[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

IH power poll
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/27/2004  4:13 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/power-rankings.shtml

not unreasonable shows what i feel is accurate---there are several eastern conference teams that are bunched together and all are behind almost every team in the west.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/27/2004  4:25 PM
they have us 5th in the East. Personally I think we are ahead of the Bucks (that would make us 4th for you scoring at home) but going into training camp ranked 4th or 5th in the conference is fair.

Now Marbury, Crawford, TT, Houston, Nazr, Sweet, KT and Lenny need to prove to the NBA they are better than average.

Should be fun
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/27/2004  4:28 PM
Also.. we are #1 in the Atlantic. Sure its by default, but winning your division isnt a bad place to start.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
9/27/2004  5:16 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Also.. we are #1 in the Atlantic. Sure its by default, but winning your division isnt a bad place to start.

I think it's a very fair assessment to say that everything hinges on Sweetney. We know Tim and Nazr will be solid and that Jamal and Steph will be very good. If Sweetney is either solid or very good, the Knicks will be good. If Kurt is starting...
¿ △ ?
s3231
Member: #544
USA
9/27/2004  5:57 PM
Dallas at 9? I definitely diasgree with that. Anyway, I think 5th in the East is a fair ranking going into training camp. I disagree with us being ranked 17th (I think we should be a tad higher), but it is a pretty fair ranking especially if Allan is not healthy.

I agree that Sweetney will be a significant factor in determining how many games we win. He will most likely be getting an ample amount of minutes to prove himself, so minutes should not be a concern.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/27/2004  5:59 PM
Posted by fishmike:

3rd seed in the east sounds pretty accurate and flies in the face of what many pessimists have been saying
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/27/2004  7:11 PM
I'm sick of people putting Miami ahead of the Knicks.....

Miami has what Shaq, Wade and Eddie Jones.....ok.....they also have a few so so forwards......Rasul Butler my step it up this year with more minutes but who else do they have?

I love my Knicks man and I think they are definately better than everyone except Detroit and maybe Indiana in the East....Knicks are better than the Bucks it's not even something to talk about.

Sweetney is the Key though.....I hope he beats KT out and comes out of camp as the starter. I like the Idea of KT coming off the bench as a center and Baker backing up Sweets. Sweets needs to come out and take what's his.

[Edited by - enyspree on 09/27/2004 19:13:16]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/27/2004  7:22 PM
I'm generally an optimist about the Knicks, but I think that as long as Shaq stays healthy, the Heat will finish with a better record than the Knicks. Anything's possible, but 25 pounds lighter and playing with teammates who will pass him the ball, Shaq should be far more dominant than he was last year. If Shaq misses significant time (even 15 games), then it's a different story.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/27/2004  7:31 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I'm generally an optimist about the Knicks, but I think that as long as Shaq stays healthy, the Heat will finish with a better record than the Knicks. Anything's possible, but 25 pounds lighter and playing with teammates who will pass him the ball, Shaq should be far more dominant than he was last year. If Shaq misses significant time (even 15 games), then it's a different story.

Yeah, the Heat will have a better record than the Knicks this year - size just wears people down during the regular season grind. I hope the Knicks get the three seed and the Heat get the two seed though, I would LOVE to see that. I think we matchup very well with them. I know that's getting ahead of myself.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/27/2004  9:54 PM
yeah i think the bucks slip back a bit myself--while tj wasnt a great shooter--what he did was run the club well. Take out skinner and repalce him with McCoy and thats a big downgrade. But like the poll suggests there is no club under 15 IMHO that stands away from the crowd.
RIP Crushalot😞
raven
Member: #316
Canada
9/28/2004  3:56 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I'm generally an optimist about the Knicks, but I think that as long as Shaq stays healthy, the Heat will finish with a better record than the Knicks.

as long as the heat remains in the crappiest division ever, they'll have a better record than the knicks.

we can get the 3rd seed. question is, can we break the heat in a seven game series ?

IH power poll

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy