[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Preseason over. Whats your starting 5 n Rotation?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/23/2019  10:43 AM
Lin and Jimmer are near misses in the NBA. They are better than some but prospects and money matter. Lin has NBA talent. He just gets hurt.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/29/2019  11:46 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Trying to make the pieces fit and form and identity. Things will look sloppy if certain combinations are together.

I don't think a starting lineup of Smith or Payton, Barrett, Morris, Randle, Robinson works well enough together to be a starting lineup. As it will be tough to create an identity with those different styles and skills. Nothing will get accomplished.

So 2 lineups should be formed:
Portis, Randle, Morris, Barrett, Frank. Work heavy PNR with Barrett & Randle as the features to create for others or themselves. Dependent on Frank knocking down the 3 to be 3&D alternate ball handler. Barrett would be primary ball handler.

Robinson, Knox, Ellington, Trier, Smith. Smaller lineup more focused on space and pace. If we are getting smashed on the boards or in the paint Gibson can come in with Knox moving over to SF. Would slow down the pace somewhat, but would counter the size if a problem.

Randle as roll/dive man, Portis for spacing, Frank for defense, Barrett as point-forward. They don't have to start but should continue to get mins together with these roles in mind.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/30/2019  8:32 AM
Career game for Portis or he just find his inner RashWeed Wallace?
The new faces and balance of contracts makes for a lot of moving parts to figure out. Fiz has quite the task to solve this puzzle.
Randle passing out of doubles was key to Portis game. Throw Knox there and he nails those shots in his sleep.
Space is the place!
In the other corner all alone was Frank. That ball not going to him in crunch time. But give him ball and he goes to the rim he has to be respected. The short pull up is his best shot.
Anyway kudo’s on the nice comeback and on to Orlando.
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/30/2019  1:52 PM
The starting lineup of Payton, Barrett, Morris, Randle, and Robinson is what i assume they will continue with when healthy. But i would like to see a lot of Barrett shifting to the SF and Ellington as the 2. It allows for a slightly faster, better shooting lineup with less isolation and ball stopping. It's not a slight at Morris, but i think Randle and Morris overlap in some areas.
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

10/30/2019  11:14 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Almost everyone in this thread has Randle AND Morris starting. You may change your tune very soon.

The best ball movement we saw this preseason is the last game when Morris sat out. This is because Morris is like Melo lite. Believes he can score on most people and the one on one slows down the speed at which Fiz would like to see the team play. Can you picture Morris running up and down the court? I don’t see it.

Randle also plays one on one a lot but he makes his moves faster than Morris. Randle’s passing is atrocious out of the post and he has a lot to improve on there. But at least with the ability to bring up the ball and run on a fast break makes him more valuable in the starting lineup. Also isn’t he the only new player with the longest deal?

In my opinion, Knox needs to start alongside Randle for a better fit at speed, ball movement, etc.

If Frank can run with the ball as fast as the other two PGs, I’d prefer him starting because at least his defense can lead to fast breaks. Also...how much setting up in the half court are the other 2 PGs really doing...and their shooting hasn’t been better... so if Frank can push the pace, give him the keys otherwise DSJr.

RJ is a no brainer, so is Randle. I personally prefer Portis starting over Mitch to start season. Mitch showing signs of regression and will need a few games to get back to his old self. Meanwhile Portis brings the outside shooting that may be lacking in half court sets with Mitch.

So Frank/DSJr, RJ, Knox, Randle, Portis would be my starting lineup. This lineup also provides switching flexibility on defense.

Bump
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Preseason over. Whats your starting 5 n Rotation?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy