[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Julius Randle and Melo go One on One | Can Julius Randle Lead this Knicks Team
Author Thread
NBK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8667

8/30/2019  9:52 PM
Julius Randle is considered the leader of this Knicks team. Can he do it? Plus he and Melo go one on one.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/30/2019  10:35 PM
On the court, yes. The dude does come to play every night. Good role model for the kids on the on the team. I'd like to see him bring it more on D, but I think his enthusiasm will be infectious. On a side note, good to see you back and strong on YouTube.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

9/1/2019  9:44 AM
He will put up monster numbers. No doubt about it. 22-10-4.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/1/2019  4:53 PM
Enjoyed the program. Nice setting to shoot a segment. Always good to make use of what NYC has to offer. Sounds like a good package deal. You could ask that much just for free throws at the Garden.

Having Mitch patroling the paint (and the perimeter) will help cover whatever mistakes Randle makes on D. And Randle compliments Robinson with an inside game, Mitch doesnt have..yet.

Randle being able to hit the 3 regularly doesnt concern me too much. If he can drift out to the perimeter once in a while, when he's feeling it, thats enough for me. Oakley did the same thing. Spent most of his time in the paint, but could hit that corner shot, once in a while to keep the D honest. We'll hopefully have enough 3 point shooting at other positions. If we have to count on Randle hitting the three, we could be in trouble. Not that it isnt a goal worth pursuing.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/1/2019  6:51 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Enjoyed the program. Nice setting to shoot a segment. Always good to make use of what NYC has to offer. Sounds like a good package deal. You could ask that much just for free throws at the Garden.

Having Mitch patroling the paint (and the perimeter) will help cover whatever mistakes Randle makes on D. And Randle compliments Robinson with an inside game, Mitch doesnt have..yet.

Randle being able to hit the 3 regularly doesnt concern me too much. If he can drift out to the perimeter once in a while, when he's feeling it, thats enough for me. Oakley did the same thing. Spent most of his time in the paint, but could hit that corner shot, once in a while to keep the D honest. We'll hopefully have enough 3 point shooting at other positions. If we have to count on Randle hitting the three, we could be in trouble. Not that it isnt a goal worth pursuing.

I agree. Don't want Randle falling in love with the three, but he needs to be a threat for spacing purposes. Our defense might be painful to watch at times. But another way to look at the Randle\Morris pairing is that they gives us a ready made mismatch at the forward positions on most nights. They are two physical and versatile forwards who are interchangeable with in terms of on court positioning. Outside of LeBron and AD, there aren't many teams who can match up with our tandem from a physical standpoint.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
9/5/2019  4:12 PM
The player that is going to lead the Knicks out of their misery is Frank Ntlikina. The kid is a natural leader he puts his teammates before him. When you have a selfless player like that at the point players take notice.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/5/2019  4:23 PM
Vmart wrote:The player that is going to lead the Knicks out of their misery is Frank Ntlikina. The kid is a natural leader he puts his teammates before him. When you have a selfless player like that at the point players take notice.

That's a lot of expectations for what he has displayed so far. Maybe in a few years if he keeps improving to match his potential. I don't think he will be THE PLAYER to do it, but he can be apart of a combination of players.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/5/2019  4:47 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Vmart wrote:The player that is going to lead the Knicks out of their misery is Frank Ntlikina. The kid is a natural leader he puts his teammates before him. When you have a selfless player like that at the point players take notice.

That's a lot of expectations for what he has displayed so far. Maybe in a few years if he keeps improving to match his potential. I don't think he will be THE PLAYER to do it, but he can be apart of a combination of players.

exactly, he has to be put in the right situation/role, with the right system and the right players around him and the right coach..

To me he's a charlie ward type player, but imagine charlie ward without Ewing, starks, oak, Mason, harper, JVG.

ES
Vmart
USA
9/5/2019  5:01 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Everyone is making judgments on Frank off a bad year he was injured never really got a groove going. And you have a coach who is basically a hack, he took Frank out of his elements and made him sit in the corner. Just look at Frank in the Fiba tournament with a decent coach. It’s freaking night and day okay the competition is light but I bet he raises his level as the competition gets better. If Frank can play like this for the Knicks players are gonna be happy.

I see a lot in Frank because he does well in what constitutes as 50% of the game which is defense. On offense he is a willing passer which basically puts him in the plus on offense. Once that confidence rolls around the shooting is only going to get better.

The talent is there it’s up to the coach to put him in a winning situation when on court.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/6/2019  3:08 PM
I'm sure Frank will be in a winning situation this year. On some other team.

He's the last vestige of your Prez/GM. Enjoy his highlights against Guatemala or Belize or whatever. It will most likely be the last you probably see of him doing anything consequential besides getting injured or traded.

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/6/2019  4:26 PM
jrodmc wrote:I'm sure Frank will be in a winning situation this year. On some other team.

He's the last vestige of your Prez/GM. Enjoy his highlights against Guatemala or Belize or whatever. It will most likely be the last you probably see of him doing anything consequential besides getting injured or traded.

that's a little harsh

But those highlights of the game he did well in, seem like a pick up game nobody played anything remotely close to defense..

ES
jrodmc
USA
9/6/2019  4:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:I'm sure Frank will be in a winning situation this year. On some other team.

that's a little harsh

But those highlights of the game he did well in, seem like a pick up game nobody played anything remotely close to defense..

Ummm, isn't that basically just about any FIBA game?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/6/2019  4:55 PM
He's very young and his approach on offense has been timid. He has a long way to go before he is a starting point in the nba. His fibs reviews have been good. Maybe he beats out Kadeem as the third point guard and his progress continues. I am not sure if you are setting up a talking point for how the Knicks messed up if they let him go or don't renew his deal or if you mean what you posted.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
USA
9/11/2019  12:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
He's very young and his approach on offense has been timid. He has a long way to go before he is a starting point in the nba. His fibs reviews have been good. Maybe he beats out Kadeem as the third point guard and his progress continues. I am not sure if you are setting up a talking point for how the Knicks messed up if they let him go or don't renew his deal or if you mean what you posted.

This is the Knicks very unlikely that Frank gets a contract with the Knicks. It’s not in the Knicks history to do so. Frank will take his talents elsewhere. If I were to pick a spot he probably will go to the Spurs.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/11/2019  3:22 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This is the Knicks very unlikely that Frank gets a contract with the Knicks. It’s not in the Knicks history to do so. Frank will take his talents elsewhere. If I were to pick a spot he probably will go to the Spurs.

go have a ****ing cookie bro
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
USA
9/11/2019  3:44 PM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

go have a ****ing cookie bro

Cookies are awesome. You know I’m right and it really frustrates you. Control your anger and apathy for people who don’t share your opinions. There are probably 25-30 poster who by passed my post yet it amazes me how often you respond to mine.

My post scare you I get it because it’s what you feel will happen. It’s the Knicks bro.

jrodmc
USA
9/12/2019  11:51 AM
This could get better than Nalod meets rainman

Who knew an underwhelming #8 pick could generate this much angst?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/12/2019  12:17 PM
jrodmc wrote:This could get better than Nalod meets rainman

Who knew an underwhelming #8 pick could generate this much angst?

Read something that with Durant likely out the year, Kurics slapping his girl around, and Shy WIlson Chandler suspended 25 games for substance...........
that players are rallying for.........

NETS TO SIGN CARME7O ANTHONEY. Melo a NET. Uncle Nalod thought of JROD first!!!!

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
9/13/2019  8:14 AM

IMO. Moving Frank is a mistake. He just showed why he is valuable. He is 21. 3rd year. Let him blossom. If he does it, you will have a leader for the next 10 years.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/13/2019  9:38 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:

IMO. Moving Frank is a mistake. He just showed why he is valuable. He is 21. 3rd year. Let him blossom. If he does it, you will have a leader for the next 10 years.

If we move frank what will we talk about?? LOL!
Frank is a kid that has succeeded at every level he played on. Perhaps he came over too early? If so we know he was a prospect and still growing.
Early results with him and KP were actually encouraging. They had some good chemistry. The revolving door that has been our roster is hard on any player yet alone one young and instinctively unselfish.

Julius Randle and Melo go One on One | Can Julius Randle Lead this Knicks Team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy