9/18/2019  11:05 AM
martin wrote:
houston20 wrote:
martin wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
bottom line: frank is a better pg, than fizz is a coach. fourner is right. Frank is in a crappy situation

I think the knicks don't have frank in there plans because perry is not found of frank and is not his type of point guard.

Perry has done nothing in his career. Some harp on his time with the Pistons honestly Frank has a chance to be more Billups than anyone he drafted.

I doubt frank become a billups type of player he long way to go offensively but his defense is great. I think this management is more interested in investing in dsj has the future point guard of the knicks and if does well this season they could offer him rookie extension in the summer of 2020. I honestly believe that the knicks will decline frank 4 year option of his rookie contract if he doesn't do well in training camp.

To make Frank an unrestricted free agent? No way in hell this happens. $8M is still UNDER the average salary for an NBA player. There is little downside to committing to the 4th year and a whole lot to declining it.

It all depends if frank does well in training camp if he doesn't i could see the front office deciding differently. The bottom line is this frank has to have a very good training to convince perry for him to stay in nyc for another year.

When you make an evaluation you look at body of work and also try to project out. Looking at a 3-4 week period only is not how things work. Or if it does, you need to fire that person.

If Frank is showing development over that 3 to 4 week period and during training came then of course you take things from there.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/18/2019  11:11 AM
I would nearly expect a process that has already determined 90% what Knicks want to do. Even with whom they signed over the summer. We assume they are negligent. Knicks have a plan. That don't mean it comes to fruition. Lord knows we have seen that. Nearly everyone is tradable, including Frank. Even if he is a low to mid first round pick, his value is better if we pick up his option.
Frank and his Agent might be abstinent about wanting a trade to a team that will has a strong desire/belief in him. For all we know Fiz might not just even like the kid and if so he won't succeed here.
I can very much see a scenario he gets traded. For that matter, DSjr is also up for extension! For that matter, I can see him getting moved as well. If RJ Barrett shows early intensity and a fit at the 2, then someone has to go.
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

9/18/2019  11:28 AM
Nalod wrote:I would nearly expect a process that has already determined 90% what Knicks want to do. Even with whom they signed over the summer. We assume they are negligent. Knicks have a plan. That don't mean it comes to fruition. Lord knows we have seen that. Nearly everyone is tradable, including Frank. Even if he is a low to mid first round pick, his value is better if we pick up his option.
Frank and his Agent might be abstinent about wanting a trade to a team that will has a strong desire/belief in him. For all we know Fiz might not just even like the kid and if so he won't succeed here.
I can very much see a scenario he gets traded. For that matter, DSjr is also up for extension! For that matter, I can see him getting moved as well. If RJ Barrett shows early intensity and a fit at the 2, then someone has to go.

We are used to seemingly (and likely) chaotic, impulsive moves by the Knicks front office. That there is a plan, a philosophy in place is tough to get our heads around. But I agree that the current FO does and I will trust that. And I think maybe Frank as much as I'd like to see him make it here may not be part of that plan. Following his recent FIBA showing, it could be the opportune time to get something for him, although I also feel he could really thrive elsewhere.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/19/2019  10:33 AM
"Frank did not surprise me, that's what you'd expect from him," said Evan Fournier. "He's a very good player, it's just that he's in a crappy position to be honest in New York, and he does not have the opportunity to show what he can do. We know it: in the NBA, much depends on the system."

This franchise under this FO has been a place where your career will go nowhere fast.

we have 7 guards and can only rotate 4 at best..that's going to be a problem because you can't even play small ball when you have a hand full of SF that are more than decent

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

9/19/2019  10:36 AM
Nalod wrote:I would nearly expect a process that has already determined 90% what Knicks want to do. Even with whom they signed over the summer. We assume they are negligent. Knicks have a plan. That don't mean it comes to fruition. Lord knows we have seen that. Nearly everyone is tradable, including Frank. Even if he is a low to mid first round pick, his value is better if we pick up his option.

is the plan still defense and passing are a priority? That's what this FO said when they launched. It was on the Knicks Blog from Mills.

Or is it 2 max FA, which they certainly didn't dispute when dealing with KP fallout

Or is it super short term FA so we can do a near complete re-boot (again) this next offseason (and hope that all the short terms don't get selfish)

Or is it simply that they do whatever it takes to keep their jobs for the next season and go from there

To say they have a plan sounds nice, but I remain skeptical

(5)(5)
knicks1248
9/19/2019  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2019  11:30 AM
Chandler wrote:

is the plan still defense and passing are a priority? That's what this FO said when they launched. It was on the Knicks Blog from Mills.

Or is it 2 max FA, which they certainly didn't dispute when dealing with KP fallout

Or is it super short term FA so we can do a near complete re-boot (again) this next offseason (and hope that all the short terms don't get selfish)

Or is it simply that they do whatever it takes to keep their jobs for the next season and go from there

That's all i see

They lower the bar to the floor so they can look functional and patient..6 yrs no playoffs

ES
Nalod
USA
9/19/2019  11:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

That's all i see

They lower the bar to the floor so they can look functional and patient..6 yrs no playoffs

Rainman: Redundant and reactive.
I respect your honesty as you see it.

knicks1248
9/19/2019  11:58 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

That's all i see

troll boy..why didn't you respond directly to chandler

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/19/2019  12:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

That's all i see

Personal believes are important and grant respect even for those who believe that Earth is flat.
Nalod - no point to argue with believes. They are not based on arguments.
You believe that rebuild is long and painful process with no guaranty.
Rainman believes that rebuild is gamble and win.
And if gamble is not working you can blame the dealer.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
9/19/2019  12:43 PM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

That's all i see

Personal believes are important and grant respect even for those who believe that Earth is flat.
Nalod - no point to argue with believes. They are not based on arguments.
You believe that rebuild is long and painful process with no guaranty.
Rainman believes that rebuild is gamble and win.
And if gamble is not working you can blame the dealer.

were rebuilding?

yeah the roster every yr

ES
Nalod
USA
9/19/2019  1:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

That's all i see

He is asking questions. Not exhibiting ignorance.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/19/2019  2:14 PM
Chandler wrote:

KP getting seriously injured halfway into Perry's first season forced the team to adapt to the circumstances at hand. Him being set to miss the entire 2018-19 season lead to the most logical choice of tanking for Zion and preserving cap for potential stud FAs. KP demanding a trade forced the team to adapt to the new set of circumstances. KD and Kyrie signing with the Nets forced the team to adapt those new set of circumstances given the cap they had available.

KP never gets injured the circumstances are most likely different. Team probably would have made a move to pair someone with him and Hardaway jr to attempt making the playoffs instead of tanking if KP maintained his health.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
9/19/2019  2:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2019  2:20 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

That's all i see

He is asking questions. Not exhibiting ignorance.

why didn't you respond with an intelligent answer to his question instead of exhibiting an ignorant comment.

He asked a question and i gave my opinion and my perspective on one of the question.

You attack another poster just to satisfy your trolling habits like a 16 yr old ..

this is what you do every day

What does it mean to troll on social media?

Trolling is defined as creating discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages in an online community. Basically, a social media troll is someone who purposely says something controversial in order to get a rise out of other users.

ES
Nalod
USA
9/19/2019  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2019  3:00 PM
Dr Atkins of the famed controversial diet was 75 years old when he died. He had heart issues but he did seemingly everything very well.
He slipped and fell on Ice and died form a head injury.
My point? MIlls has had different roles in the organization prior to being promoted when Phil left. You say he here 6 years and team not make playoffs and until he leaves we are doomed. Am I wrong?
I say there more to this. He was hired as team president and inside 3 months PHil was in the picture. I am steadfast in my view that MIlls is entering his third season as the man.
Perry also. Essentially they responsible for the last two years. That's it. YOu have no evidence to say other than Hardaway (hardly a franchise killer) he has been a detriment to the team.
I can't say he has had a substantial positive impact. If he was hired and we did not see change I would agree with your sentiments.
Since he came aboard he gave Hornacek a fair chance. He tried to mend with KP. I think the KP scenario was handled properly. We have a president who hired his GM, who hired his coach and staff. This level of functionality has not existed in decades. YOu do recognize the level of procedural change? Right?

But your hung up on "HIM". No reasons other than association with Dolan. You say he don't want to win with no explanation. You just make assumption that another person who came from a wining situation would do better.
That may or may not be correct but you can't say what that person would do differently. Me, I drone on and on about having blue chip players from good back grounds, Solid coach from a solid tree. We have picks, we have flex space, and see turnover as good if not winning.

Its ok to have different views but at least respect the fans here with some effort.

Dr Atkins Died form slipping on ICE. Shyt happens. WE drafted a stud in KP. Shyt happens. Sometimes you do the right things and shyt still happens. We did all the right things. Mills didn't cause KP to hurt his knee did he? Mills could not repair a broken relationship with the knicks. Did he do all the right things? Should he have just given him all the money without showing his health? That he can carry the franchise to that level? I thimk Mills/perry made the right choice. Im not happy about it which I say "Regrettable" frequently. We turned KP into two draft picks and Dennis. Might add up more to KP, might not.

Your as stubborn as I. I will troll your statements, not you.

Chandler

9/19/2019  5:28 PM
Nothing but love for Nalod

At the moment, I'm in a grumpy Missouri "show me" attitude when it comes to the Knicks organization and their players. Still wishing for the best though

(5)(5)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/20/2019  2:27 PM
Chandler wrote:At the moment, I'm in a grumpy Missouri "show me" attitude when it comes to the Knicks organization and their players. Still wishing for the best though
I see this is a positive to be honest. You are justified in being skeptical. There are a lot of things I like about this roster and recent moves and some things I dont like, buuuuut seeing is believing. I am wishing for the best so this season is worth watching!

On Frank I hope they continues to be patient. I dont know what his role or position will be. But you saw the impact he had for France playing in a system with some talent around him. Maybe he's our Iggy or Draymond. If memory serves me correctly Iggy was a beast out of the gate but Draymond certainly took a lot of time to develop and is one of the leagues most important players to his team.

Frank is 21 and entering his 3rd season. I would expect an uptick in his play and really hope he earns minutes. Even if he doesnt earn minutes I hope the staff see's his development and we can trade a rental player ahead of him and eventually elevate Frank. Waiting his turn isnt a terrible thing... even in year 3

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/20/2019  2:28 PM
https://www.facebook.com/notes/french-knicks-pod/french-knicks-pod-frank-ntilikina-interview-in-paris-at-the-french-bball-federat/2403534409906420/

Seventh question : You did not have the feeling of being restrained by the injuries and your situation in NBA?

Not at all, I am very happy to be a Knick and I believe in the Steve Mills project.
The last two seasons, it was very clear that the goal was to play as much as possible the young players of the roster to develop them.
This year, we will surprise the entire NBA, as I did with the french team at the World Cup.
To understand me, it was just a process of adaptation. The NBA is another style, another country and a different everyday life. It's not necessarily obvious, especially when it comes to basketball in New York. For some it may take a day or two, for others longer. For me, New York is home since day one, but i needed time to give my best.
I am motivated, determined to succeed with the Knicks jersey. Being at this moment the one who wears the jersey since the longest time in the roster is a responsibility, and to deserve the respect of the Knicks fans, it will be only by the daily work with dedication every day in the training sessions to create the best systems to win games.
Work extremely hard every day, and most importantly do not talk to say nothing. Do things well to improve together to succeed with the squad like a family. no success without sacrifice.
To be leader of the team I worked very hard this summer my game to reach my goals of the season with the Knicks. If I want to achieve my personal goals in the long run, we have to go through that.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/23/2019  11:39 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:https://www.facebook.com/notes/french-knicks-pod/french-knicks-pod-frank-ntilikina-interview-in-paris-at-the-french-bball-federat/2403534409906420/

Seventh question : You did not have the feeling of being restrained by the injuries and your situation in NBA?

Not at all, I am very happy to be a Knick and I believe in the Steve Mills project.
The last two seasons, it was very clear that the goal was to play as much as possible the young players of the roster to develop them.
This year, we will surprise the entire NBA, as I did with the french team at the World Cup.
To understand me, it was just a process of adaptation. The NBA is another style, another country and a different everyday life. It's not necessarily obvious, especially when it comes to basketball in New York. For some it may take a day or two, for others longer. For me, New York is home since day one, but i needed time to give my best.
I am motivated, determined to succeed with the Knicks jersey. Being at this moment the one who wears the jersey since the longest time in the roster is a responsibility, and to deserve the respect of the Knicks fans, it will be only by the daily work with dedication every day in the training sessions to create the best systems to win games.
Work extremely hard every day, and most importantly do not talk to say nothing. Do things well to improve together to succeed with the squad like a family. no success without sacrifice.
To be leader of the team I worked very hard this summer my game to reach my goals of the season with the Knicks. If I want to achieve my personal goals in the long run, we have to go through that.

having some legit scorers should really help him thrive as a defender and distributor. I really think he's a key to our core moving forward and I dont even know what position he plays.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
9/23/2019  1:16 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:https://www.facebook.com/notes/french-knicks-pod/french-knicks-pod-frank-ntilikina-interview-in-paris-at-the-french-bball-federat/2403534409906420/

Frank is the longest tenured on the Roster? That's crazy!!

Chandler

9/24/2019  10:07 AM
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:At the moment, I'm in a grumpy Missouri "show me" attitude when it comes to the Knicks organization and their players. Still wishing for the best though
I see this is a positive to be honest. You are justified in being skeptical. There are a lot of things I like about this roster and recent moves and some things I dont like, buuuuut seeing is believing. I am wishing for the best so this season is worth watching!

On Frank I hope they continues to be patient. I dont know what his role or position will be. But you saw the impact he had for France playing in a system with some talent around him. Maybe he's our Iggy or Draymond. If memory serves me correctly Iggy was a beast out of the gate but Draymond certainly took a lot of time to develop and is one of the leagues most important players to his team.

Frank is 21 and entering his 3rd season. I would expect an uptick in his play and really hope he earns minutes. Even if he doesnt earn minutes I hope the staff see's his development and we can trade a rental player ahead of him and eventually elevate Frank. Waiting his turn isnt a terrible thing... even in year 3

it took a (new) coach to realize what Draymond had to offer. I am very pessimistic about the Knicks when it comes to Frank. They want more scoring and running out of the pg and their offense -- or so it seems. I suspect they'll continue to play him out of position because of their self-created log jam at pg

As far as the off-season, it was one tier up from the absolute worst (which would be long term deals to players in decline or broken). I guess that's something, but...

There is no where near the enthusiasm we had with the unicorn, a possible top 5 player in the league (in due course of course but that kind of ceiling). Just a couple of seasons ago we were looking forward to KP growing into the leading role, surrounding him etc. Of course he and his brother deserve a lot of blame, but i think it's very foolish to think they're solely responsible for what happened. At its core, KP wants to win (and i believe he truly wanted to be in NY) our FOs (notice the plural to make clear it's not just the current one) were unable to convince him they had an institution and plan in place to create a sustainable winning culture. Shame on them.

Imagine for a moment that they didn't trade KP (that he simply bit his tongue for the time being). Does anyone here have any credible idea how Fizz would use him? As near as I can tell (which is sad honestly) Fizz's idea of offense is to hopefully get steals and fast break on turnovers. There is no real set offense, and certainly no sense that he would have an idea how to maximize KPs strengths or have the ability to push KP in ways to expand his game. On the flip side (and again time will tell), I suspect many a basketball fan knows that Carlisle is no player's coach, yet he will fild a way for KP to expand his game (via baby hooks or whatever else)

I am now fairly convinced that FAs want nothing to do with this franchise other than get paid, and that all FAs (for the most part) will talk nicely about NY love and interest as part of their branding (and of course a few will be perfectly blunt). If we start winning, that will change of course but we seem to be allergic to that

(5)(5)
Frank and Labeyerie are playing right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy