidence in him to allow for mistakes here and there.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/29/2019  4:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2019  4:15 PM
Vmart wrote:When you have an 800lbs gorilla on your back ready to pull out the game with every little mistake made a player tends to play everything safe. That is what Frank did play it safe. With more time he will take more chances but Fizdale has to have the confidence in him to allow for mistakes here and there.
Fizdale does not have confidence in Frank not dribble the ball off his foot, because Frank hasnt really shown he can do those things consistently. Until you do someone else is going to get a chance. You think Frank is a delicate flower unable to bloom under the shadow of Fizdale and other catastrophic unfairness. I think Frank is a basketball player who needs to play better basketball.

But hey... lots of players turn corners. It will be nice to see if this is Frank's turning point and all the hard work and dedication the Knicks have poured into Frank the last few years wont be wasted. If Frank breaks out it will be a great success story for this young head coaching staff

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
USA
10/29/2019  4:34 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:When you have an 800lbs gorilla on your back ready to pull out the game with every little mistake made a player tends to play everything safe. That is what Frank did play it safe. With more time he will take more chances but Fizdale has to have the confidence in him to allow for mistakes here and there.
Fizdale does not have confidence in Frank not dribble the ball off his foot, because Frank hasnt really shown he can do those things consistently. Until you do someone else is going to get a chance. You think Frank is a delicate flower unable to bloom under the shadow of Fizdale and other catastrophic unfairness. I think Frank is a basketball player who needs to play better basketball.

But hey... lots of players turn corners. It will be nice to see if this is Frank's turning point and all the hard work and dedication the Knicks have poured into Frank the last few years wont be wasted. If Frank breaks out it will be a great success story for this young head coaching staff

When you were at the game towards the end were you screaming for someone to get the ball out of Randle’s hands. That dude has some talent but he is a turnover machine. You like him so you’re good with his turnovers. It doesn’t matter if he plays defense like leaky sieve.

Back to Frank what Martin so kindly posted for us Frank fans to enjoy is how advanced Frank’s game is how he does the little things to make an impact on the offensive side of the ball. But secretly hateful eyes won’t see the good all for what scoring.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/29/2019  4:40 PM

Fiz will pull anyone out the game not name Barret.

If he want you to push the pace and your not doing it, he is not going to leave you in, if you making more bad plays then good, he will yank you, that's the unfortunate part of this roster.

Listen MDA once said that the only reason he let LIN play through his mountain of TO's and bad defense was because he had nobody else to turn to.

ES
fishmike
USA
10/29/2019  4:48 PM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:

When you were at the game towards the end were you screaming for someone to get the ball out of Randle’s hands. That dude has some talent but he is a turnover machine. You like him so you’re good with his turnovers. It doesn’t matter if he plays defense like leaky sieve.

Back to Frank what Martin so kindly posted for us Frank fans to enjoy is how advanced Frank’s game is how he does the little things to make an impact on the offensive side of the ball. But secretly hateful eyes won’t see the good all for what scoring.

You dont see that Randle is a TO machine because our PG play is so bad. That's Fizdale's fault also? I love how you fabricate an opinion for me, than base your argument on that opinion. Im "OK" with Randle's bad defense and TOs. Are you now spinning that I dont like Frank? Awww... poor Vmart, someone mentioned Frank's lousy play and didnt blame Fizdale for it. LOL.. you are funny.

You still miss Phil and think he was good... but yes, its my "secretly hateful eyes" that cant see the good in Frank (hateful eye)

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/29/2019  4:53 PM
he mighta had some open looks if julius ever looked to kick out from the quadruple teams
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/29/2019  4:54 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:

You dont see that Randle is a TO machine because our PG play is so bad. That's Fizdale's fault also? I love how you fabricate an opinion for me, than base your argument on that opinion. Im "OK" with Randle's bad defense and TOs. Are you now spinning that I dont like Frank? Awww... poor Vmart, someone mentioned Frank's lousy play and didnt blame Fizdale for it. LOL.. you are funny.

You still miss Phil and think he was good... but yes, its my "secretly hateful eyes" that cant see the good in Frank (hateful eye)

No, Randle is a TO machine because he's displayed poor IQ at times. I'm sure Payton, DSJ and Frank aren't telling Randle to dribble into double teams and lose the ball making crazy spin moves. I should add that I expect this to lessen as he gets more comfortable.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
USA
10/29/2019  5:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:

No, Randle is a TO machine because he's displayed poor IQ at times. I'm sure Payton, DSJ and Frank aren't telling Randle to dribble into double teams and lose the ball making crazy spin moves. I should add that I expect this to lessen as he gets more comfortable.

No, he's doing that because with no PG to set up players that is the offense. Its not happening with ball movement. Its not happening with dribble penetration with the exception of RJ (likely the reason he gets played at PG). So when Frank/Elf/DSjr are done dribbling around for awhile what next? You dump it to a big who does the best he can. That is why you see these painful iso possessions from Morris and Randle and Portis because thats what they go to work with. Bulls had the exact same problem last night.

Lots of things will improve, not just PG play, but that is the easiest fix. Simple reps. Guys getting used to cutters and simply playing together will help. Randle has never averaged this level of TOs. He's prone as most bigs who put the ball on the floor are, but Randle's inflated TOs are 100% a result of our poor guard play.

BigDaddyG

10/29/2019  5:16 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:

No, he's doing that because with no PG to set up players that is the offense. Its not happening with ball movement. Its not happening with dribble penetration with the exception of RJ (likely the reason he gets played at PG). So when Frank/Elf/DSjr are done dribbling around for awhile what next? You dump it to a big who does the best he can. That is why you see these painful iso possessions from Morris and Randle and Portis because thats what they go to work with. Bulls had the exact same problem last night.

Lots of things will improve, not just PG play, but that is the easiest fix. Simple reps. Guys getting used to cutters and simply playing together will help. Randle has never averaged this level of TOs. He's prone as most bigs who put the ball on the floor are, but Randle's inflated TOs are 100% a result of our poor guard play.

I dunno, the out of control drives and mental lapses have been his MO according to Pelican and Lakers fans. RJ is a rookie and you still don't see him making the same bonehead plays Randle is making. I'm still high on Randle and I think he is probably being a bit miscast. I'm hoping to see him pick it up by the 10 game mark.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vmart
USA
10/29/2019  5:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2019  5:17 PM
It has nothing to do with a PG setting anyone up. It has to do with a coach’s LeBron wet dream.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/29/2019  5:19 PM
Very good points on this. Seems like Fiz' advice to him -- keep progressing -- is the right response.
This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG

10/29/2019  5:37 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Very good points on this. Seems like Fiz' advice to him -- keep progressing -- is the right response.

Yeah, I still like the idea with Fiz using Randle as a point forward in spot minutes. But it clearly isn't a strength of his right. We need to get him downhill, rolling to the rim and finishing. That is where he Payton had their best success in New Orleans from what I've read.

fishmike
USA
10/29/2019  5:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I dunno, the out of control drives and mental lapses have been his MO according to Pelican and Lakers fans. RJ is a rookie and you still don't see him making the same bonehead plays Randle is making. I'm still high on Randle and I think he is probably being a bit miscast. I'm hoping to see him pick it up by the 10 game mark.
I would say this... watch when those drives occur. If they are early in the shot clock Im with you 100%, its a low IQ play. If Randle is getting the ball with 8-10 seconds in the clock after its been dribbled around to no avail he's got limited time and limited options and that means he's going to attack because thats why he has the ball... to make something happen. Problem is its Julius Randle and not Kevin Durant or even Melo for that matter. If he grows into that kind of player *maybe* these are the growing pains, but he's not there now. We are better! And Im not looking to trash our roster like some. Its a work in progress but poor guard play is more than just low assists or low scoring it the ball movement. The good part is even if Frank/DSjr/Elf arent anything but stop gaps they WILL get better and this will improve. I think we all agree the trio are going to shoot better than the whatever dismal rating the have now will. Im looking forward to the progress! I can live with the growing pains. Randle is being asked to do too much and its showing. Ideally the whole TEAM grows together. They have some good parts
Frank offense breakdown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy