GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/5/2019  10:03 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:El Paso, Dayton, Sandy Hook...list goes on.
#MoscowMitch and #MoscowsBitch/#TerroristTrump/#TraitorTrump

I know this is a sports forum and we primarily talk Knicks, and I am sorry if I am offending some people by bringing a "political" thread into this category, but we all have a voice...we need to use it. Can you tolerate 4 more years of this horrible "regime"?

Please for the love of God, look deep into your soul if you are still a Trump Supporter. You are supporting a party of...
Inhuman Treatment of Refugees
White Supremacists / Nationalists / KKK / Racists
No Gun Control / NRA
Money over Everything
Child Molester Nominees
Thoughts and Prayers...as in no actions
Russian Oligarch Support

Just how many bad eggs do you have to see in your basket before you decide that basket is not for you?
(Wonder if this thread can be pinned or is it too early for a 2020 election)

I support your right to use your voice and post whatever you want.
But I cannot argue with you about the subject as my opinion is not in tune with political views of the majority or posters on this forum.
But if you just want to use this thread as propaganda without any debate potential this should work.

+1

Agreed!! those who disagree do not have 1A rights protected here. Enjoy your uniformity of thought.

What thought? All I hear is a poster calling another poster's content "propaganda" without explaining why. And you agreeing with this poster. Doesnt take much thought to do that. Both of you put up or shut up.

He's been reprimanded by the powers governing this board on expressing ideas that are different than allowed.

So the alternative is just calling it propaganda? Do they have something besides "Trump is us"?
No kidding, still doesnt mean we give him a pass. Most Americans voted for the alternative in greater numbers. Wasnt much of an alternative. Would have brought us an older, crazier, and better prepared Trump in 2020. We werent going to avoid this. Now that its here, the racism, bigotry, regressive policies should be called out for what they are. Not another plunge into "whataboutism".

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
8/5/2019  12:17 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
arkrud wrote:

I know this is a sports forum and we primarily talk Knicks, and I am sorry if I am offending some people by bringing a "political" thread into this category, but we all have a voice...we need to use it. Can you tolerate 4 more years of this horrible "regime"?

Please for the love of God, look deep into your soul if you are still a Trump Supporter. You are supporting a party of...
No Gun Control / NRA
Money over Everything
Child Molester Nominees
Russian Oligarch Support

Just how many bad eggs do you have to see in your basket before you decide that basket is not for you?

But I cannot argue with you about the subject as my opinion is not in tune with political views of the majority or posters on this forum.
But if you just want to use this thread as propaganda without any debate potential this should work.

+1

Agreed!! those who disagree do not have 1A rights protected here. Enjoy your uniformity of thought.

What load of crap- Martin and Andrew are actually very tolerant (to a fault sometimes, I think)- guys that get banned not only cross a line, but then continue to do so when warned, then continue to do so and then tantrum about it until they finally get the boot (but not before playing victim). If you're referring to the posters on these boards, then for me, if you post a **** opinion, prepare to get called out on it- that's life!

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/5/2019  1:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/5/2019  1:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
arkrud wrote:

No Gun Control / NRA
Money over Everything
Child Molester Nominees
Russian Oligarch Support

+1

What load of crap- Martin and Andrew are actually very tolerant (to a fault sometimes, I think)- guys that get banned not only cross a line, but then continue to do so when warned, then continue to do so and then tantrum about it until they finally get the boot (but not before playing victim). If you're referring to the posters on these boards, then for me, if you post a **** opinion, prepare to get called out on it- that's life!

People are here to enjoy the conversations about sports and Knicks.
Sometimes this can take a political angle but still should be related to the team or at least NBA.
If someone bringing the exclusively political question directly into Knicks board only this person should be called out not others who instinctively reply with sometimes opposite views.
If one decide to be agent-provocateur it should be his exclusive responsibility.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
8/5/2019  2:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/5/2019  2:18 PM
Briggs was kicked off due to his "unpopular" opinions. I am old enough to remember when ideas were discussed even if there was disagreement. Now opposition viewpoits are shouted down as racists, mysoginists, white supremacists....etc. you name it. The discussion then turns to the accused "racist" on constant defnse about a claim he cannot possibly defend against as you cannot prove a negative. Additionally no one here knows anyone else well enough to make those claims but it does not matter.

The media sets the tone and many here follow along blindfully. I never will.

All i will say is that WE the people must stop allowing us to be divided by THEM. Together we are strong, divided we will lose.

This thread is divisive.

smackeddog
8/5/2019  3:05 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Briggs was kicked off due to his "unpopular" opinions. I am old enough to remember when ideas were discussed even if there was disagreement. Now opposition viewpoits are shouted down as racists, mysoginists, white supremacists....etc. you name it. The discussion then turns to the accused "racist" on constant defnse about a claim he cannot possibly defend against as you cannot prove a negative. Additionally no one here knows anyone else well enough to make those claims but it does not matter.

All i will say is that WE the people must stop allowing us to be divided by THEM. Together we are strong, divided we will lose.

This thread is divisive.

Briggs literally called for genocide, wanting to mass murder people based on their ethnicity, how is that not racist? How is Briggs the victim in that? Bizarre.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/5/2019  3:18 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Briggs was kicked off due to his "unpopular" opinions. I am old enough to remember when ideas were discussed even if there was disagreement. Now opposition viewpoits are shouted down as racists, mysoginists, white supremacists....etc. you name it. The discussion then turns to the accused "racist" on constant defnse about a claim he cannot possibly defend against as you cannot prove a negative. Additionally no one here knows anyone else well enough to make those claims but it does not matter.

This thread is divisive.

Briggs chose to be radical and offended some people by claiming things like he wanted to, or was cool with bombing a country someone here originated from. Briggs also stated that he himself "grabbed women by the ****" when defending Trumps words. This caused other poster to want him banned. Which isn't even the reason he was banned. He was banned because due to his own words being the cause outrage. And was asked not to participate in these threads. He chose to continue to do so after agreeing privately with the mods that he would stop. Which was explained to us.

Arkud has completely different views than some here. Yet he isn't banned, he actively participates in every single political thread. His views are often challenged so it doesn't boil down to just "unpopular opinion".

We have arguments, difference of opinions, heated exchanges etc.. constantly on this forum when it comes to Knicks basketball, players, prospects, coaches yada yada yada. Yet were not gonna blame the platform of this forum for being divisive.

Its the dog days of summer and not much Knicks talk will be presented which is usually why summer time has a lot more political threads created.

On a side note

Me personnally I am not deep into politics. I am more so fasinated by the behaviors of people. I am very fasinated to see what unfolds with Trump when he is no longer President. When he no longer holds this level of power allowing the GOP to hold office. I am interested to see if the GOP looks to throw him under the bus and turn on him. Or if they continue to ride for him. As he will have a lot of heat on him once he is no longer protected under the cloak of President.

He found a base of disgrunted people who feel that America has turned its back on them. This is something that needs to be mended or there will be no unity. Only deep seeded resentment until the next Trump presents him/herself.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/5/2019  4:04 PM
arkrud wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
arkrud wrote:I call it propaganda because I have a lot of experience with it from my 33 years living in USSR.
I witness a lot of this stuff and recognize it right away.
This specific stuff is not helpful at best but most likely hurt your own course.
People who are in anti-Trump camp are already on-board so you do not need this to convince them of anything.
Those who are in Tramp camp will not change their mind but rather became more angry and radicalized.
I will support any positive agenda and real solution.
All this finger-pointing and negativity from both political camps are getting old and annoying.
America need real leaders for all people not just some groups. And both Dems and Reps have non of this. Zero.

I have to disagree with the bolded part above. I have members in my family that were pro Trump and are now rethinking their stance after having experienced 2+ years of him and seeing what it has done to them, their lives, jobs, etc.

So those are in Trump camp can still see the light. People do grow.

No doubt. But they grow from experience and looking at good deeds not from exaggerated statements and conspiracy theories.
Only shallow people are moved by propaganda and you do not want this people to be on your side. They cannot be trusted.

So why are you thinking that all Trump supporters or at least some cannot learn from experience?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

8/5/2019  4:04 PM
jrodmc wrote:Will be interesting to see how our beloved management handles this side of an argument.

And I didn't and wouldn't vote for an indiotic loudmouth with no executive management experience and extremist views. That applied to 2016 as well as in 2008/2012.

what are you really adding to this thread?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

8/5/2019  4:06 PM
arkrud wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Trump is an imbecile. Nothing to argue. we are an imbecilic nation.

I work in mental health- I think thinking of him as an imbecile is a mistake- he's basically a psychopath, and I think he's smart in the sense of he knows exactly how to manipulate people- he has animal cunning, he knows what he's doing.

Psychopath is the property of any charismatic politician.
He has to be. Especially in the age of Reality TV.
Trump is US, all of us, left and right, black and white, reach and pure.
We created this monster and we have to leave with it the best we can.
America is huge Reality Show and it is up to each of us what role we play.

You generalize a lot, even in sports conversation. So that makes it hard to take you seriously.
Obama was quite charismatic, ditto for Bill Clinton...I'd hardly say they were psycopaths.

Cartman718

8/5/2019  4:13 PM

This thread is divisive.

Actually I am hoping to hear from Trump supporters on here why they support Trump. So far I am waiting on an actual argument differing from what I stated in the opening of the thread. So far from the people objecting, I have heard something to the effect of "you or the mods don't really want to hear what i have to say".

Thats not taking the conversation to any conclusion. But you are free to not participate if that's what you want. Participating with vague objections does not make sense. What is the viewpoint you or another Trump supporter are stating? Hopefully I have not shouted down your post.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/5/2019  5:01 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Will be interesting to see how our beloved management handles this side of an argument.

And I didn't and wouldn't vote for an indiotic loudmouth with no executive management experience and extremist views. That applied to 2016 as well as in 2008/2012.

what are you really adding to this thread?

Please let me know what your ground rules are for your little effort in Groupthink here. I made a comment about how someone noted that Briggs was banned for making unpopular views in one direction. I was simply wondering if your shrill voice in the other direction bordering on a new McCarthyism was going to be noticed as anything but positive spin.

Carry on, bro.

babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
8/5/2019  5:40 PM
wait... briggs was banned?
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
arkrud
USA
8/5/2019  6:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/5/2019  6:03 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I work in mental health- I think thinking of him as an imbecile is a mistake- he's basically a psychopath, and I think he's smart in the sense of he knows exactly how to manipulate people- he has animal cunning, he knows what he's doing.

You generalize a lot, even in sports conversation. So that makes it hard to take you seriously.
Obama was quite charismatic, ditto for Bill Clinton...I'd hardly say they were psycopaths.

We all generalize you included. This is how people are.
Obama never looked charismatic to me. Rather shy and academic.
His presidency outside of being fists AA president has nothing to take home.
One failed medical plan and worst ever international polices.
Being a wedding general of corporate mafia is nothing to do with charismatic.
Bill get more things done but corruption, moral and political kind of negate all positives.
And then came the era of Kardasians and Trumps. Not sure who is more of a president.
Who will win - big mouth or big a..ss? Whatever, Americans like to watch both in between the game.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/5/2019  7:04 PM

This thread is divisive.

Load of horse**** man

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/5/2019  10:56 PM
What I hear and what I see tells me what I need to kmow about Trump.
Cognitive defeciant narsassistic sociopath. If one can't see that, not for me to sell it.
smackeddog
8/6/2019  5:05 AM
I always find it weird how people advocating the denial of rights and life quality to ethnic minorities, women and LGBT, are the first to cry that their own rights are being violated when people simply call them out on it.
arkrud
USA
8/6/2019  7:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:I always find it weird how people advocating the denial of rights and life quality to ethnic minorities, women and LGBT, are the first to cry that their own rights are being violated when people simply call them out on it.

All white straight man are the source of all evil in the world for sure.
But don't worry. This is disappearing ethnicity. Dinosaurs.

H1AND1
Member: #5648

8/6/2019  10:53 AM
arkrud wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter....None of them were psychopaths or had mental health issues. Sorry. Your opening statement is just flat out wrong. Politicians can be egoists or charismatic or whatever but IMO Trump is at the very least a malignant narcissist which means he doesn't perceive reality in the same way a normal functioning and balances human sees it. And that is dangerous when your the most powerful person on earth.

smackeddog
8/6/2019  12:44 PM
arkrud wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I always find it weird how people advocating the denial of rights and life quality to ethnic minorities, women and LGBT, are the first to cry that their own rights are being violated when people simply call them out on it.

All white straight man are the source of all evil in the world for sure.
But don't worry. This is disappearing ethnicity. Dinosaurs.

Weird how you decide to depict an attack on bigots as an attack on white straight men, but I suppose that's the requirement when trying to depict bigots as the real victims (oh, it's not their views that are being attacked, it's them as human beings!). I think I'm going to cry.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
8/6/2019  2:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/6/2019  2:42 PM

This thread is divisive.

Politics is life. We should not be afraid to talk about it and if your views are against the majority, you should have the balls to express yourself. You seem to want to express yourself by trying to shutdown views that you do not agree with without providing any actual discussion of your views. BRIGGS was spouting some fairly radical racist stuff. He was essentially Fox News on steroids. Even then, I really did not care I BRIGGS participated.

Trust the Process
OT: We are in a fight for the soul of our nation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy