[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

RJ Barrett Signs with Puma
Author Thread
NBK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8667

8/11/2019  4:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/11/2019  6:18 PM
(Meant to have a question mark in the title)

Looks like Rj Barrett has or is leaning towards signing with Puma. Good look! I like what Puma is doing. The kicks he's wearing are pretty dope too.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/11/2019  7:46 PM
Clyde is not with Puma, Puma WITH Clyde!!
First signature shoe. If you only know him as the voice of the knicks with the crazy suits your missing some of it.

Good video!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/11/2019  7:58 PM
Green Puma Clydes,. Ever since I got them as a kid in 72', green has been my favorite color.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/11/2019  11:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Green Puma Clydes,. Ever since I got them as a kid in 72', green has been my favorite color.
Nice. Always wanted Clydes. Best I had as a kid was pro ked suedes. I have wide feet and as a kid had to get sneakers at Ray Pedics in Ossining until about fifth grade.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/12/2019  9:58 AM
I think signing with Puma is a savvy move because of the Clydes
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GustavBahler

8/12/2019  10:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/12/2019  10:36 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Green Puma Clydes,. Ever since I got them as a kid in 72', green has been my favorite color.
Nice. Always wanted Clydes. Best I had as a kid was pro ked suedes. I have wide feet and as a kid had to get sneakers at Ray Pedics in Ossining until about fifth grade.

Should have taken better care of them because my next shoes were Sears "Winner"
Have wide feet as well. Makes buying shoes time consuming.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/12/2019  11:42 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Man, I thought I was the only wide foot fool around here. Puma needs to extend their extra wide selections to the basketball line. They only have extra wide on the training sneakers.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

8/12/2019  12:07 PM
I still rock the Puma Clydes today...Black on white with Clyde's name in gold.
CrushAlot
USA
8/12/2019  12:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Didn’t Caldor have a good knock off on Chuck Taylor’s.
GustavBahler

8/12/2019  1:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Havent heard that name in a loooong time. Since I was back in NY. Are they still around?.Cant remember.

First time I took them out in the rain, most of the colors bled onto the street. Sure wae a lot of it. They were comfortable, but didnt last long. Believe my next ones were white Addidas Stan Smiths. Those were nice, tough to keep clean though.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/12/2019  2:06 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Havent heard that name in a loooong time. Since I was back in NY. Are they still around?.Cant remember.

First time I took them out in the rain, most of the colors bled onto the street. Sure wae a lot of it. They were comfortable, but didnt last long. Believe my next ones were white Addidas Stan Smiths. Those were nice, tough to keep clean though.

Hahaha...my best Caldor memory is my mom sneaking into th stockroom to buy me a hard to find Thunder at action figure. I remember seeing one of the last ones around in NC around 2000. I want to say they were like Kohl's in terms of layout, but I don't remember. I remember spending hours with Panthro, Lion-0, Wily Kit and Wily Kat along with the Thunder Tank. Do kids even play with action figures anymore?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

8/12/2019  2:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/12/2019  2:39 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hahaha...my best Caldor memory is my mom sneaking into th stockroom to buy me a hard to find Thunder at action figure. I remember seeing one of the last ones around in NC around 2000. I want to say they were like Kohl's in terms of layout, but I don't remember. I remember spending hours with Panthro, Lion-0, Wily Kit and Wily Kat along with the Thunder Tank. Do kids even play with action figures anymore?

LOL Had a GI JOE (sadly without the Kung Fu grip) Gave up when I dropped it, and the arms, and legs shot out like missiles at the same time. Around the time I got hooked on Pong.

Nalod
USA
8/12/2019  2:48 PM
Knicks1248 has a Frank Ntilikina figure he likes to dismember.
When his wife ask's him to put it back together he says: "It never adds up".
CrushAlot
USA
8/12/2019  10:45 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Man, I thought I was the only wide foot fool around here. Puma needs to extend their extra wide selections to the basketball line. They only have extra wide on the training sneakers.

I have hunted for wide Clydes my entire life. As a kid I would have told my parents they fit no matter how tight they were. Now I have bunion issues and wear inserts in my shoes in addition to the wide foot Clyde busters I was born with. I have become the guy Digital Underground sang about.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/13/2019  7:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I have hunted for wide Clydes my entire life. As a kid I would have told my parents they fit no matter how tight they were. Now I have bunion issues and wear inserts in my shoes in addition to the wide foot Clyde busters I was born with. I have become the guy Digital Underground sang about.

I hear you man. Right now, I only wear New balance or those ugly Nike extra wide shoes. I actually found a 13 4e Adidas basketball shoes.
At least for casual Sperry makes wide shoes.
GustavBahler

8/13/2019  7:49 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I hear you man. Right now, I only wear New balance or those ugly Nike extra wide shoes. I actually found a 13 4e Adidas basketball shoes.

Didnt have this issue until I was in my late 20s, not like you guys. Agree its a pain finding shoes. Liked New Balance when they first started selling shoes. Brooks were the first running shoes I bought. Felt like I was riding in a Cadillac, lol. Compared to everything else to that point.

Anyway, the NBs have a plasic sole covered with fabric. When that wears out you get blisters. With all the new tech out there, they dont make them last like they used to. Suppose thats the point these days.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/14/2019  8:47 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Didnt have this issue until I was in my late 20s, not like you guys. Agree its a pain finding shoes. Liked New Balance when they first started selling shoes. Brooks were the first running shoes I bought. Felt like I was riding in a Cadillac, lol. Compared to everything else to that point.

Anyway, the NBs have a plasic sole covered with fabric. When that wears out you get blisters. With all the new tech out there, they dont make them last like they used to. Suppose thats the point these days.

You can always buy new soles. A lot of shoes have crap soles. I actually do this for work.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/14/2019  9:15 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I've got a 3 year old grandson who will play with nothing but the characters from the Cars movies. Disney must be making trillions on those toys. They make 5 different versions of the same character.

Caldors! Jamesway! Crap, out here in booneyville near McGuire AFB, we used to have an Ames! My wife entered me in a store contest and she won a 20 dollar gift certificate for me being the tallest guy in the store. The things we will do for love.

White leather with black suede stripe Clydes! My first pair of non-Pro Keds! And the last pair of low kicks I ever actually wore while playing.

After the Clydes fell apart, I started wearing hi-top Pony's. Man, did I take some **** for wearing those... LMAO.

GustavBahler

8/14/2019  10:01 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

You can always buy new soles. A lot of shoes have crap soles. I actually do this for work.

My bad, I meant the heel.

Nalod
USA
8/14/2019  11:32 AM
few years ago I had a bout of Capsulitis. Basically "Turf toe" but in the second toe.
I also had a instance or two of planter fasciitis. I started playing tennis about 8 years ago and my body really did not like my new sport. The Capsulitis inflamed my foot a bit and I needed some really wide shoes for about a year. It eventually got back to "normal". I found an Asics tennis shoe that really worked well for me and I rotate two pairs which last me almost a year. I buy at the same time these: https://www.orthosole.com/ They run about $50 a piece. Different designs for different applications. I tried various Superfeet and they were ok. The orthosoles have eradicated my foot problems and non have come up since. No two feet are the same and no two cures/recommendations are the same. My toe issue required I use a $450 custom sole for a few weeks until it healed. I also had fluid removed and took an injection. The custom inner sole had a built in metatarsal pad. The Orthosoles have a movable arch and metatarsal pad. They come with 3 of each depending on what you need.
I just leave the medium size in as they come from the factory and my feet are great.
Allanfan Im sure has more to say and if he is the pro I'd be interested in his opinion.
Please, Im just passing along what worked for me and never suggest bypass a pro if you have issues. I tried to cure it on my own but relented to a Dr. It was expensive but worth ever penny! Im taking care of my feet and have had few problems with my knees and hamstring since. Before, I was always getting hurt!!! Im also in better shape and my body has adapted to the game.
RJ Barrett Signs with Puma

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy