Around the NBA 2019-20
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/24/2019  11:36 AM
Marv wrote:wow kyrie last night

this is what he said he wanted last year as he drove the celtics into the ground - the freedom to hoist away all night. pity his 50 wasn't in a win.

if durant ever heals i hope he enjoys westbrook II

Burned!

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/24/2019  7:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2019  7:43 PM
Knicksfan wrote:

this is what he said he wanted last year as he drove the celtics into the ground - the freedom to hoist away all night. pity his 50 wasn't in a win.

Burned!

Real burn. Agree, the guy probably cant gel with a superstar. Cuz he never has before? Let me guess, neither of you saw the game? He brought the Nets back from a big deficit. Made a nice dish with seconds left only to see his team mate miss 2 foul shots.
Don"t get the Haterade fans think will make themselves feel better. Kyrie can ball. Despite all the haters that said his face was broken, over the hill, and kiled the Celts he drops 50 on a decent Minny team. Heck, I Wanted him on the Knicks but he chose the Nyets. Move on.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/24/2019  11:26 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Burned!

Real burn. Agree, the guy probably cant gel with a superstar. Cuz he never has before? Let me guess, neither of you saw the game? He brought the Nets back from a big deficit. Made a nice dish with seconds left only to see his team mate miss 2 foul shots.
Don"t get the Haterade fans think will make themselves feel better. Kyrie can ball. Despite all the haters that said his face was broken, over the hill, and kiled the Celts he drops 50 on a decent Minny team. Heck, I Wanted him on the Knicks but he chose the Nyets. Move on.

move on? nothing to move on from. i never wanted the guy. if he was the price to pay for a healthy kd i was willing to pay it, but that’s it. once kd went down - no way.

yeah he can ball. and yeah he was brilliant down the stretch the year cleveland won it. but a guy who bolts because he’s not cool with being the 2nd best player on a lebron team? then pouts his way off boston after sabotaging their playoffs? thanks bro, help yourself to making him your megadollars face of your franchise and let him hoist 33 shots from the pg position in, of course, a loss. that’s your rebuild? i’ll pass.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/25/2019  12:24 AM
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Burned!

move on? nothing to move on from. i never wanted the guy. if he was the price to pay for a healthy kd i was willing to pay it, but that’s it. once kd went down - no way.

yeah he can ball. and yeah he was brilliant down the stretch the year cleveland won it. but a guy who bolts because he’s not cool with being the 2nd best player on a lebron team? then pouts his way off boston after sabotaging their playoffs? thanks bro, help yourself to making him your megadollars face of your franchise and let him hoist 33 shots from the pg position in, of course, a loss. that’s your rebuild? i’ll pass.

Best tweet I saw about Kyrie's 50 points: You know what 50 is in Roman Numerals? L

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYDiva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4387

10/25/2019  5:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2019  10:44 PM
Kawhi Leonard. Is so ****ing good it's insane.

I don't see any team beating the Clippers this year. This dude is basically 90's Deion Sanders. Add him to a team, win a championship.

I just want him to go from team to team, bringing 'chips with him every year.

HofstraBBall

10/25/2019  8:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2019  8:20 AM
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Burned!

Yeah your right. Nobody wanted him. Specially in NY. We want guys like Ron Baker.
Look not saying I'm cheering for him vs the Knicks but disagreed with your view that he drove the Celts into the ground and implied that he is not one of the best PG's in the league. Think its just hating. And don't see the value. But okay, still worth some banter. So you would prefer a guy that likes to ride the coat tails of an NBA great and has no aspiration to do it on his own? Do you respect the guys that sign on for the Golden State bandwagon tours? And your saying the he "Sabotaged" the playoffs. So the Bucks who went on to become a top rated team had nothing to do with that? Or are you getting your facts from net bloggers that are not within team circles? If that is what you like to consider well informed than I'll passs but you can help yourself.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835417-marcus-smart-on-whether-kyrie-irving-ruined-celtics-bulls-t-thats-bulls-t

To make this more about the Knicks, which is who we both root for, I am just tired of people dogging good players that have a possibility of coming here. We continue to covet mediocre players that are fighting for the 10 spot on the rotation and continue to dismiss players that can bring us a chip. Kyrie was a possibility for the latter.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

10/25/2019  8:21 AM
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Burned!

Best tweet I saw about Kyrie's 50 points: You know what 50 is in Roman Numerals? L

I'm sure that guy saw the game as well.

HofstraBBall

10/25/2019  8:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2019  8:23 AM
NYDiva wrote:Kawhi Leonard. Is so ****ing good it's insane.

I don't see any team beating the Clippers this year. This dude is basically 90's Deon Sanders. Add him to a team, win a championship.

Thought he was the most valuable FA and hoped we traded SA for him. Although only with the possibility of him signing an extension. So many forgot how he was dominating against GS before he got hurt. Think he will go on to show that he is the best all around player in the NBA.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/25/2019  9:18 AM

I wish we had Budenholzer. He kept that team fighting last night, and was very clever in defending Harden
(5)(5)
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/25/2019  9:20 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Burned!

Yeah your right. Nobody wanted him. Specially in NY. We want guys like Ron Baker.
Look not saying I'm cheering for him vs the Knicks but disagreed with your view that he drove the Celts into the ground and implied that he is not one of the best PG's in the league. Think its just hating. And don't see the value. But okay, still worth some banter. So you would prefer a guy that likes to ride the coat tails of an NBA great and has no aspiration to do it on his own? Do you respect the guys that sign on for the Golden State bandwagon tours? And your saying the he "Sabotaged" the playoffs. So the Bucks who went on to become a top rated team had nothing to do with that? Or are you getting your facts from net bloggers that are not within team circles? If that is what you like to consider well informed than I'll passs but you can help yourself.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835417-marcus-smart-on-whether-kyrie-irving-ruined-celtics-bulls-t-thats-bulls-t

To make this more about the Knicks, which is who we both root for, I am just tired of people dogging good players that have a possibility of coming here. We continue to covet mediocre players that are fighting for the 10 spot on the rotation and continue to dismiss players that can bring us a chip. Kyrie was a possibility for the latter.

wow man couldn't disagree with you more. u watch him in the playoffs? as soon as it became evident they weren't going to win his entire body language changed to "**** it we're done and i'm outta here anyway." which he verified with saying, "I should have shot 30. I’m that great of a shooter" - after going 4 for 18, 8 for 22, 7 for 22 and 6 for 21!! leaves before the final buzzer and says, "The game was over." u want this? this is your leader? that's who you max out and whose hands you put the future of this franchise into?

and after splitting from cleveland? you say "So you would prefer a guy that likes to ride the coat tails of an NBA great and has no aspiration to do it on his own?" u have no sense of being a teammate? lebron doesn't win that title without kyrie and kyrie doesn't win it without lebron. together they beat a 73-win team! that's not incredibly gratifying and unifying? guess not to kyrie or to you.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/25/2019  10:03 AM

What in the holy heck?

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/25/2019  10:13 AM
martin wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Burned!

After BURN!

Knicks_Fan
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/25/2019  10:17 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
NYDiva wrote:Kawhi Leonard. Is so ****ing good it's insane.

I don't see any team beating the Clippers this year. This dude is basically 90's Deon Sanders. Add him to a team, win a championship.

Thought he was the most valuable FA and hoped we traded SA for him. Although only with the possibility of him signing an extension. So many forgot how he was dominating against GS before he got hurt. Think he will go on to show that he is the best all around player in the NBA.

+1
I don't think anyone could have made (or was making) a case for a deranged Uncle Drew/broken Kevin over Kawhi. Guy is just so good on both sides of the floor.

Imagine a career like that. One year mega contracts, sprinkling golden chips in your wake. Guess we're going to have to wait until he covers the midwest and the south...

HofstraBBall

10/25/2019  10:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2019  11:28 AM
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Burned!

wow man couldn't disagree with you more. u watch him in the playoffs? as soon as it became evident they weren't going to win his entire body language changed to "**** it we're done and i'm outta here anyway." which he verified with saying, "I should have shot 30. I’m that great of a shooter" - after going 4 for 18, 8 for 22, 7 for 22 and 6 for 21!! leaves before the final buzzer and says, "The game was over." u want this? this is your leader? that's who you max out and whose hands you put the future of this franchise into?

and after splitting from cleveland? you say "So you would prefer a guy that likes to ride the coat tails of an NBA great and has no aspiration to do it on his own?" u have no sense of being a teammate? lebron doesn't win that title without kyrie and kyrie doesn't win it without lebron. together they beat a 73-win team! that's not incredibly gratifying and unifying? guess not to kyrie or to you.

Did not know we were discussing how he played in the Buck series? Which everyone knows was not good. Thought we were discussing how he was sole reason for making them crash and burn? Think you were referring to his character and overall ability. Or are you saying a players worth is based on one series and not his whole career? Did you read the article above with Smart talking about the noise outside the locker room and how it was "Bull****"? So
your countering my point that you are going with outside noise with some more outside noise. And yes, I do want those kind of guys. His statement is what you want of any player who has his ability to shoot. Would you rather he said that he was just going to start passing a lot and give in to his struggles? Guess that's why they paid him all that money. I always liked playing with guys that thought they could hit the next shot regardless of their slump. Do you think superstars should stop shooting when they are struggling?

In terms of Cleveland, can you remember the circumstances? Or at least remind me? Was LBJ locked in to a max contract when he decided to "bolt" the great duo? Did LBJ hang around much longer? Fact is the main reason is that he was tired waiting around for LBJ to decide his future.

Btw, seems ironic that Knicks fans are dogging one of the best PG's in the league with what we have on the roster.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/25/2019  10:49 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler

10/25/2019  11:42 AM
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Burned!

+100

Also wanting to be the alpha, then finding out that that is hard and very sensitive to criticism so wants to reunite with a dominant player (whether that's Lebron or KD)

Then you have the flat earth stuff, hollywood stuff

We dodged a bullet

(5)(5)
Chandler

10/25/2019  11:44 AM
martin wrote:

I love Charles Barkley -- there i said it!

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall

10/25/2019  11:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2019  11:50 AM
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Burned!

+100

Also wanting to be the alpha, then finding out that that is hard and very sensitive to criticism so wants to reunite with a dominant player (whether that's Lebron or KD)

We dodged a bullet

Wait, your blaming him for wanting to be an alpha and then not wanting to be an aloha?
Flat earth? He can believe in Unicorns, Fairy God mother and anything else if he is capable of bringing a chip! Lol

By bullet, do you mean a championship?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2019  11:58 AM
DRussell was like -35 for the Warriors. OUCH
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler

10/25/2019  12:34 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Marv wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:

Burned!

+100

We dodged a bullet

Wait, your blaming him for wanting to be an alpha and then not wanting to be an aloha?
Flat earth? He can believe in Unicorns, Fairy God mother and anything else if he is capable of bringing a chip! Lol

By bullet, do you mean a championship?

He's a big whacko with an inflated ego. He has talent for sure, but not nearly as much as he thinks, and certainly not enough to be The Man he so desperately wants to be

On top of that I think his departure from the Cavs and the Celts was particularly immature and classless, only rivaled by the stuff KD has done. (On the other hand, I have a lot of respect for the way Kawhi handled things)

Kyrie was surrounded by a lot of good two-way players in Boston, and frankly they performed better without him -- certainly so in the playoffs. I live up here in Boston (hate but respect the celts). Absolutely no one is crying about his departure, and there are a lot of astute fans and announcers up here.

(5)(5)
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy