[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So, I asked Phi, how does it feel when people say he won only because he had Jordan, Pippen, O’Neal and Bryant? He brighte
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

9/10/2019  3:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/10/2019  3:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:The oldest Knicks on the team at the time was called Phil Jackson, but it never mentioned that way. People could say whatever they like, but does this team have any talent like KP6? This team has no one even matched to the talent of Derrick Rose, and after 29-53 and 17-65, what will it get this year? Sure his era was the biggest disaster in history, but how should it be called the era after it? Many ppl in their heart saw it coming, but the hatred blinded them. They would rather see Phil Jackson suffered.

Maybe in his dreams, Melo sees he plays in Triangle again. For one, "modern basketball" actually didn't like him. For another, it would prolong his career if he had the time listening to Phil Jackson rather than his college coach. Yep, his college coach stood by him. He told Melo he was all good and everything was Phil's fault. But did the college coach give him another job?

Melo should have listened to the better coach.

I don't know any Knick fans that weren't thrilled when Phil was hired and given autonomy. If I get a chance I will look and bump a thread from that time.

Think the enthusiasm seized when it was made known that the Triangle would be implemented from the upper offices of MSG.

Still curious how many don't understand the mistake of hiring Phil Jackson and having an antiquated system forced on the players and coach. A system which most NBA players found restrictive and unappealing. Despite the factual retrospect

True that Melo was a casualty of Modern basketball. But so were many others that were formidable post up players.
But as far as Melo listening to the better coach. MLB1215 forgot to mention that Phil WAS NOT the Knicks coach. So why would a intelligent person buy into a system which is being implemented by his real coach (Not the Prez) who is only running it because the old guy that is in the front office is forcing him to do so?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/10/2019  3:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/10/2019  3:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:The oldest Knicks on the team at the time was called Phil Jackson, but it never mentioned that way. People could say whatever they like, but does this team have any talent like KP6? This team has no one even matched to the talent of Derrick Rose, and after 29-53 and 17-65, what will it get this year? Sure his era was the biggest disaster in history, but how should it be called the era after it? Many ppl in their heart saw it coming, but the hatred blinded them. They would rather see Phil Jackson suffered.

Maybe in his dreams, Melo sees he plays in Triangle again. For one, "modern basketball" actually didn't like him. For another, it would prolong his career if he had the time listening to Phil Jackson rather than his college coach. Yep, his college coach stood by him. He told Melo he was all good and everything was Phil's fault. But did the college coach give him another job?

Melo should have listened to the better coach.

I don't know any Knick fans that weren't thrilled when Phil was hired and given autonomy. If I get a chance I will look and bump a thread from that time.

Think the enthusiasm seized when it was made known that the Triangle would be implemented from the upper offices of MSG.

Still curious how many don't understand the mistake of hiring Phil Jackson and having an antiquated system forced on the players and coach. A system which most NBA players found restrictive and unappealing. Despite the factual retrospect

True that Melo was a casualty of Modern basketball. But so were many others that were formidable post up players.
But as far as Melo listening to the better coach. MLB1215 forgot to mention that Phil WAS NOT the Knicks coach. So why would a intelligent person buy into a system which is being implemented by a coach who is only running it because the old guy that in the front office is forcing him to do so?

One thing people leave out about that last year is that Phil didn't really demand we use the "Triangle" until it was clear that the season was over. I'm glad Derrick has kinda had a rebound, but the fact is that he was obviously playing for his next deal. How many times did we see get taking on D by less athletic guards? Look off an open KP to get his? Neglect to shoot threes in order to preserve his stats? I understand work can be stressful, but it is simply unprofessional to take off without telling your supervisor. I don't mean to single Rose out, but his comments point to the biggest issue with that team. None of the players, at least the impact ones, appeared willing to do what's necessary to win. The triangle drama didn't help,but there was a lot more going on with that POS team. In the end, Phil's failures outweigh his successes. But the triangle narrative that was pushed by the media was lazy.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
So, I asked Phi, how does it feel when people say he won only because he had Jordan, Pippen, O’Neal and Bryant? He brighte

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy