[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dennis Smith Jr. vs Frank Ntilikina | The Debate gets Hot!
Author Thread
NBK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8667

10/29/2019  11:46 PM
This could very well be the case. We need to be patient with him in that aspect! I really hope he and his family is ok.

GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Remember when DRose was here and he had a rough year because of trouble at home. It has a big effect. It may take months for DSjr to re-focus on the game.
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/30/2019  8:35 AM
NBK wrote:This could very well be the case. We need to be patient with him in that aspect! I really hope he and his family is ok.

GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Remember when DRose was here and he had a rough year because of trouble at home. It has a big effect. It may take months for DSjr to re-focus on the game.

Rose was actually having a decent year. The team was hovering around .500. Before he went AWOL. It’s no know surprise that DSJ didn’t like it when Payton was thrown into the mix. His agent showed great displeasure in that move.

The Knicks need to find out if he is hurt sometimes players want to play through injuries because job of security. Any ways you look at it something isn’t right with DSJ.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2019  8:53 AM
Vmart wrote:
NBK wrote:This could very well be the case. We need to be patient with him in that aspect! I really hope he and his family is ok.

Rose was actually having a decent year. The team was hovering around .500. Before he went AWOL. It’s no know surprise that DSJ didn’t like it when Payton was thrown into the mix. His agent showed great displeasure in that move.

The Knicks need to find out if he is hurt sometimes players want to play through injuries because job of security. Any ways you look at it something isn’t right with DSJ.

you have any sources for the bold or you just working with your feelings and reality?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/30/2019  8:59 AM
its logical Knicks bring in Payton on that contract. Frank and DSj do the job Payton is gone at the end of the year.
Have to have one PG that has some NBA consistency. Both of them got extended and thus they have two year guarantee vs. Paytons one and then team option. Barret is eating Triers minutes and likely keeping Dotson on the bench. Barrett has been a qualified success early on. His poise physical strength at 19 is remarkable.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
10/30/2019  9:18 AM
Prayers to Smith & Bullock families.

As for DSJr & Frank.. it seems they have been tied together since their nba careers started.
Only solution I see is play them together off the bench with a shooter like Ellington.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/30/2019  10:04 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

you have any sources for the bold or you just working with your feelings and reality?

They said it during the telecast.

Nalod
USA
10/30/2019  10:32 AM
DSjr has to outplay Payton. That was the expectation. Payton was insurance. Fiba Frank might evolving but its not substantial.
It all gets sorted out on the court. Not the court of public opinion.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/30/2019  11:31 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/30/2019  1:48 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

"May not have been happy" sounds like conjecture to me....With that being said, most prideful athletes get upset when the franchise brings in a player at their positions. Favre was pissed at Green Bay when they drafted Rogers. There were reports that Brady wasn't happy with Garoppolo. I would be upset if Dennis and or Frank were content with Payton coming in to steal minutes.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/30/2019  2:34 PM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

"May not have been happy" sounds like conjecture to me....With that being said, most prideful athletes get upset when the franchise brings in a player at their positions. Favre was pissed at Green Bay when they drafted Rogers. There were reports that Brady wasn't happy with Garoppolo. I would be upset if Dennis and or Frank were content with Payton coming in to steal minutes.

Payton wasn't brought in as an upgrade to Dennis Smith. He was a player they signed for depth and insurance. On a good team, he's probably a high-caliber backup. That starting job should be Dennis Smith's to own. Family tragedy aside, if he gets outplayed and isn't comfortable with any type of competition on the roster, than he has no one to blame but himself. I will always have concerns with how his game fits alongside Barrett, but if he's good enough, it shouldn't matter.

Nalod
USA
10/30/2019  3:22 PM
Dennis was hailed as a great pick in Dallas. Had back issues. Not so great Rookie campaign.
They trade to get pick for Luca. It was obvious it would not be compatible. Dennis is not a bad kid BTW.
His dream is getting crushed. Trade to NYC and we had hoped his summer healthy, lost weight that he'd be cruising in to the job. Payton was insurance if Frank don't Fiba'tize or there is injury. Payton is not a rock solid 82 game performer nor is he paid like one. At the same time Perry gets one of his guys back and see if he can build on what they started in Orlando. Im ok with it. In fact, I like the trio having to fight it out. If they all play well no injury one is a good trade asset. All have reasonable contracts!
SG same thing.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2019  3:24 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Payton wasn't brought in as an upgrade to Dennis Smith. He was a player they signed for depth and insurance. On a good team, he's probably a high-caliber backup. That starting job should be Dennis Smith's to own. Family tragedy aside, if he gets outplayed and isn't comfortable with any type of competition on the roster, than he has no one to blame but himself. I will always have concerns with how his game fits alongside Barrett, but if he's good enough, it shouldn't matter.

Its the most important position role. We had so little experience there with Frank/DSjr/Kadeem. Elf is a 1+1 MLE caliber signing. A depth guy
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/30/2019  3:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2019  3:56 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Soounds like Dallas 2.0 where he was unhappy one of his teammates may have been more talented and prized than he was.

No one should be surprised

Likewise we should be mindful that he's so young a little immaturity shouldn't be a shocker.

Having said that, he needs to grow up. (And being totally sincere he may need to get checked for depression; one symptom of depression is extreme difficult with adversity)

He's a Knick now so I will be rooting for him

(5)(5)
Dennis Smith Jr. vs Frank Ntilikina | The Debate gets Hot!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy