[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2019-20
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/20/2020  4:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Irving is having a tough year. Both with injuries and PR. However, was the plan for them to win this year? Think the signing will be judged by how they do next year. If they win or get to the finals, all this will be forgotten and the Nets will be winners in everyone's eyes. We will still be figuring things out how in seventh year of rebuild and 20 years of futility other than one good year with Melo.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/20/2020  4:56 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Irving is having a tough year. Both with injuries and PR. However, was the plan for them to win this year? Think the signing will be judged by how they do next year. If they win or get to the finals, all this will be forgotten and the Nets will be winners in everyone's eyes. We will still be figuring things out how in seventh year of rebuild and 20 years of futility other than one good year with Melo.

The plan was for them to be a playoff team and they've looked like one at times, with Kyrie out the lineup. You're right, no one will remember if they make a deep playoff run next year. But you gotta wonder, with KD in load management for the majority of next season and the results they've had with Kyrie. Also, to be fair, they miss Caris. But he always seems to miss long stretches during the season. Are you confident enough to say they're a title contender next season?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/20/2020  11:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2020  11:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Nets are stuck with him for the long haul. Dont believe even LeBron would deal with Kyrie at this point. Wouldnt be surprised if Durant was traded before his contract is up for draft picks, if Kyrie is a bust next season. Wouldnt be surprised if Durant forced a trade.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/21/2020  10:07 AM
Level. Kyrie just does not say it right. He is not evil and most teammates are cool with him. Really, its not that important what he says. Its what he does.
He is not the sharpest crayon in the box. I don't think he is comparing himself to MLK, I think he is trying to get a message that the media is eating his words and throwing it out there. They are.
His statements just don't come out as it might be in his mind. Just like mine.
HofstraBBall

1/21/2020  12:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The plan was for them to be a playoff team and they've looked like one at times, with Kyrie out the lineup. You're right, no one will remember if they make a deep playoff run next year. But you gotta wonder, with KD in load management for the majority of next season and the results they've had with Kyrie. Also, to be fair, they miss Caris. But he always seems to miss long stretches during the season. Are you confident enough to say they're a title contender next season?

I do. They have good young pieces and Irving to help him. No matter what people keep bringing up about Kyrie, he is one of the best guards out there and impossible to stop if he is on. As for Durant, I feel the same about him as I felt about Kawai when he got hurt. Everyone forgot in one year how good he was. Prior to getting hurt he was one of the best players on the planet. Everyone was quickly reminded with Toronto. Durant WAS the best player on the planet. Imo. I am also sure they will juggle the roster a bit and bring on some highly discounted pieces, who are looking to win a chip, to help. GS effect.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BigDaddyG

1/21/2020  3:28 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I do. They have good young pieces and Irving to help him. No matter what people keep bringing up about Kyrie, he is one of the best guards out there and impossible to stop if he is on. As for Durant, I feel the same about him as I felt about Kawai when he got hurt. Everyone forgot in one year how good he was. Prior to getting hurt he was one of the best players on the planet. Everyone was quickly reminded with Toronto. Durant WAS the best player on the planet. Imo. I am also sure they will juggle the roster a bit and bring on some highly discounted pieces, who are looking to win a chip, to help. GS effect.

No one disputes the talent. But three of their best players have serious injury concerns. KD at 80% is still one of the best players in the world. But I believe he's going to be under serious load management. I'd do it after the investment that's been made in him. Even if things go perfectly, Milwaukee and Philly are probably still better. Probably the Celtics too. Who knows what other tweaks the Heat and Toronto make? I wouldn't pencil them in for the final,Eastern Conference or NBA.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/21/2020  4:00 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This year was supposed to be different for Irving. He was supposed to be happy because he finally chose where he wanted to play and was playing for the team he rooted for growing up. It hasn't been that at all. His PR issues started with the trip to China in the preseason. Irving is a fantastic talent but there maybe too much wrong there to overcome. I am glad he isn't a Knick.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/21/2020  4:21 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Nets are stuck with him for the long haul. Dont believe even LeBron would deal with Kyrie at this point. Wouldnt be surprised if Durant was traded before his contract is up for draft picks, if Kyrie is a bust next season. Wouldnt be surprised if Durant forced a trade.

The Nets managed to do it again. LMAO

Can you imagine if KD never plays a game for them? And Kyrie sticks because even China doesn't want to deal with him?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/21/2020  7:06 PM
jrodmc wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The Nets managed to do it again. LMAO

Can you imagine if KD never plays a game for them? And Kyrie sticks because even China doesn't want to deal with him?

KD might have thought that Kyrie would be less of a distraction with him there. If he did, Durant would be wrong. Still might stick up for Kyrie, but if this is a sneak preview of next season. Kyrie missing a lot of games, lots of drama, putting all the blame on others, I dont see Durant content ro ride out his deal. Not at his age.

Probably thought he had a puncher's chance at a chip with this roster, and Kyrie. Will be interesting to see what happens if he comes to the conclusion that isnt the case.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/21/2020  8:10 PM
Durant thinking about his on court talent. He on the court healthy thats the goal. The rest is noise. Its noisy. They’ll figure it out.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/22/2020  11:47 AM
Oh wow, didn’t know these details

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG

1/22/2020  12:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2020  12:32 PM
Hope he accepts the help.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/23/2020  3:52 AM
Porter Jr was looking good for the Nuggets, but is now out with back issue- not surprising but a shame.
martin
USA
1/30/2020  4:26 PM

martin
USA
1/31/2020  9:59 PM
KP had a good game against Houston without Doncic.

Rockets tallest player that played was PJ Tucker

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161364

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/31/2020  10:04 PM
Nalod wrote:Durant thinking about his on court talent. He on the court healthy thats the goal. The rest is noise. Its noisy. They’ll figure it out.

Smart people can always figure it out... Not Kyrie...
Some people took sht claiming the Earth is round...
Still would take it from Kyrie..

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/31/2020  10:37 PM
martin wrote:KP had a good game against Houston without Doncic.

I haven’t looked up all the stats but he puts up better numbers when Luca is out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG

1/31/2020  10:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I haven’t looked up all the stats but he puts up better numbers when Luca is out.

I remember a couple of games earlier in the season where KP was in the mid-post calling for the ball and Luca would waive him off. I thought KP looked frustrated in those instances, but I could be reading too much into things. When Luca is in KP is relegated to more of a floor spacer. Can't argue with Carlisle on that. Luca is usually the better option. But I wonder if KP sees it that way.
HofstraBBall

2/1/2020  8:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2020  8:51 AM
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:Durant thinking about his on court talent. He on the court healthy thats the goal. The rest is noise. Its noisy. They’ll figure it out.

Smart people can always figure it out... Not Kyrie...
Some people took sht claiming the Earth is round...
Still would take it from Kyrie..

HofstraBBall

2/1/2020  11:23 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I remember a couple of games earlier in the season where KP was in the mid-post calling for the ball and Luca would waive him off. I thought KP looked frustrated in those instances, but I could be reading too much into things. When Luca is in KP is relegated to more of a floor spacer. Can't argue with Carlisle on that. Luca is usually the better option. But I wonder if KP sees it that way.

Seen the same. Luka definitely makes sure KP knowa who is the alpha.

Good game for KP without him.

Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy