7/6/2019  2:08 AM
Go Knicks
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/6/2019  2:27 AM
It's the end of the world as we know it lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
7/6/2019  2:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2019  2:51 AM
We can stop fussing at Perry and mills now....for not meeting with Kawhi. His ultimate goal was to go to clippers with another star. Since they didnt have a star, it delayed his decision.

Meanwhile the market wouldve dried up, and we wouldve been the laughingstock of the NBA. Maxing out garbage non tradable assets. In stead every signing we did are short term trade assets.

And for those questioning why so many bigs we picked up? Why all these tough guys and proven vets? Watch espn highlights how a rookie.....only a freshman in college.....snatched the ball from Knox and dunked on him....then flexed. Watch Mitch trying to block zion, and always end up on the floor, in foul trouble.

This was the best plan B we couldve did. Yes weak free agent class, but with these multiple super teams, these other teams will be active at the trade deadline. Good job FO.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/6/2019  3:00 AM
blkexec wrote:We can stop fussing at Perry and mills now....for not meeting with Kawhi. His ultimate goal was to go to clippers with another star. Since they didnt have a star, it delayed his decision.

Meanwhile the market wouldve dried up, and we wouldve been the laughingstock of the NBA. Maxing out garbage non tradable assets. In stead every signing we did are short term trade assets.

And for those questioning why so many bigs we picked up? Why all these tough guys and proven vets? Watch espn highlights how a rookie.....only a freshman in college.....snatched the ball from Knox and dunked on him....then flexed. Watch Mitch trying to block zion, and always end up on the floor, in foul trouble.

This was the best plan B we couldve did. Yes weak free agent class, but with these multiple super teams, these other teams will be active at the trade deadline. Good job FO.

Pretty much

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/6/2019  3:11 AM
Holy S***! That's a horrific trade for the Clips:

I love that trade for the Thunder- they were staring into the abyss before it, now they are set for years with all those unprotected 1sts AND SGA and Gallo will help them out this year.

After this summer the Melo trade fades in it's infamy- AD and PG traders were worse, in my opinion- I get why the Lakers and Clips did them, but they paid a bigger price than we did.

Lakers are screwed- they just have AD and ageing Lebron, and Kawhi strung them along so long they've missed out on some good role players to fill out their roster, missed out on all the other star FA's and next years FA pool is trash and they have no assets to trade.

Clips vs Lakers games should be fun. Plus this offseason has seen the death of the super team- we're back to 2 stars and role players (which I much prefer over 3 stars)- league is wide open.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

7/6/2019  3:13 AM
blkexec wrote:We can stop fussing at Perry and mills now....for not meeting with Kawhi. His ultimate goal was to go to clippers with another star. Since they didnt have a star, it delayed his decision.

PERRY, STEVE MILLS, NYK OWNER = WORST IN PRO SPORTS

Welcome to our NY Knicks team rebuilders !

Clueless makes most unlikely uninteresting Knicks ever.

*NO ONE WANTS TO EVER COME TO OUR GARBAGE RUN MGMT
ORGANIZATION!

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
DJMUSIC

7/6/2019  3:16 AM

PERRY, STEVE MILLS, NYK OWNER = WORST IN PRO SPORTS

Welcome to our NY Knicks team rebuilders !

Clueless makes most unlikely uninteresting Knicks ever.

*NO ONE WANTS TO EVER COME TO OUR GARBAGE RUN MGMT
ORGANIZATION!

Should at least talked to Leonard camp,
Whom the hell are Knickerbockers???? To pass on chats
With a superstar eh????????????

DJMUSIC

7/6/2019  3:31 AM
Listen we all will be old, grey talking same
Bulls_it

This n that plan

The knicks has not done squat in 30+yrs

All they try to prove is that NBA IS run
One way and knicks got other plans...

You emulate success... sure NY got.all
These draft picks few yrs down the road
Watch them mess that up.

You need to build and get stars, superstar
And role players.

NY has not got no PG, Def,,stoppers
No shooting ace, nor allstars not a bleep
Of an identity is reason they are irrelevant
In today's NBA.

Sick of team owners and rich people
P_ss'n away at doing everything differently
Than world of pro sports ownerships.

What it does imply to good fans like we got
In forum boards ny Knickerbockers could care
Less about success and blueprint to get to
Promise land of success.

If I'm a NBA STAR I aint coming here cause
$$$$ at 34st revenues it's utmost importance
To MSG BRASS as opposed to do the thing of building
100% all the way through

Watch this team.org, .if they ain't right
They will turn probable star RJ Barrett into
KP version 2.5, in tactics to build up.

Drafts next couple yrs will be important
And if you're not going after needs, along
With stud FA,, I say not more.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2019  6:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:Holy S***! That's a horrific trade for the Clips:

I love that trade for the Thunder- they were staring into the abyss before it, now they are set for years with all those unprotected 1sts AND SGA and Gallo will help them out this year.

After this summer the Melo trade fades in it's infamy- AD and PG traders were worse, in my opinion- I get why the Lakers and Clips did them, but they paid a bigger price than we did.

Lakers are screwed- they just have AD and ageing Lebron, and Kawhi strung them along so long they've missed out on some good role players to fill out their roster, missed out on all the other star FA's and next years FA pool is trash and they have no assets to trade.

Clips vs Lakers games should be fun. Plus this offseason has seen the death of the super team- we're back to 2 stars and role players (which I much prefer over 3 stars)- league is wide open.

Its a great trade for the Thunder. Shai and Gallo are good players. One of those. Unprotected picks is from the double draft. Presti is back.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/6/2019  7:14 AM
dwiley20 wrote:

Pretty much

You see the picture of Zion with his fingers pressed into a bball like it was a beachball? Give Knox a pass on that one.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/6/2019  7:14 AM

Even if Leonard brings them a championship, the Clippers are still going to regret that trade. Just too many unprotected picks and they gave up that rookie pg they drafted last year.

Trust the Process
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/6/2019  7:18 AM
That was my guess for Kawhi's destination. Try to win a title with a third team, do something LeBron has yet to do, and in the same arena as LeBron, in Kawhi's hometown. Will be interesting to see what complimentary pieces are in place opening day
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/6/2019  7:39 AM

Trade looks like a haul for OKC

But two words: Jerry West

Clips win trade because Jerry (even at however old he is) is two steps ahead. Who the hell saw this coming. Masterful

In a strange way I feel good for all involved. As others have said, OKC was staring into the abyss. Do they now trade Russell?

George and Leonard wanted LA and did it in a cool, understated way.

I suspect the Clips (e.g., Balmer) was fine going all in for one championship

Next year is going to suck for a lot of teams but the playoffs will be fun -- no foregone collusions

(5)(5)
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/6/2019  8:31 AM
My fear - Knicks front office hears all the noise from fans and the media on how they fumbled this off season, see an opportunity to acquire Westbrook and they go back to following the same script from prior regimes and gets talked into chasing a big name.

I do not want Westbrook!

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/6/2019  8:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2019  8:39 AM
Chandler wrote:In a strange way I feel good for all involved. As others have said, OKC was staring into the abyss. Do they now trade Russell?

I also feel good for a couple of reasons: 1) Kawhi didn't bow down to Lebron's constant attempts to put together stacked squads to help him collect rings. Kawhi controlled his own situation versus being another pawn in Lebron's world. 2) It helped make the NBA more competitively balanced. 3) I think the Laker/Clipper rivalry will be good for the league. However, this sucks for the Raptors but they got their ring so I can't feel too bad for them.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/6/2019  8:42 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Its a great trade for the Thunder. Shai and Gallo are good players. One of those. Unprotected picks is from the double draft. Presti is back.

That was a really desperate move by the Clips. It might look like it made sense because they god Kawhi as a package deal, but wow! Talk about trading your future! These stars get injured and the Clips look horrible because of this trade.

Perfect move for OKC. It seems like time was running out on the Clips no OKC used it for leverage into getting the most ridiculous trade for picks ever!

Knicks_Fan
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/6/2019  8:43 AM
Welpee wrote:My fear - Knicks front office hears all the noise from fans and the media on how they fumbled this off season, see an opportunity to acquire Westbrook and they go back to following the same script from prior regimes and gets talked into chasing a big name.

I do not want Westbrook!

We need to find a way to acquire SGA.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knicksfan
USA
7/6/2019  8:45 AM
Welpee wrote:My fear - Knicks front office hears all the noise from fans and the media on how they fumbled this off season, see an opportunity to acquire Westbrook and they go back to following the same script from prior regimes and gets talked into chasing a big name.

I do not want Westbrook!

Not happening. You are thinking of the old FO, not the new one.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
7/6/2019  8:47 AM
Welpee wrote:
Chandler wrote:In a strange way I feel good for all involved. As others have said, OKC was staring into the abyss. Do they now trade Russell?

I also feel good for a couple of reasons: 1) Kawhi didn't bow down to Lebron's constant attempts to put together stacked squads to help him collect rings. Kawhi controlled his own situation versus being another pawn in Lebron's world. 2) It helped make the NBA more competitively balanced. 3) I think the Laker/Clipper rivalry will be good for the league. However, this sucks for the Raptors but they got their ring so I can't feel too bad for them.

It helps us that the Raptors got weakened.

I think it also helps they’re fans move on because Kawhi simply chose home and the team he wanted from the beginning instead of joining Lebron’s banana boat.

Knicks_Fan
MS
Member: #724
7/6/2019  9:05 AM
You need to look at it from this perspective. You either have superstars or you don’t. The Clippers now have two in the middle of their prime. They are both fantastic defenders and elite scorers.

Jerry West is a killer. You hire Phil Jackson or the best GM in the league history.

The man turned Tobias Harris into two first round picks, two seconds, Shamet and Muscala (who he turned into a serviceable rotation young center in Zubac). That’s a bigger haul.

Let’s not forget trading a pain in the ass Chris Paul for Beverly and Lou Williams (signing him to the best deal in the nba) and getting a first round pick along with Harrell.

Do you know how hard it is to take away the thunder from the Lakers with James and AD? They also made the Lakers wait and lose out on just about all quality free agents.

Ask the Celts what happens when you hang onto your assets. They just prevented 3 more titles from their neighbors.

Sick..Leonard and Paul George to the Clippers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy