[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dear Scott......IF Sam calls
Author Thread
KNICKSBIGCATS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3745

7/6/2019  2:22 PM
Westbrook is too ball dominant and needs to be in the right kind of situation to succeed.
I could see San Antonio, Chicago, or Miami taking a chance on him though.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
AUTOADVERT
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
7/6/2019  2:25 PM
Clippers got fleeced.

SGA is a future star, much better prospect than any of our young players.

Rose is not the answer.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/6/2019  2:38 PM
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:Westbrook is too ball dominant and needs to be in the right kind of situation to succeed.

No idea who is left on Miami but I can see Pat making a run

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/6/2019  3:46 PM
martin wrote:
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:Westbrook is too ball dominant and needs to be in the right kind of situation to succeed.

No idea who is left on Miami but I can see Pat making a run

Dragic for the cap. Westbrook like 4 years 170mm.

I cannot ascertain Westbrooks value for a trade. He is too much a perfect fit for the history of this franchise. A big star, past the apex of his powers, a huge contract, and does not make others around him “better”.

The pain we have endured cannot be for this guy. Please, check the Caller ID on the phone and don’t answer it!!!!

dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/6/2019  3:54 PM
We can't make a trade until December using any of the new free agents...so this won't happen
KNICKSBIGCATS
Member: #3745

7/6/2019  3:57 PM
Miami to pair him up with Butler

or San Antonio to run a trio of Aldridge/Derozan/Westbrook

Those are the only two contending teams without legit PG’s (the Miami trade would send Dragic to OKC on an expiring deal) that are able to contend for playoff spots, especially after acquiring Westbrook.

Miami Trades: Dragic, Ryan Anderson, Tyler Herro, KZ Okpala, and two additional future 1sts and a future pick swap for Westbrook

San Antonio Trades: DeMarre Carrol, Patty Mills, DJ White, Keldon Johnson and Luka Semanic once they sign, and possibly other future 1sts for Westbrook

Both trades give OKC future cap flexibility, and a massive haul of young prospects and picks.

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/6/2019  4:20 PM
I think butler signed with the heat because he wanted to be the man and have a bigger role on offense, not sure he’d be pleased if they suddenly landed Westbrook, though Can’t think of another team that would want him and can give OKC cap relief.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/6/2019  5:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:I think butler signed with the heat because he wanted to be the man and have a bigger role on offense, not sure he’d be pleased if they suddenly landed Westbrook, though Can’t think of another team that would want him and can give OKC cap relief.

I honestly thought this was the basis behind Jimmy's decision.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/6/2019  5:17 PM
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:Miami to pair him up with Butler

or San Antonio to run a trio of Aldridge/Derozan/Westbrook

Those are the only two contending teams without legit PG’s (the Miami trade would send Dragic to OKC on an expiring deal) that are able to contend for playoff spots, especially after acquiring Westbrook.

Miami Trades: Dragic, Ryan Anderson, Tyler Herro, KZ Okpala, and two additional future 1sts and a future pick swap for Westbrook

San Antonio Trades: DeMarre Carrol, Patty Mills, DJ White, Keldon Johnson and Luka Semanic once they sign, and possibly other future 1sts for Westbrook

Both trades give OKC future cap flexibility, and a massive haul of young prospects and picks.

Who do you think Miami is giving up for Westbrook?

BTW, Westbrook is just as bad with the media as Durant. How do you think he’ll do in NY?

Bad fit here.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/6/2019  5:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2019  5:21 PM
Perry knows chasing Westbrook and his contract would be a return to the bad old days. Just got done showing he isnt interested. Wondering which team would take on Westbrook's deal. Who could use Westbrook to vault them to contender, without gutting a good roster. I could see teams giving up a load of draft picks, but who can still put a good supporting cast around him? Dont know.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/6/2019  11:52 PM
I am genuinely excited to see Smith/Barrett/Knox/Randle/Robinson play this season. Yeah, probably the youngest starting 5 in the league and maybe lagging in talent behind teams like Philly. But I want to see this team play and I want the possibility that all 5 just push each other to be gym rats. These vets surrounding them beat me up a bit and make them tough. They don’t have the Tim Duncan to preach 2 way play like gospel. Man, Kawhi on those Spurs got a gift from those Vets. But, if I were Dolan, I’d swallow some pride and have Oakley in camp every day with his lunch pail showing what it takes to make it in NY. 25 years later we still love Oak’s toughness. Loved Camby but we lost that trade. You give Randle and Portis a guy like Oakley to learn from. Hard fouls. Make em count. Then Knox and Barrett get protected. Let them grow together but make sure they know they gotta play both ways. And work hard to stay in NY.

Get em boys.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/6/2019  11:52 PM
^^ means I Am out on Westbrook and in on the yoots.
This is the Randle.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/7/2019  6:56 AM
zach lowe speculating that presti would have to attach assets, i.e. picks, to westbrook in order to move him

i think thats logical

but Dolan is probably raging at this point after all the media coverage

Perry will want to keep his job and the only way to do that is to abandon all common sense and give up the future for Russ

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
7/7/2019  9:55 AM
I would treat Westbrook like a salary dump. Give us the assets you got for Paul George and we'll let you dump Westbrook on our roster :)
Rose is not the answer.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/7/2019  10:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2019  10:19 AM
If the price was just the Mavericks draft picks, 1 of ours and expiring deals I could see us making the trade. I think another team will offer a lot more. Is it a smart move? No but I could see Perry being interested.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/7/2019  10:36 AM
dwiley20 wrote:We can't make a trade until December using any of the new free agents...so this won't happen

This.

In terms of opinion. I watched a lot of OKC basketball. Westbrook is the lowest IQ bball suoerstar in the NBA. IMO Would pass on him even in his prime. Whcih is a shame as he is/was so physically talented.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/7/2019  11:33 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:We can't make a trade until December using any of the new free agents...so this won't happen

This.

In terms of opinion. I watched a lot of OKC basketball. Westbrook is the lowest IQ bball suoerstar in the NBA. IMO Would pass on him even in his prime. Whcih is a shame as he is/was so physically talented.

This is true. He would destroy whatever young talent we would have left, assuming presti doesn’t get Dolan to trade everyone under 22

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
7/7/2019  12:19 PM
In addition to him being ball dominant and around 30 - he's had his knee scoped 2 or 3 times in the last few years. Gotta be concerned with the wear and tear on his body - especially since he seems to play full speed 90% of the time. From a medical standpoint - think Klay coming off the ACL tear is a lower risk than Russ due to the fact that Klay doesn't rely on his athleticism to be effective...
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/7/2019  1:08 PM
anrst wrote:zach lowe speculating that presti would have to attach assets, i.e. picks, to westbrook in order to move him

i think thats logical

but Dolan is probably raging at this point after all the media coverage

Perry will want to keep his job and the only way to do that is to abandon all common sense and give up the future for Russ

not buying that. There is at least one team out there that will give away assets for him.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Dear Scott......IF Sam calls

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy