HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
Marv wrote:wow kyrie last night

this is what he said he wanted last year as he drove the celtics into the ground - the freedom to hoist away all night. pity his 50 wasn't in a win.

if durant ever heals i hope he enjoys westbrook II

Burned!

Real burn. Agree, the guy probably cant gel with a superstar. Cuz he never has before? Let me guess, neither of you saw the game? He brought the Nets back from a big deficit. Made a nice dish with seconds left only to see his team mate miss 2 foul shots.
Don"t get the Haterade fans think will make themselves feel better. Kyrie can ball. Despite all the haters that said his face was broken, over the hill, and kiled the Celts he drops 50 on a decent Minny team. Heck, I Wanted him on the Knicks but he chose the Nyets. Move on.

move on? nothing to move on from. i never wanted the guy. if he was the price to pay for a healthy kd i was willing to pay it, but that’s it. once kd went down - no way.

yeah he can ball. and yeah he was brilliant down the stretch the year cleveland won it. but a guy who bolts because he’s not cool with being the 2nd best player on a lebron team? then pouts his way off boston after sabotaging their playoffs? thanks bro, help yourself to making him your megadollars face of your franchise and let him hoist 33 shots from the pg position in, of course, a loss. that’s your rebuild? i’ll pass.

Yeah your right. Nobody wanted him. Specially in NY. We want guys like Ron Baker.
Look not saying I'm cheering for him vs the Knicks but disagreed with your view that he drove the Celts into the ground and implied that he is not one of the best PG's in the league. Think its just hating. And don't see the value. But okay, still worth some banter. So you would prefer a guy that likes to ride the coat tails of an NBA great and has no aspiration to do it on his own? Do you respect the guys that sign on for the Golden State bandwagon tours? And your saying the he "Sabotaged" the playoffs. So the Bucks who went on to become a top rated team had nothing to do with that? Or are you getting your facts from net bloggers that are not within team circles? If that is what you like to consider well informed than I'll passs but you can help yourself.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835417-marcus-smart-on-whether-kyrie-irving-ruined-celtics-bulls-t-thats-bulls-t

To make this more about the Knicks, which is who we both root for, I am just tired of people dogging good players that have a possibility of coming here. We continue to covet mediocre players that are fighting for the 10 spot on the rotation and continue to dismiss players that can bring us a chip. Kyrie was a possibility for the latter.

wow man couldn't disagree with you more. u watch him in the playoffs? as soon as it became evident they weren't going to win his entire body language changed to "**** it we're done and i'm outta here anyway." which he verified with saying, "I should have shot 30. I’m that great of a shooter" - after going 4 for 18, 8 for 22, 7 for 22 and 6 for 21!! leaves before the final buzzer and says, "The game was over." u want this? this is your leader? that's who you max out and whose hands you put the future of this franchise into?

and after splitting from cleveland? you say "So you would prefer a guy that likes to ride the coat tails of an NBA great and has no aspiration to do it on his own?" u have no sense of being a teammate? lebron doesn't win that title without kyrie and kyrie doesn't win it without lebron. together they beat a 73-win team! that's not incredibly gratifying and unifying? guess not to kyrie or to you.

+100

Also wanting to be the alpha, then finding out that that is hard and very sensitive to criticism so wants to reunite with a dominant player (whether that's Lebron or KD)

Then you have the flat earth stuff, hollywood stuff

We dodged a bullet

Wait, your blaming him for wanting to be an alpha and then not wanting to be an aloha?
Flat earth? He can believe in Unicorns, Fairy God mother and anything else if he is capable of bringing a chip! Lol

By bullet, do you mean a championship?

He's a big whacko with an inflated ego. He has talent for sure, but not nearly as much as he thinks, and certainly not enough to be The Man he so desperately wants to be

On top of that I think his departure from the Cavs and the Celts was particularly immature and classless, only rivaled by the stuff KD has done. (On the other hand, I have a lot of respect for the way Kawhi handled things)

Kyrie was surrounded by a lot of good two-way players in Boston, and frankly they performed better without him -- certainly so in the playoffs. I live up here in Boston (hate but respect the celts). Absolutely no one is crying about his departure, and there are a lot of astute fans and announcers up here.

Respect your opinion. Don't think we will agree.
Fyi, aome thought Kawhi forced the Spurs hand and sat out while being healthy. So there is always negative talk. He looks better Only because he won.
Disagree on Celts fans. They are the biggest *******s around. Bunch of crying spoiled babies. Dislike them as much as Philly fans. In terms of Boston having good players, we will find out. Many of them fizzled out. But hey, we have one of them to check out first hand. I don't buy into the idea that good players can be put together and win a chip in ONE year.,Takes a lot more time. Unless you have at least three of the best players on the planet.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2019  4:12 PM
From what I read.....
My opinion is Kyrie got more blame than need be. Holford left also. There was a stink around tatum and brown who felt they were the team. Haywood got to be the golden boy right away which did not help. Then "Bam", the dude was looking at his big toe staring right back at him! That season took their steam away. Last year he needed a full year to get up to speed. The team after the worlds and Tatum "feeling it" just did not go well. Kyrie thought he'd re-sign. I think he meant it. We look so much for BLame in sport that fans need a villain if there is no hero.
Im ok with how Kyrie left Cleveland because owner and Lebron ran it into the ground. Lebron treated him like a little brother type and that's not easy for these guys ego. Is Kyrie at all at fault for the celtic divorce? Takes two to tango! Of course he has his part.
As far as him being a Knick, If he and a healthy Durant came, and kicks made a trade or three to balance the roster I would be down for that. Maybe KP finds a way to stay? Not likely we afford all three. TimeLine for Kyrie was not all there and Durant I believe was destined to be a knick and perhaps play with KP. That was the rumors at its strongest.
LegendD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8653
Latvia
10/26/2019  1:49 PM
Season has started and immediately seen that Mark Cuban is amazing genius stealing superstar KP from Knicks and giving in return trash DSjr and some picks.
Just because the Knicks didn't want to give max to KP... smh
Now Mavs are powerhause in progress. Wouldn't be surprised if Cuban also attracted a Greek Freak in free agency.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/27/2019  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2019  11:16 AM
LegendD wrote:Season has started and immediately seen that Mark Cuban is amazing genius stealing superstar KP from Knicks and giving in return trash DSjr and some picks.
Now Mavs are powerhause in progress. Wouldn't be surprised if Cuban also attracted a Greek Freak in free agency.

Porzingis looks like he put on some muscle and is stronger in the post battles, and his 3 point shot looks better with a bit more arc. Rest is the same. Same kind of player. He is an all star talent, not more than that. Knicks should have traded him when Phil was willing to, because if you didn't 100 percent buy into him as the franchise player then was the right time. Shame that they took so long to make that decision, because Phil was willing to make that decision sooner for them and even get the heat for it. In hindsight the Knicks trade him then, and get Lauri and Devin Booker, to go with Frank that summer. They tank, and get some good young players and keep Hornachek as coach. I think they're in a better place today. Horny would have gotten a lot out of Frank, Devin and Lauri and by 2021 those 3 have peaked together.

Typical Knicks, man. I don't care that they traded away KP. KP with his health problems is not a superstar that can carry your franchise. Dallas is in a different spot where they can lean on Luka Doncic and KP can rest, not carry the franchise, and be an elite second guy. We were not going anywhere with him as the max player because we had no talent around KP. But damn, trade him when his value is something. Bid him up. Anything. They did it so fast, I don't think they even wanted to deal with the media heat and distraction a KP trade talk would have endured. But that would have led to a much better deal for the Knicks.

I guess they truly bought that Durant-Kyrie koolaid.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2019  12:54 PM
They took KP out of the game with 2 minutes to go and Dallas got it shyt together to beat Pelicans. They are managing KP minutes. Im not hoping for his decline but 20 months later he not in shape?? Or is this the best it gets? Fatique was an issue here. He looks good and Im glad to see he is still crashing the rim.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

10/27/2019  1:58 PM
LegendD wrote:Season has started and immediately seen that Mark Cuban is amazing genius stealing superstar KP from Knicks and giving in return trash DSjr and some picks.

Personally I'll wait more than 3 games to judge the trade -- we're getting two #1's so let's see how those turn out. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually works in Dallas's favor -- KP is a talented player. He's also a douchebag.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/27/2019  6:57 PM
Warriors were down 30 @ the half vs OKC!! Gonna be a long season for Dub Nation and I ain't mad at it
LegendD
Latvia
10/27/2019  7:51 PM
Woow KP with step back 3!!! He is on fire!!!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2019  8:59 PM
Nets lose in ot. Nets schedule had them opening against three lottery teams. They are 1-2. Morant is the real deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2019  9:00 PM
Mavs Reddit board rightfully calling out Knick fans for booing a 21 yr old on their team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/27/2019  9:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Nets lose in ot. Nets schedule had them opening against three lottery teams. They are 1-2. Morant is the real deal.

Morant is the truth!!! You can see the difference a really good point guard can make on a franchise....A Nets loss is always a good thing.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/27/2019  9:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Nets lose in ot. Nets schedule had them opening against three lottery teams. They are 1-2. Morant is the real deal.

Yeah, his speed with ball and vision is really translating. I haven't watched them yet, but his shooting still seems sketchy from the box score.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/27/2019  9:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Mavs Reddit board rightfully calling out Knick fans for booing a 21 yr old on their team.

Eh, where they as vocal when their team's management was making its workplace for every attractive woman who went on a water break?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/28/2019  5:54 AM
Uptown wrote:Warriors were down 30 @ the half vs OKC!! Gonna be a long season for Dub Nation and I ain't mad at it

I never understood why writers were pegging them for the playoffs, just look at their roster. Bet they end up with a top 4 pick though.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/28/2019  8:16 AM
Ja Morant avenged RJ Barrett by blocking Kyrie's potential winning shot as the Nets set up the same way they did with the Knicks (and RJ Barrett on him). Kyrie was slightly deeper in the paint, and he figured he didn't need as big of a step back to shoot of Ja. OR... Ja watched the Knicks replay and knew it was coming. In any case, very impressive game by Morant - first great game after 2 meh games to start the season.

Regarding the Warriors: They still have Curry and Green - both bonafide all-stars. But compared to the pre-Durant team, they're missing big contributors Thompson (out), and a whole lineup worth of role players: Iguodala, Livingston, Barnes, Bogut, and Lee. And others. That was a pretty deep team. It'll take some time for D'Angelo Russell to settle in but I think they'll find a way to be playoff worthy.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/28/2019  8:20 AM
technomaster wrote:Ja Morant avenged RJ Barrett by blocking Kyrie's potential winning shot as the Nets set up the same way they did with the Knicks (and RJ Barrett on him). Kyrie was slightly deeper in the paint, and he figured he didn't need as big of a step back to shoot of Ja. OR... Ja watched the Knicks replay and knew it was coming. In any case, very impressive game by Morant - first great game after 2 meh games to start the season.

Regarding the Warriors: They still have Curry and Green - both bonafide all-stars. But compared to the pre-Durant team, they're missing big contributors Thompson (out), and a whole lineup worth of role players: Iguodala, Livingston, Barnes, Bogut, and Lee. And others. That was a pretty deep team. It'll take some time for D'Angelo Russell to settle in but I think they'll find a way to be playoff worthy.

Or they can trade D'Russ to us for guys like Morris, Portis, Ellington, Payton and future first. Giving them upgraded depth they need.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
LegendD
Latvia
10/28/2019  11:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2019  11:50 AM
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/28/2019  12:49 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
technomaster wrote:Ja Morant avenged RJ Barrett by blocking Kyrie's potential winning shot as the Nets set up the same way they did with the Knicks (and RJ Barrett on him). Kyrie was slightly deeper in the paint, and he figured he didn't need as big of a step back to shoot of Ja. OR... Ja watched the Knicks replay and knew it was coming. In any case, very impressive game by Morant - first great game after 2 meh games to start the season.

Or they can trade D'Russ to us for guys like Morris, Portis, Ellington, Payton and future first. Giving them upgraded depth they need.

this front office isn't taking back any long term salary under any circumstances, you haven't notice that. They will rather lose until thy kingdom come than to add a penny to their cap

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/28/2019  2:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2019  2:52 PM
LegendD wrote:

Why do you care? He didn't want to be here

LegendD
Latvia
10/28/2019  7:55 PM
smackeddog wrote:
LegendD wrote:

Why do you care? He didn't want to be here

He is my favorite player in NBA now!
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy