[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Iso joe over ISO melo
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/16/2019  1:41 PM
you wondered why stars backed out of the olympics, part of the reason was they saw how they treated melo after he was one of the best olympic players ever, and was still better than half the team they put on the floor today..

every player that has played with him this off season has been baffled how this guy has not been giving another chance..this clip from the JUMP says it all

ES
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/16/2019  1:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:you wondered why stars backed out of the olympics, part of the reason was they saw how they treated melo after he was one of the best olympic players ever, and was still better than half the team they put on the floor today..

every player that has played with him this off season has been baffled how this guy has not been giving another chance..this clip from the JUMP says it all

Melo was on ESPN last week talking about his Charity work, which has been commendable. Think he wants to remind teams that there is another side to him. Unfortunately most teams remember his press conference when he was asked about playing a bench role, and his reaction. Wasnt a good look. Melo deserves another shot but he hasnt done himself any favors over the last couple of seasons.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/16/2019  2:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:you wondered why stars backed out of the olympics, part of the reason was they saw how they treated melo after he was one of the best olympic players ever, and was still better than half the team they put on the floor today..

Melo was on ESPN last week talking about his Charity work, which has been commendable. Think he wants to remind teams that there is another side to him. Unfortunately most teams remember his press conference when he was asked about playing a bench role, and his reaction. Wasnt a good look. Melo deserves another shot but he hasnt done himself any favors over the last couple of seasons.

It's easy to make a case for not signing him. This isn't a Mahmoud Abdul Rauf situation where the guys was still killing it and was obviously blackballed. Melo just didn't look good for stretches as a perimeter four. Heck, Jeremy Lin showed he was more effective than Melo last year and he didn't get a deal. Was he blackballed? This is the reality for guys near the end of their prime. Teams either want to develop youth or they want guys who fit their schemes the best. Melo could sit out sometime and wait for injuries to crop up during the season. He could also go to China, show he's in shape, and come back for the playoffs when the season is over. I just want him to stop campaigning. It makes him look desperate.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
9/16/2019  3:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

It's easy to make a case for not signing him. This isn't a Mahmoud Abdul Rauf situation where the guys was still killing it and was obviously blackballed. Melo just didn't look good for stretches as a perimeter four. Heck, Jeremy Lin showed he was more effective than Melo last year and he didn't get a deal. Was he blackballed? This is the reality for guys near the end of their prime. Teams either want to develop youth or they want guys who fit their schemes the best. Melo could sit out sometime and wait for injuries to crop up during the season. He could also go to China, show he's in shape, and come back for the playoffs when the season is over. I just want him to stop campaigning. It makes him look desperate.

I think the media, players and his friends are the ones campaigning for him. He had one interview the stephen A , and hasn't said a word prior or after that.

what you mean is Melo didn't look elite for strecteches, go look at how many players shot worse than melo had a worse plus/minus, there at least 200 players in the league worst than him.

I'm not a big melo fan at all, but I'm not going to sit here and like he totally sucks

ES
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
9/16/2019  9:52 PM
This has nothing to do with Melos skills.

This is about politics, just like every other organization.

Melo hasnt made it inside key political circles, where a need and his skills are a match. When he did, like the houston rockets, where Chris Paul and Danphoni was pulling for him, Melo flopped. That's not black balled. That's on Melo. And the stigma on being the main guy or starting will continue to follow him.

He tried to change and play the political game too late into his career. Now at his age and out of NBA shape, hes replaceable. No conspiracy here. There are lots of good players that should be playing. Melo is one of them. But he had his chances. And still has his chances... but that window is slowly closing each season that goes by.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/17/2019  8:43 AM
Joe ****ing Johnson. Killing it in the Big 3. When the hell was ANY NBA GM giving credence or attention to the Big 3? Seriously? How did those conversations go?

"Hey look, Joe Johnson, bench fodder, is beating the living **** out of Charles Oakley!!! Wow!!! Sign him up!!!"

We are looking at HASHEEM THABEET. Think about that for a second. HASHEEM THABEET. Someone who's career trajectory lines up with stellar names like Gene Conley and Henry Sims!!!! I don't GAF if he's 8 foot 10. He sucked major donkey kong when he was in the league. Let alone that he's been out of the league for 5 years. Or that at 7 foot ****ing 3 he averaged an impressive .8 blocks per game and 2.7 rebounds. Yes, and I know he kills it in the 36 minute per categories. So did Greg Oden.

knicks1248
9/17/2019  10:02 AM
jrodmc wrote:Joe ****ing Johnson. Killing it in the Big 3. When the hell was ANY NBA GM giving credence or attention to the Big 3? Seriously? How did those conversations go?

"Hey look, Joe Johnson, bench fodder, is beating the living **** out of Charles Oakley!!! Wow!!! Sign him up!!!"

We are looking at HASHEEM THABEET. Think about that for a second. HASHEEM THABEET. Someone who's career trajectory lines up with stellar names like Gene Conley and Henry Sims!!!! I don't GAF if he's 8 foot 10. He sucked major donkey kong when he was in the league. Let alone that he's been out of the league for 5 years. Or that at 7 foot ****ing 3 he averaged an impressive .8 blocks per game and 2.7 rebounds. Yes, and I know he kills it in the 36 minute per categories. So did Greg Oden.

Mills signed JR Smiths brother as the backup center for tyson chandler, but in all reality the knicks would be a horrible fit for the Melo.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/17/2019  11:20 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Joe ****ing Johnson. Killing it in the Big 3. When the hell was ANY NBA GM giving credence or attention to the Big 3? Seriously? How did those conversations go?

Mills signed JR Smiths brother as the backup center for tyson chandler, but in all reality the knicks would be a horrible fit for the Melo.

You ok????

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/17/2019  3:33 PM
blkexec wrote:This has nothing to do with Melos skills.

Melo hasnt made it inside key political circles, where a need and his skills are a match. When he did, like the houston rockets, where Chris Paul and Danphoni was pulling for him, Melo flopped. That's not black balled. That's on Melo. And the stigma on being the main guy or starting will continue to follow him.

He tried to change and play the political game too late into his career. Now at his age and out of NBA shape, hes replaceable. No conspiracy here. There are lots of good players that should be playing. Melo is one of them. But he had his chances. And still has his chances... but that window is slowly closing each season that goes by.

Dantoni hates Melo. The guy pulling for him in Houston was Morey. Morey tried for years s to get Melo. D’Antoni waited years 6? to blast Melo for his time in ny. Six years!
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/17/2019  3:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/17/2019  3:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:This has nothing to do with Melos skills.

Dantoni hates Melo. The guy pulling for him in Houston was Morey. Morey tried for years s to get Melo. D’Antoni waited years 6? to blast Melo for his time in ny. Six years!

Ever watch Danphony's press conferences? He's that level of ****. 6 years is nothing. 6 generations of waiting wouldn't be too much for his brand of *******. He's Phil's ego without the rings.
knicks1248
9/17/2019  4:42 PM
Listening to stephen A, he made great point about melo's 10 games in houston.

He said they made their decision s based on a 10 game static

Rocket Science: Daryl Morey Brings Hard-Core Statistical Analysis to the NBA

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/rocket-science-daryl-morey-brings-hard-core-statistical-analysis-to-the-nba-6540549

and everything is based on 10 game increments

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/17/2019  4:50 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Listening to stephen A, he made great point about melo's 10 games in houston.

https://www.houstonpress.com/news/rocket-science-daryl-morey-brings-hard-core-statistical-analysis-to-the-nba-6540549

Daryl is\was desperate. You saw that with the Paul\Westbrook moves. Everyone can tell, at least intuitively, those are bad fits. At some point the blame won't be centered around the coaching staff or the coach.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/17/2019  9:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Listening to stephen A, he made great point about melo's 10 games in houston.

That article is 12 years old. Maybe he has changed a bit?
As for the job he has done, I think Morey has done a great job. I think MDA got more out of Harden than was thought. I thought the effort to get CP3 was very good. The combo of Capella, Harden and CP3 was amazing.
CP3' contract was a bit overestimated but there was a window.
As for Westbrook? Lets just say the jury is out cuz it is.
I don't care for MDA's personality but the Dude is arrogant but he has backed it up.
Personally I don't care about the rockets, but I respect the job done there!

Iso joe over ISO melo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy