[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Urban Legend of Kevin Knox......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2019  11:32 AM
Dude gets a bad wrap around here. Some of you paint a dour picture.

Rookies are inconsistent. This kid got a ton of opportunity few Rooks get, let alone at age 19!

I prescribe that If you break it down not a full season, but month by month it gets interesting.

Dec 17.1 ppg on 31.6% shooting
Jan 13 ppg on 40.3%
Feb 13.3 on 36%
Mar 29.9 on 41%
April 15 on 37%

Then ask yourself what DON"T I KNOW? What was coach asking him to do?. Asking him to stop? Work on what aspects. We look at stats only.
He played 75 games. This kid still won't turn 20 until next month, so we can play with numbers perhaps??

He had 9 games he shot over 50%. 17.4 on 52%. what if we then took out the stinkers. I mean the really bad games, say the bottom 20. That's how many games he shot below 30%. Some he got yanked quick. Others Fiz let him bomb away. They were really bad. Rookies have them.

Im too busy but I suppose I can connect the dots to find a way to make him bad. At the same time anyone can make him look bad. My point is this kid had a very unusual season given the perceived free reign he had but we don't know what fiz was trying to do. MY opinion is Knicks think he has potential and let the kid go to school of hard "Knox" and play thru it. If there are good samples of what he is capable of at 19 then you kind of get the wiff of the potential.

Dolan has nothing to do with this. Nor Lavar Postel, Or No Dice Freddy Weis....or Oak, or any Mummy Curse that might be spelled on when Checketts left us.
This is a Kentucky blue chip kid in development. Im not stargazing this kid. Just not so damn salty on him.

Fill the glass half full, or half empty. Or , make the glass smaller?

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4278075/kevin-knox

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2019  12:26 PM
Time to bring in YouTubeKnox!
Only show the shots that fall! Maybe a comparison vid that shows he shoots just like Jerry West!
Chills...

Right now, he's Frankie 2 minus the injuries. He's insanely young, overplayed, with a coach and FO that are feeling their way out of their inherited ZenMaster nightmare. Numbers don't completely lie over the course of an entire season.

Don't take this like I'm not going all rainman on you, Nalod. I agree, give the kid some time to grow into those shoes and let his skull finish fusing.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/25/2019  12:40 PM
jrodmc wrote:Time to bring in YouTubeKnox!
Only show the shots that fall! Maybe a comparison vid that shows he shoots just like Jerry West!
Chills...

Right now, he's Frankie 2 minus the injuries. He's insanely young, overplayed, with a coach and FO that are feeling their way out of their inherited ZenMaster nightmare. Numbers don't completely lie over the course of an entire season.

Don't take this like I'm not going all rainman on you, Nalod. I agree, give the kid some time to grow into those shoes and let his skull finish fusing.

Did they?

last i checked one player remains from phils 2 yrs as president,(frank).

Ya'll make it seem like phil saddle the knicks with an Isaiah Type situation (5 or six horrendous contracts).

Like I said last season, the minute they let Knox have free reign he was already developing bad habits, which has carried over to this yrs SL it...IMO he was a 2nd yr player that should have dominated SL, which was one of the reason we were picked to win the tournament..

For the next 4 seasons he will get the AGE excuse, so it really doesn't matter what he does

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/25/2019  1:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2019  1:12 PM
Nalod wrote:Dude gets a bad wrap around here. Some of you paint a dour picture.

Rookies are inconsistent. This kid got a ton of opportunity few Rooks get, let alone at age 19!

I prescribe that If you break it down not a full season, but month by month it gets interesting.

Dec 17.1 ppg on 31.6% shooting
Jan 13 ppg on 40.3%
Feb 13.3 on 36%
Mar 29.9 on 41%
April 15 on 37%

Then ask yourself what DON"T I KNOW? What was coach asking him to do?. Asking him to stop? Work on what aspects. We look at stats only.
He played 75 games. This kid still won't turn 20 until next month, so we can play with numbers perhaps??

He had 9 games he shot over 50%. 17.4 on 52%. what if we then took out the stinkers. I mean the really bad games, say the bottom 20. That's how many games he shot below 30%. Some he got yanked quick. Others Fiz let him bomb away. They were really bad. Rookies have them.

Im too busy but I suppose I can connect the dots to find a way to make him bad. At the same time anyone can make him look bad. My point is this kid had a very unusual season given the perceived free reign he had but we don't know what fiz was trying to do. MY opinion is Knicks think he has potential and let the kid go to school of hard "Knox" and play thru it. If there are good samples of what he is capable of at 19 then you kind of get the wiff of the potential.

Dolan has nothing to do with this. Nor Lavar Postel, Or No Dice Freddy Weis....or Oak, or any Mummy Curse that might be spelled on when Checketts left us.
This is a Kentucky blue chip kid in development. Im not stargazing this kid. Just not so damn salty on him.

Fill the glass half full, or half empty. Or , make the glass smaller?

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4278075/kevin-knox

Agree. The jackals around here expect MJ year one at 19. The kid has a good 3pt shot, good build , not afraid of the moment and is able to get off his shot easily. His Bball IQ will and has gotten better. Think he has the potential to develop into a player that can take over a game offensively. No reason to not be excited about him. Think he was a solid pick. Once again want to remind those who think he is not very good that it takes 3 to 5 years for a player to develop. Even though he "didnt dominate in the SL". Cuz we all know how important that is, exvoted to see him develop with the Knicks

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/25/2019  1:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chills...

Did they?

Ya'll make it seem like phil saddle the knicks with an Isaiah Type situation (5 or six horrendous contracts).

Like I said last season, the minute they let Knox have free reign he was already developing bad habits, which has carried over to this yrs SL it...IMO he was a 2nd yr player that should have dominated SL, which was one of the reason we were picked to win the tournament..

For the next 4 seasons he will get the AGE excuse, so it really doesn't matter what he does

As of right now, right? Plus Noah.

But when Perry took over he had Lee, Noah, Melo, and a disgruntled KP to handle. We have a level understanding of this right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/25/2019  1:49 PM
Knox goes invisible for stretches and is weak. I would bet on knicks1248 if he fought Knox. He was drafted because he was supposed to be a shooter and he stunk at that. So he's got to put his dumpster fire out. I think its unfair to compare Frank to Knox because at least Frank brought something to the table
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
7/25/2019  2:22 PM
The frustrating thing about Knox for me is he seems to just stand there (at the 3 point line). He is 6'9" and actually has a decent floater. He could hustle, look like he's trying hard on defense, pass, cut, etc... But he is young and has some time to progress - let's keep our fingers crossed he develops a killer instinct or some fire at least
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/25/2019  2:26 PM
jskinny35 wrote:The frustrating thing about Knox for me is he seems to just stand there (at the 3 point line). He is 6'9" and actually has a decent floater. He could hustle, look like he's trying hard on defense, pass, cut, etc... But he is young and has some time to progress - let's keep our fingers crossed he develops a killer instinct or some fire at least

low motor...plagued him in college and HS
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/25/2019  3:04 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chills...

Did they?

But when Perry took over he had Lee, Noah, Melo, and a disgruntled KP to handle. We have a level understanding of this right?

Perry and mills job was a lot easier then when walsh took over. He had to deal with penny's bloated contract, Eddy Curry, the MDA/Murbury fued, zach, Jamal, Q rich, jerome james( he actually found a trade for JJ), contracts...he was able to clean that up in a yr and half without waiving anyone accept marbury (who was in the last yr of his contract) we had some of the worst contracts in the history of the NBA at the time.

This FO just eats contracts for breakfast, and will take 6 mill of our cap for the next 3 yrs for Noah..who only had 2 yr's left, they couldn't even negotiate a buyout.

The difference is EXPERIENCE, WALSH HAD PLENTY, mills has none...

That's my problem with DOLAN, since walsh and grunwald, he has hired very in experience ppl, who turn around and hire in experience coaches(Fisher, JH, fizdale)

At the pace they are trying to figure it out, we will be bad for a very long time..

ES
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/25/2019  5:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chills...

Did they?

Perry and mills job was a lot easier then when walsh took over. He had to deal with penny's bloated contract, Eddy Curry, the MDA/Murbury fued, zach, Jamal, Q rich, jerome james( he actually found a trade for JJ), contracts...he was able to clean that up in a yr and half without waiving anyone accept marbury (who was in the last yr of his contract) we had some of the worst contracts in the history of the NBA at the time.

This FO just eats contracts for breakfast, and will take 6 mill of our cap for the next 3 yrs for Noah..who only had 2 yr's left, they couldn't even negotiate a buyout.

That's my problem with DOLAN, since walsh and grunwald, he has hired very in experience ppl, who turn around and hire in experience coaches(Fisher, JH, fizdale)

At the pace they are trying to figure it out, we will be bad for a very long time..

are you forgetting that dolan only hired donnie because he was forced to by the league?

and then of course he wouldn't let him do his job by taking the melo trade out of his hands and unilaterally giving up the farm which donnie specifically was not willing to do. i always have wished that donnie quit immediately after that trade was announced.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/25/2019  7:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chills...

Did they?

You completely and utterly avoided addressing anything

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MS
Member: #724
7/25/2019  8:49 PM
Break him down.

Defense - below average
Foot work - worst in the league
Motor - extremely low
Ball handling - non existent
Shooting - average
Athleticism - average

That’s really what we are looking at. He’s young, but he floats, he’s not aggressive, he has no ability to put the ball on the floor, he was third in the league in travels, has a decent floater, a good nba body, shoots a low percentage and is weak.

Honestly second year players should murder summer league. Right now it looks like frank and Knox will be busts!!

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/25/2019  8:51 PM
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chills...

Did they?

are you forgetting that dolan only hired donnie because he was forced to by the league?

and then of course he wouldn't let him do his job by taking the melo trade out of his hands and unilaterally giving up the farm which donnie specifically was not willing to do. i always have wished that donnie quit immediately after that trade was announced.

Earth is flat because otherwise we will all roll over into space...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/25/2019  8:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2019  8:59 PM
Knox was exposed to the game and he was exposed to fans.
Now we see if this burned him or build him up.
Half-a..sss evaluation provides for half-a..ss clarity.
Fiz (Pat school) knows how to make it clear if player rocks or sucks.
We will find out shortly and FO will have all clarity in the world to make the decision of what Knox is.
Keeper/goner/trade piece.
Knox is just an asset and we need now for sure whet is his value.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Marv
7/25/2019  9:04 PM
arkrud wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Chills...

Did they?

Earth is flat because otherwise we will all roll over into space...

that’s a good point.

Marv
7/25/2019  9:11 PM
MS wrote:Break him down.

Defense - below average
Foot work - worst in the league
Motor - extremely low
Ball handling - non existent
Shooting - average
Athleticism - average

That’s really what we are looking at. He’s young, but he floats, he’s not aggressive, he has no ability to put the ball on the floor, he was third in the league in travels, has a decent floater, a good nba body, shoots a low percentage and is weak.

Honestly second year players should murder summer league. Right now it looks like frank and Knox will be busts!!

Shot
Drive
Playmaking
D
Energy
Size

all there.
might want to give a 19 year old a little time.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/25/2019  9:35 PM
Something to build on. The talent is there. The conditioning, experience wasnt. Needs time to learn.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/25/2019  10:09 PM
knox problem is he was drafted by a knicks team with fan hungry for a super star, especially home grown. His other problem is he ran through summer league his rookie year. And he was a high pick.

With all of that, comes high expectations he clearly wasn't ready to meet.

Lets see if there's improvement this year.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/26/2019  4:15 AM
Some you have Knox already in a box.
Rainman1248, we not talking about Dolan. He is not on the court.
We took a kid who is obviously not ready for prime time and let him play thru it.
A teen hung 25/15 and instead of thinking “kid might develop into someone we point to his deficiencies and drag Dolan on the court.

Draft a teen and let him play. “Same old Knicks”??? Hardly.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/26/2019  10:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2019  10:29 AM
Judging a player this young and raw by his performance in his first year is just ridiculous- if the Knicks had drafted Jermaine O'Neal back in the day, fans would be screaming to trade him after his rookie season. Zero patience.
Urban Legend of Kevin Knox......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy