[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank and Labeyerie are playing right now
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

8/6/2019  2:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/6/2019  2:51 PM
technomaster wrote:I think he looked solid enough - didn't embarrass himself on the floor, set up his teammates for some scrappy assists. (I think he had 6 total, leading the team)

Sort of like watching someone like Shaun Livingston coming off the bench with the Warriors. Played within himself and put in solid minutes off the bench.

That sounds fine until you consider he's a mid-lottery pick. There are probably at least five players drafted behind him who are significantly more productive going into year three. I don't think drafting a decent rotation role-player that high was the design.
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/6/2019  2:54 PM
Welpee wrote:
technomaster wrote:I think he looked solid enough - didn't embarrass himself on the floor, set up his teammates for some scrappy assists. (I think he had 6 total, leading the team)

Sort of like watching someone like Shaun Livingston coming off the bench with the Warriors. Played within himself and put in solid minutes off the bench.

That sounds fine until you consider he's a mid-lottery pick. There are probably at least five players drafted behind him who are significantly more productive going into year three. I don't think drafting a decent rotation role-player that high was the design.

I think there are easily 10 guys. Just looked back at that draft. Frank was a bad pick at 8.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/6/2019  2:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I think there are easily 10 guys. Just looked back at that draft. Frank was a bad pick at 8.
easy to say now. If he becomes what he was drafted for most certainly not.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Welpee

8/6/2019  3:08 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

But here's the thing, looking back to that draft and what the experts were forecasting about Frank, I don't think anybody projected him as a future all-star. There are at least five players drafted behind him you can envision one day being an all-star. At this point we're just hoping Frank can become a contributing player on a good team. If that is all the Knicks were expecting with that 8th pick they should've traded it.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/6/2019  3:28 PM
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

But here's the thing, looking back to that draft and what the experts were forecasting about Frank, I don't think anybody projected him as a future all-star. There are at least five players drafted behind him you can envision one day being an all-star. At this point we're just hoping Frank can become a contributing player on a good team. If that is all the Knicks were expecting with that 8th pick they should've traded it.

Honestly, aside from De'Aaron an Lauri, you can make the same argument that are five players drafted after the top lottery picks that look like they have a better shot at being All-Stars. You can't use that as a barometer. Picks usually take time. Just look at the picks taken 8th historically.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/6/2019  3:31 PM
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Everything picked Frank 8-12. Monk, Mitchell, Frank, DSjr... it was very hard to separate them. Also I dont consider a guy who can be an elite defender just a "contributor" I see that as a core component. Obviously has to show it, but we drafted an 18 year old kid mostly because of his physical attributes and PG skills. Its been 2 years. We know Frank can defend, handle the ball and pass. He's yet to show enough of the other things to earn him a rotation spot (or stayed healthy) but we have certainly seen flashes of an elite defender with PG skills, if not an actual PG. Lowry was in the league 4 years before he hit double digits in scoring. There is a time when you have to say this player or that player is behind his peers and needs to show more. Is this that time for Frank? I certainly think some expect that....

Unless the argument is to avoid late bloomers because you can get guys like Mudiay and Vonleh off the scrap heap?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/6/2019  4:54 PM
First organized game since March which he only played 2 games since being out in Jan. Its also August right now with hopefully a lot of basketball available to him until camp.

Gotta keep working and see where it goes.

From the short clips, he doesn't utilize his surrounding 3 point shooters on kickouts enough which allows the defenders to cheat cause more traffic in the paint to work against. On that missed floater he sucked in 4 defenders and had 2 open 3 point shooters to kick out to.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Welpee

8/6/2019  4:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/7/2019  1:09 AM
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Everything picked Frank 8-12. Monk, Mitchell, Frank, DSjr... it was very hard to separate them. Also I dont consider a guy who can be an elite defender just a "contributor" I see that as a core component. Obviously has to show it, but we drafted an 18 year old kid mostly because of his physical attributes and PG skills. Its been 2 years. We know Frank can defend, handle the ball and pass. He's yet to show enough of the other things to earn him a rotation spot (or stayed healthy) but we have certainly seen flashes of an elite defender with PG skills, if not an actual PG. Lowry was in the league 4 years before he hit double digits in scoring. There is a time when you have to say this player or that player is behind his peers and needs to show more. Is this that time for Frank? I certainly think some expect that....

Unless the argument is to avoid late bloomers because you can get guys like Mudiay and Vonleh off the scrap heap?

Obviously Frank is young and could blossom when he hits his mid-late 20s like others have. One thing you failed to mention about Lowry, he didn't become an all-star until joining his third team. I suspect Frank isn't going to be the player he could eventually become playing for the Knicks.

I've been a Knicks fan for a long, long, long time. What I'm look for are flashes of potential. All I'm seeing from Frank so far are flashes of being another Darrell Walker. Long, plays defense, serviceable, useful, etc.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/6/2019  6:03 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I think Frank was mocked at around 12-15 at the time of the draft. It was a stretch to take him at 8 at the time. The guy that picked him and his system was gone shortly after he was drafted.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/6/2019  6:15 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Frank had the highest bust/boom potential when drafted.

Gun to my head, am I keeping him based on what I've seen? Honestly, no.

Might I regret that, might he turn into Ariza and become a long term play off contributor, yes.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/6/2019  8:41 PM
franco12 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Frank had the highest bust/boom potential when drafted.

Gun to my head, am I keeping him based on what I've seen? Honestly, no.

Might I regret that, might he turn into Ariza and become a long term play off contributor, yes.

Ariza, michael cooper, mike miller, boris diaw, chris anderson, mike riordan, dave stallworth, hawthorne wingo, i don‘t care who we compare him to he will contribute to a championship and i want it to be on the knicks.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/6/2019  8:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/6/2019  8:49 PM
Another season of more of the same from Frank , and it will be fair to call him a bust at 8. Never came close to using that word since Frank has been drafted. If he still putting up the same numbers after year 3, its deserved IMO. Doesnt mean his game will remain static for the rest of his career, but it will be fair to say he was a bust for the Knicks.
Marv
8/6/2019  9:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Another season of more of the same from Frank , and it will be fair to call him a bust at 8. Never came close to using that word since Frank has been drafted. If he still putting up the same numbers after year 3, its deserved IMO. Doesnt mean his game will remain static for the rest of his career, but it will be fair to say he was a bust for the Knicks.

he’s an asset. when do u have the insight to drop your disappointment from his draft selection and reassess his value going forward? and hopefully the knicks deploy him accordingly.

GustavBahler

8/6/2019  9:10 PM
Marv wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Another season of more of the same from Frank , and it will be fair to call him a bust at 8. Never came close to using that word since Frank has been drafted. If he still putting up the same numbers after year 3, its deserved IMO. Doesnt mean his game will remain static for the rest of his career, but it will be fair to say he was a bust for the Knicks.

he’s an asset. when do u have the insight to drop your disappointment from his draft selection and reassess his value going forward? and hopefully the knicks deploy him accordingly.

Dont believe a guard that forces his team to play 4 on 5 on offense is much of an asset. That is mostly the province of G-leaguers. At 8, and the longest tenured Knick, you're damned right Im disappointed.

Marv
8/6/2019  9:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Marv wrote:

Dont believe a guard that forces his team to play 4 on 5 on offense is much of an asset. That is mostly the province of G-leaguers. At 8, and the longest tenured Knick, you're damned right Im disappointed.

and i didn’t mean to direct that at you and i apologize for it. was reacting to my general frustration at having a different take on frank than the majority

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/6/2019  10:42 PM
franco12 wrote:
Marv wrote:
anrst wrote:that didn't look good ... he's gotta be way better than that... jeeze

c'mon man (in joe biden voice )

court awareness, ball movement, finding the opening for someone to the basket, 6 assists in 15 minutes, hitting the free throws ( )

the individual O still sucked, but u want a heads-up facilitator who's also in every defensive play, u saw it there.

did you watch the video? I'm not sure I saw anything from him in that 2 minutes that says he will be an NBA player at the end of the season.

The best bit of the video - the cute french brunette they cut to twice

Yeah has no chance of being anything more than an end of the bench player
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

8/7/2019  6:36 AM
Anyone know when their next game is? I don't see the team mentioned directly on FIBA's website. thx
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/7/2019  7:12 AM
NotInMyHouse wrote:Anyone know when their next game is? I don't see the team mentioned directly on FIBA's website. thx

This was from yesterday. So looks like a game today.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
8/7/2019  8:41 AM
The fact that we have not traded him, but yet traded, signed, and even went to the g league for other pg/sg's is just weird, and has not lit a fire under him

Mark my words, if he is regulated to the Bench because every other guard out played him, he will be the next player asking for a trade.

ES
GustavBahler

8/7/2019  10:33 AM
knicks1248 wrote:The fact that we have not traded him, but yet traded, signed, and even went to the g league for other pg/sg's is just weird, and has not lit a fire under him

Mark my words, if he is regulated to the Bench because every other guard out played him, he will be the next player asking for a trade.

My guess would be the offers werent that good. Knicks scouts have been doing a good job of finding talent in the second round, undrafted. Pretty sure a deal would have been done with a decent offer.

I read they wanted to try DSJr and Frank as a backcourt. With Barrett and Payton on the roster, that plan might not be as much of a priority now. If Frank were averaging just under, or at double digits, the offers would have been there, Im guessing.

Frank and Labeyerie are playing right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy