[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2019-20
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/1/2020  1:37 PM
If Dallas decided to trade KP, what do you honestly think his value is? I’m not sure, I think maybe you could get Markkanen from the bulls. Maybe Towns from the Twolves?
AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/1/2020  3:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:If Dallas decided to trade KP, what do you honestly think his value is? I’m not sure, I think maybe you could get Markkanen from the bulls. Maybe Towns from the Twolves?

With that contract and those knees? If he establishes he can stay near the court and make some hay in the playoffs his value obviously increases. But for the time being he remains a crap shoot, granted a talented one.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/1/2020  10:26 PM
Lauri has hip issues. KP might just be a 60 year kind of guy and keep fresh for playoffs.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/2/2020  12:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:If Dallas decided to trade KP, what do you honestly think his value is? I’m not sure, I think maybe you could get Markkanen from the bulls. Maybe Towns from the Twolves?

His contract sucks. No way KP could get you Towns. Maybe Lauri.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
2/2/2020  1:04 AM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/2/2020  1:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2020  1:13 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Man, bad luck. I hope this isn't serious. I'm not a Brooklyn fan, but this could be brutal.

They're calling it a knee sprain.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
2/2/2020  3:42 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Ouch!

Nets had better not miss the playoffs then win a top 4 lottery pick while we drop down to 7-9- that would be the icing on the cake

Nalod
USA
2/2/2020  10:03 AM
Brooklyn pick to ATL protected 1-14.
They have GS pic this year but its protected 1-20.
Nets could jump us. Never know.
smackeddog
2/2/2020  12:03 PM
Nalod wrote:Brooklyn pick to ATL protected 1-14.

Ack!!! I'm preparing myself for this scenario!

CrushAlot
USA
2/2/2020  1:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Nets are the seventh seed despite being horrible. I think they will make the playoffs. Despite all the hoopla for getting the 7th seed and a first round exit last year, there wasn't a seventh seed parade. Maybe that changes this year.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2020  2:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Nets are the seventh seed despite being horrible. I think they will make the playoffs. Despite all the hoopla for getting the 7th seed and a first round exit last year, there wasn't a seventh seed parade. Maybe that changes this year.

Haha haha

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
2/2/2020  4:00 PM
Lillard on an absolute tear lately:

51 Points, 12 Assists, 2 Rebounds
48 Points, 10 Assists, 9 Rebounds
36 Points, 11 Assists, 12 Rebounds
50 Points, 12 Assists, 6 Rebounds
47 Points, 8 Assists, 6 Rebounds
61 Points, 7 Assists, 10 Rebounds

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/3/2020  5:01 PM
smackeddog wrote:Lillard on an absolute tear lately:

I use to argue with a friend over who's better, Dame or Kyrie. Maybe the real argument should be who's better, Dame or Steph. Same has had some Herculean performances lately. Is Melo showing he can make other players better hahaha
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/4/2020  7:43 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I use to argue with a friend over who's better, Dame or Kyrie. Maybe the real argument should be who's better, Dame or Steph. Same has had some Herculean performances lately. Is Melo showing he can make other players better hahaha

No, I will not comment on the Melo snark.

But in other news, I think he does make Whiteside look better. Lets Hassan get all the showy blocks.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/4/2020  10:31 AM

His trade value is fluid. But why would Dallas want to trade him? They are not the Knicks.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/4/2020  10:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2020  10:41 AM
SHOTS FIRED...Brooks on Iguodala.

Morris is the complete opposite, and he's 10x better than AI

It’s not a distraction at all,” he continued. “I laugh at that type of stuff. A guy that’s on our team doesn’t want to be on our team. I can’t wait til we find a way to trade him so we can play him and show him what really Memphis is about.”

Before long, Ja Morant had offered his own seal of approval when he retweeted the quote with an emoji. Then Bleacher Report and ESPN and just about every other national outlet that covers the NBA had picked up on it.

Ja Morant

Dillon Brooks on Andre Iguodala: “I cant wait til we find a way to trade him so we can play him and show him really what Memphis is about.”

How often do you ever hear an NBA player talk this way about another player and, in this situation, a teammate in name only?

But thank goodness someone had the guts to say it.

Because there appears to be a growing chorus of national commentators taking Iguodala’s side in this stand-off. The insinuation is that the Grizzlies have somehow wronged this 36-year-old veteran who averaged 5.7 points per game last season in Golden State due to their unwillingness to trade him or buy out the $17 million remaining on his contract so that he can go play for the Lakers or the Clippers or some other NBA title contender.

Never mind that the Golden State, the contender Iguodala helped win three NBA titles, were the ones who traded him in a salary dump to a team he didn’t want to play for in the first place.

Never mind that the Grizzlies were perfectly content to have Iguodala play for them this season and mentor their young roster if he had wanted to play here.

Never mind that when it became clear Iguodala had no interest in playing in Memphis, the Grizzlies were still willing to create an arrangement in which Iguodala got to train in Los Angeles, not play basketball this season and still earn his $17 million.

And what did the Grizzlies get in return from Iguodala?

A bunch of orchestrated media leaks less than 72 hours before the NBA’s trade deadline in a thinly veiled attempt to force his way to the team of his liking, or the buyout he always wanted in the first place.

Iguodala is entitled to do all this, by the way. The NBA is a business, never more so than at the trade deadline, and he should use whatever leverage he’s got.

But the Grizzlies shouldn’t be criticized for treating him the exact same way. They are doing exactly what they should be doing – waiting for the best possible offer in exchange for the asset they earned through their own prudent decision to acquire Iguodala in the first place.

Right up until 2 p.m. Thursday if that’s what it takes.

It’s really refreshing, actually, watching this new Grizzlies’ front office operate in near silence, in a position of power, after an offseason in which each successive move they made inspired more confidence.

Remember the cluelessness of two years ago? When former general manager Chris Wallace kept insisting the Grizzles needed to get a first-round draft pick for Tyreke Evans. When he ended up not trading Evans at all during a season Memphis tanked, and then didn’t re-sign Evans, either.

Remember the sadness of last year? When Marc Gasol got traded to Toronto and Mike Conley was on the trading block. When, as Jae Crowder put it, opponents came to FedExForum and thought, “It’s an automatic win.” When it felt like this franchise was going nowhere fast.

Well, it’s somewhere bordering on sublime all of a sudden, with the Grizzlies in control of the Western Conference's No. 8 seed if the playoffs were to start today, with the reigning Western Conference coach of the month and rookie of the year front runner in tow.

And it all happened much faster than any of us thought, even after Iguodala wouldn’t deign to be a part of it.

He could have, for instance, treated this whole situation like Crowder did when he came to Memphis on an expiring contract in the Conley trade with Utah.

Crowder embraced a leadership role with these young Grizzlies, well aware he might be traded this week. It’s to the point now that this group of 20-somethings is openly campaigning for Crowder to remain in Memphis.

“They have my back, obviously, but I’m just trying to let them know it’s a business,” Crowder said. “Don’t get too caught up in everything. This whole league is a business. Whatever happens, I hope it’s beneficial to both sides.”

Crowder, by the way, was much more diplomatic than Brooks when speaking about Iguodala Monday.

He called Iguodala a Hall of Famer and said Iguodala has handled this situation with the Grizzlies professionally. He talked about how these Grizzlies still must win more to earn the respect of older players, so they can “realize what’s special here in Memphis.”

But I like the way Brooks said it better.

So Andre, in case you didn’t get the message Monday night, Memphis can’t wait until the Grizzlies find a way to trade you.

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/4/2020  11:29 AM
Yikes, this is a team with 2 #1 picks on the team both at max salary and they still suck

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
2/4/2020  11:56 AM
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

But in other news, I think he does make Whiteside look better. Lets Hassan get all the showy blocks.

But you did and you do. You are the ultimate defender of all things Melo.
In the era of the me first athlete its admirable.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/5/2020  8:47 AM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

But you did and you do. You are the ultimate defender of all things Melo.
In the era of the me first athlete its admirable.

Well, if nothing else, it distracts you momentarily from the drunk uncle...

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/5/2020  9:43 AM
martin wrote:Yikes, this is a team with 2 #1 picks on the team both at max salary and they still suck

what a mess. it's tough to build team chemistry with ball hogs who don't play D.

Someplace Jimmy Butler is saying, "I told you so..."

(5)(5)
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy