CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/10/2020  10:40 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Another nice game by Melo. Can't get much more efficient than 28 pts on 17 shots. And best defensive rating next to Whiteside. The return of Olympic Dad Melo.
Lillard is an absolute freak. How long will it be before Stotts has him unleashing half court 3's? Multiple highlights being labeled "See Lillard's 47 foot three"

Melo really hasn't been that efficient from offense overall. He's shooting a nice percentage from three. He should take more. Haven't really watched Portland. Wonder if Stotts is just keeping him in the mid-range area to make more space for the guards.

Not talking about overall, just this one game, where he also extended his clutch shots lead over anyone playing since 2003.

When you've got the backcourt that Portland has (when McCollum shows up), Melo ends up taking more mid range, even though there's lots of hate for the long 2. He's getting some games where he's wide open from 3, but from what little I've actually seen, he's still playing bully ball as well.

Biggest difference is that Portland is not sticking him in the corner and looking for him to just be a 3pt shooter. Coach is letting him post up and play mid range.

Stotts is a really good coach. D'Antoni sucks. Got to see the suck in NY. I do wonder if Melo finally healed from his knee surgery. He looks a lot better than he did in OKC.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/10/2020  10:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Another nice game by Melo. Can't get much more efficient than 28 pts on 17 shots. And best defensive rating next to Whiteside. The return of Olympic Dad Melo.
Lillard is an absolute freak. How long will it be before Stotts has him unleashing half court 3's? Multiple highlights being labeled "See Lillard's 47 foot three"

Melo really hasn't been that efficient from offense overall. He's shooting a nice percentage from three. He should take more. Haven't really watched Portland. Wonder if Stotts is just keeping him in the mid-range area to make more space for the guards.

Not talking about overall, just this one game, where he also extended his clutch shots lead over anyone playing since 2003.

When you've got the backcourt that Portland has (when McCollum shows up), Melo ends up taking more mid range, even though there's lots of hate for the long 2. He's getting some games where he's wide open from 3, but from what little I've actually seen, he's still playing bully ball as well.

Biggest difference is that Portland is not sticking him in the corner and looking for him to just be a 3pt shooter. Coach is letting him post up and play mid range.

Stotts is a really good coach. D'Antoni sucks. Got to see the suck in NY. I do wonder if Melo finally healed from his knee surgery. He looks a lot better than he did in OKC.

You are showing your blind spot with the Dantoni hate

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
1/10/2020  11:04 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Maybe. Thought it was a big mistake for Melo to go play for a guy that waited five years for his career to take an upswing before trashing Melo. I don't think Mike ever wins a championship. I don't think he adapts to his roster and I think his short rotations destroy his team when the playoffs come around.
martin
USA
1/10/2020  11:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Maybe. Thought it was a big mistake for Melo to go play for a guy that waited five years for his career to take an upswing before trashing Melo. I don't think Mike ever wins a championship. I don't think he adapts to his roster and I think his short rotations destroy his team when the playoffs come around.

On the other hand Mike ushered in the modern NBA, made a god of Harden, has made the finals, won Coach of the year with 2 different teams.

You know who also shortened rotations during playoffs? Pat Riley and nearly every other deep playoff coach.

CrushAlot
USA
1/11/2020  1:07 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

On the other hand Mike ushered in the modern NBA, made a god of Harden, has made the finals, won Coach of the year with 2 different teams.

You know who also shortened rotations during playoffs? Pat Riley and nearly every other deep playoff coach.

We disagree about D’Antoni but to me Melo looks better than he did his last year with the Knicks. Maybe he is just finally healthy and needed the time off.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/11/2020  1:28 PM
KP will miss his 7th straight game tonight. When he plays he is a very good player. Mavs miss him.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/11/2020  2:15 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

That's the playoff tho. How many times does Harden have to tire out in the post-season before Stache learns to let his foot up in the regular season. And I'll always harp on his ability to make all the talent in his roster connect with his system. Forget Melo, look at CP3. He looked washed in Houston last year.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/13/2020  8:52 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

That's the playoff tho. How many times does Harden have to tire out in the post-season before Stache learns to let his foot up in the regular season. And I'll always harp on his ability to make all the talent in his roster connect with his system. Forget Melo, look at CP3. He looked washed in Houston last year.

And he ran Stat into the ground in less than half a season here before Melo arrived. He gets great regular season results. But he and his immense ego are his own worst enemies. It's a credit to the Beard and his type of play that Pringles hasn't managed to destroy his legs as well.

Would love to know what type of player Mike was in Italy that he thinks killing his stars is the pathway to ultimate success. Is this what he did when winning all those titles in Italy? I don't have the ambition or the time to go research all that Euro crap though.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2020  1:03 PM
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

And he ran Stat into the ground in less than half a season here before Melo arrived. He gets great regular season results. But he and his immense ego are his own worst enemies. It's a credit to the Beard and his type of play that Pringles hasn't managed to destroy his legs as well.

Would love to know what type of player Mike was in Italy that he thinks killing his stars is the pathway to ultimate success. Is this what he did when winning all those titles in Italy? I don't have the ambition or the time to go research all that Euro crap though.

That's it? All the years in PHX were he was COY, made Nash from all star to twice MVP and Amare for years a force?
In the era they had spurs and Lakers out west?
None of that counts?
My view is he gets the max from these guys and thus the expectations are enhanced come playoff time and like many fans its "So, it dont' mean anyting unless you win a chip!" Its a good question but if you don't play the beard you won't have the regular season record. Its a catch 22 scenario. Also is they are not a very deep team. I think MDA takes teams farther.
He is in the George Karl/Don Nelson group (includes others) that were really great coaches but no chip to validate.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/13/2020  2:31 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

That's it? All the years in PHX were he was COY, made Nash from all star to twice MVP and Amare for years a force?
None of that counts?
My view is he gets the max from these guys and thus the expectations are enhanced come playoff time and like many fans its "So, it dont' mean anyting unless you win a chip!" Its a good question but if you don't play the beard you won't have the regular season record. Its a catch 22 scenario. Also is they are not a very deep team. I think MDA takes teams farther.
He is in the George Karl/Don Nelson group (includes others) that were really great coaches but no chip to validate.

Catch 22 indeed. He gets max from them and the beard and they win MVP's and Amare and his knees become an uninsurable force. What did he do during his tenure here again?

So COY is all you need to validate having an MVP and creating "forces" but not going anywhere near a chip come the varsity season (as tkf would have said)? Would a really great coach realize your thing about not having a very deep team and doing something other than running your "forces" into the ground? Is that a good question?

Nalod always has interesting takes on things that somehow smell slightly off. George Karl was great. Pringles was great. Phil was great. Am I sensing a pattern?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2020  4:41 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

None of that counts?

Catch 22 indeed. He gets max from them and the beard and they win MVP's and Amare and his knees become an uninsurable force. What did he do during his tenure here again?

So COY is all you need to validate having an MVP and creating "forces" but not going anywhere near a chip come the varsity season (as tkf would have said)? Would a really great coach realize your thing about not having a very deep team and doing something other than running your "forces" into the ground? Is that a good question?

Nalod always has interesting takes on things that somehow smell slightly off. George Karl was great. Pringles was great. Phil was great. Am I sensing a pattern?

all time winningest coaches.....

1.Don Nelson - 1,335
2.Lenny Wilkins - 1,332
3.GREGG POPOVICH - 1,222
4.Jerry Sloan - 1,221
5.Pat Riley - 1,210
6.George Karl - 1,175
7.Phil Jackson - 1,155
8.Larry Brown - 1,098
9.Rick Adelman - 1,042
10.Bill Fitch - 944

MDA
As a player....
2× EuroLeague champion (1987, 1988)
5× LBA champion (1982, 1985–1987, 1989)
2× Italian Cup winner (1986, 1987)
Korać Cup champion (1985)
FIBA Intercontinental Cup champion (1987)
50 Greatest Contributors in EuroLeague History (2008)
No. 8 retired by Olimpia Milano

As coach:
2× NBA Coach of the Year (2005, 2017)
2× NBA All-Star Game head coach (2007, 2018)
NBCA Co-Coach of the Year (2017)
2× LBA champion (1997, 2002)
Italian Cup winner (1995)
Italian Supercup winner (2001)
Saporta Cup champion (1995)
Korać Cup champion (1993)

I think MDA gonna be in the Basketball HOF. Tell me again, what is the pattern?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/14/2020  4:01 PM
Some NBA news, Zion is playing sat. afternoon vs. the Clips. And Kat has missed the last 14 games. That should end the discussions..better.
martin
USA
1/14/2020  6:08 PM
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/15/2020  4:16 AM
I'm jealous of the Griz right now- Jackson Jr and Morant are two great piece to build round, wish we'd landed high enough in the drafts to get them. Clarke and Melton are great advance stats guys. They just have a nice future- already looking like they might make the playoffs this season (which is good as they owe this years first rounder to Boston and it's top 6 protected, then unprotected next year), Iggy is probably looking silly for sitting out the year.
CrushAlot
USA
1/15/2020  9:59 PM
Porzingis out again.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/16/2020  9:34 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28493556/kyrie-irving-says-team-needs-glaring-nets-fall-76ers%3fplatform=amp

Kyrie said in essence after going 6-21 in a loss that the Nets need to make some roster moves.

"I mean, it's transparent. It's out there. It's glaring, in terms of the pieces that we need in order to be at that next level," Irving said after finishing with 14 points on 6-for-21 shooting in Brooklyn's 117-106 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday at Wells Fargo Center.

"I'm going to continue to reiterate it. We're going to do the best with the guys that we have in our locker room now, and we'll worry about all the other stuff, in terms of moving pieces and everything else, as an organization down the line in the summer.

Im sure the Nets were thrilled to hear this.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/16/2020  11:05 AM
GustavBahler wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28493556/kyrie-irving-says-team-needs-glaring-nets-fall-76ers%3fplatform=amp

Kyrie said in essence after going 6-21 in a loss that the Nets need to make some roster moves.

"I mean, it's transparent. It's out there. It's glaring, in terms of the pieces that we need in order to be at that next level," Irving said after finishing with 14 points on 6-for-21 shooting in Brooklyn's 117-106 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday at Wells Fargo Center.

"I'm going to continue to reiterate it. We're going to do the best with the guys that we have in our locker room now, and we'll worry about all the other stuff, in terms of moving pieces and everything else, as an organization down the line in the summer.

Why did he think it was a good idea to say that after his second game back (in which he was -29)?! How does he not get how much that would p'off the team who have played well and kept the team afloat and in the playoffs while he's been out injured?! Imagine if he'd signed with us, it would be worse that Marbury in terms of coverage generated!

martin
USA
1/16/2020  11:14 AM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28493556/kyrie-irving-says-team-needs-glaring-nets-fall-76ers%3fplatform=amp

Why did he think it was a good idea to say that after his second game back (in which he was -29)?! How does he not get how much that would p'off the team who have played well and kept the team afloat and in the playoffs while he's been out injured?! Imagine if he'd signed with us, it would be worse that Marbury in terms of coverage generated!

and this is the personality of Kyrie that his team has to deal with on top of everything else.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/16/2020  1:34 PM
smackeddog wrote:

kyrie did praise those guys for keeping it a float..

But after winning ring, he does know what it takes

ES
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/16/2020  1:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

We disagree about D’Antoni but to me Melo looks better than he did his last year with the Knicks. Maybe he is just finally healthy and needed the time off.

Or maybe he's just playing with the type of PG's he never had a chance to play with.

Just think, when he was 3rd in MVP votes, he had Kidd and Felton playing at a high level

ES
Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy