[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ESPN Ranks Knicks 28th
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/17/2019  12:17 PM
The draft in general is a crap shoot. There is no way of knowing which players positives will translate and which players weaknesses will hold them back. Malik Monk & DSjr were both rated higher than Donovan Mitchell going into the draft. People saw Monks scoring/shooting potential and hoped that he could round out the rest of his game to turn into a Bradely Beal type. Hoping his positives will translate while he rounded out his weaknesses. So far instead his negatives of lack of size, defense, creating for others have got the best of him over his positives. Mitchell on the other hand wasn't viewed as a strong finisher at the rim or skilled enough offensively with the ball to be considered a future star. Though he had the build, wingspan, atheltism all at NBA level. For him most of those skills he didn't show to enough in college translated nicely to the NBA.

Frank just like the other prospects came in with his strengths and weaknesses. He has struggled translating his game to NBA level. He lacked NBA S&C. He lacked NBA level craft. He does have NBA work ethic though. I am hoping his work ethic can develop NBA level S&C as well as NBA level craft.

I agree with the principals Frank was drafted for hit or miss.

In terms of the 8th pick. The only thing that would make sense would be in terms of value. In comparison is the 8th pick similar to a mid range jump shot. Can you net the same or similar value trading down while adding more assets on average?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
7/17/2019  4:54 PM
I love coming on here and seeing people attack ESPN for telling the truth. #28 is too high. They're not breaking 20 wins.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/17/2019  5:46 PM
toodarkmark wrote:I love coming on here and seeing people attack ESPN for telling the truth. #28 is too high. They're not breaking 20 wins.

WE are attacking them for a tired rhetoric not evaluation about the roster.
few if any are that enthusiastic about next season. Its mostly we are hopeful about some things.

toodarkmark
USA
7/17/2019  8:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
toodarkmark wrote:I love coming on here and seeing people attack ESPN for telling the truth. #28 is too high. They're not breaking 20 wins.

few if any are that enthusiastic about next season. Its mostly we are hopeful about some things.

Nalod Ive seen your name since 2004 or 05, so I know you have stayed hopeful. Tell me why anyone objective would see any hope for the Knicks?

fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

7/17/2019  8:11 PM

Man with Morris, Randal, Payton, Portis a better Mitch,Knox,DSJR,frank,ZO

Rookie additions of RJ and Iggy

If we don’t break 30 wins fiz should be on the chopping block

fwk00
Member: #6048

7/17/2019  9:05 PM
Basketball moneyball team.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/17/2019  11:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2019  12:17 AM
toodarkmark wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Nalod Ive seen your name since 2004 or 05, so I know you have stayed hopeful. Tell me why anyone objective would see any hope for the Knicks?

YOung coach, PIcks, rookies, Blue chip pedigree guys from Kentucky and Duke. Thats new. Mitch jumping out the building. No starphuchs. It feels different. Not same old shyt. Vin Bakers not stumbling around, No empty cap’t crunch boxes from Eddy, no Isiah......

This is my team. I’m rooting for good things. I’m interested in this young team. The executives now running things with a purpose. Sure not every thing will go well, but I can dream.

Last year we hoped for better. KP was bragging his super aryan healing powers and could be back in 10 months and maybe by late year rust would have shook off. Cap space to pair hm with. No shyt show 17 win predicted. It happens. I don’t watch as many games last year. Team still played hard and there is interest.

If Winning is fun and important, but if you can’t be entertained if things dont go as planned being miserable about is is kind of a waste of recreation time.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/18/2019  3:24 AM
toodarkmark wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You clearly are on some level hopeful or you wouldn't follow the team. If you genuinely believed they're awful and completely doomed and have no hope, then don't waste your time following them- find something more constructive to do with your time. I never get this need in some Knick followers who feel the need to try and grind down any other fan who's optimistic. Guess misery loves company.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/18/2019  9:35 AM

So you're at least optimistic that we may not be setting a new record low for wins! Slightylessdarkmark!

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/18/2019  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2019  10:17 AM
smackeddog wrote:
toodarkmark wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You clearly are on some level hopeful or you wouldn't follow the team. If you genuinely believed they're awful and completely doomed and have no hope, then don't waste your time following them- find something more constructive to do with your time. I never get this need in some Knick followers who feel the need to try and grind down any other fan who's optimistic. Guess misery loves company.

Misery is not coming from outside.
If someone is miserable in his own company he hopes that relief will come from someone else positive thinking.
So it is always good for those who fell happy to share their enthusiasm with those who down, instead of bringing them down more and destroy own optimism in the process.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/18/2019  11:20 AM
jrodmc wrote:

So you're at least optimistic that we may not be setting a new record low for wins! Slightylessdarkmark!

Makes this a little better then when TKF picked the Knicks to lose every game on game picker.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/18/2019  4:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Makes this a little better then when TKF picked the Knicks to lose every game on game picker.

Wow... tkf, d7thtkf (or whatever his name was)... good times those were. Fighting the good fight against such reckless hate that was heralded as "fandom"...

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/18/2019  6:19 PM
fitzfarm wrote:

Man with Morris, Randal, Payton, Portis a better Mitch,Knox,DSJR,frank,ZO

Rookie additions of RJ and Iggy

If we don’t break 30 wins fiz should be on the chopping block

Yeah it’s obvious this roster is good for 30+ wins but this is a culture thing. The culture needs to truly change for espn to think we will win to the level of talent that the roster possesses. Until then they will always be pessimistic.

markvmc
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1797

7/20/2019  11:46 PM
We own our pick next season, right? Good reason to hope ESPN is closer to the truth than some of the more optimistic predictions here. I'd guess ESPN has been more accurate over the past 10 seasons or so than the average of UK poster predictions.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/21/2019  7:56 AM
markvmc wrote:We own our pick next season, right? Good reason to hope ESPN is closer to the truth than some of the more optimistic predictions here. I'd guess ESPN has been more accurate over the past 10 seasons or so than the average of UK poster predictions.

So you rather have the 5th or 6th pick, the cavs and suns pick, who by the way was the 2nd and 3rd worse team. You dont need to tank to get those picks

We also need a culture change. As we saw, cap space is not enough. We need to show some fight, and this is where plan B comes into play. While allowing the rookies to land soft.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/21/2019  6:36 PM

this post is garbage. they are not breaking 20 wins? in a situation where the newly hired vets have to show they can bring value otherwise no 2nd year option? GTFOH
If the team shows up as "solid", they'll be knocking on 30 to 35 wins

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/22/2019  9:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2019  9:42 AM

I think you are a little off.. I think this is a 27 to 32 win team, that said, I completely feel you. the NBA is a stars league, right? Anyone arguing that point? Teams
with player(s) that are better than our best player (Randle, IMO):

better top player than the Knicks:
Celtics
Nets
Sixers
Raptors
Cavs
Pistons
Pacers
Bucks
Nuggets
TWolves
Blazers
Jazz
GSW
LAC
Suns
Kings
Heat
Magic
Wiz
Mavs
Rockets
Pelicans
Spurs

Possibly better top player than the Knicks:
OKC
Hawks
Bulls

Not better top player than the Knicks:
Hornets
Grizz

Seems to me that being ranked #28 was kind. Yeah, we signed guys, but not many move the needle, and people act like these guys all instinctively know how to play together. Anyone who has actually played basketball knows that after some time guys don't need to think and just know how to play together. That's gonna happen the first two months of the season?

BTW, I back-of-napkin made that list up in two minutes without coffee. If anyone has a valid team to drop I will edit the list. But I mean my overall point stands. If you think the Knicks have a better player than 10 teams in the league you are drinking the koolaid

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/22/2019  9:55 AM
Just as a reminder, Pelicans had Payton and Randle (and AD and Jrue) and won 33. (We should also keep in mind that both Randle and Payton may have benefited to some degree from AD -- a luxury they won't enjoy with Knicks)

I think we land in the upper 20s or very low 30s

(5)(5)
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/24/2019  1:02 PM
Biased journalism at its worst. Just more clickbait, to sell adds, to promote a certain brand of Knicks hate. We were a lock for 27!

Guess we might have to do something ridiculous like make the playoffs to stop the constant Knicks hate.

toodarkmark
USA
7/24/2019  5:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Biased journalism at its worst. Just more clickbait, to sell adds, to promote a certain brand of Knicks hate. We were a lock for 27!

Guess we might have to do something ridiculous like make the playoffs to stop the constant Knicks hate.

And when they don't make the playoffs in 20, 21, 22, will it still be "biased journalism?"

ESPN Ranks Knicks 28th

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy