Member: #883
10/26/2020  4:14 PM
martin wrote:Guess Kenny wasn't getting any head coaching nibbles

The Brooklyn Nets Deferential Coverage effect

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/26/2020  4:16 PM
This can only help the Knicks if they're looking to pull off any of the rumored big trades. Does OKC want a draft pick, which I'm against giving them, or do they want flexibility in the financially uncertain times.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

10/28/2020  12:44 AM
It's good to know that Dame isn't projected to price us out. Would $23 mil be enough to pry Fred away?

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2020/10/27/21536503/rumor-some-nba-players-are-already-being-offered-contracts

That said, things seem to be trending towards a depressed market this offseason, so the Knicks might actually be able to get good value out of that cap space. For instance, Bobby Marks recently wrote a column breaking down what he believes some of the values of free agents could be this offseason, and here’s where a number of potential Knicks targets clocked in:

Fred VanVleet: $18-20 million

Joe Harris: $14-16 million

Damyean Dotson: Veteran’s minimum

Danilo Gallinari: $14-16 million

Davis Bertans: $12-14 million

Jerami Grant: $12-14 million

Christian Wood: $10-12 million

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/28/2020  10:54 AM
I expect/hope we use our cap as a facilitator to help other teams move a player and we are compensated . Been saying this for weeks.
All the above players are very good but I think we can be compensated to take on a contract by two other teams that are so motivated. Milwaukee is desperate to upgrade the roster and some teams won’t take back salary such as OKC.
Knicks are not close to sniffing the playoffs but can posture beyond and still improve this year.
Knick under miller trended to about a 32 win season which was the expectation at the start. If Thibs had the same team from the start that might trend to 35 games?
We won’t be the same next season but we have to consider there COULD be some organic growth internally. Thats hard to measure.
Knicks have cap space and rumors are just that. FVV agent should be creating a market for him. Competition drives up the price and its in the knicks best interest that any divisional rival pays more for its player. Rose, Perr, Zanin and Aller are not stupid.
They are playing a game and we are not in the room.
BigDaddyG

10/28/2020  1:42 PM
Nalod
USA
10/28/2020  2:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

He can remote in or while covid take private plane? Why not!!!!

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
10/28/2020  2:37 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Wow, didn't see that coming- this nba season has been ridiculously full of surprises!

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/28/2020  2:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

will be interesting to see how this develops. Completely knee jerk reaction but i do not foresee Rockets 2.0. My guts says in Houston he knew he had a special talent in Harden and tried to build around that in a way that made sense to D'antoni

I suspect he'll try to do that again but building around Joel or Ben -- i don't see both flourishing on the same team. Maybe a Simmons for Harden centered trade??

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/28/2020  5:24 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/28/2020  6:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2020  7:41 PM
martin wrote:

Very good hire. Silas has definitely put in the work and has a great pedigree. Like that they are moving forward with Silas rather than reaching back for Van Gundy or Lucas..I think the Rockets better days are behind them...I hope the owner doesn't put unrealistic expectations on Silas...

martin
USA
10/30/2020  10:39 AM
Nice haul by Nash

martin
USA
10/30/2020  1:04 PM
martin
USA
10/30/2020  1:04 PM
smackeddog
10/30/2020  1:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2020  1:35 PM
One to cross of the FA list- even if he's cleared (it sounds weird and I'm always suspicious when cops cite "the smell of marijuana"), this will have cost him a fortune:

Timberwolves' Malik Beasley faces multiple charges after allegedly aiming a gun at a family outside his home

Beasley has been charged with drug possession and threats of violence

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley is facing multiple charges of drug possession and threats of violence after an incident at his Minnesota home last month, according to police reports accessed by the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Both of those charges are felonies.

Early on Thursday afternoon, the Timberwolves released a statement which read, "We are aware of the charges involving Malik Beasley. We take these allegations seriously and will let the legal process run its course." Beasley's defense attorneys also made a statement, which read "we are cooperating with the law enforcement investigation and will carefully review the discovery in the coming days."

Per the complaint filed against Beasley, a family was stopped in an SUV outside his home, when he threatened them with a gun. When the police arrived, they found a large amount of marijuana in his home. Via the Star Tribune:

A couple was on the annual Parade of Homes tour on Sept. 26 with their 13-year-old child and pulled up in an SUV to the home Beasley and Yao rent but saw it was roped off. While pulled over to look up another home to visit, Beasley tapped on the vehicle's window and pointed a rifle at them.

"Get the [expletive] off my property!" Beasley said.

Beasley continued to train his "all-black assault rifle with a forehand grip" and a scope at the SUV as it drove off, the criminal complaint read.

Officers detected an overwhelming odor of marijuana and soon located more than 1¾ pounds of the drug in the basement living room and main floor office. Next to the stash was a notebook with instructions on how to smoke the drug.
Beasley was arrested following the incident, but was released the same day. His girlfriend, Montana Yao, was also charged with a felony drug count.

The fourth-year guard was traded to the Timberwolves from the Denver Nuggets at the deadline last season. He is a restricted free agent this offseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/timberwolves-malik-beasley-faces-multiple-charges-after-allegedly-aiming-a-gun-at-a-family-outside-his-home/

BigDaddyG

10/30/2020  1:33 PM
martin wrote:

As a fan, id be happy with 20 additional games. It won't be the best basketball in the world, but it's basketball. I can also understand why the players would say eff this. But money is money and I expect the NBAPA to step down in this one.

smackeddog
10/30/2020  1:37 PM
martin wrote:

It wasn't safe to do so, but now it suddenly is, because... money

BigDaddyG

10/30/2020  1:40 PM
smackeddog wrote:One to cross of the FA list- even if he's cleared, this will have cost him a fortune:

Timberwolves' Malik Beasley faces multiple charges after allegedly aiming a gun at a family outside his home

Beasley has been charged with drug possession and threats of violence

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley is facing multiple charges of drug possession and threats of violence after an incident at his Minnesota home last month, according to police reports accessed by the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Both of those charges are felonies.

Early on Thursday afternoon, the Timberwolves released a statement which read, "We are aware of the charges involving Malik Beasley. We take these allegations seriously and will let the legal process run its course." Beasley's defense attorneys also made a statement, which read "we are cooperating with the law enforcement investigation and will carefully review the discovery in the coming days."

Per the complaint filed against Beasley, a family was stopped in an SUV outside his home, when he threatened them with a gun. When the police arrived, they found a large amount of marijuana in his home. Via the Star Tribune:

A couple was on the annual Parade of Homes tour on Sept. 26 with their 13-year-old child and pulled up in an SUV to the home Beasley and Yao rent but saw it was roped off. While pulled over to look up another home to visit, Beasley tapped on the vehicle's window and pointed a rifle at them.

"Get the [expletive] off my property!" Beasley said.

Beasley continued to train his "all-black assault rifle with a forehand grip" and a scope at the SUV as it drove off, the criminal complaint read.

Officers detected an overwhelming odor of marijuana and soon located more than 1¾ pounds of the drug in the basement living room and main floor office. Next to the stash was a notebook with instructions on how to smoke the drug.
Beasley was arrested following the incident, but was released the same day. His girlfriend, Montana Yao, was also charged with a felony drug count.

The fourth-year guard was traded to the Timberwolves from the Denver Nuggets at the deadline last season. He is a restricted free agent this offseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/timberwolves-malik-beasley-faces-multiple-charges-after-allegedly-aiming-a-gun-at-a-family-outside-his-home/

Do we really have to cross him off...I mean what if he's acquitted and we can get him cheap...what am I saying...things are so bad I was considering signing a psychopath.

martin
USA
10/30/2020  1:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

It wasn't safe to do so, but now it suddenly is, because... money

I'm not as jaded about this as some, and yes, there is a **** ton of money on the line. The NBA did just prove that in a bubble situation and with the right protocols, you can have games and practices. Now individual teams will need to do the same. And, remember, the 8 teams that were not a part of the playoffs were already doing this.

Nalod
USA
10/30/2020  2:37 PM
1, Young players need to stay covid free as it helps the workouts. They are motivated. If not they are dumb as rocks.
2. Everyone gets tested.
3. Regarding the choice of season. TV and money pays the salaries. The players have a say. Play a shorter season starting later in the year and get paid less. Or play more and make more. Should owners really have eat it all? Thats why the did revenue sharing. IF not the team values which are high, would be even higher. They share in the good and the bad. Its what they agreed on.
4. teams that suffer the most are the ones that went deeper in the playoffs. But they are “better” so do they really suffer?
5. Fact is no vaccine until spring earliest. Then its a few months to get it to the public. I’m not sure we get an olympics next summer. NBA must plan on no attendance. I don’t know how they do this really.
6. Owners are greedy. Fans are greedy. Players are greedy. Business owners are greedy, parents are greedy. Everyone wants this and needs teh Covid to end. Yes, the networks are greedy. They need programming and if NBA is not producing a desirable product and the ratings tank its helps nobody. Including the players!
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy