[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Zion Williamson to miss rest of Summer League
Author Thread
KNICKSBIGCATS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3745

7/6/2019  9:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2019  9:06 PM
Due to bruised knee

While fans in Vegas will be disappointed not to see any more of Williamson in action this month, it’s no surprise that the Pelicans will be cautious with their new franchise cornerstone. Based on the club’s announcement, it doesn’t sound as if Zion’s knee issue is serious.

“Zion will move forward from this incident without issue,” head of basketball operations David Griffin said in the statement.

Williamson played just nine minutes in his professional debut on Friday versus the Knicks, but he looked good in limited action, pouring in 11 points and grabbing three rebounds.

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/6/2019  9:24 PM
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:Due to bruised knee

While fans in Vegas will be disappointed not to see any more of Williamson in action this month, it’s no surprise that the Pelicans will be cautious with their new franchise cornerstone. Based on the club’s announcement, it doesn’t sound as if Zion’s knee issue is serious.

“Zion will move forward from this incident without issue,” head of basketball operations David Griffin said in the statement.

Williamson played just nine minutes in his professional debut on Friday versus the Knicks, but he looked good in limited action, pouring in 11 points and grabbing three rebounds.

Dude is fat.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/6/2019  10:11 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Dude is fat.

wish that fat dude played for the knicks.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/6/2019  10:28 PM
Marv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Dude is fat.

Yeah, looked like the second best athlete on the court. He sure moved pretty well for a fat dude.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/6/2019  11:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Marv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Dude is fat.

Yeah, looked like the second best athlete on the court. He sure moved pretty well for a fat dude.

And the first best athlete was...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/6/2019  11:29 PM
arkrud wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Marv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Dude is fat.

Mitch please, you already know the answer to that lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/6/2019  11:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
arkrud wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Marv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Dude is fat.

Woo-ten clan looked super bouncy

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/7/2019  10:07 AM
Yez but Zion always seems to be out. FOr someone so young he clearly already has issues staying on the court.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/7/2019  10:42 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
arkrud wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Marv wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Dude is fat.

Zion is the real deal. This kid, at 19, made everyone defending him look like a middle school team. He seemed quicker than all of the guards. Did not want to believe the hype, specially after missing out on 1st pick, but the more you see him the more you realize he is freak of nature and special. Kid cannot be guraded one on one. Trying to think who would match up with him in size? Cousins? Embid? Hate to see what happens if he develops a shot. Which as ugly as they are, he gets seems to make quite a few.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/7/2019  10:44 AM

It's only one summer league game, but Zion's game was what I always feared with him: great highlights, lots of "ohhs and ahhs," lots of athleticism, but is he a guy you're gonna win with? Time will tell, I'm thinking he's Blake Griffin 2.0. Lots of highlights, not contributing to much winning on the court.

Personally, (again I know its only one game) I more concerned about Barrett than Zion. I didn't see much that was encouraging Friday. We'll see what happens today.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/7/2019  10:45 AM
Zion will need to alter his body a bit to stay healthy. He’s throwing around a lot of weight. Honestly, he looked great, but Mitch looks like a man amongst boys out there. So big and athletic, his upside is really through the roof. Knicks really lucked out.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/7/2019  11:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2019  11:19 AM
Zion looked heavier than at Duke. They mentioned that he's spent most of his time dealing with the media attention, obligations. Hasn't had much time to train, so I expect him to look different by preseason. Believe some of you are underrating how well Zion moves without the ball. Hasn't even really touched the ball yet. Its that combination that makes him so dangerous.

The media attention also applies to Barrett, were not used to having such a high pick lol. Barrett said that himself and some other teammates were gassed. I wouldn't focus on Barrett's numbers until he is in NBA shape. Thsts when we will be better able to chart his progress. Dont anticipate it will take long. Not a string bean.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/7/2019  11:23 AM
9 minutes against college players and mostly other 22 year old free agents. Didn’t show me much. He got blocked a bit but he’ll have to learn he can’t bully his way in always.

He’ll be fine. Lower the expectations and evaluate n 3 years when he is 22. Know more then.
Can’t stay on the court? He has one injury in college. HE was kept out because of his draft status and stand to reason duke rushes him back and he gets hurt they are done as a program. So he sat a few extra games.
Bone bruise takes a week. Summer league over then. The hype was shameless for a summer league game.

I take nothing away positive or negative.

MS
Member: #724
7/7/2019  11:37 AM
9 minutes against every good player on the Knicks roster.

He put Knox in a body bag.

He’s grossly out of shape right now, he will be fine. He’s got to lose 20 pounds this year to stay healthy.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/7/2019  11:53 AM
1) Zion has to lose the weight. He runs and walks awkward. I get scared he’a going to get hurt close to every play.

2) He needs to improve his shot. It looks slower than when he was at Duke.

3) It’s scary how good he is despite the weight.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/7/2019  2:43 PM
MS wrote:9 minutes against every good player on the Knicks roster.

He put Knox in a body bag.

He’s grossly out of shape right now, he will be fine. He’s got to lose 20 pounds this year to stay healthy.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/7/2019  2:45 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/7/2019  3:38 PM
Zion slapped at the ball, then grabbed it. Looked bad because he fell. Looked bad because he was not taking care of the ball.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/7/2019  10:06 PM
Can you imagine if the Knicks drafted Zion and he played only 1 half of 1 game in the summer league. Reporters all over the country would be in every form of media criticizing the Knicks. But meanwhile ESPN and Bleacher Report were showing his warm up drill dunks as part of his "highlights" of the night.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/9/2019  1:18 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Can you imagine if the Knicks drafted Zion and he played only 1 half of 1 game in the summer league. Reporters all over the country would be in every form of media criticizing the Knicks. But meanwhile ESPN and Bleacher Report were showing his warm up drill dunks as part of his "highlights" of the night.

And if Zion was a Knick and decimated Summer League, ESPN would be criticizing the Knicks because SL are meaningless games and the Knicks FO would be taking stupid risks with the franchise savior.
OT: Zion Williamson to miss rest of Summer League

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy