[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2019-20
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/12/2020  9:54 AM
Give Vogel his props. Made two critical adjustments this series. He had AD guard Jimmy and slow him down in game 4. Then, removed Howard from the starting 5 in game 6 and inserted Caruso into the lineup was a great move. Caruso gave them energy from the start and matched up better with the Heat shooters which helped shut them down early.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/12/2020  10:32 AM
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Who was the poster on these boards who used to always talk about weight lifting, and were absolutely bedazzled by Pekovic when we first played vs him because of how strong he looked?

IronWillGiroud... he was a classic. Used to post endlessly about "deep squats" and eating "heavy cream". You can see his best threads in the Off Topic Forum.

He was supposed to do an AMA on his experiences getting locked up when he was using the Orangeblobman moniker.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/12/2020  11:13 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:I'd rather throw a large one year deal at Rondo than make a trade for CP3. If you want to teach the youngins how to win then you need to bring in a winner!

Rondo is a savant that lacks the personality make up to sustain a mentorship. Some of his various stops in career have ended really badly. Why? He is rumored to have borderline personality disorder. Rondo is a brilliant basketball mind and he is great for the playoffs. he has just not shown to be able to sustain the type of mentorship/sharing that is conducive over a long season. Its why Boston got him down in the draft, its why they did not sign him long term, its why he blew up in Dallas, and its why he can hang with Lebron over a season. He was brilliant this post season, Regular season he is injury prone.
See him yapping at the end of the game. 30 pt lead and he is just hammering away. Demonstrates just how brilliant he is and how out of synch at the same time.

Nalod
USA
10/12/2020  11:17 AM
Uptown wrote:Give Vogel his props. Made two critical adjustments this series. He had AD guard Jimmy and slow him down in game 4. Then, removed Howard from the starting 5 in game 6 and inserted Caruso into the lineup was a great move. Caruso gave them energy from the start and matched up better with the Heat shooters which helped shut them down early.

Kobe’s guy Pelinka did a great job. Moving from Magic Johnson proved correct.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/12/2020  12:37 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Coronation of the king.
LeGM, Ledouche, what ever.
When you boil it down Lebron is a generational talent. Each generation evolves better athletes over time. Mikan, Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Jordan and Lebron. Each dominant in their own right and own way in their day.
For now Lebron is mowing down career records. Yes, he has two years more than Jordan. Played more games. But at 35 what he is doing at this level is a feat. Making history. Your watching it. Love, hate it but respect it.

Lebron did great, and has been great dragging teams with largely poor rosters and getting them to over achieve for years.

He’s at the stage of his career where I put aside past grievances and take a step back and appreciate seeing something ending that I probably won’t see again. Wonder who the next legend will be.

What grievances? Being bounced once out of the first round of the playoffs? That's not serious. I am cool with LeBron, actually quite enjoyed watching him win a chip for the Cavs, now that was a great story.

I find the LeBron hype a lot less annoying than the incessant Jordan-jocking of the 90s. Take any prime-time NBA broadcast from that time and it is all about Michael Jordan's greatness, Ahmad Rashad's "I have just spoken to Michael...", still makes me want to puke.

By grievance, I meant when you take a dislike to a player due to some imagined slight (him not signing with the Knicks, him beating us, etc), that in the grand scheme of things is silly and was just a bit of drama to raise the stakes when the Knicks played vs them

smackeddog
10/12/2020  12:38 PM
Uptown wrote:The defense the Lakers played in the 1st half was the best display of defense I've seen in years!!!

Lakers were a nice old school team (and coach)- good to see you can still win with that (maybe dependent on having Lebron!) still, they didn't go the route of surrounding their starts with 3pt shooters.

smackeddog
10/12/2020  12:39 PM
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Who was the poster on these boards who used to always talk about weight lifting, and were absolutely bedazzled by Pekovic when we first played vs him because of how strong he looked?

IronWillGiroud... he was a classic. Used to post endlessly about "deep squats" and eating "heavy cream". You can see his best threads in the Off Topic Forum.

That's the one! I'd forgotten about him

smackeddog
10/12/2020  12:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

He was supposed to do an AMA on his experiences getting locked up when he was using the Orangeblobman moniker.

I can't even remember what orangeblobman did! But I remember his username and that there was some sort of issue with him on the boards

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/12/2020  7:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I can't even remember what orangeblobman did! But I remember his username and that there was some sort of issue with him on the boards

Blob heads a charity, teaching undepriviledged children to squat thrust.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/12/2020  7:12 PM
Stopped watching at the half. Curious as to how the Clippers will respond after the early exit.
smackeddog
10/13/2020  4:25 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Ha!

smackeddog
10/13/2020  4:27 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Stopped watching at the half. Curious as to how the Clippers will respond after the early exit.

It was a stinker of a game. It will indeed be interesting to see how the Clips respond, got the impression they didn't like each other, and the team seemed to take on Kawhi's character from the regular season- just coast along until things get serious, unfortunately while Kawhi can readily switch to the higher gear, his team mates couldn't.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/13/2020  4:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Ha!

I just know I wanted to inject myself with invisible Lysol every time he said “dunk-shot.”

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/15/2020  3:36 PM
Ty Lue New Coach of the Clippers!!!

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259903/Ty-Lue-To-Become-Head-Coach-Of-Clippers

Ty Lue will become the next head coach of the Los Angeles Clippers.

Lue and the Clippers are finalizing a five-year deal.

Lue spent this past season as an assistant coach under Doc Rivers with the Clippers.

Lue also was a candidate for the Philadelphia 76ers, Houston Rockets and New Orleans Pelicans. The Los Angeles Lakers offered their head coaching job to Lue during the 2019 offseason but they were unable to agree on a contract.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/15/2020  3:39 PM
Uptown wrote:Ty Lue New Coach of the Clippers!!!

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259903/Ty-Lue-To-Become-Head-Coach-Of-Clippers

Ty Lue will become the next head coach of the Los Angeles Clippers.

Lue and the Clippers are finalizing a five-year deal.

Lue spent this past season as an assistant coach under Doc Rivers with the Clippers.

Lue also was a candidate for the Philadelphia 76ers, Houston Rockets and New Orleans Pelicans. The Los Angeles Lakers offered their head coaching job to Lue during the 2019 offseason but they were unable to agree on a contract.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
10/15/2020  7:38 PM
Lakers were Dumpster fire until Lebron showed up. The took Ball over jayson Tatum. Let Randle and BroPez walk. He signed with Milwaukee for 3.5 mil!! Still they had enough got make a deal for AD and in short order a chip all because Lebron wanted to live in LA and not be a Clipper.
Some franchises do bad and get lucky. We do bad and get unlucky to boot! We are the chosen!
smackeddog
10/16/2020  3:53 AM
Nalod wrote:Lakers were Dumpster fire until Lebron showed up. The took Ball over jayson Tatum. Let Randle and BroPez walk. He signed with Milwaukee for 3.5 mil!! Still they had enough got make a deal for AD and in short order a chip all because Lebron wanted to live in LA and not be a Clipper.
Some franchises do bad and get lucky. We do bad and get unlucky to boot! We are the chosen!

Yep, they 'luckily' landed at the 2 spot in the lottery so many times, while we always end up at 7 and 8, and then to add insult to injury, they botched everyone one of those no 2 picks, did some horrific FA signings (Mosgov and Deng) and bad trades, yet still came up smelling like roses because Lebron wanted to sign there!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/16/2020  4:36 PM
https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/nba-social-media-video-views-tv-ratings

The 2019/20 National Basketball Association (NBA) season delivered new digital media records for the league despite a dip in television ratings, according to data cited by Front Office Sports.

The sports business website reports that total video views across the league’s digital platforms were up 17 per cent compared to last season to reach 20 billion.

Those figures were bolstered by the NBA’s restart as the league recorded 6.9 billion video views on its social channels following its return on 30th July inside the Orlando bubble, including 2.6 billion on Instagram.

There were one billion video views across all NBA digital platforms during the NBA finals, which saw the Los Angeles Lakers secure their 17th championship with a 4-2 series win over the Miami Heat.

NBA finals game six draws 5.6m viewers as Lakers clinch championship

YouTube, meanwhile, delivered 321 million views of NBA content during the postseason, with 61 million coming during the finals.

The digital media figures will be welcome news for the NBA following the well-documented drop in its TV viewership during its return to play.

This year’s finals, which concluded on 11th October, averaged 7.5 million viewers on Disney-owned ABC, marking a 51 per cent decline on the 2019 series between the Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors.

The drop is in part due to the backlog of sporting events in the US as a result of the health crisis, which also led to audience declines for the National Hockey League’s (NHL) Stanley Cup finals and the Kentucky Derby horse race.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames
Member: #6053

10/17/2020  7:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2020  7:15 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Lakers were Dumpster fire until Lebron showed up. The took Ball over jayson Tatum. Let Randle and BroPez walk. He signed with Milwaukee for 3.5 mil!! Still they had enough got make a deal for AD and in short order a chip all because Lebron wanted to live in LA and not be a Clipper.

Yep, they 'luckily' landed at the 2 spot in the lottery so many times, while we always end up at 7 and 8, and then to add insult to injury, they botched everyone one of those no 2 picks, did some horrific FA signings (Mosgov and Deng) and bad trades, yet still came up smelling like roses because Lebron wanted to sign there!

The draft is fixed. It’s usually based on media momentum and/or helping teams stay profitable. Last year it was “Pelicans need a star since they lost AD”, this year it was the wolves need one more piece and they might finally be good, the warriors need a jump start to be good, and Jordan just had a really successful documentary let’s see if we can help his team be good so he and the hornets can get more national exposure. I also legit think they don’t want Ball on the knicks, the media circus could be bad for business.

I suspect Leon wants to create a storyline about the Knicks not sucking that might convince the lottery to go there way. Also collect picks that if necessary we can force ourselves higher in case they decide lolknicks is a lottery tradition they want to maintain.

With that said the lottery is clearly fixed.....

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/17/2020  10:56 AM
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

The draft is fixed. It’s usually based on media momentum and/or helping teams stay profitable. Last year it was “Pelicans need a star since they lost AD”, this year it was the wolves need one more piece and they might finally be good, the warriors need a jump start to be good, and Jordan just had a really successful documentary let’s see if we can help his team be good so he and the hornets can get more national exposure. I also legit think they don’t want Ball on the knicks, the media circus could be bad for business.

I suspect Leon wants to create a storyline about the Knicks not sucking that might convince the lottery to go there way. Also collect picks that if necessary we can force ourselves higher in case they decide lolknicks is a lottery tradition they want to maintain.

With that said the lottery is clearly fixed.....

I am prepared to believe this conspiracy theory.

Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy