[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KNOX DEVELOPMENT
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/11/2019  5:09 PM
For all those who were so concern about young guys getting PT here is a quote from KNoX regarding the vets

Knox is not complaining. In fact, he has indicated he was given too much responsibility too soon at age 19 on David Fizdale’s historic tank machine that tied the franchise’s worst record at 17-65

This is the same pressure that they put on both Frank and KP, meaning they really felt they didn't need Melo and KP would be able to take over..

That's why I said we have one of the worst development process, because our idea of development is run these young guys to death until they can't take it, then when they get injured or fatigue, your scratching your head. You can't even think right when your tired..smh

It was games where knox played 40 minutes, KP played 40+, and they have no role for frank so he's all over the place confused..

ES
AUTOADVERT
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

7/11/2019  5:45 PM
Yeah I admit I under appreciated the load management Melo was doing in NYC and it seems the Front office realized that as well by getting Vets to play minutes. They need rest and PT to develop just like muscles.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/11/2019  8:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:For all those who were so concern about young guys getting PT here is a quote from KNoX regarding the vets

Knox is not complaining. In fact, he has indicated he was given too much responsibility too soon at age 19 on David Fizdale’s historic tank machine that tied the franchise’s worst record at 17-65

This is the same pressure that they put on both Frank and KP, meaning they really felt they didn't need Melo and KP would be able to take over..

That's why I said we have one of the worst development process, because our idea of development is run these young guys to death until they can't take it, then when they get injured or fatigue, your scratching your head. You can't even think right when your tired..smh

It was games where knox played 40 minutes, KP played 40+, and they have no role for frank so he's all over the place confused..

And?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/12/2019  7:24 AM
knicks1248 wrote:For all those who were so concern about young guys getting PT here is a quote from KNoX regarding the vets

Where is the rest of the quote? We really don’t care what you said. We care about Knox. Hitting the wall and playing thru it was expected. With a deeper team its expected to roll back his minutes. Seems like your more intent on what your opinion is then discussion the team.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/12/2019  7:44 AM
Young players like MItch, Frank, Knox and RJ should not be playing more than 25 mpg. They should not be counted on do everything. They will bnefit from vets showing them how to play this year. Frank also had to much pressure on him the first year. I still think Frank will be good but even this year, if he plays, it should not be more than 15-20 mpg. He needs the pressure reduced.

I do think Smith can handle more mins than the others. But he will nbenefit for not having to force too mcuh as Payton can handle things now.

knicks1248
7/12/2019  8:10 AM
Nalod wrote:

Where is the rest of the quote? We really don’t care what you said. We care about Knox. Hitting the wall and playing thru it was expected. With a deeper team its expected to roll back his minutes. Seems like your more intent on what your opinion is then discussion the team.

I'm just stating what you saw with your own 2 eyes, this is not my opinion..Fatigue is a MAJOR factor in developing anyone in sports. You defrost before you cook, you don't throw it in the pot frozen.

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/12/2019  8:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I'm just stating what you saw with your own 2 eyes, this is not my opinion..Fatigue is a MAJOR factor in developing anyone in sports. You defrost before you cook, you don't throw it in the pot frozen.

Its pretty much common sense giving someone as raw as Knox a bunch of mins and extra responsibility will have him have a lot of struggling moments as a young player. But the claims that its hurting their development is strickly opinion based by you.

Knox could have been given nothing more than 18mins a game as a spot up shooter and no other responsibilities. He could have maybe performed well in that role and shot 40% maybe. That also does not mean his development is going great because he was sheltered and only brought one effect one small contribution.

If Mitch Robinson was asked to start taking way more 3s last season as a rookie. He probably would have looked pretty bad doing it. But the goal would be for the long term.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
7/12/2019  9:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2019  9:17 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Its pretty much common sense giving someone as raw as Knox a bunch of mins and extra responsibility will have him have a lot of struggling moments as a young player. But the claims that its hurting their development is strickly opinion based by you.

Knox could have been given nothing more than 18mins a game as a spot up shooter and no other responsibilities. He could have maybe performed well in that role and shot 40% maybe. That also does not mean his development is going great because he was sheltered and only brought one effect one small contribution.

If Mitch Robinson was asked to start taking way more 3s last season as a rookie. He probably would have looked pretty bad doing it. But the goal would be for the long term.

of the top 15 players drafted last season, KNOX is the only one in summer league..

Basically he is the only 2018 lottery pick in summer league this yr...Thats how far behind he is from his peers

Suns - Deandre Ayton, C, Arizona
2. Kings - Marvin Bagley III, PF/C, Duke
3. Hawks - Luka Doncic, G, Slovenia (traded to Mavs)
4. Grizzlies - Jaren Jackson Jr., PF/C, Michigan State
5. Mavericks - Trae Young, PG, Oklahoma (traded to Hawks)
6. Magic - Mohamed Bamba, C, Texas
7. Bulls - Wendell Carter Jr., C, Duke
8. Cavs (via Nets) - Collin Sexton, PG, Alabama
9. Knicks - Kevin Knox, SF/PF, Kentucky
10. 76ers (via Lakers) - Mikal Bridges, SG/SF, Villanova (traded to Suns)
11. Hornets - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, PG/SG, Kentucky (traded to Clippers)
12. Clippers (via Pistons) - Miles Bridges, SF/PF, Michigan State (traded to Hornets)
13. Clippers - Jerome Robinson, SG, Boston College
14. Nuggets - Michael Porter Jr., SF/PF, Missouri
15. Wizards - Troy Brown, SG/SF, Oregon
ES
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/12/2019  9:18 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

of the top 15 players drafted last season, KNOX is the only one in summer league..

Basically he is the only 2018 lottery pick in summer league this yr...Thats how far behind he is from his peers

12. Clippers (via Pistons) - Miles Bridges, SF/PF, Michigan State (traded to Hornets)

hmmm thats deep

newyorknewyork
7/12/2019  9:23 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He was also the youngest player in the draft, and was the rawest prospect in the lottery. Knicks drafted him for his long term upside given his age, size, length & shooting ability.

Sexton, both Bridges, Bamba, Robinson, Porter, Brown should all be getting reps in the summer league as they didn't show enough as rookies to say that they are above it. But them sitting out seems to be more of a league wide trend. I am guess they evaluated that the injury risk is greater then the sloppy summer league experience?

knicks1248
7/12/2019  11:14 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He was also the youngest player in the draft, and was the rawest prospect in the lottery. Knicks drafted him for his long term upside given his age, size, length & shooting ability.

Sexton, both Bridges, Bamba, Robinson, Porter, Brown should all be getting reps in the summer league as they didn't show enough as rookies to say that they are above it. But them sitting out seems to be more of a league wide trend. I am guess they evaluated that the injury risk is greater then the sloppy summer league experience?

Considering Knox was one of the worse plus/minus players in the entire league, and played +30 minutes..

Now the knicks have enough players at his position (even RJ can slide to the 3) his minutes will be sporadic like Franks, it's like they went from one extreme to the next..

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/12/2019  11:15 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You have the worst takes, man

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/12/2019  11:25 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Weak

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/12/2019  11:32 AM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He makes me laugh at this point. I kind of feel bad because he is always off base but its funny
newyorknewyork
7/12/2019  11:36 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Considering Knox was one of the worse plus/minus players in the entire league, and played +30 minutes..

Now the knicks have enough players at his position (even RJ can slide to the 3) his minutes will be sporadic like Franks, it's like they went from one extreme to the next..

This is accurate. I can agree with this.

The aspect I don't agree with is if its detrimental to his development I don't know if that can be definitively stated. You only use the metrics weighing your own entertainment and how much the Knicks win in order to decifer if a player is developing or not. There are more factors involved than that.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/12/2019  11:39 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

No one is playing in the summer league. Zion, Garland, Ja, Cukver etc. The Knicks are using it as a developmental tool. Other teams/players are treating it like the nba combine. Can’t draw any conclusions from the Knicks approaching development differently. Just be glad they got rid of that crappy Orlando league Phil had the Knicks in.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
7/12/2019  12:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

No one is playing in the summer league. Zion, Garland, Ja, Cukver etc. The Knicks are using it as a developmental tool. Other teams/players are treating it like the nba combine. Can’t draw any conclusions from the Knicks approaching development differently. Just be glad they got rid of that crappy Orlando league Phil had the Knicks in.

Knox actually looked better in last yr SL...

The Knicks were the flat out favorites to win the SL because they had the most 2nd yr players playing than any team in the league..

ES
knicks1248
7/12/2019  12:18 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He makes me laugh at this point. I kind of feel bad because he is always off base but its funny

off base?

I'm sorry, which one of these players is on a SL team.

FACTS..DUDE

You, Nolad and smack are "Rose Color glass wearing Homers"

Even when sht is painfully obvious, your in complete denial..that's hilarious, you have an excuse for everything they do.

You wanted the knicks to run the rookies to death from the jump..nothing would make you more happy than seeing the knicks in the lottery 5 more yrs..

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/12/2019  12:21 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I think Mitch is the only All-Rookie team member who played. You mean to tell me he's behind Porter, who couldn't play due to make injury, Brown, Bamba and both Bridges?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/12/2019  12:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2019  12:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

off base?

I'm sorry, which one of these players is on a SL team.

FACTS..DUDE

You, Nolad and smack are "Rose Color glass wearing Homers"

Even when sht is painfully obvious, your in complete denial..that's hilarious, you have an excuse for everything they do.

You wanted the knicks to run the rookies to death from the jump..nothing would make you more happy than seeing the knicks in the lottery 5 more yrs..

Who said anything about running the rookies into the ground? That's why I like the moves we made. the kids are still the priority but
they will be kept fresh and learn from some of the veterans. Also when you accuse someone of being a "homer" at least present actual facts. I have criticized this team as much as anyone for well over a decade. But anyway keep making your great predictions because like I said they are funny
KNOX DEVELOPMENT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy