[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sick..Leonard and Paul George to the Clippers
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

7/6/2019  9:07 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
Welpee wrote:My fear - Knicks front office hears all the noise from fans and the media on how they fumbled this off season, see an opportunity to acquire Westbrook and they go back to following the same script from prior regimes and gets talked into chasing a big name.

I do not want Westbrook!

Not happening. You are thinking of the old FO, not the new one.

Hope you're right. We just don't know how the current front office feels about Westbrook. If they REALLY like him, they may chase him. I hope not.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/6/2019  9:20 AM
Clips got “Mello’d”. If they did not do this deal he goes to Lakers and the second fiddle status continues.
I know some knick fans want that status. Its a false stature. Winning offseason is not the same. I applaud our FO for sticking to a plan. I can’t tell you when the payoff is, but when you fundamentally do the right thing over a long stretch you accomplish. KP was a set back. At least we got some value in return and it may prove to be good. Or not. WE are negative for the past. It’s understandable.
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/6/2019  9:23 AM
Welpee wrote:
Chandler wrote:In a strange way I feel good for all involved. As others have said, OKC was staring into the abyss. Do they now trade Russell?

George and Leonard wanted LA and did it in a cool, understated way.

I also feel good for a couple of reasons: 1) Kawhi didn't bow down to Lebron's constant attempts to put together stacked squads to help him collect rings. Kawhi controlled his own situation versus being another pawn in Lebron's world. 2) It helped make the NBA more competitively balanced. 3) I think the Laker/Clipper rivalry will be good for the league. However, this sucks for the Raptors but they got their ring so I can't feel too bad for them.

excellent points!! Leonard is my favorite player. Right now did he not only decline Lebron but he's challenging him to be king of LA

playoffs will be fun

in the east it should come down to philly and bucks, but i wouldn't be surprised if Toronto finds a way to rebound some. having said thet a lot of crap teams will make it in and temporarily feel good about themselves

the west will have some fierce battles

(5)(5)
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/6/2019  9:24 AM
Chandler wrote:
Trade looks like a haul for OKC

But two words: Jerry West

Clips win trade because Jerry (even at however old he is) is two steps ahead. Who the hell saw this coming. Masterful

In a strange way I feel good for all involved. As others have said, OKC was staring into the abyss. Do they now trade Russell?

I suspect the Clips (e.g., Balmer) was fine going all in for one championship

Next year is going to suck for a lot of teams but the playoffs will be fun -- no foregone collusions

Its a players league...Kawhi leonard spoke to George and told him to request a trade to the Clips which he did. Half of the job was already done for West.

Chandler

7/6/2019  9:26 AM
MS wrote:You need to look at it from this perspective. You either have superstars or you don’t. The Clippers now have two in the middle of their prime. They are both fantastic defenders and elite scorers.

Jerry West is a killer. You hire Phil Jackson or the best GM in the league history.

The man turned Tobias Harris into two first round picks, two seconds, Shamet and Muscala (who he turned into a serviceable rotation young center in Zubac). That’s a bigger haul.

Let’s not forget trading a pain in the ass Chris Paul for Beverly and Lou Williams (signing him to the best deal in the nba) and getting a first round pick along with Harrell.

Do you know how hard it is to take away the thunder from the Lakers with James and AD? They also made the Lakers wait and lose out on just about all quality free agents.

Ask the Celts what happens when you hang onto your assets. They just prevented 3 more titles from their neighbors.

excellent points. For those who want AD next year, send a thank you note to Jerry

He's going to want out of the Lakers when he experiences another early exit from playoffs and having to be Lebron's robin

(5)(5)
Chandler

7/6/2019  9:28 AM
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Clips win trade because Jerry (even at however old he is) is two steps ahead. Who the hell saw this coming. Masterful

In a strange way I feel good for all involved. As others have said, OKC was staring into the abyss. Do they now trade Russell?

Next year is going to suck for a lot of teams but the playoffs will be fun -- no foregone collusions

Its a players league...Kawhi leonard spoke to George and told him to request a trade to the Clips which he did. Half of the job was already done for West.

I don't think you're giving Jerry enough credit. Guy has brought success everyplace

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/6/2019  9:35 AM
TheGame wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Holy S***! That's a horrific trade for the Clips:

I love that trade for the Thunder- they were staring into the abyss before it, now they are set for years with all those unprotected 1sts AND SGA and Gallo will help them out this year.

After this summer the Melo trade fades in it's infamy- AD and PG traders were worse, in my opinion- I get why the Lakers and Clips did them, but they paid a bigger price than we did.

Lakers are screwed- they just have AD and ageing Lebron, and Kawhi strung them along so long they've missed out on some good role players to fill out their roster, missed out on all the other star FA's and next years FA pool is trash and they have no assets to trade.

Clips vs Lakers games should be fun. Plus this offseason has seen the death of the super team- we're back to 2 stars and role players (which I much prefer over 3 stars)- league is wide open.

Even if Leonard brings them a championship, the Clippers are still going to regret that trade. Just too many unprotected picks and they gave up that rookie pg they drafted last year.

Disagree. If a team wins a chip, which is the goal for every franchise!, in no way is it regrettable. Keep in mind this is not a one year deal for Kahwi and they still have a very good team. Gallo and Gil are good players but replaceable. I know its popular to think boasting about how many future picks you have is success but if that was the goal teams like Philly, Boston, Minny, etc are winning every year.

However, if they dont win a chip then its absolutely regrettable. It Will be either the Clips or Lakers celebrating or regretting their moves. Think its a good trade for both though. Clips are now favored to win a chip. Yesterday they were expected to maybe win a round and once again lose out to Lakers and be the little brother in LA. Good trade for OKC. They will rebuild. Probably unloading Adams and Westbrook and rebuilding after many years of trying to win a chip via KD and then Westbrook.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Uptown

7/6/2019  9:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2019  10:03 AM
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I don't think you're giving Jerry enough credit. Guy has brought success everyplace

His track record speaks for itself...but in this particular situation, Kawhi and George made it easier for him. West didn't have to sift through mounds of players trying to figure out the perfect match for Kawhi...George knocked on his door...

Btw..The raptors were involved in trying to get George too..

Chandler

7/6/2019  10:11 AM
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:

His track record speaks for itself...but in this particular situation, Kawhi and George made it easier for him. West didn't have to sift through mounds of players trying to figure out the perfect match for Kawhi...George knocked on his door...

Btw..The raptors were involved in trying to get George too..

i am sure you are right that players talked. And i suspect Kawhi told the Clips something to the effect of "if you get George I'll sign" But it was West who had the lads to make this deal happen. That cost a lot. And somehow looks better and longer term than what the Lakers did in dumping all these #2 picks and draft picks for AD for what might be a short term deal or to see Lebron's inevitable decline

(5)(5)
MS
Member: #724
7/6/2019  10:13 AM
Disagree. Players wanting to play with each other means nothing if you don’t have the foundation and the core.

He was able to move Blake Griffin for Tonias Harris and other pieces. Somehow every team is able to move an unloveable contract except the Knicks.

Great trades, that create assets. Look at the Clippers today. They still have Shamet, Harrell, Lou Williams, Zubac and Beverley.

That’s why it’s important when you have the cap space you use it on Iggy or Harkless to get additional pics instead of overpaying guys like Ellington and Bullock.

Trading for a star is a far likelier path for this team.

Chandler

7/6/2019  10:22 AM
MS wrote:Disagree. Players wanting to play with each other means nothing if you don’t have the foundation and the core.

He was able to move Blake Griffin for Tonias Harris and other pieces. Somehow every team is able to move an unloveable contract except the Knicks.

Great trades, that create assets. Look at the Clippers today. They still have Shamet, Harrell, Lou Williams, Zubac and Beverley.

That’s why it’s important when you have the cap space you use it on Iggy or Harkless to get additional pics instead of overpaying guys like Ellington and Bullock.

agree 100%. Clips went from CP3, Blake and DJ to this and never seemed to have a **** show in between. They have a coach who gets the best out of his players

Contrast that to us

the Perry/Mills love boat crowd doesn't want to give a move like this credit because it implies our FO doesn't know what it's doing. My own sense is that our record will put that debate to rest. Our moves are destined to entrench us in the high lottery, at best

I am glad there weren't long term deals; if nothing else it will make life easier for Mills/Perry replacements

(5)(5)
Uptown

7/6/2019  10:30 AM
Chandler wrote:
MS wrote:Disagree. Players wanting to play with each other means nothing if you don’t have the foundation and the core.

agree 100%. Clips went from CP3, Blake and DJ to this and never seemed to have a **** show in between. They have a coach who gets the best out of his players

Contrast that to us

the Perry/Mills love boat crowd doesn't want to give a move like this credit because it implies our FO doesn't know what it's doing. My own sense is that our record will put that debate to rest. Our moves are destined to entrench us in the high lottery, at best

I am glad there weren't long term deals; if nothing else it will make life easier for Mills/Perry replacements

You just pointed out how the Clips went from Paul, Griffin and DJ and flipped them assets. Do you know how many years it took for that whole process to unfold? Years! All I'm saying is give Perry more than 2 years before we claim he doesn't know what he is doing.

MS
Member: #724
7/6/2019  10:40 AM
Years as in two years. Not 20! They also made the playoffs this year and took the warriors to six games. In the west. Not the weak as eastern conference.

Are you excited about Frank and Knox? Two top 10 selections should be rotation staples.

When you have all the money in the world, you bring in the best front office people possible. Steve Mills has done nothing during his tenure here and he’s firmly entrenched as a part of the front office.

We have been holding our dicks for years, while teams keep replenishing assets and making winning moves.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2019  10:42 AM

There were two opportunities to absorb contracts for picks. We don’t know if the Knicks were even considered for either opportunity. In regards to trades, Melo’s contract was horrible and Perry
got off that deal and got Mitch. Also, I don’t think the PG trade ages we’ll for the Clippers.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/6/2019  10:51 AM
Q: Why would AD want to be in LA after this year?

A: Rich Paul And LeBron tell him what to do.

Uptown

7/6/2019  10:55 AM
MS wrote:Years as in two years. Not 20! They also made the playoffs this year and took the warriors to six games. In the west. Not the weak as eastern conference.

Are you excited about Frank and Knox? Two top 10 selections should be rotation staples.

When you have all the money in the world, you bring in the best front office people possible. Steve Mills has done nothing during his tenure here and he’s firmly entrenched as a part of the front office.

We have been holding our dicks for years, while teams keep replenishing assets and making winning moves.

In order to make the moves the Clippers made you have to have the assets to trade. Which payers on our current roster are as good as Paul, Griffin and DJ were 2 years ago? Our situation is not the same as the Clips. Clips had allstar assets, Perry does not so not sure why we are comparing the 2 teams.

Btw, Frank was a phil pick, not Perry.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/6/2019  11:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2019  11:18 AM
Lebron wants AD to be his best friend but now that Kwai decided to be best friends with Paul George Ad my need to find a new crew even if that means turning his back on Lebron and thier shared agent. But does AD have the balls and indepent mind to do such a thing.

It’s difficult to leave old friends like how KD just did.

KD also felt a bit taken advantage of by Steph and Draymond in the same way that AD may feel in a year about the lakers.

Just look at Paul George who was Westbrook’s best friend last summer has now spurned Westbrook—who we might recall was spurned by KD year’s back. And speaking of kD, little did we know that kyrie is actually his true best friend— the same kyrie who rejected Lebron’s offer of long term companionship.

Real Housewives got nothing on these guys

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/6/2019  11:53 AM
Welpee wrote:My fear - Knicks front office hears all the noise from fans and the media on how they fumbled this off season, see an opportunity to acquire Westbrook and they go back to following the same script from prior regimes and gets talked into chasing a big name.

I do not want Westbrook!

Ack, don't even talk about it! Aging, declining Westbrook who can't shoot as his athleticism declines while raking in $40+ mil per year- no thanks!

CleaverGreene
Member: #8756

7/6/2019  12:33 PM
blkexec wrote:We can stop fussing at Perry and mills now....for not meeting with Kawhi. His ultimate goal was to go to clippers with another star. Since they didnt have a star, it delayed his decision.

Meanwhile the market wouldve dried up, and we wouldve been the laughingstock of the NBA. Maxing out garbage non tradable assets. In stead every signing we did are short term trade assets.

And for those questioning why so many bigs we picked up? Why all these tough guys and proven vets? Watch espn highlights how a rookie.....only a freshman in college.....snatched the ball from Knox and dunked on him....then flexed. Watch Mitch trying to block zion, and always end up on the floor, in foul trouble.

This was the best plan B we couldve did. Yes weak free agent class, but with these multiple super teams, these other teams will be active at the trade deadline. Good job FO.

How much did the delay hurt Toronto's chance to pick anyone up to replace Leonard. Danny Green also left, I assume because Leonard jumped.

We know Toronto wanted to keep Kawhi, were they also going to offer Green a contract?

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2019  12:38 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:
blkexec wrote:We can stop fussing at Perry and mills now....for not meeting with Kawhi. His ultimate goal was to go to clippers with another star. Since they didnt have a star, it delayed his decision.

Meanwhile the market wouldve dried up, and we wouldve been the laughingstock of the NBA. Maxing out garbage non tradable assets. In stead every signing we did are short term trade assets.

And for those questioning why so many bigs we picked up? Why all these tough guys and proven vets? Watch espn highlights how a rookie.....only a freshman in college.....snatched the ball from Knox and dunked on him....then flexed. Watch Mitch trying to block zion, and always end up on the floor, in foul trouble.

This was the best plan B we couldve did. Yes weak free agent class, but with these multiple super teams, these other teams will be active at the trade deadline. Good job FO.

How much did the delay hurt Toronto's chance to pick anyone up to replace Leonard. Danny Green also left, I assume because Leonard jumped.

We know Toronto wanted to keep Kawhi, were they also going to offer Green a contract?

I think Toronto’s plan b was to get cap relief from trading Demar’s contract. Plan b may involve Lowery and Gasol being traded.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sick..Leonard and Paul George to the Clippers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy