[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Seriously Why did we sign Reggie Bullock
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/7/2019  12:58 PM
This was a quote from a Knick Analyst

Giving Reggie Bullock a roster spot, even after the injury detection, was questionable. It left the Knicks without flexibility because they have a full 15-man roster of guaranteed contracts for next season. They have to trade or waive someone, which will impact the payroll, to create space if necessary.

This is almost seems like the Baker signing. Reports about his injury is 4 to 6 months, this contract seems like a personal favor more than it was a good signing.

ES
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/7/2019  1:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:This was a quote from a Knick Analyst

Giving Reggie Bullock a roster spot, even after the injury detection, was questionable. It left the Knicks without flexibility because they have a full 15-man roster of guaranteed contracts for next season. They have to trade or waive someone, which will impact the payroll, to create space if necessary.

This is almost seems like the Baker signing. Reports about his injury is 4 to 6 months, this contract seems like a personal favor more than it was a good signing.

Yeah, this was a favor. The team is in a PR war and every little bit of goodwill helps.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/7/2019  1:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/7/2019  1:27 PM
I can see this impacting us when there is some signing or trade and we can't make it because we signed Reggie.

Sorry - none of the guys we signed are locked in past this year, with the exception of Randle.

Of everything to criticize, this I think is lame. We did the guy a solid favor - we felt obligated after agreeing to a deal.

I hate seeing the way the NFL works, where players there are treated like scrap meat - injured, jettisoned. Next man up.

Our front office, I think, did the right thing to a player who needs to rehab. We obviously like him, and if he recovers, we get a nice player at a discount.

But 2nd year is team option? We need to jettison someone, we can.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
8/7/2019  1:31 PM

Because if he makes a full recovery we have him on the books for next season at only $4mil (a bargain). In the meantime we make use of his leadership qualities. If he doesn't recover, we can let him go next year at no cost. Think of him as the 15th man on the roster- they rarely play, but he has upside if healthy for next year. Why cry about this?

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/7/2019  2:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah, this was a favor. The team is in a PR war and every little bit of goodwill helps.

No, Dolan is in a PR war and he’s losing. He’s been screwing up this Summer too.

Regardless, this was absolutely a favor and act of good faith. Whether it was for good PR or not, I don’t know. I doubt Bullock contributes this season at all though.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
8/7/2019  3:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/7/2019  3:29 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

No, Dolan is in a PR war and he’s losing. He’s been screwing up this Summer too.

Regardless, this was absolutely a favor and act of good faith. Whether it was for good PR or not, I don’t know. I doubt Bullock contributes this season at all though.

If this was a P R move it was a very bad one, because no one would have blame the knicks for pulling back on him once his injury became a major issue...like did they do their research before they reached out to him..

It's like going to a strip club and throwing a million single dollar bills at a pretty chick on crutches..

I guess reggie on crutches is better than any of the 9 FA we let walk...

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/7/2019  4:29 PM
Rainman classic:

This is Rob wolkenbrod on a '"Sportsmoney" blog writing about the spurs.
Its an adjunct blog for aspiring journalists who contribute. Its a link thru Forbes.com
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robwolkenbrod/#756b554e3d93

His bio on the site:
I

cover the NBA's San Antonio Spurs and their fluctuating salary-cap situation. For the past decade, I have followed and studied the game of basketball, with knowledge of player performances and salary cap situations, which is one of the most discussed aspects of the NBA. I specialize in the Spurs, who I have followed for a number of years and tracked their consistent regular-season success, along with the tumbling Kawhi Leonard saga. Overall, I have focused on sports writing for the past five years, starting at SUNY Cortland, with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications with a concentration in Journalism. Follow me on Twitter @RealRobWolkey. Read Less

He also blogs on Fansided. His bio:

Rob has been the expert of Daily Knicks since September 2018. If you like what he writes, email him at robert.wolkenbrod@gmail.com.

Im sure Rob is a super bright young man trying to break into sports journalism and doing all the right things. Create controversially in the writing and get people to talk abut it. This is the "Knick analyst".

Here is the article. Read it with your own eyes:
https://dailyknicks.com/2019/08/07/new-york-knicks-worst-signing-free-agency/

Take one line and use it to support a single agenda is typical Rainman. We all have our opinions.

Nalod
USA
8/7/2019  4:30 PM
It's like going to a strip club and throwing a million single dollar bills at a pretty chick on crutches..

Rainman got his inner Triple going!!!!

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
8/7/2019  4:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

If this was a P R move it was a very bad one, because no one would have blame the knicks for pulling back on him once his injury became a major issue...like did they do their research before they reached out to him..

Interesting analogy, not sure how it's even similar. Maaaaybe if you signed a contract with the said pretty girl for two years. And maaaybe if you brought her home for those said two years. Oh and when you say " on crutches" do you mean permanently or only for like a year or so? Cause if it's only temporary I could kind of see the benefit. I mean even on crutches she could still be useful. Oh and this only works if one was in position to be able to spend such money on something like this, so IF one was to be a billionaire AND happen to have a spare mil just waiting to be spent. Anyway I don't think your analogy is spot on

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
knicks1248
8/7/2019  4:36 PM
Nalod wrote:Rainman classic:

Its an adjunct blog for aspiring journalists who contribute. Its a link thru Forbes.com

His bio on the site:
I

cover the NBA's San Antonio Spurs and their fluctuating salary-cap situation. For the past decade, I have followed and studied the game of basketball, with knowledge of player performances and salary cap situations, which is one of the most discussed aspects of the NBA. I specialize in the Spurs, who I have followed for a number of years and tracked their consistent regular-season success, along with the tumbling Kawhi Leonard saga. Overall, I have focused on sports writing for the past five years, starting at SUNY Cortland, with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications with a concentration in Journalism. Follow me on Twitter @RealRobWolkey. Read Less

Rob has been the expert of Daily Knicks since September 2018. If you like what he writes, email him at robert.wolkenbrod@gmail.com.

Im sure Rob is a super bright young man trying to break into sports journalism and doing all the right things. Create controversially in the writing and get people to talk abut it. This is the "Knick analyst".

Take one line and use it to support a single agenda is typical Rainman. We all have our opinions.

what's my agenda?

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/7/2019  4:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

His bio on the site:
I

what's my agenda?

To complain about everything all season

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/7/2019  8:05 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

His bio on the site:
I

what's my agenda?

Not as bad as draft night, that’s like torture for him lol
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/7/2019  8:47 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

It shows other players, or at least tries to push the image, that we'll take care of them. If Dolan is in a PR war, than the Knicks are by extension. Can't be helped. I doubt it makes a huge difference, but every little bit helps. Also, Bullock was a sought out role player. Who is to say he doesn't come back and contribute.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/7/2019  10:18 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Because if he makes a full recovery we have him on the books for next season at only $4mil (a bargain). In the meantime we make use of his leadership qualities. If he doesn't recover, we can let him go next year at no cost. Think of him as the 15th man on the roster- they rarely play, but he has upside if healthy for next year. Why cry about this?

This is also correct. It was a favor but also a good player at a discount for next year if he recovers fine. He’s a shooter.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/9/2019  10:41 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

maybe you are unable to grasp what a PR move means and what it is? Maybe just maybe
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
8/9/2019  10:42 AM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

His bio on the site:
I

what's my agenda?

and be retarded.
knicks1248
8/9/2019  12:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/9/2019  12:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

His bio on the site:
I

what's my agenda?

and be retarded.

I don't think of you as retarded, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Maybe your rosey glasses look good on you.

Or maybe you should Just go into hiding like DOLAN told our faith full front office to do..

how many new players we got, and no real press conference for any of them.

The FO knew they were going to get blasted by every media outlet in the country.

Who the fck gives a FA role player 2+ million dollars to sit home and rehab for 85% of the up incoming season...

The Knicks are getting rip to shreds by everybody for their lame ass off season moves, their lame ass short sided KP trade, and lame ass plan (most writers graded the knicks a D+)

Even Noah Vonleh and Mudiay got big introductions from their new teams, while Dolan put a Muzzle on everyone of his peoples..that's a great P R Move

ES
fishmike
USA
8/9/2019  12:49 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

His bio on the site:
I

what's my agenda?

and be retarded.

I don't think of you as retarded, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Maybe your rosey glasses look good on you.

Or maybe you should Just go into hiding like DOLAN told our faith full front office to do..

The FO knew they were going to get blasted by every media outlet in the country.

Who the fck gives a FA role player 2+ million dollars to sit home and rehab for 85% of the up incoming season...

The Knicks are getting rip to shreds by everybody for their lame ass off season moves, their lame ass short sided KP trade, and lame ass plan (most writers graded the knicks a D+)

Even Noah Vonleh and Mudiay got big introductions from his new team, while Dolan put a Muzzle on everyone of his peoples..that's a great P R Move

more lies. You literally make stuff up. Mudiay's big introduction lol. Dont forget their parades.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/9/2019  1:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

His bio on the site:
I

what's my agenda?

and be retarded.

Even Noah Vonleh and Mudiay got big introductions from their new teams, while Dolan put a Muzzle on everyone of his peoples..that's a great P R Move

Please point to where you saw this cause I have read nothing of the sort.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
8/9/2019  1:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

His bio on the site:
I

what's my agenda?

and be retarded.

How did they earn the "+" from the basic "D"?
Is this even fun for you? This is entertainment for most of us. If it causes you anguish you should take a break?
BTW, your posts are entertaining.

Seriously Why did we sign Reggie Bullock

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy