[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Will The Knicks Win More Then 30 Games Within the Next 3 Seasons?

Author Poll
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA

I want to see how many deluded fans think they will.

Yes
No
View Results

Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/24/2019  2:37 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I said 42 to 46 wins and ppl thought i was smoking crack, the person states 3 more lottery season and you kill him for that..

I don't know one single KNICK FAN that likes james dolan, is approving rating make TRUMP look like the best president ever.

we have been a stupid run franchise since he took over, we have had 6 straight lottery season..and our goal is to win 30 fckng games and that what you guys consider progress...

You don't know any knicks fans who like James Dolan? Brilliant. James Dolan probably doesn't know anyone who likes you. Or has even heard of anyone who even GAF about you. Beeyatch about him, rail at him, but he's obviously not going anywhere. He's the owner of the most valuable NBA franchise in existence. Live with it and move on. Or not. Like I said, you believe the sky is falling continually for years in knick land? Is the world ending in 3 years? Move to the Barclays. Go west, young man. Apparently, they could use your help. Like our boy toddreallydarkmark, don't waste your time. Or mine for that matter, by telling me how I'm wasting my time as a fan of the team of my choice.

Despite several losing seasons over the last two decades, the Knicks are still the most valuable NBA franchise and third-most valuable U.S. sports franchise, per Forbes. The Knicks' $4 billion valuation is up 11 percent from last year and has them three spots ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers ($3.7 billion), a team that was valued higher than the Knicks as recently as 2012. Atlantic Division rivals Boston Celtics rank 22 while the Nets, who bested the Knicks in free agency this summer, come in at 37 on the list.

WTH are you rambling about...smh

listen, if you take this roster and put them all in a spurs uniform, the projections would not be lottery bound, it would be more like bottom half( 6th, 7th, or 8th) of the WC. Thats because of the coach, the culture, the winning habits, and the ability to raise the IQ of players.

When was the last time you heard a KNICKs FO talk about Playoffs, let me help you...It was since Woodson's last season 6 yrs ago, prior to Mills.

Really?

Here, let me help you instead:

“In our meeting at the end of the season, Carmelo (Anthony) said, ‘You know, it’s really not that bad. I think we have the best front line guys in the Eastern Conference with Robin (Lopez), Kristaps (Porzingis) and myself,'” Phil Jackson recalled. “I have to agree with him. Yes, those are three real potent figures but we still have guard roles to have to play. We’ve got some positions to fill, but not a lot — not that many.”

When asked directly if he believes the Knicks, who finished with the third-worst record in the Eastern Conference, can reach the postseason, Jackson pointed to the East being much weaker than the West.

“Why not?” Jackson asked. “I don’t know what’s so great about what’s out here in the East. We can fill that role.”

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/phil-jackson-knicks-playoffs-east/307408

That was from 2016. Almost exactly 3 whole years ago. How did idiotic aspirations of playoff grandeur work out for you then?

You going to compare the derangement that immediately followed that with the relative calm we've had since with this FO? You don't see less dysfunction? It's pretty much the same amount of pathetic losing, just with a hell of alot less dysfunction. That's got to count for something even in your world, doesn't it?

The job's not even to the half-way point bro. And not that you care about Dolan's money, but at least we're not paying a million a month for what we're getting now.

Dude take a look around the league, players don't even want long term contracts, the CBA was design so teams wouldn't kill their flexibility, 2 to 3 yr contracts are as normal as a free throw, there wont be no NOAH type contract getting signed

Quite dysfunction, nothing about that KP incident help the reputation of this franchise and you know it, we were just was skipped over by every major FA because of the lack of stability among other things...

When walsh was Hired he was saddle with a sht load of bad players and gross contracts, he purged the roster in 1 1/2 yrs and had us back in the PO during his tenure.

we have a pick up game roster, and your happy about that, The roster isn't terrible, but the direction is going in circles

I hope for the best, I want us to win, instead of 8 guys on the sideline screaming I got NEXT.

you think the phil and melo and phil drama is any different from the Mills and KP drama, it all looks dysfunctional,

You play pick up with #3 picks coming out of Duke alot do you? Lot's of 7 foot defensive phenoms walking around in your half court games at the Y? The roster's not terrible, it's just from a pick up game. Gotcha. Here, let me help you out: you make no sense.

Responding to you is rapidly becoming like having a conversation with someone coming out of a coma.

Phil and Melo are the same in your world as trading away a constantly injured unicorn and his deranged little brother? For a former first round pick and getting more first round picks? Did you love that All-Star season KP had last year leading us to the playoffs?

AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/24/2019  2:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I said 42 to 46 wins and ppl thought i was smoking crack, the person states 3 more lottery season and you kill him for that..

I don't know one single KNICK FAN that likes james dolan, is approving rating make TRUMP look like the best president ever.

we have been a stupid run franchise since he took over, we have had 6 straight lottery season..and our goal is to win 30 fckng games and that what you guys consider progress...

You don't know any knicks fans who like James Dolan? Brilliant. James Dolan probably doesn't know anyone who likes you. Or has even heard of anyone who even GAF about you. Beeyatch about him, rail at him, but he's obviously not going anywhere. He's the owner of the most valuable NBA franchise in existence. Live with it and move on. Or not. Like I said, you believe the sky is falling continually for years in knick land? Is the world ending in 3 years? Move to the Barclays. Go west, young man. Apparently, they could use your help. Like our boy toddreallydarkmark, don't waste your time. Or mine for that matter, by telling me how I'm wasting my time as a fan of the team of my choice.

Despite several losing seasons over the last two decades, the Knicks are still the most valuable NBA franchise and third-most valuable U.S. sports franchise, per Forbes. The Knicks' $4 billion valuation is up 11 percent from last year and has them three spots ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers ($3.7 billion), a team that was valued higher than the Knicks as recently as 2012. Atlantic Division rivals Boston Celtics rank 22 while the Nets, who bested the Knicks in free agency this summer, come in at 37 on the list.

WTH are you rambling about...smh

listen, if you take this roster and put them all in a spurs uniform, the projections would not be lottery bound, it would be more like bottom half( 6th, 7th, or 8th) of the WC. Thats because of the coach, the culture, the winning habits, and the ability to raise the IQ of players.

When was the last time you heard a KNICKs FO talk about Playoffs, let me help you...It was since Woodson's last season 6 yrs ago, prior to Mills.

Really?

Here, let me help you instead:

“In our meeting at the end of the season, Carmelo (Anthony) said, ‘You know, it’s really not that bad. I think we have the best front line guys in the Eastern Conference with Robin (Lopez), Kristaps (Porzingis) and myself,'” Phil Jackson recalled. “I have to agree with him. Yes, those are three real potent figures but we still have guard roles to have to play. We’ve got some positions to fill, but not a lot — not that many.”

When asked directly if he believes the Knicks, who finished with the third-worst record in the Eastern Conference, can reach the postseason, Jackson pointed to the East being much weaker than the West.

“Why not?” Jackson asked. “I don’t know what’s so great about what’s out here in the East. We can fill that role.”

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/phil-jackson-knicks-playoffs-east/307408

That was from 2016. Almost exactly 3 whole years ago. How did idiotic aspirations of playoff grandeur work out for you then?

You going to compare the derangement that immediately followed that with the relative calm we've had since with this FO? You don't see less dysfunction? It's pretty much the same amount of pathetic losing, just with a hell of alot less dysfunction. That's got to count for something even in your world, doesn't it?

The job's not even to the half-way point bro. And not that you care about Dolan's money, but at least we're not paying a million a month for what we're getting now.

Dude take a look around the league, players don't even want long term contracts, the CBA was design so teams wouldn't kill their flexibility, 2 to 3 yr contracts are as normal as a free throw, there wont be no NOAH type contract getting signed

Quite dysfunction, nothing about that KP incident help the reputation of this franchise and you know it, we were just was skipped over by every major FA because of the lack of stability among other things...

When walsh was Hired he was saddle with a sht load of bad players and gross contracts, he purged the roster in 1 1/2 yrs and had us back in the PO during his tenure.

we have a pick up game roster, and your happy about that, The roster isn't terrible, but the direction is going in circles

I hope for the best, I want us to win, instead of 8 guys on the sideline screaming I got NEXT.

you think the phil and melo and phil drama is any different from the Mills and KP drama, it all looks dysfunctional,

Do you think we are in the same position as three years ago? Prior to firing Phil, running the triangle and hiring Perry?

Problem most have with you is that YOU go around in circles. You keep harping on **** that happened but offer no solution. Its like hearing some old guy talk about all of his life regrets. Its okay to say hey we should have done this or that and I dont agreee with this or that but ****. Thats what this forum is for. But think some believe you spuing it day after day is annoying.

But back to discussion. This FO has been in place for just a couple of years. Yes I know, Mills has been aroung for more but the Perry/Mills FO has been together for jsut 2. Mind you i hate Mills and have said he is Dolans puppet. However, I liked that he hired Perry and Mills seems to have a bit more flexibility away from Dolan. Like that they dont have Phil. They have gathered a nice stash of picks. Which is a good asset to have. They unloaded some overpriced contracts. They dont have uncle Phil/Triangle anymore. They have cap flexibility and did not go all in with some overpriced long term signing (Noah and Hardaway). They have some young kids with potential. Although they did not get who I wanted, KD and KI (Who it is now being said that they picked the Nets as early as March and not that Dolan refused to give them a max), they did sign guys that were decent producers to mostly smart show me deals. And did I mention no more Phil and the Triangle.

My question for you is do you honestly think two years is enough time to judge a FO trying to rebuild a franchise from the depths Dolan and Phil had us at? Is it fair to fire a new GM after one year? You bring up Perry's track record(harping on past again) but fail to recognize that he has made good picks since here. Do you understand that most are not saying that the FO has succeeded but rather HOPEFUL it has changed the course somewhat? Is it as fast as some of us hoped, maybe not. Is it tiring hearing wait till next year to all those of us who have been waiting way too long? Of course. But just saying what most all eady know and harping on the negative does not change that.

As for thread. The 2019 Knicks will win 34 games. Which would be a huge improvement over last year and be headed in the right direction. Not exactly KD and KI in the palyoffs but curious to see how our young guys handle experienced players challenging their minutes.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jazz74
Member: #371
7/24/2019  3:57 PM
they better! this is year three of the mills/perry regime and they broke down the roster and now they have to build it up. its typically a five year window for a regime to make a team into a championship caliber one or they should be fired. we can win around 30 games this year and our goal should be better with a roster that is decent in a conference that is the weakest in years.
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
7/24/2019  5:29 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27239033/nba-offseason-survey-led-kawhi-clippers-dominate-chatter

"The criticism of the Knicks came on multiple fronts. First, after they struck out on superstar signings, they settled for middling players, rather than using their cap space to take on bad contracts and add draft assets."

"Some people were like they did a good job keeping their powder dry, but I don't even like [Julius] Randle, so I don't get what they did," an Eastern Conference executive said. "I guess it was better than spending $80 million on two free agents. But that's like saying you're eating healthier because you didn't go to McDonald's for lunch and Burger King for dinner. Yes, you're eating healthier -- but only because you couldn't eat worse."

Additionally, the Knicks were knocked for signing several players -- Randle, Taj Gibson, Bobby Portis and Marcus Morris -- who all play power forward. The glut of big men could potentially stunt the growth of last year's No. 9 overall pick, Kevin Knox, and second-team all-rookie selection Mitchell Robinson, who plays center.

"The Knicks' five-big attack is confusing to me," one Eastern Conference assistant coach said."

Where is the lie in this?

I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/24/2019  5:46 PM
toodarkmark wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27239033/nba-offseason-survey-led-kawhi-clippers-dominate-chatter

"The criticism of the Knicks came on multiple fronts. First, after they struck out on superstar signings, they settled for middling players, rather than using their cap space to take on bad contracts and add draft assets."

"Some people were like they did a good job keeping their powder dry, but I don't even like [Julius] Randle, so I don't get what they did," an Eastern Conference executive said. "I guess it was better than spending $80 million on two free agents. But that's like saying you're eating healthier because you didn't go to McDonald's for lunch and Burger King for dinner. Yes, you're eating healthier -- but only because you couldn't eat worse."

Additionally, the Knicks were knocked for signing several players -- Randle, Taj Gibson, Bobby Portis and Marcus Morris -- who all play power forward. The glut of big men could potentially stunt the growth of last year's No. 9 overall pick, Kevin Knox, and second-team all-rookie selection Mitchell Robinson, who plays center.

"The Knicks' five-big attack is confusing to me," one Eastern Conference assistant coach said."

The five power forwards argument is tired. They all play multiple positions on the court. This one "executive" doesn't like Randle, but why? His numbers stand, even under the scrutiny of analytics. We, or most of us, know we're going to be bad. But saying "I don't like Randle" and ignoring the fact that our five power forwards can play different positions and can fill different theoretical role on the roster is lazy. If you want to say our defense on the wings or our three point shooting are concerns, then fine. We spent the money and you can argue that we could've used the cap space to get assets. But to say we we were wrong to go in the direction we did doesn't tell the full story. There were a number of different directions we could've gone after we struck out on the big free agents. The Knicks front office chose this one and we'll have to wait years to see how effective it is. I'll also add that there is no one who can convince me these signings were worse than the Rozier deal.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/25/2019  3:02 AM
I love how 6 scouts/ assistant coaches thought we had the worst offseason (weirdly, unlike with other teams, all our moves are lumped together), but Golden state get a pass. Just to recap the warriors moves:

Lose:
Kevin Durant
DeMarcus Cousins
Iggy
Livingston
Quinn Cook
Jordan Bell

Sign:
WCS
Alec Burks
Glen Robinson III

Trade away 2 very lightly protected firsts (in years they are likely to be high picks)

Give a max contract (which necessitated trading away the 2 first rounders) to D-Lo (huge overpay), who plays the same position as their star player and also doesn't fit their style of play. Bizarrely this is heralded as a great move

jazz74
Member: #371
7/25/2019  8:43 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
toodarkmark wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27239033/nba-offseason-survey-led-kawhi-clippers-dominate-chatter

The five power forwards argument is tired. They all play multiple positions on the court. This one "executive" doesn't like Randle, but why? His numbers stand, even under the scrutiny of analytics. We, or most of us, know we're going to be bad. But saying "I don't like Randle" and ignoring the fact that our five power forwards can play different positions and can fill different theoretical role on the roster is lazy. If you want to say our defense on the wings or our three point shooting are concerns, then fine. We spent the money and you can argue that we could've used the cap space to get assets. But to say we we were wrong to go in the direction we did doesn't tell the full story. There were a number of different directions we could've gone after we struck out on the big free agents. The Knicks front office chose this one and we'll have to wait years to see how effective it is. I'll also add that there is no one who can convince me these signings were worse than the Rozier deal.

I think new York was in a situation where it is damn if you do damn if you don't. if they did do what some suggested and traded for bad contracts we would be criticized for taking on salary. it is all about crapping on the knicks and hey we deserve it until we get out of this rut. bigdaddy is right about looking at the whole context of who we signed. these players can play multiple positions and we are deep for once so when an inevitable injury comes up we are prepared. I also like the fact that we have veterans that will push the young kids. knox needs to be PUSHED. dsj needs to be PUSHED. the only young player we have that is cool where he is will be mitch. knox and dsj needs to earn their starting roles which is something they did not have to worry about last year.

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/25/2019  9:33 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Big Daddy I generally like your insights but I don't understand why the 5 PF criticism is illegitimate. THere have been many debates on this forum about the value of a pf, especially if they cannot guard on the perimeter

Also there is certainly a risk that with the flexible (i.e., short term) contracts some of these guys are going to be selfish to generate the numbers for their next contract. (Not good environment for tutelage of the young core) A lot will depend on how selfless the players are and time will tell of course.

I think for now, as fans, it's time to support the team and hope for the best, but personally i think there are very many legitimate criticisms with the direction of the team and reason for concern. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive

(5)(5)
blkexec
Member: #748
7/25/2019  9:38 AM
Dont care.....as long as we show no fear against the top teams. Get wins when everybody think we will lose. Then lose to all the bad teams. I'll be happy with that. Plus RJ gets ROY. That's more important to me. Youth development. Coaching development.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/25/2019  9:54 AM
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Big Daddy I generally like your insights but I don't understand why the 5 PF criticism is illegitimate. THere have been many debates on this forum about the value of a pf, especially if they cannot guard on the perimeter

Also there is certainly a risk that with the flexible (i.e., short term) contracts some of these guys are going to be selfish to generate the numbers for their next contract. (Not good environment for tutelage of the young core) A lot will depend on how selfless the players are and time will tell of course.

I think for now, as fans, it's time to support the team and hope for the best, but personally i think there are very many legitimate criticisms with the direction of the team and reason for concern. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive

Why do you think it is legitimate? What is your alternate use of the cap space and roster spot?

Marcus Morris will probably start at SF, with Knox backing him up. That leaves Randle, Taj, Portis. We all know that Mitch will probably be limited in minutes and that 2 of those PF's will see minutes at C.

If the Knicks DIDN'T spend the roster slot on a PF and it was only 4 guys... would that make everyone happy? It's a who cares moment for me.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2019  10:02 AM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Why do you think it is legitimate? What is your alternate use of the cap space and roster spot?

Marcus Morris will probably start at SF, with Knox backing him up. That leaves Randle, Taj, Portis. We all know that Mitch will probably be limited in minutes and that 2 of those PF's will see minutes at C.

If the Knicks DIDN'T spend the roster slot on a PF and it was only 4 guys... would that make everyone happy? It's a who cares moment for me.

+1
We're worried about developing a #9 pick who got his socks run off him last year and finished weak. And Mitch is a phenom, but he's still liable to foul out in 24 minutes if he's not used wisely.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/25/2019  2:55 PM
I still don’t get all the mockery of us signing PFs. Our depth chart be for free agency was;

Pg- DSJ, Frank
Sg- Dotson, Trier, RJ
SF- Knox
PF
C- Mitch

We signed a SG (Ellington), a PG (Elfrid), a SF (Bullock), a SF/PF (Marcus, needed since Bullock can’t play this year), and three players who can play PF/C- Taj, Randle and Portis. What’s the big deal? What other position should we have filled? We had no PFs, and only one C.

Chandler

7/25/2019  3:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2019  3:42 PM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think in today's NBA there's a trend for sf and sg and pg launching 3s and driving to the rim. this is based purely on the math of expected points per shot attempt. 5 PFs is too many.

If the solution is to play pfs (e.g., Marcus and KK) at sf you may end up with only 3 pfs, but you have now shifted the problem to over-sized sfs. WIll they be able to guard the other teams SFs at the perimeter? (we used to criticize KP at PF because of deficiencies at guarding the perimeter)

To be clear I'll be rooting for the Knicks but there are major questions about the roster not just a log jam at pf and a real risk of selfish play

in terms of alternatives, once we knew we were out of the running on Kawhi I would have been using cap space to absorb bad contracts and get assets. Keep in mind there are some bad contracts for good players. it's just they're being over-paid; they're not all cancers.

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/25/2019  3:56 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think in today's NBA there's a trend for sf and sg and pg launching 3s and driving to the rim. this is based purely on the math of expected points per shot attempt. 5 PFs is too many.

If the solution is to play pfs (e.g., Marcus and KK) at sf you may end up with only 3 pfs, but you have now shifted the problem to over-sized sfs. WIll they be able to guard the other teams SFs at the perimeter? (we used to criticize KP at PF because of deficiencies at guarding the perimeter)

To be clear I'll be rooting for the Knicks but there are major questions about the roster not just a log jam at pf and a real risk of selfish play

in terms of alternatives, once we knew we were out of the running on Kawhi I would have been using cap space to absorb bad contracts and get assets. Keep in mind there are some bad contracts for good players. it's just they're being over-paid; they're not all cancers.

10-Dion Waiters – Miami Heat – Signed to a four-year, $52 million contract in 2017

9-Hassan Whiteside – Miami Heat – Signed to a four-year, $98 million contract in 2016

8- Joakim Noah – New York Knicks – Signed to a four-year, $72 million contract in 2016--already waived

7-Gordon Hayward – Boston Celtics – Signed a four-year, $127 million contract in 2017

6- Kevin Love – Cleveland Cavaliers – Signed a four-year, $120 million contract in 2018

5-Chandler Parsons – Memphis Grizzlies – Signed a four-year, $94 million contract in 2016

4.Nicholas Batum – Charlotte Hornets – Signed a five-year, $120 million contract in 2016

3- Chris Paul – Houston Rockets – Signed a four-year, $160 million contract in 2018

2-. Andrew Wiggins – Minnesota Timberwolves – Signed a five-year, $148 million contract in 2017--I see knox heading in this direction

1-John Wall – Washington Wizards – Signed a four-year, $170 million contract in 2017--this contract starts this season

would you have absorb any of these, because I surely wouldn't

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/25/2019  3:56 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

We still have Dot, who's guarded 3-5, Frank, Trier and Maybe even Knox/Barrett, Iggy to throw out there to guard wings in various matchups. Fiz is going to have to coach.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/25/2019  5:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2019  5:08 PM
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Think you bring up a good point with having a concern that 1 year signings will just play for stats and a new contract. However, if you look at most of our current short term contracts, they all have a team option. So in a sense they are playing for themselves but will have to buy in to the Knicks system if they want to be asked back. Also, when lookiing at last years one year deals,they all, for the most part, seemed to have played well.

In terms of PF label for all our new signings. Morris has played mostly SF. Randle was rotated at the 5 often last year. Portis has the height and is listed as a 5. Taj was known for being able to play the 3 to 5 for many years and will probably be more of a vet presence.

As for stunning growth. Still see Knox as back up behind Morris and at times a 4 in small spread lineup. Mitch is great but teams will feed their 5 on him to guet him into foul trouble. Therefore Portis, Randle and Taj can fill those minutes. He is also only in his second year so I dont think that 20 to 25 minutes a game is stunning.

I still think Portis starts at 5, Randle at 4, Morris at 3, Dotson at 2 and Smith at 1.
Mitch will backup at 5, Taj at 4, knox at 3, RJ at 2 and Payton at 1 with Trier getting some minites with a small lineup and will,take some of RJs minutes if he has it going.

Was upset over FA but after taking a step back and analyzing plan B, I see the only curious moves being Bullock, if Knicks knew of impending surgery, and Taj as I thought they over paid and could have signed another shooter at the 2.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler

7/26/2019  8:55 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Think you bring up a good point with having a concern that 1 year signings will just play for stats and a new contract. However, if you look at most of our current short term contracts, they all have a team option. So in a sense they are playing for themselves but will have to buy in to the Knicks system if they want to be asked back. Also, when lookiing at last years one year deals,they all, for the most part, seemed to have played well.

In terms of PF label for all our new signings. Morris has played mostly SF. Randle was rotated at the 5 often last year. Portis has the height and is listed as a 5. Taj was known for being able to play the 3 to 5 for many years and will probably be more of a vet presence.

As for stunning growth. Still see Knox as back up behind Morris and at times a 4 in small spread lineup. Mitch is great but teams will feed their 5 on him to guet him into foul trouble. Therefore Portis, Randle and Taj can fill those minutes. He is also only in his second year so I dont think that 20 to 25 minutes a game is stunning.

I still think Portis starts at 5, Randle at 4, Morris at 3, Dotson at 2 and Smith at 1.
Mitch will backup at 5, Taj at 4, knox at 3, RJ at 2 and Payton at 1 with Trier getting some minites with a small lineup and will,take some of RJs minutes if he has it going.

Was upset over FA but after taking a step back and analyzing plan B, I see the only curious moves being Bullock, if Knicks knew of impending surgery, and Taj as I thought they over paid and could have signed another shooter at the 2.

Good points. I'm not overly concerned about stunting growth; i think throwing the players to the wolves can backfire leading to bad habits

A lot of these guys were the best players on their college teams and may have developed attitudes like there's nothing to learn from their teammates (because they're all worse)

they get to the NBA and now it's a different situation. I have no problem with young guys watching (if they can't contribute immediately) and earning their minutes

This year will definitely be an inflection point. One way or the other we'll see if the FO is ahead of the curve, and if the CS can coach and develop

I am personally very happy we didn't sign KD (especially when he got injured) and Kyrie. I would have preferred a full-fledged plan to get Kawhi (and whoever he wanted) and failing that would have sought to absorb bad contract (not bad players) and assets

(5)(5)
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/26/2019  9:39 AM
I’m thinking playoffs this year.

We have one of the deepest teams in the NBA now.

Also with some vet signings it allows our kids to sit back and learn.

I think Robinson and Julius are one of the best front court tandems in the east.

DSJR with a improved jumper... watch out this kid has star potential and now defenses are going to have to guard him. This is going to give this kid lanes to the hoop! Kid needs to stay healthy but that’s why we brought in Payton.

Portis as a back up is much improved from kornet as well as TG as a back up 4

Zo has 6man of the year written all over him.

Knox who I think is going to be a stud with way less pressure from opposing teams is going to light it up and he gets to learn from a solid vet in Morris. Knox is going to be a stud off the Bench, and will ease his transition to a starter next year.

Again this team is deep and fiz can play the hot hand.

Dsjr,Payton,frank
RJ,Zo,Dot
Morris,Knox,Ellington
Randle,Gibson,Iggy
Robinson,Portis,Wooten

That team is deep, with offensive and defensive weapons. I think we get into the playoffs with this roster if healthy.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/26/2019  11:02 AM
fitzfarm wrote:I’m thinking playoffs this year.

I think Robinson and Julius are one of the best front court tandems in the east.

DSJR with a improved jumper... watch out this kid has star potential and now defenses are going to have to guard him. This is going to give this kid lanes to the hoop! Kid needs to stay healthy but that’s why we brought in Payton.

Knox who I think is going to be a stud with way less pressure from opposing teams is going to light it up and he gets to learn from a solid vet in Morris. Knox is going to be a stud off the Bench, and will ease his transition to a starter next year.

Dsjr,Payton,frank
RJ,Zo,Dot
Morris,Knox,Ellington
Randle,Gibson,Iggy
Robinson,Portis,Wooten

That team is deep, with offensive and defensive weapons. I think we get into the playoffs with this roster if healthy.

I'm inclined to agree or at least feel this is a 35+ win potential team, and in a very week East, anything can happen in the slots 10 to 7.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2019  1:40 PM
martin wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I’m thinking playoffs this year.

Dsjr,Payton,frank
RJ,Zo,Dot
Morris,Knox,Ellington
Randle,Gibson,Iggy
Robinson,Portis,Wooten

I'm inclined to agree or at least feel this is a 35+ win potential team, and in a very week East, anything can happen in the slots 10 to 7.

I am really excited to see Randle and Mitch on the court together. I also think one of DSJ or Payton will provide competent point guard play and hopefully more.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy