USA needed OT to beat Turkey.

Brazil beat Greece. Giannis!

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/3/2019  3:21 PM
I have been watching FIBA and the team that will be tough to beat is Serbia. Jokic and his crew are tall, can shoot the lights out and play unselfish team basketball.
NYKBocker
USA
9/3/2019  3:38 PM
Brazil vs Greece. The last play was awesome! That will teach you to box out.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/4/2019  3:49 PM
FIBA.....

Blog on Frank play. Im not much on Blogs as they are regurgitation of others works. This one is no different but its a collection of quotes. Players are complimentary after a win.......

Franks contract is $6,100,000 team option for next year. About 8mm for qualifying offer the next.

If you pay Ron Baker 4.5mm, you pay just turned 21 year old Frank. If his contract prevents the team from a big free agent signing then I might think otherwise. If we just think one year at a time, you just go with one year at a time. Knicks will have him in camp and have to decide by Oct 31st.

Giannis scored 13 pts and fouled out against Brazil. He was the League MVP last year. He should have scored 100 pts right?
None of this is conclusive...........Wide divide on Frank love and Frank hate. I not the one that has to believe in him or not, but I can root for his success!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/4/2019  7:20 PM
Nalod wrote:FIBA.....

Blog on Frank play. Im not much on Blogs as they are regurgitation of others works. This one is no different but its a collection of quotes. Players are complimentary after a win.......

Franks contract is $6,100,000 team option for next year. About 8mm for qualifying offer the next.

If you pay Ron Baker 4.5mm, you pay just turned 21 year old Frank. If his contract prevents the team from a big free agent signing then I might think otherwise. If we just think one year at a time, you just go with one year at a time. Knicks will have him in camp and have to decide by Oct 31st.

Giannis scored 13 pts and fouled out against Brazil. He was the League MVP last year. He should have scored 100 pts right?
None of this is conclusive...........Wide divide on Frank love and Frank hate. I not the one that has to believe in him or not, but I can root for his success!

One bad deal deserves another? Mills signed Baker before Perry got here. If anything Perry should avoid making the same mistake.

Baker was a good defender, a willing passer, but with little or no offense. Was allergic to the rim. Baker was a team player and was rewarded with a overly generous contract.

Dont want to see Perry make the same mistake, if Frank comes back putting up the same numbers, still allergic to the rim.

Nalod
USA
9/4/2019  11:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

One bad deal deserves another? Mills signed Baker before Perry got here. If anything Perry should avoid making the same mistake.

Baker was a good defender, a willing passer, but with little or no offense. Was allergic to the rim. Baker was a team player and was rewarded with a overly generous contract.

Dont want to see Perry make the same mistake, if Frank comes back putting up the same numbers, still allergic to the rim.

Did anyone say to sign him if he has not improved? Baker was 23 his rookie season. I’m suggesting relative value IF THE KNICKS STIL THINK HE HAS UPSIDE. Not sign him cuz Nalod thinks so.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/4/2019  11:42 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Did anyone say to sign him if he has not improved? Baker was 23 his rookie season. I’m suggesting relative value IF THE KNICKS STIL THINK HE HAS UPSIDE. Not sign him cuz Nalod thinks so.

Thought you just did. When you argued that we should give Frank another deal. Because we gave one to Baker.

Nalod
USA
9/5/2019  7:47 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Thought you just did. When you argued that we should give Frank another deal. Because we gave one to Baker.

Not argued. I’m not building a case.
I’m describing relative value and scenario. If Knicks think he still has the upside and demonstrating improvement then there is value. Baker more than Anything could not sustain health. His 4mm contract per year was not a franchise killer. For Frank to get his extension it keeps him here for the next two seasons. For fans its easy to want the hindsight. For the talent evaluators you have to project. All teams are wrong. Its a statistical process.
If you encapsulate the Baker contract at the time it was given vs. hindsight its a different look.
Also have to look at the talent on the roster at that moment. What was Baker being offered by other teams at that time.

Nalod
USA
9/5/2019  8:42 AM
France and Dominican Reblic playing now. France up 10-0. They play 40 min games btw. LOL, Frank has 30% of the teams pts........
NBK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8667

9/5/2019  11:09 AM
Yes Serbia is tough. Rated #1 after the prep games and coming into the World Cup.

NYKBocker wrote:I have been watching FIBA and the team that will be tough to beat is Serbia. Jokic and his crew are tall, can shoot the lights out and play unselfish team basketball.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/5/2019  11:51 AM
Nalod wrote:France and Dominican Reblic playing now. France up 10-0. They play 40 min games btw. LOL, Frank has 30% of the teams pts........

So if my math is correct, I believe he has 42 points?

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
9/5/2019  1:22 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:France and Dominican Reblic playing now. France up 10-0. They play 40 min games btw. LOL, Frank has 30% of the teams pts........

It was 10-0...........

NYKBocker
USA
9/5/2019  3:30 PM
International play is different from NBA play. I love watching these international teams play team ball.
Nalod
USA
9/5/2019  3:45 PM
Like to see a USA-France game!!!
NYKBocker
USA
9/5/2019  3:50 PM
No Asian or African team advanced to the group stage.

African teams have the size but their basketball skills are not there...yet. Handles are very suspect. A lot of their really good players are emigrating to other countries that will give them better basketball training.

Asian teams are short. Skills are stuck in the 90s. Handles are better than the African countries but are still very loose on their dribble. FG %age on 3s are in the US college level. However, it might have something to do with the length of players closing out on shooters.

The European and South American teams have the size, handles and the long ball skills. They are pretty to watch.

Team USA have their hands full.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/5/2019  4:05 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I have been watching FIBA and the team that will be tough to beat is Serbia. Jokic and his crew are tall, can shoot the lights out and play unselfish team basketball.

Jokic is also the best player in the tournament

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Allanfan20
USA
9/5/2019  6:47 PM
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

It was 10-0...........

See my sarcasm/tongue in cheek codes.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
USA
9/5/2019  6:47 PM
Nalod wrote:Like to see a USA-France game!!!

Ditto.

NYKBocker
USA
9/10/2019  11:47 AM
Wow! Serbia lost to Argentina. Did not see that coming. Scola went to work. USA lucky we are not seeing this Serbian team.
NYKBocker
USA
9/10/2019  11:49 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Like to see a USA-France game!!!

Ditto.

Well. It's happening. They are playing 7am Wednesday.

FIBA world cup.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy