[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marcus Morris, anyone?
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/10/2019  10:35 AM
After sleeping on it, I've kind of cooled on the idea of signing Marcus- would have made a lot of sense if we didn't have Taj, but in addition to all our other moves I'd rather keep the space and see if we can pick up anything when OKC deals Westbrook to whatever team. I'd like to sign Shaun Livingston- won't give much on the court, but I think we need some classy vet presence in the backcourt for all our young guys.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/10/2019  10:36 AM
smackeddog wrote:After sleeping on it, I've kind of cooled on the idea of signing Marcus- would have made a lot of sense if we didn't have Taj, but in addition to all our other moves I'd rather keep the space and see if we can pick up anything when OKC deals Westbrook to whatever team. I'd like to sign Shaun Livingston- won't give much on the court, but I think we need some classy vet presence in the backcourt for all our young guys.

gotta say that's what Elfrid is.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/10/2019  10:51 AM
smackeddog wrote:After sleeping on it, I've kind of cooled on the idea of signing Marcus- would have made a lot of sense if we didn't have Taj, but in addition to all our other moves I'd rather keep the space and see if we can pick up anything when OKC deals Westbrook to whatever team. I'd like to sign Shaun Livingston- won't give much on the court, but I think we need some classy vet presence in the backcourt for all our young guys.

Pick up anything?

Do you realize that Miami got Jimmy Butler with NO cap space or draft picks...That's what savvy presidents and GM's do.

They turn lemons into Lemonade

ES
smackeddog
7/10/2019  10:53 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Pick up anything?

Do you realize that Miami got Jimmy Butler with NO cap space or draft picks...That's what savvy presidents and GM's do.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

smackeddog
7/10/2019  10:54 AM
martin wrote:

He's a bit young, I think he'd benefit from an older mentor (but I do like Elfrid)

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/10/2019  11:03 AM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

He's a bit young, I think he'd benefit from an older mentor (but I do like Elfrid)

This will Payton's 5th season and Ellington's 11th season. The talent might not be the best, but the experience is there. I think we'll be fine.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/10/2019  11:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Pick up anything?

And where Butler will take them?
Watch him start salking his way out.
He is intermediate piece in Heat rebuild plan.
Rat doing his think in sneaky ways

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
7/11/2019  2:36 PM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Pick up anything?

sneaky or savvy?

You and Smack act as if we have the best FO in the NBA and they could do no wrong..

But 98% of the public/Media is straight laughing at them..Every time the knicks come up in a conversation, ppl just start laughing at us..and can you blame them.

If they manage to get Morris, I will definitely give them some props for that one

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/11/2019  2:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Pick up anything?

sneaky or savvy?

You and Smack act as if we have the best FO in the NBA and they could do no wrong..

But 98% of the public/Media is straight laughing at them..Every time the knicks come up in a conversation, ppl just start laughing at us..and can you blame them.

If they manage to get Morris, I will definitely give them some props for that one

They had no cap space and owe a bunch of picks. Yet didn't even make the playoffs last season. They don't even have close to the pieces to build a team that could compete with Miluakee, 76ers, Pacers, Nets for an ECC bid within Butlers prime. They aren't even ahead of Celtics, Magic and Pistons probably get Westbrook.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
7/11/2019  3:02 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Pick up anything?

sneaky or savvy?

They had no cap space and owe a bunch of picks. Yet didn't even make the playoffs last season. They don't even have close to the pieces to build a team that could compete with Miluakee, 76ers, Pacers, Nets for an ECC bid within Butlers prime. They aren't even ahead of Celtics, Magic and Pistons probably get Westbrook.

The missed the playoffs by 2 games, and honestly, the east is so wide open, more open than I ever seen it before..If the knicks don't make the playoffs FIZ has to go

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/11/2019  3:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Pick up anything?

sneaky or savvy?

The missed the playoffs by 2 games, and honestly, the east is so wide open, more open than I ever seen it before..If the knicks don't make the playoffs FIZ has to go

Doesn't matter if they missed it by 2 games. Having no cap space and giving up multiple future draft picks should net you consistent playoff appearances or what were you spending the cap and draft picks on?

I wouldn't say the east is wide open. I would say that 8th seed is wide open though. Between Raptors, Pistons, Bulls, Heat, Knicks in no particular order. The top 7 seems pretty much locked in barring injury.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/11/2019  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2019  3:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Pick up anything?

sneaky or savvy?

No disrespect to The Rat... he knows the game many moved ahead which is proven.
Butler is intermediate move for sure.
As per our FO we will see who will have a last laugh...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2019  3:42 PM
Riles really has no pieces OKC can want. MY take is they try to move Dragic and incentive to open up space.
Think is they don't have much left. Paring Westbrook and Butler is interesting. Riley is not stupid, if he can't align his team to compete he'll starphuch for revenue to keep the team interesting. Riley has never done a full ground up build thru the draft. His chips with Wade was the great fortune to draft him 5th. He added on from him. Good for him. Its not a definitive "one way is best". its not. He had one organic grown star in Dwade. He got to add shaq, then Leborn and Bosh.
Life would have been easier if Beas had better trade value.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/11/2019  4:28 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
7/11/2019  4:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Does anyone believe these guys anymore?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/11/2019  4:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2019  4:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Morris hasn’t signed his contract with the Mavs yet. Not like it takes a genius to read the tea leaves here.

knicks1248
7/11/2019  4:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

In and out of the knicks organization????

That can be anybody, so who the hell knows

ES
knicks1248
7/11/2019  4:48 PM
Rookie wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Morris hasn’t signed his contract with the Mavs yet. Not like it takes a genius to read the tea leaves here.

Thats because the MAVs never offered him a contract, It was the spurs...lol

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/11/2019  7:32 PM
Shams say he signed with the Knicks. https://www.reddit.com/r/NYKnicks/comments/cc31ss/charania_forward_marcus_morris_plans_to_sign_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
MS
Member: #724
7/11/2019  11:51 PM
Very questionable offseason.

I’m all for veterans that can help the young guys mature and get better. One and one deals look good, but we tried this last year with a bunch of folks on one year deals and in contract years. Players have their own self interests.

If there was development professionals on staff it makes sense, but Fizdale really seemed to wing it without much of a plan last season.

Would have been better off collecting assets to make a trade. Maybe one of these guys turns into a tradeable contract. But, Shaun Livingston or someone that has won something that you could have signed for nothing that can mentor a guard makes. Lot more sense than overpaying for some of the guys we locked in.

Marcus Morris, anyone?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy