[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Western Conference is Crazy!
Author Thread
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
9/27/2004  9:48 AM
Out of San Antonio, Dallas, Memphis, Houston, Denver, Minnesota, Utah, Lakers, Phoenix, Sacramento, two of the teams will miss the playoffs. And I don't think Portland or New Orleans will have bad teams.

My picks to miss the playoffs in the West is the Lakers and Memphis. Memphis is a hard choice, but I think alot of teams improved and they stayed pat.

What do ya'll think?
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
AUTOADVERT
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
9/27/2004  10:08 AM
Posted by toodarkmark:

What do ya'll think?

imo detroit still has the best chance to win it all. I'd take the spurs after that. That's all !
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/27/2004  10:19 AM
Posted by toodarkmark:

Out of San Antonio, Dallas, Memphis, Houston, Denver, Minnesota, Utah, Lakers, Phoenix, Sacramento, two of the teams will miss the playoffs. And I don't think Portland or New Orleans will have bad teams.

My picks to miss the playoffs in the West is the Lakers and Memphis. Memphis is a hard choice, but I think alot of teams improved and they stayed pat.

What do ya'll think?

I agree with that. I think the Lakers could make it and either Phoenix won't be as good as advertised (no front court depth AT ALL) or Sacramento will implode and really miss Divac. I also don't think Utah will be as good as everyone seems to be predicting, but I do think they'll make the playoffs unless Sloan retires or something.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 09/27/2004 10:28:33]
¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/27/2004  11:38 AM
The hornets are a disasater ready to happen.

Ownership stinks and so long as Shinn owns that team they are destined for bad things.

They blew a great thing in Charlotte, and what how empty the arena will be will be when they start sucking.

Maglore and Davis are real nice players, but they thin out after that.

Ain't no voodoo strong enough to keep that bad aura off that team.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/27/2004  12:54 PM
All I'm saying is, don't count the lakers out.

Odom, Kobe, and caron, butler. Don't sleep
ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/27/2004  1:51 PM
Posted by knicks1248:

All I'm saying is, don't count the lakers out.

Odom, Kobe, and caron, butler. Don't sleep

The Lakers have a decent team. They have Chucky Atkins who can play this game but just hasn't been given a chance....He was proving it in Boston last season.

They got guys like Rush, Walton and Brian Cook too who all showed signs. They will now be under Rudy T and Rudy has proven he is not afraid to give young guys a chance.

They could do something but like it was already pointed out the West is pretty stacked.

You guys need to understand that the entire league is stacked with talent. The Eastern Conference is starting to catch up. Boston, Philly, Miami, Orlando, Detroit, Indiana, the Bucks, and our Knicks have all gotten better. Teams like Toronto, Washington, Chicago, all could make trouble too.

This season is gonna be the best we've seen in a long time. I'm glad the Knicks finally are good enough to be compeditive.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
9/27/2004  3:33 PM
THe western division is a tough call. Sac might fall the hardest if Cwebb's hops don't return, and Peja pouts.

I might not get seasons pass as there are lots of interesting games to see around the league.
Masterplan
Member: #362
9/27/2004  3:47 PM
of the original 10 mentioned, i don't think phoenix is mature and deep enough to make the playoffs. nash will be helpful, but he can't carry as team of young guys who haven't proven themselves winners. if i had to guess with the last team out, i'd have to go with... utah. i don't like the jazz. my friend thinks its backlash at layden. they're a tough team to count out, but i don't think their offseason was as good as hyped. if i were a jazz fan and my team's years of shoring up cap space turned into okur and boozer in an offseason when names like kobe were floating out there, i'd be pretty mad. i think they way overpaid for those two, and while sloan may guide them into the playoffs, i think in the long run they won't get nearly what they paid for. the west will be competitive, though, and a lot of teams will be just out of the race by the 82nd game.

[Edited by - Masterplan on 09/27/2004 15:48:38]
Nalod
USA
9/27/2004  4:26 PM
Rape accused Kobe in the land of Mormans was never even a thought by either party.

Utah has same team except a good draft, and Okur and Booz.

Thats not bad. Good owner was patient and spent wise.

I think out are Seattle, portland, Phx, Clips, Sac, Hornets and if an injury hits them, very likely the Lakers. Lakes ain't bad, just not in that divisions. Warriors are on the bubble. parity is cool!
Masterplan
Member: #362
9/27/2004  5:08 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Rape accused Kobe in the land of Mormans was never even a thought by either party.

Utah has same team except a good draft, and Okur and Booz.

Thats not bad. Good owner was patient and spent wise.

i personally don't think the huge contracts they gave boozer and okur are wise. too much money for too long. just my opinion. also, i wasn't saying kobe was going to utah, but there were plenty of big name FAs this offseason, and i think with as much cap room as they had they could have done much better, or at least attracted bigger-name players. we'll see what the results are on the court, but as a fan i would want more exciting guys for all that money.
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
9/28/2004  9:13 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by toodarkmark:

What do ya'll think?

I agree with that. I think the Lakers could make it and either Phoenix won't be as good as advertised (no front court depth AT ALL) or Sacramento will implode and really miss Divac. I also don't think Utah will be as good as everyone seems to be predicting, but I do think they'll make the playoffs unless Sloan retires or something.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 09/27/2004 10:28:33]

I think Utah will be good though, they are a solid team ripe with fundamentals. But in the West it's going to be hard for them to compete.

Peja vs CWebb could make Sacratomato implode, but I have a feeling CWebb will play with a passion we havent seen in years. Its crazy in the West!
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/28/2004  1:04 PM
The thing is, nobody really knows how any team is really going to do.

Of course when your looking at things on paper, you would say other wise, but take a look at the (2003) Jazz and Bucks roster, they were projected to win less then 20 games. Football is even worse when it comes to analyzing how bad or good a team is going to be, the experts hardly get it right.
ES
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
9/28/2004  1:37 PM
MEM & SAC will miss out on the playoffs this year imo...Webber's knee, Peja's pouting & Vlade's departure will spell trouble for them this season...& i agree that POR & NO will come close but will miss out as well.

1 - Minnesota Timberwolves (division winner)
2 - San Antonio Spurs (division winner)
3 - Phoenix Suns (division winner)
4 - Dallas Mavericks
5 - Utah Jazz
6 - Houston Rockets
7 - Los Angeles Lakers
8 - Denver Nuggets
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
9/28/2004  1:48 PM
i personally don't think the huge contracts they gave boozer and okur are wise.

that's they ONLY way anybody would go there. they had to overpay to get anybody. boozer is solid. the jury is still out on okur but they targeted two players and got them both.
Nalod
USA
9/28/2004  2:13 PM
Those guys have a ton of upside and are young.

Thats the market these days, gotta pay for potential!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/28/2004  4:19 PM
I'd take Memphis over this year's Lakers.
The Western Conference is Crazy!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy