[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Articles about Dolan Selling the Knicks
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/12/2019  9:06 PM
The comment from Kanter re-opened the discussion of Dolan selling the Knicks. Any discussion really should have a solution to the tax burden selling the Knicks would put on that family. Fortunately, I have a solution.

Dolan could sell his shares (maybe not all at once) and use the proceeds to invest in Opportunity Zones. So, his desire to build an amphitheater empire could be realized by selling his appreciated shares and using it to build amphitheaters in locations near urban centers in an Opportunity Zone and doing so would unlock huge tax benefits.

Pretty cool concept if he wanted to gradually move away from ownership but was prevented by have no tax basis in his shares. Because they are shares he could do it over time.

Just a thought.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/12/2019  9:14 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:The comment from Kanter re-opened the discussion of Dolan selling the Knicks. Any discussion really should have a solution to the tax burden selling the Knicks would put on that family. Fortunately, I have a solution.

Dolan could sell his shares (maybe not all at once) and use the proceeds to invest in Opportunity Zones. So, his desire to build an amphitheater empire could be realized by selling his appreciated shares and using it to build amphitheaters in locations near urban centers in an Opportunity Zone and doing so would unlock huge tax benefits.

Pretty cool concept if he wanted to gradually move away from ownership but was prevented by have no tax basis in his shares. Because they are shares he could do it over time.

Just a thought.

MSG build a good value over time and cashing out on it will be very natural.
The valuations are over the top and if recession hit and it will soon enough a lot of this value will be lost.
So if Dolan will not sell in near future he will be stuck with it.
The inevitable lockout is also getting closer and will not help matters.
Time is of essence...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/13/2019  1:42 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:The comment from Kanter re-opened the discussion of Dolan selling the Knicks. Any discussion really should have a solution to the tax burden selling the Knicks would put on that family. Fortunately, I have a solution.

Just a thought.

Mills and Dolan are the same person

Mills wanted this JOB for personal stature, he was more interested in JOB TITLES (THE PRESIDENT OF BASKETBALL OPERATIONS WITH NO FCKING EXPERINCE) then allowing Dolan to hire a real experience basketball mind that could turn this dysfunctional mess around sooner than later.

Dolan wants to be known as an NBA OWNER, after admitting publicly that he doesnt know sht about building a winning BASKETBALL franchise, he continues to hire all the wrong ppl to run his franchise.

His family(sons, daughters, cousins, )are also hell bent on not selling the team at all..I posted the article a few months back..it was depressing

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/13/2019  2:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Just a thought.

Mills wanted this JOB for personal stature, he was more interested in JOB TITLES (THE PRESIDENT OF BASKETBALL OPERATIONS WITH NO FCKING EXPERINCE) then allowing Dolan to hire a real experience basketball mind that could turn this dysfunctional mess around sooner than later.

Dolan wants to be known as an NBA OWNER, after admitting publicly that he doesnt know sht about building a winning BASKETBALL franchise, he continues to hire all the wrong ppl to run his franchise.

His family(sons, daughters, cousins, )are also hell bent on not selling the team at all..I posted the article a few months back..it was depressing

Perry while no superstar is the most normal basketball hire we have seen in a long time. If it took Mills to intercede to make that happen then he did in fact not block the hire of "a real experienced basketball mind".

The last basketball mind we had here was Earnie Grunfeld who was fired AFTER the knicks went to the finals in 1999. JVG earned a 2mm per year extension and did not get along. Then we hired Layden, a neophyte directed by Dolan. That was until Rasputin took over. That is Isiah Thomas. After that mess, we bring in Donnie Walsh who was not well and Dolan disrespected. When he was wheeled out, Grunwald was on the payroll from the Isiah regime. Not a bad guy, but not the leader one wants He leaves and Mills is hired to be president. Before he can hire a GM, Dolan gets Phil and Mills demoted to GM but who really knows the order of things. Not until Phil is made gone does Mills get the gig and hire a real basketball person.

Rainman, don't let your hate make you look foolish..

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/13/2019  3:51 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Just a thought.

Perry while no superstar is the most normal basketball hire we have seen in a long time. If it took Mills to intercede to make that happen then he did in fact not block the hire of "a real experienced basketball mind".

The last basketball mind we had here was Earnie Grunfeld who was fired AFTER the knicks went to the finals in 1999. JVG earned a 2mm per year extension and did not get along. Then we hired Layden, a neophyte directed by Dolan. That was until Rasputin took over. That is Isiah Thomas. After that mess, we bring in Donnie Walsh who was not well and Dolan disrespected. When he was wheeled out, Grunwald was on the payroll from the Isiah regime. Not a bad guy, but not the leader one wants He leaves and Mills is hired to be president. Before he can hire a GM, Dolan gets Phil and Mills demoted to GM but who really knows the order of things. Not until Phil is made gone does Mills get the gig and hire a real basketball person.

No one in the NBA would hire Steve mills to run their basketball operation, and no one would hired Perry to be more than an assistant, yet we hired them to be in prominent roles, and have had the worst record in the NBA since, and the highest roster turnover rate than any team in the NBA, NFL,NHL and MLB.

Dolan waited until I T (his buddy)became a complete embarrassment to the franchise before he reluctantly ditch him(Sterns recommendation), If that sexual harassment case never went public, I T would have lasted much longer.

The owner does not really care if this team loses 162 games over the next 2 seasons as long as MSG is raking in the DOE...This is a owner that will Band anybody who speaks negative truth about the Knicks..

ES
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/13/2019  4:49 PM
I think you are incorrect about Perry, specifically. His influence on measured decision-making is palpable.
I don't think anyone wants a franchise to lose either. It would be weird to go 1-81 each year.
It is a business. Profitability is important. But I haven't really seen this franchise say "that costs too much money" before. I like to think that Perry is value-driven.
Your post shows a clear anti-admin bias. Most likely from years of disappointment. Personally, I have a lot of hope. I like Perry and Fiz.
All I need is a little hope to drink the Kool-aid.
This is the Randle.
Nalod
USA
9/13/2019  4:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Just a thought.

No one in the NBA would hire Steve mills to run their basketball operation, and no one would hired Perry to be more than an assistant, yet we hired them to be in prominent roles, and have had the worst record in the NBA since, and the highest roster turnover rate than any team in the NBA, NFL,NHL and MLB.

Dolan waited until I T (his buddy)became a complete embarrassment to the franchise before he reluctantly ditch him(Sterns recommendation), If that sexual harassment case never went public, I T would have lasted much longer.

The owner does not really care if this team loses 162 games over the next 2 seasons as long as MSG is raking in the DOE...This is a owner that will Band anybody who speaks negative truth about the Knicks..

Your stating subjective as if fact. Just deal with the facts:

Knicks suck.
Teams that lose change rosters because they suck. They don't suck because they change.
Mills was hired to run the team two years ago. He has not succeeded running a team. He succeeded as MSG president and was up to be hired to run the union.
Dolan sucks. He is a petulant little snot whose business have done very well mostly. He treats some people badly. Not all. Not all players.
Isiah was awful. He was extreme in his spending.

and the highest roster turnover rate than any team in the NBA, NFL,NHL and MLB.

You should back it up.

Team is building on youth. It sucks. Mills is doing things different, that you can admit. Not the same old knicks. No results yet. It sucks.
Nobody is saying "this is great". But at the same time its fundamentally a very different approach.
Its ok to be mad and have opinions. Just don't pretend its facts. You insult those who read and retain. You look stupid when you do that. Your a knick fan so your motives are good. Im not your enemy. Just keep yoru facts strait and your opinions as they are. NObody is telling you how to "feel". WE debate facts. We slam fiction.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/21/2019  5:34 PM
So much for Dolan building a new practice facility in the city. Apparently they are renovating the current one. Cant renovate that commute.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/21/2019  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2019  11:10 AM
GustavBahler wrote:So much for Dolan building a new practice facility in the city. Apparently they are renovating the current one. Cant renovate that commute.

I thought the current one was still new. Why would they need to just get a new one? Excuse to raise ticket prices even more, like jackasses?

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
arkrud
USA
11/4/2019  10:09 AM
Bringing this back as the thing getting more legs:
https://nypost.com/2019/11/03/silver-lake-seeks-piece-of-lowly-knicks-rangers/
If Dolan will be out of the picture for real... whom we gonna blame?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
11/4/2019  11:07 AM
Dolan didn't miss his free throws last nite.
arkrud
USA
11/4/2019  3:06 PM
Nalod wrote:Dolan didn't miss his free throws last nite.

They missed everything not only free throws...
Dolan is much better in business that Knicks players in basketball.

Nalod
USA
11/4/2019  3:11 PM
arkrud wrote:
Nalod wrote:Dolan didn't miss his free throws last nite.

They missed everything not only free throws...
Dolan is much better in business that Knicks players in basketball.

Even when knicks lose, Dolan wins!!!

Articles about Dolan Selling the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy