[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fred VanVleet
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/10/2019  1:37 PM
Is he a good option next summer as a free agent ? I’m trying to figure out if he’s really good or just in the right system (or both.). He can shoot, defend, is young, tough, and can run an offense. I see Barrett becoming the lead playmaker as a point forward and I think a top tier shooting/defending PG like VanVleet is what fits ideally. I imagine he will cost a good amount 20+ mil per year. Good option or do we just not spend money on anyone who isn’t a superstar regardless of fit?
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/10/2019  1:42 PM
Knixkik wrote:Is he a good option next summer as a free agent ? I’m trying to figure out if he’s really good or just in the right system (or both.). He can shoot, defend, is young, tough, and can run an offense. I see Barrett becoming the lead playmaker as a point forward and I think a top tier shooting/defending PG like VanVleet is what fits ideally. I imagine he will cost a good amount 20+ mil per year. Good option or do we just not spend money on anyone who isn’t a superstar regardless of fit?

Feel you are off by like $10M

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
7/10/2019  2:08 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Is he a good option next summer as a free agent ? I’m trying to figure out if he’s really good or just in the right system (or both.). He can shoot, defend, is young, tough, and can run an offense. I see Barrett becoming the lead playmaker as a point forward and I think a top tier shooting/defending PG like VanVleet is what fits ideally. I imagine he will cost a good amount 20+ mil per year. Good option or do we just not spend money on anyone who isn’t a superstar regardless of fit?

In which direction ? Rozier is making 20 mil per year. VanVleet is better, so you’re thinking 30?

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/10/2019  2:09 PM
martin wrote:

$30M/yr?

I might just have to reevaluate my opinion of your basketball knowledge.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
CleaverGreene

7/10/2019  2:12 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

In which direction ? Rozier is making 20 mil per year. VanVleet is better, so you’re thinking 30?

Nah...I think he's looking at #10M/.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
martin
USA
7/10/2019  2:16 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

VanFleet had an excellent finals series. What else has he done to warrant $20M?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2019  2:21 PM
Fred had a great series. That is not the valuation.
He has along way to go before he is Derek Fisher!
and even then he won't get paid. Rozier at 20mm makes Hardaway look good.
CleaverGreene

7/10/2019  2:27 PM
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

If he improves over last year, he will probably cost about $15M. He makes $9.3M for the upcoming year.

Knixkik
USA
7/10/2019  2:44 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

If he improves over last year, he will probably cost about $15M. He makes $9.3M for the upcoming year.

What makes you think he will make less than Rozier. I feel like that’s his baseline and that’s being generous because he’s better than Rozier and more proven at the same age.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/10/2019  2:49 PM
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

Ask the Hornets.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/10/2019  2:51 PM
Knixkik wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

What makes you think he will make less than Rozier. I feel like that’s his baseline and that’s being generous because he’s better than Rozier and more proven at the same age.

There's a school of thought that Rozier has more "upside" because of athleticism and VanVleet will always be a backup. I can't see Fred making Brogdan money. Probably Elfrid Peyton Money. I also want to add that the Rozier signing is the most atrocious signing of the off season. Why is MJ getting a pass?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
7/10/2019  3:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

Ask the Hornets.

I never understood the logic of giving one aberration example as anywhere near a good response to anything and thinking it's a solid explanation.

Anyone think Rozier is a good contract? Maybe a vast overpay also for losing Kemba? Maybe VanFleet can get those circumstances. Mostly likely not.

Knixkik
USA
7/10/2019  3:09 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

Ask the Hornets.

I never understood the logic of giving one aberration example as anywhere near a good response to anything and thinking it's a solid explanation.

Anyone think Rozier is a good contract? Maybe a vast overpay also for losing Kemba? Maybe VanFleet can get those circumstances. Mostly likely not.

I think the Rozier contract is bad. But I also think that VanVleet is much better than Rozier. I think VanVleet is around Brogdon level in terms of impact. So whatever that dollar amount should be is where I stand on it.

martin
USA
7/10/2019  3:12 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

Ask the Hornets.

I think the Rozier contract is bad. But I also think that VanVleet is much better than Rozier. I think VanVleet is around Brogdon level in terms of impact. So whatever that dollar amount should be is where I stand on it.

I haven't watched either player but one was a starter and the other started a handful of games this year. One could REALLY shoot, the other shot really well over 6 games.

What exactly does everyone see in VanVleet?

Knixkik
USA
7/10/2019  3:20 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

Ask the Hornets.

I haven't watched either player but one was a starter and the other started a handful of games this year. One could REALLY shoot, the other shot really well over 6 games.

VanVleet is a very good 3pt shooter and defender. He has no obvious weaknesses other than size. He didn’t start, but played starters minutes next to Lowry because he was that important to their success, so they had to find him more minutes. Very impactful on both ends of the floor. And I’m not condoning paying him a big contract , but if we are building around Barrett, Mitch and Randle , we need that type of player at point.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/10/2019  3:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  3:35 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

Ask the Hornets.

Are you asking what Van Fleet is worth and most likely will be signed for or what he MAY get if someone overpays?
The answer to the latter does not seem relevant as anything can happen.
The way its shaping out in NBA seems to be that complimentary starting level players can range from 10M to to 15M. High impact above average contributors $15M to $25M. All Star/team leading caliber players $25M plus. For me, Van is a solid back up to complimentary starting player. Worth the low end of that $10M to 15M. Believe Rozier should be at higher range of that due to his so called ceiling.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/10/2019  5:16 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

yup

Ask the Hornets.

he did a very respectable job against Curry

I would not pay big money for him. I think he is very valuable in their style of play

I also think Toronto has been doing a great job at finding guys like this. The next name we'll hear (not a pg but still) will be Boucher

(5)(5)
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/10/2019  9:58 PM
martin wrote:
CleaverGreene wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Is he a good option next summer as a free agent ? I;m trying to figure out if he;s really good or just in the right system (or both.). He can shoot, defend, is young, tough, and can run an offense. I see Barrett becoming the lead playmaker as a point forward and I think a top tier shooting/defending PG like VanVleet is what fits ideally. I imagine he will cost a good amount 20+ mil per year. Good option or do we just not spend money on anyone who isn;t a superstar regardless of fit?
In which direction ? Rozier is making 20 mil per year. VanVleet is better, so youre thinking 30?
yup

So you think he's worth the same as Taj Gibson?

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
7/11/2019  3:41 AM
VanVleet is an exceptional player, his market price is probably around 20mm/year. But no, I wouldn't sign him, you sign players like him when you are going for a chip that year.
Rose is not the answer.
Knixkik
USA
7/11/2019  5:30 AM
knickstorrents wrote:VanVleet is an exceptional player, his market price is probably around 20mm/year. But no, I wouldn't sign him, you sign players like him when you are going for a chip that year.

That’s what I figured. 20 per year for an above average , non all star starting PG.

Fred VanVleet

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy