[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2019-20 Knick expectations and if you dare, PREDICTIONS........
Author Thread
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
10/1/2019  8:12 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
fwk00 wrote:My gut tells me 42 wins or more.

First, the Knicks are largely injury-proof. The depth of the roster affords the Knicks the luxury of both playing hard with pressure AND being relatively interchangeable when it comes to lineup composition. This needs some clarification though.

Randle, Porter, Dotson, RJ, Iggy, Ellington, Smith, Knox, and Bullock (once available) are all scorers requiring complementary players who don't need the ball. Peyton and Frankie define that role better than Trier and for that reason I think Trier will become trade bait. I'm not convinced his ISO-ball profile will complement this particular squad.

MR and Randle will be a force unto themselves this year. Morris and Gibson will quietly stabilize the bench.

One or both of RJ and Iggy will surprise.

Two of Dotson, Smith, Frankie, Peters, or Wooten will take their game to the next level.

By December or January, the rotation and bench will be stabilized and one or more of the redundant players on a one year deal will get dealt for a need or an upgrade. Teams who expected to compete and don't will be shedding big salary talent and teams looking to harden their rosters for the playoff run will be looking for vets. The Knicks are perfectly positioned to accommodate those scenarios.

I also think, assuming Fizdale is up to it, that the Knicks roster has the potential to really click in terms of chemistry and fit.

The Knicks will be 42-42. 7th seed first round exit and sweep.

Julius Randle will be that one constant and he will make the all star team. He will be really dang good.

RJ will get off to a rough start but will come around and start showing serious potential by game 20. He will hit a really nice rookie wall by game 55-60. By then, Knox will be much more consistent and impressive.

Mitch will be dealing with foul woes all season but when he’s on the court, he’ll be a double double machine with 2 blocks. 12 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks will be his averages by April.

PG situation? No f’ing clue. I want Frank to be great. I think DSJ should be a star. I think Elfrid will be a great pro and teammate. Otherwise, no f’ing clue. Not worth guessing.

Trier will average 18 points per game.

Iggy will get a LOT of bench time. Eventually, he’ll get off and play well.

F’ the Nets. They were off the list for quite awhile but they are now on the same list as the Red Sox, Eagles, Cowboys, Red Skins.

Well said - I agree with all the above except...
Think Trier will average less and may get traded...
RJ will show flashes but not come around until middle to end of season (shot inconsistent)
Knox will hopefully start off the bench and earn his minutes this year

AUTOADVERT
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
10/2/2019  7:07 AM
yay prediction time!

I think the knicks will win 31-35 games ( don't know if I am cheating a bit).

randle will lead the knicks in scoring with around 20ppg. barrett will develop into a number two scoring threat but he will have struggles in the middle of the year and turn it on in march/ april to earn rookie first team. knox will start the season on the bench behind morris but knox will be a better shooter and provide pop off the bench with trier. robinson will be a beast avg a double double with 12ppg and 10rppg and 2.5+ blocks. he will pace to be the leader in blocks in the nba. I think dsj will still struggle and payton will start before him eventually. if dsj reaches his potential, we should win at the upper end of my prediction or better.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/2/2019  11:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2019  11:51 AM
I am always optimistic.

I expect Randle to be very good.
I expect Robinson to improve.
I expect RJ to be decent.
I expect DSj to be better. I expect Payton will be good for NY.
I expect Frank to be better.
I expect Portis to be good.

I expect the team will defend better.
I expect that there will be depth and leadership as compared to last year.

I am hoping for 35-40 wins and an outside chance to get a 7 or 8 seed if all breaks well with the vets and leadership and youth improvement.

I think NY will surprise this year.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/2/2019  12:11 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:

First, the Knicks are largely injury-proof. The depth of the roster affords the Knicks the luxury of both playing hard with pressure AND being relatively interchangeable when it comes to lineup composition. This needs some clarification though.

Randle, Porter, Dotson, RJ, Iggy, Ellington, Smith, Knox, and Bullock (once available) are all scorers requiring complementary players who don't need the ball. Peyton and Frankie define that role better than Trier and for that reason I think Trier will become trade bait. I'm not convinced his ISO-ball profile will complement this particular squad.

MR and Randle will be a force unto themselves this year. Morris and Gibson will quietly stabilize the bench.

Two of Dotson, Smith, Frankie, Peters, or Wooten will take their game to the next level.

By December or January, the rotation and bench will be stabilized and one or more of the redundant players on a one year deal will get dealt for a need or an upgrade. Teams who expected to compete and don't will be shedding big salary talent and teams looking to harden their rosters for the playoff run will be looking for vets. The Knicks are perfectly positioned to accommodate those scenarios.

I also think, assuming Fizdale is up to it, that the Knicks roster has the potential to really click in terms of chemistry and fit.

Julius Randle will be that one constant and he will make the all star team. He will be really dang good.

RJ will get off to a rough start but will come around and start showing serious potential by game 20. He will hit a really nice rookie wall by game 55-60. By then, Knox will be much more consistent and impressive.

Mitch will be dealing with foul woes all season but when he’s on the court, he’ll be a double double machine with 2 blocks. 12 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks will be his averages by April.

PG situation? No f’ing clue. I want Frank to be great. I think DSJ should be a star. I think Elfrid will be a great pro and teammate. Otherwise, no f’ing clue. Not worth guessing.

F’ the Nets. They were off the list for quite awhile but they are now on the same list as the Red Sox, Eagles, Cowboys, Red Skins.

Why do you feel that way about the NETS other than they got everything going for them, Better Owner, coach, F/O, players..

I'm sure sure if the knick were betters in all the above area's, you would feel sorry for them..

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/2/2019  12:39 PM
Pelicans won 33 games last year and they had Randle, AD and Jrue

so based on that, and the fact that our team has so many new faces (and it takes time to gel) I'm resigned to 25 wins. It can get way ugly though if the coach loses the locker room or players start to in-fight

I am not expecting much for wins.

I would very much like to see team growth on passing, defense, and playing competitively the full 48 minutes. If we do that I will remove the brown paper bag from my head during games

(5)(5)
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/2/2019  1:13 PM
20-25 wins it’s an improvement from last year.
knicks1248
10/2/2019  1:40 PM
Vmart wrote:20-25 wins it’s an improvement from last year.

if we win 18 games that is considered an improvement by this F/O..it shows we are on the right path

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/2/2019  1:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Why do you feel that way about the NETS other than they got everything going for them, Better Owner, coach, F/O, players..

I'm sure sure if the knick were betters in all the above area's, you would feel sorry for them..

You sound like Bonn when I once claimed Jamal Crawford and Channing Frye were my favorite players. He was baffled I didn’t pick Marbury. Nerd. Lol

I hate them because I am a fan and I am allowed to and they are in Brooklyn (which I can’t stand Brooklyn anyway because it’s a pain in the absolute ass to drive through) and they made us look bad when we already looked bad. Not their fault but too bad. If you got a problem then Triple H has this for you....

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/2/2019  3:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

if we win 18 games that is considered an improvement by this F/O..it shows we are on the right path

knicks1248
10/2/2019  3:14 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

You sound like Bonn when I once claimed Jamal Crawford and Channing Frye were my favorite players. He was baffled I didn’t pick Marbury. Nerd. Lol

I hate them because I am a fan and I am allowed to and they are in Brooklyn (which I can’t stand Brooklyn anyway because it’s a pain in the absolute ass to drive through) and they made us look bad when we already looked bad. Not their fault but too bad. If you got a problem then Triple H has this for you....

Well at least your honest..

I'm actually from BKLYN, and I had no love for them when they first moved to bklyn, especially when they added KG and Paul Pierce.

I'm starting to warm up to them because I love their colors, i like the style they play and I like the direction they are going in, and the coach is pretty solid.

I'm a die hard knick fan, but I still check for other teams. Unlike you guys, i will be rooting for The MAVs a lot more, because I know this front office is total BS more than KP was a diva of some sort.

This franchise is like over 250 games under 500 since Mills join the F/O..and some of you were blaming players..smh

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/2/2019  3:54 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I’m actually going to visit Sadguru. He also says people don’t always happen the way you want them to.

Nalod
USA
10/2/2019  4:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

I'm actually from BKLYN, and I had no love for them when they first moved to bklyn, especially when they added KG and Paul Pierce.

I'm starting to warm up to them because I love their colors, i like the style they play and I like the direction they are going in, and the coach is pretty solid.

I'm a die hard knick fan, but I still check for other teams. Unlike you guys, i will be rooting for The MAVs a lot more, because I know this front office is total BS more than KP was a diva of some sort.

This franchise is like over 250 games under 500 since Mills join the F/O..and some of you were blaming players..smh

So your rooting for KP to succeed because your dislike for the FO of the team you root for.
Basically you prefer the knicks continue to fail so it supports your theory the FO not the players are failing.
Thats like childish. That's short sighted and Narrow. That's some childish rainman shyt right there.
You should jump to the Nets. Your not enjoying the knicks and your trying to sour on others here to justify your position.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/2/2019  8:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

I am going to help you move to www.ultimatemavs.com. Don’t let the door hit your on the way out

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/4/2019  7:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2019  7:44 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

So your rooting for KP to succeed because your dislike for the FO of the team you root for.
Basically you prefer the knicks continue to fail so it supports your theory the FO not the players are failing.
Thats like childish. That's short sighted and Narrow. That's some childish rainman shyt right there.
You should jump to the Nets. Your not enjoying the knicks and your trying to sour on others here to justify your position.

I think some forget that KP didn't want to be here. That was enough for me. AS for the FO, Mills has not impressed but I do think Perry is pretty smart. I like the plan B moves this past summer.

Will they be a contender - No. Can they surprise and make the playoffs, I think Yes.

Brooklyn? Its more about tthem being the Nets....F the Nets!

Nalod
USA
10/4/2019  8:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2019  8:10 AM
Mills has not impressed post Phil, but i suppose the cards dealt do matter. MIlls hired Perry. Since then I’m impressed with the knicks decisiveness regarding Melo and KP. While regrettable circumstances I thought it was handled professionally.
Nalod not defending Mills, I’m rooting for the team to succeed. As long as Mills is not harassing the women, making spontaneous coaching decisions, not trading future picks to prop up a 45 win team, and starphuching I believe things will get better.

As for the knicks, we are trained to place hope in big names to satisfy our frustration. I place hope in the decisions evident in this Mills/Perry era.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/4/2019  1:43 PM
With the amount of quality depth on this roster I expect this team to win 43 games. They should be able to get a lot of wins versus bottom 16 teams that aren't usually very deep. I think this roster will improve significantly on Defense. They should be a little better offensively as well. There's a lot of potential upside but that's hard to quantify. If some of these kids make a jump this year they could win a few more games and get into the mid 40's. They should have a better performance as they gel later in the season.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/4/2019  4:55 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

I think some forget that KP didn't want to be here. That was enough for me. AS for the FO, Mills has not impressed but I do think Perry is pretty smart. I like the plan B moves this past summer.

Will they be a contender - No. Can they surprise and make the playoffs, I think Yes.

Brooklyn? Its more about tthem being the Nets....F the Nets!

I certainly didn't and I'm not sure why he or any other player of consequence would want to be here. We've had one of, if not the worst, management team for nearly 20 years. Why would you trust a franchise with a track record like that with your legacy? All they'll do is scapegoat you when things inevitably don't work out; just look at Melo.

As a diehard Knick fan, I still have the "F the Nets" attitude, which makes it even worse to come to grips with the fact that they have built a vastly superior organization and team with no major assets at their disposal for 5 years.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/4/2019  5:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2019  6:41 PM
I guess I'm going to be the Debbie-Downer because I expect this franchise to go 27-55, give-or-take. We might have a roster of NBA players but they don't fit or compliment each other in the slightest, which negates whatever individual talent they may have. They are also redundant and I believe that this will create a numbers-crunch that will be the root-cause for the drama that perennially surrounds this organization.

Hopefully, we'll be able to offload some of these players for draft assets or complimentary pieces after December 15th but I'm skeptical this front office is even competent enough to accomplish that. They overpaid our free agent signings, so I expect most of them to be waived around the deadline instead. At the very least, this will help expedite us playing our youth more minutes, which I consider to be a plus. Whether we have the infrastructure to make that process a worthwhile endeavor remains to be seen. I've been on the fence about Fizdale since he signed here but I'm more optimistic of him than this front office at the very least.

Nalod
USA
10/4/2019  5:50 PM
Im stuck at about 30 wins. From 17 that's pretty good. Last year I saw a young team still play hard and a coach who did not lose them.
I suppose if we are below .500 its how it goes down that will matter. How did our yoot grow and what is the issue? is it injury? Did coach lose his lockerroom? Did we make a dumb trade? It matters.
By February we eliminated and the team is know where are the players even interesting to watch? If Im going to watch Morris scowl all game long, DSjr stare down the guy who is not passing, and Portis starts losing his mind then Im done for the year.

I expect growth. To what degree? Its why they play the games.

toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
10/9/2019  12:43 AM
20-62.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
2019-20 Knick expectations and if you dare, PREDICTIONS........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy