next disgruntled superstar traded?
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
7/16/2019  9:36 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jazz74 wrote:wow in the past two years we have pg13, butler, kyrie, westbrook, leonard and kp traded. it seems like there are many disgruntled stars who want to leave their situations which is why teams are stockpiling assets to get ready for the next blockbuster trade. the question is who will be the next superstar to be traded? if Portland is knocked out in the first round next year I can see lillard getting traded.

Lilliard has listed NY as a potential trade destination in the past. Also, I've heard KAT mentioned in passing the past few months. Jimmy Butler is always a possible.

Rumor that won't die right now is Tilman Fertitta wants Harden gone now that Westbrook is in town.

From a marketing standpoint, WB is more valuable. Also apparently elements within the franchise are just weary of Harden ( He's high maintenance, even beyond the typical NBA star)

This may end up with Morey pulling a Brian Cashman and simply stalling his owner out of a nutty decision. Like the way Torre and Cash would misdirect Old Man Steinbrenner from dumb choices.

I would trade for harden who is relatively durable and top ten player. I think ALL stars have a certain type of "baggage" that comes with the territory. I think it is herd to build a team around him but he would make us a upper seeded playoff teasm in the east. not many players can turn the tide themselves but harden is one of those players.

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/16/2019  10:18 AM
jazz74 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
jazz74 wrote:wow in the past two years we have pg13, butler, kyrie, westbrook, leonard and kp traded. it seems like there are many disgruntled stars who want to leave their situations which is why teams are stockpiling assets to get ready for the next blockbuster trade. the question is who will be the next superstar to be traded? if Portland is knocked out in the first round next year I can see lillard getting traded.

Lilliard has listed NY as a potential trade destination in the past. Also, I've heard KAT mentioned in passing the past few months. Jimmy Butler is always a possible.

Rumor that won't die right now is Tilman Fertitta wants Harden gone now that Westbrook is in town.

From a marketing standpoint, WB is more valuable. Also apparently elements within the franchise are just weary of Harden ( He's high maintenance, even beyond the typical NBA star)

This may end up with Morey pulling a Brian Cashman and simply stalling his owner out of a nutty decision. Like the way Torre and Cash would misdirect Old Man Steinbrenner from dumb choices.

I would trade for harden who is relatively durable and top ten player. I think ALL stars have a certain type of "baggage" that comes with the territory. I think it is herd to build a team around him but he would make us a upper seeded playoff teasm in the east. not many players can turn the tide themselves but harden is one of those players.

We should have a different coach and very specific roster.
Harden is special player.
To succeed with him organization have to setup the personal accordingly.
The way we building is versatility. Beard is not that type of player.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/16/2019  10:35 AM
arkrud wrote:
jazz74 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Crap like this is why Media paints us:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/16/lakers-anthony-davis-doomsday-scenario-gives-knicks-hope/

Then when Davis reups with Lakers the headline is "Davis resigns with Lakers in apparent snub of Knicks"......
Be great to nab him as a free agent. But c'mon man, this crap goes on each year. The Giannis thing is two years out and already talked about.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/16/2019  1:15 PM
Nalod wrote:
arkrud wrote:
jazz74 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/16/lakers-anthony-davis-doomsday-scenario-gives-knicks-hope/

Then when Davis reups with Lakers the headline is "Davis resigns with Lakers in apparent snub of Knicks"......
Be great to nab him as a free agent. But c'mon man, this crap goes on each year. The Giannis thing is two years out and already talked about.

It's so tedious- they do it with every star player- "player x could be a Knick next offseason!", then when it doesn't happen, it's not a case that their story was BS, nope! It's that the Knicks somehow messed up

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/16/2019  1:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2019  1:44 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Wow! That would be a huge mistake. It also makes me wonder how much rope Morey has left before he hangs out to dry. A trade like that would signal that Fertitta values Morey's opinion as a poster on Clutchfans.com. He already overruled Morey on the firing and now they have this weird dynamic heading into next season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/16/2019  1:52 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:
arkrud wrote:
jazz74 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

It's so tedious- they do it with every star player- "player x could be a Knick next offseason!", then when it doesn't happen, it's not a case that their story was BS, nope! It's that the Knicks somehow messed up

AD as FA will be a huge deal.
AD in trade would be a disaster.
This is true about almost any top FA.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/17/2019  7:45 AM
arkrud wrote:
jazz74 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

And we would need a very different fan base. Imagine the Clydisms watching Harden's "defense" night after night...

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/17/2019  10:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2019  10:54 AM
Possible trade with pelicans

Just look at the shooting guard position. Hart, Walker-Alexander, Redick, E'Twaun Moore and Jrue Holiday would all be starters on certain teams. How does New Orleans plan to find minutes for all of them? They could slide some over to small forward, but Ingram and Kenrich Williams are in the picture there as well, while Ball and Frank Jackson should play the bulk of their point guard minutes. Hayes might not see the court at all as a rookie, as Favors and Jahlil Okafor will demand playing time, and Williamson will need to be exposed to some center minutes just to see how he fares.

The Pelicans have a very bright future, and having too much talent is the epitome of a first-world problem. But it is still a problem. Right now, there roster is unbalanced, and keeping all of those players happy both now and in the future is going to be their greatest task now that Davis is a Laker.

we have too many fwds and they have to many Guards.

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

ES
Nalod
USA
7/17/2019  11:11 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Possible trade with pelicans

Just look at the shooting guard position. Hart, Walker-Alexander, Redick, E'Twaun Moore and Jrue Holiday would all be starters on certain teams. How does New Orleans plan to find minutes for all of them? They could slide some over to small forward, but Ingram and Kenrich Williams are in the picture there as well, while Ball and Frank Jackson should play the bulk of their point guard minutes. Hayes might not see the court at all as a rookie, as Favors and Jahlil Okafor will demand playing time, and Williamson will need to be exposed to some center minutes just to see how he fares.

The Pelicans have a very bright future, and having too much talent is the epitome of a first-world problem. But it is still a problem. Right now, there roster is unbalanced, and keeping all of those players happy both now and in the future is going to be their greatest task now that Davis is a Laker.

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

They have Jaxon Hayes a kind of raw big like Mitch with limited offense. Might be redundant.
Not sure I want Lavar anywhere in NY, nor have to decide on Lonzo getting paid now he entering 3rd year. We have a bonafide blue chip kid and you want to trade him? Aren't you the guy who says we don't develop guys?
Won't Lonzo still need development too? He has not proven much on the court yet.

knicks1248
7/17/2019  11:31 AM
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

They have Jaxon Hayes a kind of raw big like Mitch with limited offense. Might be redundant.
Not sure I want Lavar anywhere in NY, nor have to decide on Lonzo getting paid now he entering 3rd year. We have a bonafide blue chip kid and you want to trade him? Aren't you the guy who says we don't develop guys?
Won't Lonzo still need development too? He has not proven much on the court yet.

Neither has Mitch..

The thing is, I don't see fiz as an X/O coach, and I don't see DSJ as a facilitator..Im not a Fan of Lavar at all, but his son has skills.

I didn't say we don't develop, I said we don't know how to develop..

We have too many ISO guy's on this roster, and it needs to be more balance, that's not a knock on mitch, but he would be the likely candidate considering their needs

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/17/2019  11:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

Neither has Mitch..

The thing is, I don't see fiz as an X/O coach, and I don't see DSJ as a facilitator..Im not a Fan of Lavar at all, but his son has skills.

We have too many ISO guy's on this roster, and it needs to be more balance, that's not a knock on mitch, but he would be the likely candidate considering their needs

Mitch for Lonzo would be a god awful trade...thank god they wouldn't do that
knicks1248
7/17/2019  1:49 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

Neither has Mitch..

well you think everyone the knicks draft will be an all star, and you have always been opposed to trading anyone the knicks draft or undrafted..

Its just like franks loyalist will eat rocks before they accept a trade for him, while others would trade him for a bag of rocks.

Ball is a #2 overall pick and even if that draft was done over mitch would not get picked before lonzo by any team

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/17/2019  2:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

Neither has Mitch..

well you think everyone the knicks draft will be an all star, and you have always been opposed to trading anyone the knicks draft or undrafted..

Its just like franks loyalist will eat rocks before they accept a trade for him, while others would trade him for a bag of rocks.

Ball is a #2 overall pick and even if that draft was done over mitch would not get picked before lonzo by any team

and you are retarded. Back to the point. Its a terrible trade. But you know what is funny? You are always making up stupid stuff about the value of shooting. Once again you contradict yourself. You want to trade for a PG who cant shoot? We already have those. Your genius is unsurpassed.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
7/17/2019  3:13 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

Neither has Mitch..

and you are retarded. Back to the point. Its a terrible trade. But you know what is funny? You are always making up stupid stuff about the value of shooting. Once again you contradict yourself. You want to trade for a PG who cant shoot? We already have those. Your genius is unsurpassed.

I don't hear you bring up the fact that Mitch can't shoot beyond 3 feet either, they both have certain skill sets that make them attractive in the right situation..

We led the league in Isolation plays last season you retard..lol..But you bash melo

If i agreed with you right now, you would change your story just so you can disagree, and you have done that in the past.

Payton can't shoot, yet you said he was a quality pick up..Frank can't shoot yet you talk about how young he is and the potential he has, now you want to act as if Ball has less potential than frank, and he's a finish product..GTFOH..FISH

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/17/2019  3:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

Neither has Mitch..

I don't hear you bring up the fact that Mitch can't shoot beyond 3 feet either, they both have certain skill sets that make them attractive in the right situation..

We led the league in Isolation plays last season you retard..lol..But you bash melo

If i agreed with you right now, you would change your story just so you can disagree, and you have done that in the past.

Payton can't shoot, yet you said he was a quality pick up..Frank can't shoot yet you talk about how young he is and the potential he has, now you want to act as if Ball has less potential than frank, and he's a finish product..GTFOH..FISH

LOL. Comparing Mitch and Lonzo. Its like the same thing
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
7/17/2019  4:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

Neither has Mitch..

LOL. Comparing Mitch and Lonzo. Its like the same thing

Your stooping down to his level. You can't win there. Reason? you lose once you step off the curb.
He changes the narrative. He'll then tell you what you thought. Imagine, can't construct a thought but like santa clause he knows all bout you.
Better off arguing why there is not a popular Blue food.

smackeddog
7/18/2019  3:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

Neither has Mitch..

this is why I always find it funny when the most ardent Knick critics, who spend months laying into every move and denouncing the GM as dumb, finally reveal their proposals- they're usually awful. So I do invite you to continue and say how you would rebuild this team- you've proposed trading Mitch for Lonzo, Pels have hung up the phone on you because they already drafted a Mitch like C. What's your next move?

knicks1248
7/18/2019  9:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

Neither has Mitch..

this is why I always find it funny when the most ardent Knick critics, who spend months laying into every move and denouncing the GM as dumb, finally reveal their proposals- they're usually awful. So I do invite you to continue and say how you would rebuild this team- you've proposed trading Mitch for Lonzo, Pels have hung up the phone on you because they already drafted a Mitch like C. What's your next move?

I recall both you fish and martin were thrilled with the signing of baker,then came the signing of mario and i told you Baker was done...you guys attack me again like I was making **** up, and how bakers hustle and scrappy play would be his key to getting minutes..

Well guess what happened to baker.

When I said we need more vets, you guys accuse me of not wanting to build through the draft, weLL guess what we did this off season.

Fish attacks me for looking at Ball has a good floor general..something he just said we needed on another thread, and he all of sudden brings up his shooting as if jason kidd was always a knock down shooter.

A straight up mitch for ball would not work unless you added draft picks, but whats more important a floor general who make **** easy for the rest of his teammates or a shot blocker who will be in foul trouble constantly

ES
smackeddog
7/19/2019  3:22 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

Neither has Mitch..

When I said we need more vets, you guys accuse me of not wanting to build through the draft, weLL guess what we did this off season.

So let me guess this right- the Knicks did what you wanted them to do (sign more vets), AND you think they're going to win at least 45 games. So why are you always whinging?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/19/2019  8:59 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mitch for Lonzo...maybe.

Neither has Mitch..

I recall both you fish and martin were thrilled with the signing of baker,then came the signing of mario and i told you Baker was done...you guys attack me again like I was making **** up, and how bakers hustle and scrappy play would be his key to getting minutes..

Well guess what happened to baker.

Fish attacks me for looking at Ball has a good floor general..something he just said we needed on another thread, and he all of sudden brings up his shooting as if jason kidd was always a knock down shooter.

A straight up mitch for ball would not work unless you added draft picks, but whats more important a floor general who make **** easy for the rest of his teammates or a shot blocker who will be in foul trouble constantly

Nope. Recollection, like so many other assumptions in above, is completely wrong.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
next disgruntled superstar traded?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy