[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maybe it’s time to trade for Beal..
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
7/10/2019  1:15 AM
Considering the young vets we brought in, he would fit right in. Would take a couple of our young guys and draft picks but will not be as expensive as AD or PG.
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/10/2019  3:23 AM
TLover wrote:Considering the young vets we brought in, he would fit right in. Would take a couple of our young guys and draft picks but will not be as expensive as AD or PG.

I think the PG and AD traded radically altered the expected haul for top players, unfortunately. If Wiz decide to move him OKC and the Pels can easily outbid us.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/10/2019  9:22 AM
If we are most likely not trading for Westbrook, didn’t trade for AD, didn’t sign KI/KL/KD, have straight up insisted that we need to practice patience for our current building efforts and youth (which I agree with), then why would we suddenly try and trade for Beal when you know full well he’s going to be expensive?

Try selling that to the casual and even hardcore fanbase. Yeah, we are trying to rebuild so we didn’t give into trading for AD, a top 5 player- maybe even the best- but lets give up those same assets we protected for Bradley Beal.

C’mon now.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
blkexec
Member: #748
7/10/2019  9:53 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:If we are most likely not trading for Westbrook, didn’t trade for AD, didn’t sign KI/KL/KD, have straight up insisted that we need to practice patience for our current building efforts and youth (which I agree with), then why would we suddenly try and trade for Beal when you know full well he’s going to be expensive?

Try selling that to the casual and even hardcore fanbase. Yeah, we are trying to rebuild so we didn’t give into trading for AD, a top 5 player- maybe even the best- but lets give up those same assets we protected for Bradley Beal.

C’mon now.

This is NY....With all these stars moving around, I'm sure Dolan is starting to turn up the heat. And I just hope we make the right decision. Most of these current stars are moving back to their home state. Kyrie n KD were the only stars we had a chance at getting since they are from the area. Beal is solid but mortgaging the future for him only is stupid...clippers have a much better team, but even Kawhi wasnt going unless PG or KD came.. Our only hope now is somebody on the knicks roster turns into a superstar or collection of stars.

I think Knox and RJ has star potential....along with mitch and Trier. I just worry as a group they dont fit together....hopefully with a combination of these vets, that weakness will be highlighted and we will make the neccessary trade mid season. Currently our young players are not 2 way defenders. So like knox for example....that puts pressure on his offensive game....which is why he will have 3-15 type games. RJ to me can turn into a triple double threat long term, which is solid ....I'm still trying to figure out what knox offensive game is. Defensively hes too slow at SF and not strong enough at PF. He needs to pick one and focus on getting stronger or shed weight and get faster. Otherwise he will get buried on the bench.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/10/2019  10:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  10:10 AM
I live in the DC area and there is not a chance in hell that the Wiz trade Beal. On the radio yesterday, someone called in and made the point that OKC looked at PG and Russ looking to get traded as an opportunity and that the WAS looks at it as a curse or a death sentence. They have ads to sell plain and simple. Also, from what I hear Beal loves DC and he doesn't seem like a malcontent trophy chaser. He was just honored for his work in the community (schools) and he was gushing about how much he loves it here. I know a lot of you don't watch hockey but it reminds me of Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers. The last two years the team was a dumpster fire and he declined to be traded, just loved NY too much
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/10/2019  11:07 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I live in the DC area and there is not a chance in hell that the Wiz trade Beal. On the radio yesterday, someone called in and made the point that OKC looked at PG and Russ looking to get traded as an opportunity and that the WAS looks at it as a curse or a death sentence. They have ads to sell plain and simple. Also, from what I hear Beal loves DC and he doesn't seem like a malcontent trophy chaser. He was just honored for his work in the community (schools) and he was gushing about how much he loves it here. I know a lot of you don't watch hockey but it reminds me of Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers. The last two years the team was a dumpster fire and he declined to be traded, just loved NY too much

Yeah. Apparently they didn't really listen seriously when Toronto enquired about Beal's availability. We'll see how long that lasts. They still haven't officially hired a GM.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/10/2019  11:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  11:12 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I live in the DC area and there is not a chance in hell that the Wiz trade Beal. On the radio yesterday, someone called in and made the point that OKC looked at PG and Russ looking to get traded as an opportunity and that the WAS looks at it as a curse or a death sentence. They have ads to sell plain and simple. Also, from what I hear Beal loves DC and he doesn't seem like a malcontent trophy chaser. He was just honored for his work in the community (schools) and he was gushing about how much he loves it here. I know a lot of you don't watch hockey but it reminds me of Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers. The last two years the team was a dumpster fire and he declined to be traded, just loved NY too much

Rangers are in second year of rebuild and Lundqvist may play just 20-30 games in upcoming season.
Rangers have potential 2 young star caliber gollies coming up so they will have decisions to make.
They get top 2 pick this year and load of young talent and they have a load of pick next 2 years.
So in 2-3 years it will be very good club again.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2019  1:12 PM
fans did not get big splash FA and summer league got us "Itchy" for a starphuch! Westbrook? Pray not.
Beal? hell of a player, not for us at this time. Best thing to do is ride it out.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/10/2019  1:33 PM
Beal would be incredible considering he’s young enough to grow with the core and would improve team 3pt shooting.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2019  2:12 PM
Knixkik wrote:Beal would be incredible considering he’s young enough to grow with the core and would improve team 3pt shooting.

What "Core" goes out the door for a trade?

Maybe it’s time to trade for Beal..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy