USA
7/9/2019  11:19 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
7/9/2019  11:29 AM
One could write a credible article about the 5 reasons that Knick fans should feel there is no hope and list those same 5 things.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/9/2019  11:36 AM
My biggest concern for the season is that we have 4 players who should never be in the game at the same time - Trier, DSJ, Knox and R.J.- because they are completely lost defensively and play to much in the iso game.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/9/2019  11:57 AM
Ira wrote:One could write a credible article about the 5 reasons that Knick fans should feel there is no hope and list those same 5 things.
Best non player focused article I have read in a long time. Also, the author has an unique perspective based on his profession. He did bring up concerns and the wildcard that is Dolan. Definitely worth a read in my opinion.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/9/2019  12:07 PM
Rookie wrote:My biggest concern for the season is that we have 4 players who should never be in the game at the same time - Trier, DSJ, Knox and R.J.- because they are completely lost defensively and play to much in the iso game.

Players do what they are told. Isolation is a big part of Fizdale’s playbook. Barrett is going to look very lost playing in Fizdale’s offense.

CrushAlot
USA
7/9/2019  12:15 PM
Rookie wrote:My biggest concern for the season is that we have 4 players who should never be in the game at the same time - Trier, DSJ, Knox and R.J.- because they are completely lost defensively and play to much in the iso game.
The article focuses on the organizational structure of the Knicks. I thought it was relevant because there has been so much written about the nets organizational structure and how it was attractive to star players.
CrushAlot
USA
7/9/2019  12:18 PM
Vmart wrote:

Players do what they are told. Isolation is a big part of Fizdale’s playbook. Barrett is going to look very lost playing in Fizdale’s offense.

There is a section in the article about Fizdale that is worth reading. The author talks a lot about emotional intelligence, mostly in regards to Perry but also Fizdale. Definitely worth your time to read it in my opinion.
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/9/2019  12:18 PM
Ira wrote:One could write a credible article about the 5 reasons that Knick fans should feel there is no hope and list those same 5 things.

haha I had the same impression on some (e.g., #2)

thanks for the laugh

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/9/2019  12:50 PM
If Nalod could write worth a damn he could have co-authored a portion of this.
Article and author is far more eloquent than I.
Nalod rants about "decision making process", "Fiz learning (as if a unique human condition?), and "Robinsons special sauce".
Not taking credit here (ok, maybe a slice) but lets just say Nalod is aligned with the article.
I thought the part about Mills trying to keep his job was interesting. The part about Dolan Trusting Mills expanded was good. While some of you are looking for someone who did well in the past and came here to do so (Hello Donnie?) but if Dolan don't trust you your toast. He trusted Isiah.
Mills does not have a shiny resume but is well respected in NBA circles and since he has been at the helm he has not done anything incredibly stupid and if boringly so is aligned with a purpose of process. AKA, no starphuchingly big exciting moves that bite you in the arse later.
I'd be curious if knicks1248 can accept the article or would he default back to his predisposed logic on how to "Make Knicks Great Again".
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/9/2019  12:57 PM

I always think Knick fan's that push the 'there's no hope, we're doomed' line all the time aren't being honest with themselves, because if they genuinely believed there was no hope, why would they bother watching and following the team?

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/9/2019  1:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2019  1:48 PM
Chandler wrote:

thanks for the laugh

He lost me when he said Mills keeps Dolan away, after reading last wk that DOLAN didn't want to give KD the max..lol..ok

Did he keep Dolan away from doing what he did to OAK, or that Fan that said sell the team, or going public about big things happening this off season, or kicking out certain MEDIA outlets who tell the truth and expose the so many flaws in the FO..

Not to mention they seem hell bent on putting together talent that absolutely don't fit with each other or what the coach wants, they have acquired at least 4 key rotation players(DSJ, TRIER, KNOX, RJ) that suffer from tunnel vision and can't play D, and a coach that's is as RAW as Frank..THIS IS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY PREACH, ball movement and defense..

We still have a BORDERLINE lottery roster entering mills 3rd season at the helm, NO STABILITY, NO IDENTITY, NO ALL STARS, NO SYSTEM, and 3 lottery picks that look like long term projects and will probably be gone in a trade..AND THE LONGEST TENURED PLAYER IS FRANK..2 YRS..

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
7/9/2019  1:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:

There is a section in the article about Fizdale that is worth reading. The author talks a lot about emotional intelligence, mostly in regards to Perry but also Fizdale. Definitely worth your time to read it in my opinion.

EQ that what we are riding the future of the Knicks on. This is a fluff piece on hope because that all the Knicks fans have. Expect the worst and hope for the best. The worst already happened and now we are at hope for the best. Sorry like someone else said you could go the opposite as easily. Mills, Perry and Fizdale are about as dull a group as you can get. They bring very little to the table in way of accomplishments. When the best players you drafted or played a part are traded Oladipo and Middleton it’s not inspiring. When you trade your supposed Franchise player because they can’t get along it doesn’t bode well at all.

Writer said he is a psychologist so he is find solace In using terminology of the day. This isn’t about EQ it about IQ. Every organization utilizes EQ the Knicks have been probably the most gracious organization in Regards emotional quotient even before Perry. Hell James Dolan for every Oakley type situation has had a Tyson Chandler situation. To this day Chandler sings Dolan’s praises for helping him deal with his tough emotional time.

The writer is just grasping at straws in hope.

knicks1248
7/9/2019  1:59 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:

EQ that what we are riding the future of the Knicks on. This is a fluff piece on hope because that all the Knicks fans have. Expect the worst and hope for the best. The worst already happened and now we are at hope for the best. Sorry like someone else said you could go the opposite as easily. Mills, Perry and Fizdale are about as dull a group as you can get. They bring very little to the table in way of accomplishments. When the best players you drafted or played a part are traded Oladipo and Middleton it’s not inspiring. When you trade your supposed Franchise player because they can’t get along it doesn’t bode well at all.

Writer said he is a psychologist so he is find solace In using terminology of the day. This isn’t about EQ it about IQ. Every organization utilizes EQ the Knicks have been probably the most gracious organization in Regards emotional quotient even before Perry. Hell James Dolan for every Oakley type situation has had a Tyson Chandler situation. To this day Chandler sings Dolan’s praises for helping him deal with his tough emotional time.

The writer is just grasping at straws in hope.

100% agree, this was a piece that didn't mention anything bad, as if it was ALL GOOD and these 3 were flawless..

He said fizdale got guys to play hard,.. ..Allan houston once said after a game, yeah we played hard and but very stupid...and that was fizdale in his knick coaching debut..

1 yr contracts produce selfish players who care about NUMBERS and their next contract

ES
CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/9/2019  2:45 PM

Add Randle to this list, at least by past reputation. I haven't watched him enough to have my own take on his D.

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/9/2019  2:46 PM
I used to be critical of people here that were fully on board with Phil Jackson and the triangle, and before that - there were always people (nixluva) who would never see anything wrong with what the organization was doing or trying.

And now, I'm on the otherside, and struggling to understand how people critical of these moves can not see any potential upside?

This is a rebuild, and this is what a rebuild look like. They're not trading 5 first rounders for an over the hill KG & Paul Pierce. They're not waiting to meet with someone who has 0 interest in signing with us. We already made that mistake with Lebron, and ended up with a battered Amare.

They signed guys that they can pretty much get rid of at just about any time. Maybe they overpaid for guys, but we control the cap.

We need franchise altering talent. Maybe RJ becomes one. Maybe Mitchell becomes one.

But until they do or don't, we've kept our picks and we're trying to amass assets.

Might we have missed out on some deals to add picks, like GS with Iggy? Maybe.

I think a fair criticism I have is I wish we kept $10-20M in cap space open, so we might have been players to facilitate a trade for Westbrook.

But we didn't sink the ship. We didn't max any over the hill injured players? We didn't sign any head cases.

Last year we won 17 games. Early on, they played hard, and were in games. Add some talent, and we'd probably have been 500 at some point mid season.

I have that hope for this year. 34 wins.

Someone recently made a disparaging comment about Don Chaney. At the time, I hated him as a coach, but I realize he was doing his best to win with the talent, or lack thereof, he had.

If we get a gritty 37 wins, I'll be excited.

knicks1248
7/9/2019  3:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2019  3:41 PM
franco12 wrote:I used to be critical of people here that were fully on board with Phil Jackson and the triangle, and before that - there were always people (nixluva) who would never see anything wrong with what the organization was doing or trying.

And now, I'm on the otherside, and struggling to understand how people critical of these moves can not see any potential upside?

This is a rebuild, and this is what a rebuild look like. They're not trading 5 first rounders for an over the hill KG & Paul Pierce. They're not waiting to meet with someone who has 0 interest in signing with us. We already made that mistake with Lebron, and ended up with a battered Amare.

They signed guys that they can pretty much get rid of at just about any time. Maybe they overpaid for guys, but we control the cap.

We need franchise altering talent. Maybe RJ becomes one. Maybe Mitchell becomes one.

But until they do or don't, we've kept our picks and we're trying to amass assets.

I think a fair criticism I have is I wish we kept $10-20M in cap space open, so we might have been players to facilitate a trade for Westbrook.

But we didn't sink the ship. We didn't max any over the hill injured players? We didn't sign any head cases.

Last year we won 17 games. Early on, they played hard, and were in games. Add some talent, and we'd probably have been 500 at some point mid season.

Someone recently made a disparaging comment about Don Chaney. At the time, I hated him as a coach, but I realize he was doing his best to win with the talent, or lack thereof, he had.

This is not what a rebuild looks like, this is throwing sht on the wall and see if it sticks..

SO far this OFF season, a 117 players were signed, NOT one single contract was considered a bad contract

https://hoopshabit.com/2019/06/30/2019-nba-free-agency-tracker-grades-every-deal-far/

The lowest Grade on here was a C..ELFORD PAYTON

The yr before we traded MELO we lost a mind boggling 17 games by 5 points or less, were we a player away from really competing?

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/9/2019  4:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:

thanks for the laugh

He lost me when he said Mills keeps Dolan away, after reading last wk that DOLAN didn't want to give KD the max..lol..ok

Did he keep Dolan away from doing what he did to OAK, or that Fan that said sell the team, or going public about big things happening this off season, or kicking out certain MEDIA outlets who tell the truth and expose the so many flaws in the FO..

Not to mention they seem hell bent on putting together talent that absolutely don't fit with each other or what the coach wants, they have acquired at least 4 key rotation players(DSJ, TRIER, KNOX, RJ) that suffer from tunnel vision and can't play D, and a coach that's is as RAW as Frank..THIS IS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THEY PREACH, ball movement and defense..

We still have a BORDERLINE lottery roster entering mills 3rd season at the helm, NO STABILITY, NO IDENTITY, NO ALL STARS, NO SYSTEM, and 3 lottery picks that look like long term projects and will probably be gone in a trade..AND THE LONGEST TENURED PLAYER IS FRANK..2 YRS..

You think players don't come here because of Oak?
Cuz he said "big things this summer".....OMG, that's horrific!
Media? admittingly not a good look.
When I read your stuff, the redundant parts where your no doubt spittle spraying your keyboard I see this......

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/10/2019  3:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2019  3:45 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:I used to be critical of people here that were fully on board with Phil Jackson and the triangle, and before that - there were always people (nixluva) who would never see anything wrong with what the organization was doing or trying.

This is not what a rebuild looks like, this is throwing sht on the wall and see if it sticks..

SO far this OFF season, a 117 players were signed, NOT one single contract was considered a bad contract

https://hoopshabit.com/2019/06/30/2019-nba-free-agency-tracker-grades-every-deal-far/

The lowest Grade on here was a C..ELFORD PAYTON

The yr before we traded MELO we lost a mind boggling 17 games by 5 points or less, were we a player away from really competing?

LOL- Terry Rozier, Harrison Barnes and Kris Middleton say thanks!

Great Article from P and T, 5 Reasons Knick fans should have hope

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy