[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Around the NBA 2019-20
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/17/2019  8:58 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Vintage Melo so far tonight against the Clips. Stotts letting Melo take the mud range and play in the post.

Nice game for Melo

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/17/2019  9:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2019  9:03 AM
Nalod wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
LegendD wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
LegendD wrote:

Why do you care? He didn't want to be here

He is my favorite player in NBA now!
now I remember you. You are just a KP flunkie. Better enjoy it before he gets tired again 😂

Is it me, or does the body language seem icy at times between Luka and KP. Is KP cool with the fact that Luka gonna be Luka and iso?

I hope so. KP imploding makes our 2 1st round picks more valuable.

Are you preying on players downfall..

I'm going to put your name next to the definition of a hater..

KP is much much stronger than he ever was, doesn't have the load he had to carry as a knick either.

They could also could afford to rest him on back to backs keeping him fresh .

Dallas in 4th place in the West. Too soon?

With GS depleted and Portand struggling with the rise of traditionally cellar dwelling teams to some level of respectability (Suns, Sac).......and SAS not up to historical standards I think the West is either experiencing parity or overall decline.
On paper Lakers should not have been this good and Clippers as well. neither team has the depth of Denver.
KP in his first 20 games looks good. His proclamation "never felt better" has not translated as he fades in games closing.
Mavs are 4-3 against .500 teams. Denver is 6-1. Lakers are 3-3, Mil 6-3, Raptors 3-4, Clips 6-3, Phil 4-3, Hou 4-6.
Maybe as their schedule gets tougher it might be more telling. Too early? Mav's 9-3 vs. sub. .500. 0-2 vs. Knicks!
Too early.

No Luka. Beat the Bucks now in 3rd.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/17/2019  10:53 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Vintage Melo so far tonight against the Clips. Stotts letting Melo take the mud range and play in the post.

Nice game for Melo

4-6 from 3 and 3 vintage slap blocks. Lol I'd like to say Phoenix just sucks, but they've got a better record.

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

12/18/2019  12:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2019  12:39 PM

I dislike Douchezingis and was not upset by the trade at all. However, at least for this Luka-less run, you have have to be impressed. We knew he was talented -- we'll see how it plays out in the long run though.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/20/2019  12:56 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

I dislike Douchezingis and was not upset by the trade at all. However, at least for this Luka-less run, you have have to be impressed. We knew he was talented -- we'll see how it plays out in the long run though.

That's always been the hinge point with KP. Freak level generational talent, but brittle; which has also meant no playoffs. It will be mildly interesting to see if he just ends up being Yao Ming 2.

LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
12/21/2019  1:45 AM
KP starts to take his old form back... Dominate against Bucks and now with 76ers.. monster dunks, deep 3s and rebounding and defense is amazing (18 boards last game)
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/21/2019  11:38 AM

Crazy! Our future would be looking so much better if we'd landed the 2nd pick instead of the 3rd- Ack!

smackeddog
12/22/2019  4:04 AM
Hassan Whiteside is getting zero hype, but he's putting up some impressive numbers for the Blazers- in December he's averaging 17.3pts 15 rebounds 3.6 blocks on 65.5 FG%
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/22/2019  8:31 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Crazy! Our future would be looking so much better if we'd landed the 2nd pick instead of the 3rd- Ack!

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/22/2019  11:04 AM
Uptown wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

let’s see how this plays out. dsj was jumping like that in his rookie year too.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/22/2019  11:39 AM
Marv wrote:
Uptown wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Unlike DSJ, this dude also knows how to set up teammates in the open court. He also hasn't Keith Smart destroy his shot in the off-season. Dude needs to be less reckless, but I this might the last time he's ever mentioned with DSJ in the same conversation.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/22/2019  12:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Marv wrote:
Uptown wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Unlike DSJ, this dude also knows how to set up teammates in the open court. He also hasn't Keith Smart destroy his shot in the off-season. Dude needs to be less reckless, but I this might the last time he's ever mentioned with DSJ in the same conversation.

I’ve heard people say Morant plays as much defense as DSJr

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/22/2019  2:37 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Marv wrote:
Uptown wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I’ve heard people say Morant plays as much defense as DSJr

Ok, maybe this will be the last time they're names are mentioned in the same sentence hahaha Seriously, Ja already has a way higher understanding of how to navigate the pick and roll than DSJ has ever shown. Ja still needs to work on D, but he's young and still maturing physically.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/22/2019  11:42 PM
A.D. may have knee injury. Still playing. Lakers look like they are going to lose at home to the Nuggets.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
12/23/2019  4:18 AM
CrushAlot wrote:A.D. may have knee injury. Still playing. Lakers look like they are going to lose at home to the Nuggets.

I still think the Lakers championship hopes get lost to injury, don't think we'll get to see them at full strength come playoff time.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/23/2019  9:30 AM
Grass is always greener. Trae Young puts up good numbers but defense is awful and they still suck.
Morant is athletic and it would have been good to have had the 2 pick. On this team we'd be picking him apart and wishing we had RJ Barrett becuase of his "potential"!
Its what we do until we start becoming relevant. I'd finish by saying "again", but its been so long. In fact we actually think the 54 win season was sustainable and knicks management ruined it!!!! LOL. The future was in Bargnani's hands. 5 players retired and Pablo at age 53 was our glue.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/23/2019  11:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2019  11:37 AM
Nalod wrote:Grass is always greener. Trae Young puts up good numbers but defense is awful and they still suck.
Morant is athletic and it would have been good to have had the 2 pick. On this team we'd be picking him apart and wishing we had RJ Barrett becuase of his "potential"!
Its what we do until we start becoming relevant. I'd finish by saying "again", but its been so long. In fact we actually think the 54 win season was sustainable and knicks management ruined it!!!! LOL. The future was in Bargnani's hands. 5 players retired and Pablo at age 53 was our glue.

i think there's a difference.

if a rookie contract player has legit skills, you will see them put up some big stat games a bunch of times regardless of who else is on the roster. not one decent game, followed by 3 duds. you will see them put up stats way more consistently. these are the type of players that can break out into a potential all star type of player. not necessarily that they will, but the chance is higher for them to achieve it.

but if rookie contract guys don't show this type of stat consistency, then i think history shows they peak at role player status (like 3rd option and below) and the chances to breakout to a top 2 guy on a team is much smaller.

guys like trae and ja are imposing their will on a team. trae did it as a rookie and ja is doing it as a rookie. porzingis showed it as a rookie.

when you compare that to guys like knox and frank, it's night and day. rj is tbd since it's only 30 games into the rookie campaign.

robinson *may* have that potential b/c he's a freak athlete but i don't think he knows how to play basketball - and these type of players won't flourish on the team that drafted them.

Nalod
USA
12/23/2019  1:25 PM
djsunyc wrote:
Nalod wrote:Grass is always greener. Trae Young puts up good numbers but defense is awful and they still suck.

if a rookie contract player has legit skills, you will see them put up some big stat games a bunch of times regardless of who else is on the roster. not one decent game, followed by 3 duds. you will see them put up stats way more consistently. these are the type of players that can break out into a potential all star type of player. not necessarily that they will, but the chance is higher for them to achieve it.

but if rookie contract guys don't show this type of stat consistency, then i think history shows they peak at role player status (like 3rd option and below) and the chances to breakout to a top 2 guy on a team is much smaller.

guys like trae and ja are imposing their will on a team. trae did it as a rookie and ja is doing it as a rookie. porzingis showed it as a rookie.

when you compare that to guys like knox and frank, it's night and day. rj is tbd since it's only 30 games into the rookie campaign.

robinson *may* have that potential b/c he's a freak athlete but i don't think he knows how to play basketball - and these type of players won't flourish on the team that drafted them.

Morant got anointed because he almost hit great dunk!
I don't disagree, my point is if those guys were knicks we'd be killing them. KP had his detractors on day one.
That's why the "grass is greener". Barrett was inconsistent at Duke. He is the same player here. Not a bad thing mind you! What he did great here he translated it. in 30 games what inconsistency he had he also took it to the next level! Young and Morant will be great pro's. Not disputing. Frank and Knox were taken were they were. Monk, Dennis, and others are similar. Donovan Mitchell was the outlier. Every draft has them. Robinson at 36th was great and yes, he is still very raw.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/23/2019  2:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

I don't disagree, my point is if those guys were knicks we'd be killing them. KP had his detractors on day one.
That's why the "grass is greener". Barrett was inconsistent at Duke. He is the same player here. Not a bad thing mind you! What he did great here he translated it. in 30 games what inconsistency he had he also took it to the next level! Young and Morant will be great pro's. Not disputing. Frank and Knox were taken were they were. Monk, Dennis, and others are similar. Donovan Mitchell was the outlier. Every draft has them. Robinson at 36th was great and yes, he is still very raw.

Bam appears to be an outlier as well. I think there will be more from the 2017 draft if you compare their success to Frank and Dennis.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
USA
12/23/2019  3:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Bam appears to be an outlier as well. I think there will be more from the 2017 draft if you compare their success to Frank and Dennis.

We don't talk about "Bam" until he got Whiteside out of the way and now butler in play. Put Frank on Miami and he might look a bit better with those shooters. Bam was a project for 2.5 years. These one and dones are not easy to predict!

Around the NBA 2019-20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy