Frank and Labeyerie are playing right now
Author Thread
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
9/14/2019  12:24 PM
+1 absplutely
And it took him a game or two to settle in here as well...
His first game against Germany he was a nonfacror!
But he has shown things I really enjoy in terms of activity on offense and also execution.
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/14/2019  12:56 PM
dodger78 wrote:+1 absplutely
But he has shown things I really enjoy in terms of activity on offense and also execution.

I think, in retrospect, Jeff probably handled his minutes the best. He handled the Jarret Jack\Frank dynamic similar to how France's coach handled the Albicy\Frank dynamic. It sounds like his Strasbourg role was also the same Frank had more physical talent than both players at this point in their careers, but he was eased in. He was given a clear defined role and the rest of his game took off from there. Some guys can rocket out the gates and be effective, especially athletic big men. But the game is more nuanced for perimeter players in the league. It shouldn't be a surprise when guys like Frank and Knox flounder a round when given too much too soon. I think the Knicks realized this with all the vet signings. It's probably too late for Frank as a Knock, but maybe Knox can be reclaimed.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

9/14/2019  2:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think, in retrospect, Jeff probably handled his minutes the best. He handled the Jarret Jack\Frank dynamic similar to how France's coach handled the Albicy\Frank dynamic. It sounds like his Strasbourg role was also the same Frank had more physical talent than both players at this point in their careers, but he was eased in. He was given a clear defined role and the rest of his game took off from there. Some guys can rocket out the gates and be effective, especially athletic big men. But the game is more nuanced for perimeter players in the league. It shouldn't be a surprise when guys like Frank and Knox flounder a round when given too much too soon. I think the Knicks realized this with all the vet signings. It's probably too late for Frank as a Knock, but maybe Knox can be reclaimed.

You right this great post and then end it on such a downer. If anything I think Frank is still part of the plan.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/14/2019  3:14 PM
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

You right this great post and then end it on such a downer. If anything I think Frank is still part of the plan.

I think they will give him the extension but I don't think he is a part of the future plan. The Knicks brought in Payton and DSJ for the point. RJ, Dot, Trier, Bullock and Ellington are all going to be getting minutes at the two. I think Knox and Morris get most of the minutes at the 3. I think either Frank or Dot is moved. Dot has a desired skill set and a contract easy to trade.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

9/14/2019  4:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think they will give him the extension but I don't think he is a part of the future plan. The Knicks brought in Payton and DSJ for the point. RJ, Dot, Trier, Bullock and Ellington are all going to be getting minutes at the two. I think Knox and Morris get most of the minutes at the 3. I think either Frank or Dot is moved. Dot has a desired skill set and a contract easy to trade.

This!!! So many bodies in the backcourt and so little mins to be distributed. Looks like Frank, Dot and possible Trier will be the odd men out, barring a great showing in training camp. 1 or possibly 2 players may get moved by the deadline...perhaps Ellington can be moved to a playoff contender...
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/15/2019  5:30 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

This!!! So many bodies in the backcourt and so little mins to be distributed. Looks like Frank, Dot and possible Trier will be the odd men out, barring a great showing in training camp. 1 or possibly 2 players may get moved by the deadline...perhaps Ellington can be moved to a playoff contender...
I wouldnt look too hard into trying to figure out the Knick moves. They desperately need PG stability and an uptick there. Competition is a good thing and none of these three are really established. I expect Payton to be able to run a team the best. After its up in the air.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG

9/17/2019  5:00 PM
Interesting comment. Bottom line is that Frank needs to produce. I like the kids potential, but quality point guard prospects get churned out ever year. I agree the situation isn't the best but he has to be consistent.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/17/2019  5:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Interesting comment. Bottom line is that Frank needs to produce. I like the kids potential, but quality point guard prospects get churned out ever year. I agree the situation isn't the best but he has to be consistent.

there is a lot to be said for how young players are utilized. We certainly saw good moments in his rookie season as defensive player/back up PG off the bench. He had a very defined role. Last year he was not good, but also looked totally out of place. Agree Frank has to produce with opportunities, but there is something to be said for being set up for success. The way the team was run last season was the worst scenario for Frank. No structure, all ISO type play... it was bad.

Best steps Knicks can take are improving from within. Frank is certainly one of those guys who can do that. 6'7 defensive stoppers at PG are NOT churned out every year. This is one you gotta see through and hope

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG

9/17/2019  5:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Interesting comment. Bottom line is that Frank needs to produce. I like the kids potential, but quality point guard prospects get churned out ever year. I agree the situation isn't the best but he has to be consistent.

there is a lot to be said for how young players are utilized. We certainly saw good moments in his rookie season as defensive player/back up PG off the bench. He had a very defined role. Last year he was not good, but also looked totally out of place. Agree Frank has to produce with opportunities, but there is something to be said for being set up for success. The way the team was run last season was the worst scenario for Frank. No structure, all ISO type play... it was bad.

Best steps Knicks can take are improving from within. Frank is certainly one of those guys who can do that. 6'7 defensive stoppers at PG are NOT churned out every year. This is one you gotta see through and hope

I agree that Frank has certain innate abilities that make him a worthwhile prospect. But he needs to show more. But this a business and new crop of cheaper prospects come out each year. Just like Denver did with Mudiay, the Knicks are going to have to make decision. Just how the league works. I think having a guy like Payton will be beneficial to DSJ and Frank. Point guard is a tough position to learn. Jack did his best, but he was running point on a walker.
Chandler
Member: #6197

9/17/2019  5:36 PM

bottom line: frank is a better pg, than fizz is a coach. fourner is right. Frank is in a crappy situation
(5)(5)
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
9/17/2019  5:40 PM
Chandler wrote:
bottom line: frank is a better pg, than fizz is a coach. fourner is right. Frank is in a crappy situation

I don’t think people want to hear the truth anymore.

BigDaddyG

9/17/2019  5:55 PM
Vmart wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I don’t think people want to hear the truth anymore.

I'm giving Fiz this season to show his ability. He was unimpressive last year, no doubt.
houston20
Member: #8797

9/17/2019  10:29 PM
Chandler wrote:

I think the knicks don't have frank in there plans because perry is not found of frank and is not his type of point guard.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

9/17/2019  10:50 PM
We all wonder what Pop could do with Frank, or Kerr....
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
9/17/2019  11:12 PM
houston20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I think the knicks don't have frank in there plans because perry is not found of frank and is not his type of point guard.

Perry has done nothing in his career. Some harp on his time with the Pistons honestly Frank has a chance to be more Billups than anyone he drafted.

houston20

9/18/2019  12:24 AM
Vmart wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Perry has done nothing in his career. Some harp on his time with the Pistons honestly Frank has a chance to be more Billups than anyone he drafted.

I doubt frank become a billups type of player he long way to go offensively but his defense is great. I think this management is more interested in investing in dsj has the future point guard of the knicks and if does well this season they could offer him rookie extension in the summer of 2020. I honestly believe that the knicks will decline frank 4 year option of his rookie contract if he doesn't do well in training camp.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/18/2019  9:48 AM
houston20 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I doubt frank become a billups type of player he long way to go offensively but his defense is great. I think this management is more interested in investing in dsj has the future point guard of the knicks and if does well this season they could offer him rookie extension in the summer of 2020. I honestly believe that the knicks will decline frank 4 year option of his rookie contract if he doesn't do well in training camp.

To make Frank an unrestricted free agent? No way in hell this happens. $8M is still UNDER the average salary for an NBA player. There is little downside to committing to the 4th year and a whole lot to declining it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

9/18/2019  10:00 AM
what's nuts is the Pistons won with D; Toronto won with D; Frank plays D
(5)(5)
houston20

9/18/2019  10:17 AM
martin wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

To make Frank an unrestricted free agent? No way in hell this happens. $8M is still UNDER the average salary for an NBA player. There is little downside to committing to the 4th year and a whole lot to declining it.

It all depends if frank does well in training camp if he doesn't i could see the front office deciding differently. The bottom line is this frank has to have a very good training to convince perry for him to stay in nyc for another year.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/18/2019  10:47 AM
houston20 wrote:
martin wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
houston20 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

It all depends if frank does well in training camp if he doesn't i could see the front office deciding differently. The bottom line is this frank has to have a very good training to convince perry for him to stay in nyc for another year.

When you make an evaluation you look at body of work and also try to project out. Looking at a 3-4 week period only is not how things work. Or if it does, you need to fire that person.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Frank and Labeyerie are playing right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy