[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Seriously Why did we sign Reggie Bullock
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/14/2019  10:44 AM
Im not questioning his. he does not have any. What Im saying is he is not in the room interviewing the people.
Im demonstrating that yours. His blog piece is his opinion. You share it with him.
Simple, you think Mills is the issue.
Others say there has been a substantial shift since he took over two years ago. Prior to that he was not in charge of policy. In fact one can say its Dolan that has authorized this change.
You want Results. We do to. Your frustrated by the redundancy of change over the years yet results don't accrue.
Your not alone. There is an academic approach to understanding this and one that is childish.
Define "if we are not good this year". Is there a win total that you can say "improvement"? After 17 wins, what is a respectable improvement?
Quantify it. Don't need a degree.
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

8/14/2019  11:18 AM
I’d like to say first Reggie is a ball player the fact we got him that cheap is awesome, he allows us to make trades for next year. He’s the perfect back up 2 guard who is a sharpshooter and a defensive wiz. If frank comes along this year, frank and Reggie would lock down on the defensive end for our second unit.

I’m really hoping Fiz can build a winning culture we need stability from a coaching standpoint. Since JVG it’s been a revolving door of coaches. How can you build a winning culture when we have a new system in place every 2 years.

I feel we finally have a REAL team that’s deep. Mitch,Knox,DsJr,Randal all have star potential I’ll add RJ to the list as well after we see him play vs NBA competition. I see him as a stronger derozen.

I think Knox is going to break out this year or next.

When you have backups like Morris,Payton,Frank,Gibson,Portis,Dot,trier, bullock, Ellington your not giving opponents a break anyone on our lineup can have a great game and effect the outcome of the game.

This team should make the playoffs

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/14/2019  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/14/2019  12:04 PM
fitzfarm wrote:I’d like to say first Reggie is a ball player the fact we got him that cheap is awesome, he allows us to make trades for next year. He’s the perfect back up 2 guard who is a sharpshooter and a defensive wiz. If frank comes along this year, frank and Reggie would lock down on the defensive end for our second unit.

I’m really hoping Fiz can build a winning culture we need stability from a coaching standpoint. Since JVG it’s been a revolving door of coaches. How can you build a winning culture when we have a new system in place every 2 years.

I feel we finally have a REAL team that’s deep. Mitch,Knox,DsJr,Randal all have star potential I’ll add RJ to the list as well after we see him play vs NBA competition. I see him as a stronger derozen.

I think Knox is going to break out this year or next.

When you have backups like Morris,Payton,Frank,Gibson,Portis,Dot,trier, bullock, Ellington your not giving opponents a break anyone on our lineup can have a great game and effect the outcome of the game.

This team should make the playoffs

This team "Could" make the playoffs. I agree with what your saying. We have some real deep blue chippers on the team. Still a very young core.
Many ways to measure things inside a season. We are just not privy to much of it. 82 games broken into increments and evaluated would be interesting. What is the focus for some players game to game. Winning or losing is a symptom of organizational process.
If you extract Mills, does the flood gates of FA's happen? Is Dolan really day to day influencing players to come or not? Im Mills was gone, what would change? Naturally over time there is change of course happens all the time, but from an organizational directive what process is there now, where does it go, and what influences it.
At some point you make trades, at some point FA's see attractive talent. .

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
8/15/2019  5:33 PM
So, we were willing to pay 10m per for Bullock. Now he is getting 10m for 1 year. We lose 5m this year. It’s gone. But, we have an option for 1 year at 5m for next year, which may be a substantial discount to value. So, we paid 5m and a roster spot for an option for a 1 year for 5m. If he has issues, that option is worthless. The knocks can cut him and take back the roster spot. If he recovers well, they have a player who may have a value add contract. I don’t really think he was worth 10m per. Maybe 7mm. But who knows exact contract valuation below the max contract level. 5m next year for a healthy Bullock sounds like a good deal.
This is the Randle.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/16/2019  12:23 PM
...To close up that last possible roster spot that could have been used to bring back Melo.

Perry Mills is a genius!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/16/2019  12:55 PM
jrodmc wrote:...To close up that last possible roster spot that could have been used to bring back Melo.

Perry Mills is a genius!

LOL

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
egelband
Member: #1026

8/18/2019  8:30 AM
franco12 wrote:I can see this impacting us when there is some signing or trade and we can't make it because we signed Reggie.

Sorry - none of the guys we signed are locked in past this year, with the exception of Randle.

Of everything to criticize, this I think is lame. We did the guy a solid favor - we felt obligated after agreeing to a deal.

I hate seeing the way the NFL works, where players there are treated like scrap meat - injured, jettisoned. Next man up.

Our front office, I think, did the right thing to a player who needs to rehab. We obviously like him, and if he recovers, we get a nice player at a discount.

But 2nd year is team option? We need to jettison someone, we can.

Agree. Especially with the part not becoming like the NFL. I thought I was the only one bothered by how the NFL treats it's (non-marquee) players.

blkexec
Member: #748
8/18/2019  9:10 AM
egelband wrote:
franco12 wrote:I can see this impacting us when there is some signing or trade and we can't make it because we signed Reggie.

Sorry - none of the guys we signed are locked in past this year, with the exception of Randle.

Of everything to criticize, this I think is lame. We did the guy a solid favor - we felt obligated after agreeing to a deal.

I hate seeing the way the NFL works, where players there are treated like scrap meat - injured, jettisoned. Next man up.

Our front office, I think, did the right thing to a player who needs to rehab. We obviously like him, and if he recovers, we get a nice player at a discount.

But 2nd year is team option? We need to jettison someone, we can.

Agree. Especially with the part not becoming like the NFL. I thought I was the only one bothered by how the NFL treats it's (non-marquee) players.

In my opinion, this is an example of how the FO is during their damage control, to show future FAs how they care for players and honor their word. With Durant and Jordan talking about the knicks vs nets FO, mills and company half to try and reverse that negative comparison. The owner on the other hand needs to stay away from the media and just open his paycheck. And Trust his FO.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Seriously Why did we sign Reggie Bullock

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy