[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Be Cool......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2019  2:55 PM
Naturally Durants comments won't sit well with Knick fans but the message was clear. He wanted to impose his will on a group of young players and I agree Nets having just made playoffs are further along. If KP was healthy and not a wuss, Knicks say won 35 games, and we could have gotten another player might that have changed his perception? Maybe.
Does the knicks making finals years ago really matter? Nets have not been "cool" for a long time.
Media I think is blowing this out of proportion and its not "problematic" going forward. Prove it? I just said nets not cool since Jason kidd took them to the finals.

What he is not saying is perhaps Joe Tsai the founder of Alibaba can offer him entry to China like no other owner. Im not accusing him of any inappropriate benefits. Not my place. If you don't know what Alibaba is, its the Chinese Amazon/Ebay hybrid. It dominates Chinese E-commerce. Nets are owned by a Joe Tsai who is a Chinese national.

Think the Rockets gaffe by Morey opens the door for the Nets to slide in as popular substitute? Kyrie is a star, and Durant an even bigger one next year. We'll see. Joe Tsai no doubt plans to promote back home as part of his long range plan. Im sure the Chinese gov't can't thank Morey enough for providing an opportunity for its native son.

Please don't hate on the nets because of Joe Tsai because he is a Chinese national. Hate them for the old reasons! LOL

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/8/2019  3:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2019  3:17 PM
So can I just hate on Durant because he sounds like an incoherent idiot? The Barklay's is "cool"? He needed to "impose his will"?
He gave the Knicks a "thought"? How nice. Maybe he should try thinking a bit more before talking. Outside a practice facility somewhere, Draymond is laughing...

Sure hope for the Nets he's training smarter than he interviews.

Doesn't matter who owns them. They remain just another one of the annoying little franchis-ETS, until some meaningful history is built up.

Nalod
USA
10/8/2019  3:20 PM
jrodmc wrote:So can I just hate on Durant because he sounds like an incoherent idiot? The Barklay's is "cool"? He needed to "impose his will"?
He gave the Knicks a "thought"? How nice. Maybe he should try thinking a bit more before talking. Outside a practice facility somewhere, Draymond is laughing...

Doesn't matter who owns them. They remain just another one of the annoying little franchis-ETS, until some meaningful history is built up.

Any thoughts if Melo joins them?

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/8/2019  4:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2019  4:26 PM
The knicks aren't a cool team, how can you disagree with anything he is saying.

We can't even keep our own draft picks, and we have a 20 yr old as our longest tenured player (2 yrs).Every other yr is the start of a rebuild

Our owner walks around the arena Banning fans who say "sell the team", banning media members for continuing to expose the BS moves and wheel spinning, goes on television and completely plays himself and lies to fans by announcing big moves are coming, a front office who are anything but transparent and media friendly

If this was the NETS or any other team, you would be laughing at them and talking about how dysfunctional they are.

Put out a winning product, develop a player into a star and you will get some respect, along with a host of other perks like TOP FA and favorable trades.

We need to over achieve like the SF 49ers are doing, then you can go all RICHARD SHERMAN on them..

ES
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

10/8/2019  4:49 PM
Well anyone who roots for a team because they are "cool" can go jump in the Gowanus Canal, a one time toxic puddle now surrounded by bourgeois hipsters sucking down overpriced potables and barbecue until they barf. Who consider themselves cool. And Durant can definitely jump in too if his ruptured Achilles allows him.
fwk00
Member: #6048

10/8/2019  4:54 PM
Durant used to be cool, too.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/8/2019  4:57 PM
Knicks play the Nets at the Barclays OCT 25th, 5th game in. Odds are high Knicks fans to show out.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/8/2019  4:59 PM
well it's a big wide round world (unless kyrie is right) and that means there's room for all sorts of different viewpoints.

i can tell you that i had a blast watching our knicks last night. i love a team of promising kids mixed with engaged vets. plus dying to see what dennis, bobby p, dot and iggybraz add to the mix. add in all our upcoming first-rounders and 2 of dallas' and that's sweeter yet.

my response to mr. durant would be thank goodness we don't have your old ruptured ass on our books and that spared us your toxic sidekick as well.

carry on.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/8/2019  6:04 PM
Durant was booed at Citi Field the night they announced he signed with the Nets. He already was loathed by most fans in the city he plays in. He will learn soon enough when he is booed and n his own arena whenever the Nets play the Knicks.
Also, I agree with everything Marv said. I already love this team and how they are playing. No divas. Spend a minute with any Celtic fan and you woukd never want Kyrie in the orange and blue. Imagine an entire fan base wanting rid of a 26 year old future hof.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
10/8/2019  6:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2019  6:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:The knicks aren't a cool team, how can you disagree with anything he is saying.

We can't even keep our own draft picks, and we have a 20 yr old as our longest tenured player (2 yrs).Every other yr is the start of a rebuild

Our owner walks around the arena Banning fans who say "sell the team", banning media members for continuing to expose the BS moves and wheel spinning, goes on television and completely plays himself and lies to fans by announcing big moves are coming, a front office who are anything but transparent and media friendly

If this was the NETS or any other team, you would be laughing at them and talking about how dysfunctional they are.

Put out a winning product, develop a player into a star and you will get some respect, along with a host of other perks like TOP FA and favorable trades.

We need to over achieve like the SF 49ers are doing, then you can go all RICHARD SHERMAN on them..

Dolan owned the team when it was last cool.
Your post. Not demonstrative of any cool.
Dolan is so uncool, he might be. Cool that is.
Dolan is rich and has his own band. Band is really good. He sucks. But he don't think so. That's cool!
Fans that tell an owner to sell his team. Not cool. Who does that and thinks they are cool? Bring your girl and then hold up a sign?
Dolan should throw that dude out, invite the girl for a night out. "you gonna get in the limo or what?
Owning a team is cool. Owning MSG is cool. Highest NBA team valuation. Cool. Throwing out dudes is bad ass.
Saying we need to win, make stars and trades is whining. Obvious redundant Rainman Not cool.
Not worrying about winning while drafting young players. Cool Panicking and starphuching. Not.

The knicks aren't a cool team, how can you disagree with anything he is saying.

The rainman has determined the Knicks are not "cool".
Got my list:

1. Danny Whalen orange warmup. Cool. If you don't know what Im talking about, this confirms the lack of your chill.
2. Nets have not been cool since the ABA.
3. Kenny Atkinson is a good coach. Better than Fiz I'd say. But who you rather hang with? Fiz opens his mouth, he is Cool.
4. Nets last two owners? Russian Oligarch thief and current a likely bribing Commie suck up. Dolan makes money the old fashion way. He inherits it.
5. Fly Williams, Nathanial Hawthorn Wingo, LJ, Ewing, Derek Harper, and the X-MAN!! Never forget Neal Walk!
6. Oak Cool? Slapping a guy who owned him money? Might be. Willis? 1970 game 7? We'll get to that in a bit. Willis beat up the Lakers. Broke two guys's jaws!!!! I mean a juggernut type beatdown.

7. Earl The Pearl. Black Jesus. Find an old clip. Earl was not just cool, he was music. He was funk and jazz. He was Miles Davis and Bootsy Collins. Earl Cool is so cool he is still cool, so don't tell me Knicks not cool!
8. MSG. Oldest NBA building. Pinwheel ceiling. Place just reeks cool You don't knock down cool, you renovate cool.
9. KP could not handle the cool. Bernard King embraced it.
10. Clyde.
Knicks might never have a winning season again but this man cool can never make the knicks Uncool!!
Game 7 1970. 37 pts 19 dimes. Dude so cool he don't get the MVP. He don't whine about it, he just do it.
Dude got the first sneaker. So cool, they still sell it.

So rainman1248 take your predictable redundant hindsight obviousness and be gone with you!
I don't blame Durant for his decision. I don't even mind you choosing sides against "The Family".
But that you can't find "Cool" with this franchise then its time you crossed the river and embrace the Nets. You might find what your looking for there.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/8/2019  8:05 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Knicks play the Nets at the Barclays OCT 25th, 5th game in. Odds are high Knicks fans to show out.

We need to buy up all the seats. Make the place look like the Garden

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
10/8/2019  8:21 PM
fwk00 wrote:Durant used to be cool, too.

100%

/PassTheBall
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/8/2019  8:29 PM
So KD wants to be a cool kid?!? When he joined the Warriors, he went against popular opinion, because he wanted to do what was best for him and be his own man (paraphrasing but that's pretty much what he said). Based on his twitter rants and burner accounts, he couldn't handle the aftermath of his decision. Now, he wants acceptance? He wants to fit in? Sounds like a cupcake move to me
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/8/2019  8:42 PM
Nalod wrote:Naturally Durants comments won't sit well with Knick fans but the message was clear. He wanted to impose his will on a group of young players and I agree Nets having just made playoffs are further along. If KP was healthy and not a wuss, Knicks say won 35 games, and we could have gotten another player might that have changed his perception? Maybe.
Does the knicks making finals years ago really matter? Nets have not been "cool" for a long time.
Media I think is blowing this out of proportion and its not "problematic" going forward. Prove it? I just said nets not cool since Jason kidd took them to the finals.

What he is not saying is perhaps Joe Tsai the founder of Alibaba can offer him entry to China like no other owner. Im not accusing him of any inappropriate benefits. Not my place. If you don't know what Alibaba is, its the Chinese Amazon/Ebay hybrid. It dominates Chinese E-commerce. Nets are owned by a Joe Tsai who is a Chinese national.

Think the Rockets gaffe by Morey opens the door for the Nets to slide in as popular substitute? Kyrie is a star, and Durant an even bigger one next year. We'll see. Joe Tsai no doubt plans to promote back home as part of his long range plan. Im sure the Chinese gov't can't thank Morey enough for providing an opportunity for its native son.

Please don't hate on the nets because of Joe Tsai because he is a Chinese national. Hate them for the old reasons! LOL

Nope!!!

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255631/Nets-Visit-To-Shaghai-School-Canceled-By-Chinese-Government

Oh yeah...Fluck the nets!!!!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/8/2019  8:48 PM
Uptown wrote:
Nalod wrote:Naturally Durants comments won't sit well with Knick fans but the message was clear. He wanted to impose his will on a group of young players and I agree Nets having just made playoffs are further along. If KP was healthy and not a wuss, Knicks say won 35 games, and we could have gotten another player might that have changed his perception? Maybe.

Nope!!!

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255631/Nets-Visit-To-Shaghai-School-Canceled-By-Chinese-Government

+1. Also, China is not broadcasting the Nets/Lakers games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/8/2019  11:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Nope!!!

+1. Also, China is not broadcasting the Nets/Lakers games.

This is not just one owner tweeted "offensive" stuff.
US and China are at very serious odds about things much more important that Basketball.
So it may not be cool for Chines national to be an NBA owner... Very uncomfortable.
Durant lost his integrity and choose the wrong path to restore it.
Cool for him is to walk the road of less resistances... This rarely end in cool place.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/9/2019  7:02 AM
Nets seem very insecure. They always say how the have overtaken the town yet the still constantly talk about the knicks like they have to prove something. Acting like the little brother still IMO
Nalod
USA
10/9/2019  7:06 AM
“The young guys don’t want to play here cuz its not cool”......
Don’t players want to play for money, in a particular City?, and create their legacy?

Anthony Davis had two locations he’d resign. New York or LA. Let’s be real, Nets made playoffs but a trade would move out players and leave them a bit dry. And, they are not “cool”. ITs about potential in a great city.
Kawhi went to Clippers. Nothing cool about them. They are the lowest tenant in the arena with an awful history. ITs about a future. The core of Durant saying “knicks are not very good and does not mutually fit a sensible timeline” is intellectually palatable.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/9/2019  8:24 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Nets seem very insecure. They always say how the have overtaken the town yet the still constantly talk about the knicks like they have to prove something. Acting like the little brother still IMO

The "Not cool" comment was posted on every media outlet, and talked about on every ESPN/FS1 sport show in the last 24 hrs, you want to know why..IT'S THE KNICKS AND NYC.

If he would have said the (wiz, suns, kings, nets, hornets )weren't cool, nobody would care.

Nobody cares about the NETS but some New yorkers, mostly ppl from brooklyn.

You can kind of laugh at KD's comments because the knicks are still the most popular franchise, and always will be.

But let's keep it a BUCK, we are nowhere near as cool as we use to be.

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/9/2019  8:31 AM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:So can I just hate on Durant because he sounds like an incoherent idiot? The Barklay's is "cool"? He needed to "impose his will"?

Any thoughts if Melo joins them?

We went down this rabbit hole in the other thread. Melo's too cool, LThomas is just right.
I'm not going to take the bait and go all redundant reinman on you.

Be Cool......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy