10/9/2020  10:37 PM
Interesting thread:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/10/2020  3:59 AM
Wow, what a game! What a painful loss for LeBron and Laker fans. AD looks like he's on the verge of serious injury--the heat could win this series
smackeddog
10/10/2020  2:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2020  2:16 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/after-his-nba-career-nikola-pekovic-has-apparently-found-success-as-a-mobster-and-drug-lord/

After His NBA Career, Nikola Pekovic Has Apparently Found Success As A Mobster And Drug Lord

by Kano Klas · 8. October 2020

Before battling injury problems for the most part of his career, Nikola Pekovic was one of the most imposing big men the NBA had to offer for a short period of time.

After joining the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2010, the Montenegrin center quickly became one of the strongest and most physical players of his time. In 2014 Pekovic was averaging 17.5 points and 8.7 rebounds per game as Kevin Love’s front court partner.

In 2017, the Timberwolves waived Pekovic after seven seasons with the franchise. During his time with the team, he averaged 12.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per game on 51.8 percent shooting from the field.

But the most interesting part came after Pekovic NBA’s career – a second career in drug lording.

A couple months after his NBA exit, Belgrade police found drugs and guns in an Audi with American plates that was registered to Pekovic, who was Partizan Belgrade’s president at the time.

While Pekovic wasn’t in the car, Radojko Tomasevic and Ivan Golocevaa, who are closely linked to Darko and Dusko Saric, were. The Saric brothers reportedly are two of the biggest drug traffickers in the entire world, who allegedly smuggled tons of cocaine from South America to Europe.

When asked in the aftermath of the incident, Pekovic never denied being friends with Dusko Saric, even revealing that he’s the godfather of his child.

You may remember that Pekovic’s nickname in the NBA was ‘Godfather’, it turns out that he actually became one. He apparently owns a hotel, and a nightclub, that also are linked to Saric, who currently serves a prison sentence.

According to a Serbian friend of mine, no one in the Serbian and Montenegrin region talks about Pekovic as a former NBA player, but as a mobster.

Who was the poster on these boards who used to always talk about weight lifting, and were absolutely bedazzled by Pekovic when we first played vs him because of how strong he looked?

EDIT: didn’t know he’s critically ill, not really sure why you felt the need to post the above story if you knew this?

Nikola Pekovic Hospitalized In Serious Condition With COVID-19

Nikola Pekovic is hospitalized in serious condition after being infected with COVID-19.

Pekovic has inflammation of both of his lungs and is breathing with the help of a respirator. Pekovic was admitted to a hostpial 15 days ago and his condition has deteriorated over that period.

Pekovic played for the Minnesota Timberwolves from 2010 until 2017.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259834/Nikola-Pekovic-Hospitalized-In-Serious-Condition-With-COVID-19

smackeddog
10/11/2020  3:22 PM
Was I the only one who watched Game 5? Shame on you- shame on you all!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/11/2020  4:16 PM
smackeddog wrote:Was I the only one who watched Game 5? Shame on you- shame on you all!

I was too busy disowning Danny Green as a New Yorker. In retrospect, Lakers probably should have included Kuz in a deal for Marcus Morris. Instead, they had to settle on the brain dead Morris brother. Does Jimmy move into the top 10 players in the league now? Possibly top 5?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/11/2020  4:42 PM
smackeddog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/after-his-nba-career-nikola-pekovic-has-apparently-found-success-as-a-mobster-and-drug-lord/

After His NBA Career, Nikola Pekovic Has Apparently Found Success As A Mobster And Drug Lord

Before battling injury problems for the most part of his career, Nikola Pekovic was one of the most imposing big men the NBA had to offer for a short period of time.

After joining the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2010, the Montenegrin center quickly became one of the strongest and most physical players of his time. In 2014 Pekovic was averaging 17.5 points and 8.7 rebounds per game as Kevin Love’s front court partner.

In 2017, the Timberwolves waived Pekovic after seven seasons with the franchise. During his time with the team, he averaged 12.6 points and 6.7 rebounds per game on 51.8 percent shooting from the field.

But the most interesting part came after Pekovic NBA’s career – a second career in drug lording.

A couple months after his NBA exit, Belgrade police found drugs and guns in an Audi with American plates that was registered to Pekovic, who was Partizan Belgrade’s president at the time.

While Pekovic wasn’t in the car, Radojko Tomasevic and Ivan Golocevaa, who are closely linked to Darko and Dusko Saric, were. The Saric brothers reportedly are two of the biggest drug traffickers in the entire world, who allegedly smuggled tons of cocaine from South America to Europe.

When asked in the aftermath of the incident, Pekovic never denied being friends with Dusko Saric, even revealing that he’s the godfather of his child.

You may remember that Pekovic’s nickname in the NBA was ‘Godfather’, it turns out that he actually became one. He apparently owns a hotel, and a nightclub, that also are linked to Saric, who currently serves a prison sentence.

According to a Serbian friend of mine, no one in the Serbian and Montenegrin region talks about Pekovic as a former NBA player, but as a mobster.

Who was the poster on these boards who used to always talk about weight lifting, and were absolutely bedazzled by Pekovic when we first played vs him because of how strong he looked?

EDIT: didn’t know he’s critically ill, not really sure why you felt the need to post the above story if you knew this?

Nikola Pekovic is hospitalized in serious condition after being infected with COVID-19.

Pekovic has inflammation of both of his lungs and is breathing with the help of a respirator. Pekovic was admitted to a hostpial 15 days ago and his condition has deteriorated over that period.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259834/Nikola-Pekovic-Hospitalized-In-Serious-Condition-With-COVID-19

actually the fist article I read about a day before I saw the one about him being sick. Also read his family said he was not as ill as depicted.

smackeddog
10/11/2020  4:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2020  5:01 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

actually the fist article I read about a day before I saw the one about him being sick. Also read his family said he was not as ill as depicted.

Just looked at the date of the first article- what weird timing. Then the story that he’s really ill the next day, now we learn he’s not. Apologies to TripleThreat if he wasn’t posting the first article because he’d heard Pekovic was in hospital. Just an odd rollercoaster and an odd story! Honestly I’d forgotten he even played until reading it, but remember how strong he looked but how bad at defense he was

smackeddog
10/11/2020  4:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2020  4:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Was I the only one who watched Game 5? Shame on you- shame on you all!

I was too busy disowning Danny Green as a New Yorker. In retrospect, Lakers probably should have included Kuz in a deal for Marcus Morris. Instead, they had to settle on the brain dead Morris brother. Does Jimmy move into the top 10 players in the league now? Possibly top 5?

Watching the end of that game, couldn’t help feel for lakers fans and Lebron (must have wanted to throttle Morris)- like a Charles Smith moment! In Morris’s defense, he did hit some key 3 point shots in the last win they had. Still, if the Heat win the series he’s going to be public enemy number 1 and that play will go down in infamy- probably slightly more so than Green’s miss.

Nalod
USA
10/11/2020  9:28 PM
Coronation of the king.
LeGM, Ledouche, what ever.
When you boil it down Lebron is a generational talent. Each generation evolves better athletes over time. Mikan, Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Jordan and Lebron. Each dominant in their own right and own way in their day.
For now Lebron is mowing down career records. Yes, he has two years more than Jordan. Played more games. But at 35 what he is doing at this level is a feat. Making history. Your watching it. Love, hate it but respect it.
Nalod
USA
10/11/2020  9:51 PM
story I heard was Phil had recommended Vogel to Jeannie Buss. Looked like a good hire!
I guess the new model is a not “Big three” but a “Dynamic Duo”. Lebron a free agent and Davis via trade.
Many paths but a pretty good base when you got Lebron.
I’m not a Lebron fanboy, just a NBA fan respecting history.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/11/2020  9:54 PM
Nalod wrote:Coronation of the king.
When you boil it down Lebron is a generational talent. Each generation evolves better athletes over time. Mikan, Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Jordan and Lebron. Each dominant in their own right and own way in their day.
For now Lebron is mowing down career records. Yes, he has two years more than Jordan. Played more games. But at 35 what he is doing at this level is a feat. Making history. Your watching it. Love, hate it but respect it.

Absolutely. I'll still always root against (as if he cares). But he has done it, earned it.

Nalod
USA
10/11/2020  10:03 PM
JR gets a ring!!!!!
BigDaddyG

10/12/2020  12:00 AM
I'd rather throw a large one year deal at Rondo than make a trade for CP3. If you want to teach the youngins how to win then you need to bring in a winner!
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

10/12/2020  12:01 AM
Nalod wrote:JR gets a ring!!!!!

I hope they stocked enough Henny in the bubble.

smackeddog
10/12/2020  3:58 AM
Impressive achievement by the Lakers- outside of Lebron and AD, you’d think that roster is far from championship calibre, but somehow they were better than their individual parts
smackeddog
10/12/2020  4:18 AM
And hats off to the nba- I thought the bubble was going to be a disaster, but they did great, and these playoffs were the best in years (somehow despite having no real fans at the games)
smackeddog
10/12/2020  4:24 AM

Lebron did great, and has been great dragging teams with largely poor rosters and getting them to over achieve for years.

He’s at the stage of his career where I put aside past grievances and take a step back and appreciate seeing something ending that I probably won’t see again. Wonder who the next legend will be.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

10/12/2020  7:27 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Lebron did great, and has been great dragging teams with largely poor rosters and getting them to over achieve for years.

He’s at the stage of his career where I put aside past grievances and take a step back and appreciate seeing something ending that I probably won’t see again. Wonder who the next legend will be.

What grievances? Being bounced once out of the first round of the playoffs? That's not serious. I am cool with LeBron, actually quite enjoyed watching him win a chip for the Cavs, now that was a great story.

I find the LeBron hype a lot less annoying than the incessant Jordan-jocking of the 90s. Take any prime-time NBA broadcast from that time and it is all about Michael Jordan's greatness, Ahmad Rashad's "I have just spoken to Michael...", still makes me want to puke.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/12/2020  9:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/12/2020  9:33 AM
smackeddog wrote:

IronWillGiroud... he was a classic. Used to post endlessly about "deep squats" and eating "heavy cream". You can see his best threads in the Off Topic Forum.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/12/2020  9:49 AM
The defense the Lakers played in the 1st half was the best display of defense I've seen in years!!!
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy