[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2019-20 Knick expectations and if you dare, PREDICTIONS........
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/30/2019  10:27 AM
Im not ready to put down my predictions until the end of camp but im not biting on Bermans bullshyt either.....

https://nypost.com/2019/09/29/knicks-will-finally-speak-up-after-bizarre-silence/
Every time he writes he mentions Frank failed to be traded on draft night and 100 times how knicks failed to land KP and KI. What we learned mostly is the was a fable fabricated by the media more than substance. The Knicks had one max spot to pair with KP. THen Two
I don't if I'd a Clipper move by gutting my team for two great players in the prime of their careers but are a big dinged up. Lakers and CLippers have a lot of hype in their inner city "arms race" but the net result might not live up to it. Honestly, outside of PG13 and Kawhi is that a championship caliber roster to support two elite Small forwards?

But this is not about them, its about us. Berman gets fans riled up on the negative. While Im not mixing Kool Aid Spritzers and dousing my inner "NixLuva" with Knicks love im not negative.

Since we are not starphuchers anymore Im ok that the knicks did not do anyting stupid. Im not sure we really have grasped just how regrettable last season was. The 17 wins sucked, but worse was we did in fact draft a stud, endured an ACL injury and then the guy turns out to be trash. If KP turns into this Aryan god we had hoped this is not going to be easy. Sure we all boo Janis and "good riddance" but media will turn on this as "Another knick blunder". Such "blunders" would have been trading the pick previously. We drafted and rebuild around him. That's new. is the result that much better? We'll see. If he blows out his other knee and DSjr becomes Stevie Franchise and we the picks turn out we will revel in the genius of Perry and Mills for hiring him!
Time to move on.

Nalods Good season:

1. 30+ wins and we move into top 5 draft. Pelicans did it from 13th. I won't be that greedy.
2. Noticable growth from yoot. Not all will. There are always injuries and disappointments.
I like our yoot.
3. The above makes for trade fodder. Might be one of them our one of our plethora of fresh signees or a combo.
4. Split our series with Nets. Let them make playoffs. This is turf self respect.
5. Become a place that is intriguing for players to want to be. Im not placing my dreams on Giannis or any other player.
6. Someone on this team elevates to be a closer. WE don't win 30+ games without someone.
7. Fiz can carve out an identity from this group. Mitch and randle are obvious front line core. That's my first hope. Mitch does things few humans can do on the basketball court. From that there is a synergy with a guard. Pick from Frank, DSjr or Payton.

That's it. Sure I want more. Sure the past has sucked. Year two of the Fiz era. May it "reign for long!!"

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
9/30/2019  10:46 AM
32-50 and a core/line-up of DSJ, Barrett, Knox, Randle, and Mitch show excellent growth and look like a future playoff squad.
wargames
Member: #6053

9/30/2019  11:50 AM
30-52 there will be multiple trades throughout the season and one of trier or Frank will be sent out. I expect them to try and get another future first.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
houston20
Member: #8797

9/30/2019  12:01 PM
41-41 seventh seed
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/30/2019  12:03 PM
39-43. Good enough for the 8 seed and a first round exit to the Bucks.

1) Mitchell Robinson makes 2nd Team all defense.
2) Randall makes the AS game as a sub.
3) Barrett shows flashes of brilliance at the point forward spot, but is still adjusting to the NBA. All rookie first team.

Without writing this team off, I see this year's Knicks having their most valuable moments in practice rather than in regular games. I hope and expect the new FAs will beat on the yoots for a few months. Toughen them up a bit. But these two squads should go at it hard in the gym.

Despite the "all dark alley" comments, I think they will gel together in a Knicks vs the world mentality. If I had one wish, it would be that this team is known for defensive toughness and efficient shots.

Hardest part for me is the PG position. Pretty excited about FibaFrankie after seeing some toughness from him. DSJ has tremendous upside, more likely to be a flashy player. Elf had brilliant moments the last few years but struggled to stay healthy. This training camp could be pretty cool to see these guys fight it out for the starting job. Each of them better bring their best game to camp.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
USA
9/30/2019  12:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2019  12:34 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:39-43. Good enough for the 8 seed and a first round exit to the Bucks.

1) Mitchell Robinson makes 2nd Team all defense.
2) Randall makes the AS game as a sub.
3) Barrett shows flashes of brilliance at the point forward spot, but is still adjusting to the NBA. All rookie first team.

Without writing this team off, I see this year's Knicks having their most valuable moments in practice rather than in regular games. I hope and expect the new FAs will beat on the yoots for a few months. Toughen them up a bit. But these two squads should go at it hard in the gym.

Despite the "all dark alley" comments, I think they will gel together in a Knicks vs the world mentality. If I had one wish, it would be that this team is known for defensive toughness and efficient shots.

Hardest part for me is the PG position. Pretty excited about FibaFrankie after seeing some toughness from him. DSJ has tremendous upside, more likely to be a flashy player. Elf had brilliant moments the last few years but struggled to stay healthy. This training camp could be pretty cool to see these guys fight it out for the starting job. Each of them better bring their best game to camp.

I like your enthusiasm!!! I hope your right.
Knicks drafted best player available and not by position. Also they did similar via free agency.
Confounding or interesting? keep brining in talent. Some you keep, some not.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/30/2019  1:34 PM
Nalod wrote:Im not ready to put down my predictions until the end of camp but im not biting on Bermans bullshyt either.....

https://nypost.com/2019/09/29/knicks-will-finally-speak-up-after-bizarre-silence/
Every time he writes he mentions Frank failed to be traded on draft night and 100 times how knicks failed to land KP and KI. What we learned mostly is the was a fable fabricated by the media more than substance. The Knicks had one max spot to pair with KP. THen Two
I don't if I'd a Clipper move by gutting my team for two great players in the prime of their careers but are a big dinged up. Lakers and CLippers have a lot of hype in their inner city "arms race" but the net result might not live up to it. Honestly, outside of PG13 and Kawhi is that a championship caliber roster to support two elite Small forwards?

But this is not about them, its about us. Berman gets fans riled up on the negative. While Im not mixing Kool Aid Spritzers and dousing my inner "NixLuva" with Knicks love im not negative.

Since we are not starphuchers anymore Im ok that the knicks did not do anyting stupid. Im not sure we really have grasped just how regrettable last season was. The 17 wins sucked, but worse was we did in fact draft a stud, endured an ACL injury and then the guy turns out to be trash. If KP turns into this Aryan god we had hoped this is not going to be easy. Sure we all boo Janis and "good riddance" but media will turn on this as "Another knick blunder". Such "blunders" would have been trading the pick previously. We drafted and rebuild around him. That's new. is the result that much better? We'll see. If he blows out his other knee and DSjr becomes Stevie Franchise and we the picks turn out we will revel in the genius of Perry and Mills for hiring him!
Time to move on.

Nalods Good season:

1. 30+ wins and we move into top 5 draft. Pelicans did it from 13th. I won't be that greedy.
2. Noticable growth from yoot. Not all will. There are always injuries and disappointments.
I like our yoot.
3. The above makes for trade fodder. Might be one of them our one of our plethora of fresh signees or a combo.
4. Split our series with Nets. Let them make playoffs. This is turf self respect.
5. Become a place that is intriguing for players to want to be. Im not placing my dreams on Giannis or any other player.
6. Someone on this team elevates to be a closer. WE don't win 30+ games without someone.
7. Fiz can carve out an identity from this group. Mitch and randle are obvious front line core. That's my first hope. Mitch does things few humans can do on the basketball court. From that there is a synergy with a guard. Pick from Frank, DSjr or Payton.

That's it. Sure I want more. Sure the past has sucked. Year two of the Fiz era. May it "reign for long!!"

Remember when Mills and perry said they weren't going to trade for star players that wanted to come here...LMAO....

They were soooo embarrassed that they were the only franchise in the ENTIRE NBA that failed to have a formal press conference introducing their 7 new FA players(also the most in the NBA)...

They basically tweeted (Sorry fans, we fck'd up) and went into hiding...

ES
Nalod
USA
9/30/2019  1:40 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Im not ready to put down my predictions until the end of camp but im not biting on Bermans bullshyt either.....

Time to move on.

Nalods Good season:

I like our yoot.

Remember when Mills and perry said they weren't going to trade for star players that wanted to come here...LMAO....

They were soooo embarrassed that they were the only franchise in the ENTIRE NBA that failed to have a formal press conference introducing their 7 new FA players(also the most in the NBA)...

They basically tweeted (Sorry fans, we fck'd up) and went into hiding...

Can you carry an adult conversation?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/30/2019  1:54 PM
The Knicks miss the playoffs and trade half the guys that were signed this offseason for some second round picks
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
9/30/2019  1:57 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:The Knicks miss the playoffs and trade half the guys that were signed this offseason for some second round picks

Who besides Randle has more than one year on their deal? We miss the playoffs we don't trade them.
They can be traded after mid December.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/30/2019  2:07 PM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:The Knicks miss the playoffs and trade half the guys that were signed this offseason for some second round picks

Who besides Randle has more than one year on their deal? We miss the playoffs we don't trade them.

unless I'm missing something CBA-wise, I think they will try to trade as many of those one year deals as possible

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
9/30/2019  2:23 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:

unless I'm missing something CBA-wise, I think they will try to trade as many of those one year deals as possible

They're trying to win. Now, if at some point nearer the deadline we're not performing well, I can easily see some of the guys we signed getting traded. You don't want to burn players, that creates ill will for guys thinking of signing here in the future.

I think my best season is this is Don Chaney 2.0 from the 2002-03 season. 37 wins. Miss the play offs, but we are gritty and are in a lot of games.

We outperform our talent with effort.

We need more talent, but we need more effort from the guys here.

And also in the successful outcomes - we find out which players are staying, which are going.

Is DSjr a keeper or a tease?
Is Frank a FIBA stand out and wanna be NBA'er?
Can Mitchell Robinson continue to throw himself around the court like that and stay healthy?
Is Kevin Knox a future starter or bench player or neither?
Same for Dotson & Trier.
Can Julius Randle be the man and central focus of a team?
Is Payton an NBA player?
And what is RJ Barrett?

If this season answers those questions one way or the other, it will have been a successful year. The wins and losses to some extent are secondary.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/30/2019  2:31 PM
franco12 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:

They're trying to win. Now, if at some point nearer the deadline we're not performing well, I can easily see some of the guys we signed getting traded. You don't want to burn players, that creates ill will for guys thinking of signing here in the future.

I think my best season is this is Don Chaney 2.0 from the 2002-03 season. 37 wins. Miss the play offs, but we are gritty and are in a lot of games.

We outperform our talent with effort.

We need more talent, but we need more effort from the guys here.

And also in the successful outcomes - we find out which players are staying, which are going.

Is DSjr a keeper or a tease?
Is Frank a FIBA stand out and wanna be NBA'er?
Can Mitchell Robinson continue to throw himself around the court like that and stay healthy?
Is Kevin Knox a future starter or bench player or neither?
Same for Dotson & Trier.
Can Julius Randle be the man and central focus of a team?
Is Payton an NBA player?
And what is RJ Barrett?

If this season answers those questions one way or the other, it will have been a successful year. The wins and losses to some extent are secondary.

I think we can confidently say Payton is a NBA players. The question is can become more than a fringe starter. I agree with the rest of your assessment. I'm glad we're in a situation where we have vets to push our younger players. It's fine if RJ doesn't start as long he's given a consistent role to grow into and out of.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
9/30/2019  2:38 PM
Not worried if we have a player like Payton doing well and a team wants to make an offer we can't refuse because we also have other guys doing well and younger. Not a burn thru if he is promised a deal. Thus, we provided a player an opportunity and he earned a deal. I suppose a team can trade for Payton and offer him a multi year deal mid year?
A boy can dream positively right??
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/30/2019  2:52 PM
50+ but then again...I always say we are winning at least 50 games.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/30/2019  5:36 PM
NYKBocker wrote:50+ but then again...I always say we are winning at least 50 games.
This year you are right.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fwk00
Member: #6048

9/30/2019  7:05 PM
My gut tells me 42 wins or more.

First, the Knicks are largely injury-proof. The depth of the roster affords the Knicks the luxury of both playing hard with pressure AND being relatively interchangeable when it comes to lineup composition. This needs some clarification though.

Randle, Porter, Dotson, RJ, Iggy, Ellington, Smith, Knox, and Bullock (once available) are all scorers requiring complementary players who don't need the ball. Peyton and Frankie define that role better than Trier and for that reason I think Trier will become trade bait. I'm not convinced his ISO-ball profile will complement this particular squad.

MR and Randle will be a force unto themselves this year. Morris and Gibson will quietly stabilize the bench.

One or both of RJ and Iggy will surprise.

Two of Dotson, Smith, Frankie, Peters, or Wooten will take their game to the next level.

By December or January, the rotation and bench will be stabilized and one or more of the redundant players on a one year deal will get dealt for a need or an upgrade. Teams who expected to compete and don't will be shedding big salary talent and teams looking to harden their rosters for the playoff run will be looking for vets. The Knicks are perfectly positioned to accommodate those scenarios.

I also think, assuming Fizdale is up to it, that the Knicks roster has the potential to really click in terms of chemistry and fit.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/30/2019  7:58 PM
fwk00 wrote:My gut tells me 42 wins or more.

First, the Knicks are largely injury-proof. The depth of the roster affords the Knicks the luxury of both playing hard with pressure AND being relatively interchangeable when it comes to lineup composition. This needs some clarification though.

Randle, Porter, Dotson, RJ, Iggy, Ellington, Smith, Knox, and Bullock (once available) are all scorers requiring complementary players who don't need the ball. Peyton and Frankie define that role better than Trier and for that reason I think Trier will become trade bait. I'm not convinced his ISO-ball profile will complement this particular squad.

MR and Randle will be a force unto themselves this year. Morris and Gibson will quietly stabilize the bench.

One or both of RJ and Iggy will surprise.

Two of Dotson, Smith, Frankie, Peters, or Wooten will take their game to the next level.

By December or January, the rotation and bench will be stabilized and one or more of the redundant players on a one year deal will get dealt for a need or an upgrade. Teams who expected to compete and don't will be shedding big salary talent and teams looking to harden their rosters for the playoff run will be looking for vets. The Knicks are perfectly positioned to accommodate those scenarios.

I also think, assuming Fizdale is up to it, that the Knicks roster has the potential to really click in terms of chemistry and fit.

The Knicks will be 42-42. 7th seed first round exit and sweep.

Julius Randle will be that one constant and he will make the all star team. He will be really dang good.

RJ will get off to a rough start but will come around and start showing serious potential by game 20. He will hit a really nice rookie wall by game 55-60. By then, Knox will be much more consistent and impressive.

Mitch will be dealing with foul woes all season but when he’s on the court, he’ll be a double double machine with 2 blocks. 12 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks will be his averages by April.

PG situation? No f’ing clue. I want Frank to be great. I think DSJ should be a star. I think Elfrid will be a great pro and teammate. Otherwise, no f’ing clue. Not worth guessing.

Trier will average 18 points per game.

Iggy will get a LOT of bench time. Eventually, he’ll get off and play well.

F’ the Nets. They were off the list for quite awhile but they are now on the same list as the Red Sox, Eagles, Cowboys, Red Skins.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

9/30/2019  10:40 PM
I think there will be growing pains but improvement. One thing not talked much around here is the reality of an ever changing roster (not good). I think there is more talent here and certainly more prospects than we've had in a while. How Fiz coaches, how they gel, who steps up -- that's the interesting story to me. I predict we do the opposite of some recent years -- we start slow (with much pants wetting from the Fire Fiz boys) but end strong with a young nucleus and a few veteran keepers. Maybe the 8th seed.
Nalod
USA
10/1/2019  12:30 PM
This team as constructed can nearly put together three "Lines" like a Hockey team and run them out in shifts.
WE have that kind of depth. That's not entirely a great thing BTW.

Anyone want to take a stab of creating three "Lines"? Three separate shifts.

2019-20 Knick expectations and if you dare, PREDICTIONS........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy